Other Rice Cookers & Steamers:

Black & Decker Rice Cooker Plus

Pros

Cons

A PLUS IT IS!!!!

My Black & Decker Rice Cooker Plus not only makes great rice but also steams veggies like a pro.  I have steam from different veggies to won-tons and everything steams so nice that it makes you want to steam everything.  The Black & Decker Rice Cooker Plus also makes perfect rice every time.  No matter what kind of rice you decide to cook the directions let you know how much rice to water.  My husband likes for me to cook white rice then add sugar and milk.  I personally do not like it but I love just the white rice with stir fry veggies.  The wonton's that I make are great just add water to the bottom of the pot and add your steam basket on top put the lid on, let it get hot meanwhile back at the ranch you fix your wonton's add them and let the Black & Decker Rice Cooker Plus do what it does best cook!  Get your wanton sauce ready then enjoy your self simple and easy.  The rice angle on this is great instead of water add chicken stock or to your water add bullion cubes to make your rice special.  Frozen veggies a snap for your Black & Decker Rice Cooker.  Anything you place in your rice cooker is cook to perfection.

Cooks rice well

I like my rice cooker for the most part. The rice does get cooked through whether I cook white or brown rice. The "cook" button though doesn't necessarily cook until my rice is done and turn off and stay warm. So, I have had times where my rice gets burnt which is not pleasing to me. However, the rice is tender and well cooked by the rice cooker if I time the machine myself and check on the cooker and stir the rice occasionally. I like the "warm" button feature to the rice cooker. It is nice that I can keep my rice warm, but not overcook it or burn it. However, sometimes the rice can become a little dry even if warming, so I will make sure that there is some water still in the cooker with the rice. I also like that there is a steam option with my cooker and a plastic piece that I can add in to steam my veggies and it works very well! Very easy to clean too!

11 years and still working...

Comments about Black & Decker Rice Cooker Plus:

We have had our rice cooker plus for 11 years and still use it. It works great and effortlessly cooks rice to a desired doneness.

The rice cooker plus does its job of cooking rice to a great consistency. It is so much easier than filling a pot and watching it boil over a million times like I did pre-rice cooker plus. The reason I didn't give it a 10 is because, if left to itself, it will cook the rice about 5 minutes longer than I think is necessary before the switch "flips" to warm. If I am in the kitchen paying attention, I will turn the device off and remove the lid about 5 minutes before it flips to "warm". Sometimes the warm feature is not what is desired as I would like the device to just turn off.

Very easy to clean and much easier than cleaning a stove with a pot that has boiled over.

Very easy to use.

Disclaimer: I got rid of the special cup and rice stirrer long ago (probably lasted about 3 of the 11 years). I have done fine with the 1:2 rice water ratio but have missed the plastic spoon to some degree. While I try not to use a metal spoon, I have used wooden and rubber spoons at times. The coating on the rice cooker is nicked in several places. It may not be had I only used the plastic spoon that was included. Doesn't bother me much because the rice still turns out fine.

Standard rice cooker

from Merced, CA

Comments about Black & Decker Rice Cooker Plus:

The Black and Decker Rice Cooker Plus served my family and myself well for a couple of years. While operational, this rice cooker delivered what it promised, well-cooked rice, not too soggy, not too dry and was pretty quick at cooking substantial amounts of rice. Also, the electricity bill for my household did not change much before and after this rice cooker purchase, hence it is pretty electricity usage efficient too. However, after a couple of years use, we started noticing that the layers of rice in direct contact with the metal walls of the cooking pot were getting dry and crunchy. So, we ended up unplugging the rice cooker in the middle of cook time, stirring in and mixing little quantities of water with the rice that was cooking in this appliance. Finally, after a couple of years of service to our family, this rice cooker stopped working and had to be replaced.

Loved it

from NA

Comments about Black & Decker Rice Cooker Plus:

The Black & Decker Rice Cooker Plus is an excellent product and I was gifted this product last year by a close friend. I love using this brand and the design of this rice cooker matches with the look of my other kitchen products. The body of this product is quite strong as the lid has fallen on the ground more than 4 times but I have never seen any crack or scratch on it. The rice gets cooked really fast and I have never noticed even a single grain of rice left uncooked or discolored. The product has cook and warm indicator lights which help to adjust the mode accordingly and if the warm mode is selected, the rice does not get cooked but stays warm. To cook the rice, the cook mode need to be selected. I had this confusion when I just started using it and so I managed to make use of these functions well.

The rice cooker comes with a detachable cord and an inner container for storage in the refrigerator. I wish to purchase another rice cooker of the same brand as the price is reasonable and the durability is also good.

Versatile machine that cooks more than rice

from north augusta sc

Comments about Black & Decker Rice Cooker Plus:

I love cooking with the Black and Decker rice cooker plus! This machine cooks so much more food than rice! I love the design of this appliance, and it is also incredibly durable. I can not see this machine breaking. I also use this appliance as a slow cooker for roasts and other dinner meals that I make. It is so simple to cook a meal in the morning and have it set for a while and then use it for dinner. This machine is great for large batches of rice or for small batches depending on what I need for the meal. This appliance performs incredibly well at cooking food. I have been extremely satisfied with power of this machine. I will say that I am not impressed with the ease of cleaning this machine. Food tends to stick to the sides and the bottom of the device, even when a non stick spray is used. It does take a while to clean by hand and then with the dish washer.

Difficult to clean

Very durable

Great for someone like me who can't cook rice.

Comments about Black & Decker Rice Cooker Plus:

I admit it. I can't cook a pot of rice on the stove. I have had results from still hard in the middle to mushy and sticky. Rarely anything in between. This is not a fault I am happy about, I was born and raised in New Orleans and rice has always been a big part of my diet.

Even though I have way too many small kitchen appliances in my small home on wheels, when I saw this Black & Decker Rice Cooker Plus online for a great low price, I had to buy it and give it a try. Maybe, just maybe, I had found the solution to my inability to cook rice.

Now that I have had this Rice Cooker, I don't know why I waited so long to get it. I can make rice now. Correction, I can make excellent rice now! It is so easy, simply measure rice into inner bowl, add water, close lid and press cook button. When it is done, the cooker automatically stops cooking and switches to a keep warm setting. Amazing.

Clean up is very easy. The inner bowl comes right out to be washed either by hand or in the dishwasher. The cooker can be wiped down with a damp sponge or dish cloth.

This cooker can cook a maximum of 3 cups rice which is perfect for my needs. I am only cooking for the two of us 99% of the time.

A good, reliable rice cooker.

Comments about Black & Decker Rice Cooker Plus:

This is a great rice cooker. It cooks really large batches of rice really well and evenly. There is never any crusted or burned rice on the bottom of the pot after it is finished. The rice comes out perfect every single time, never too soggy or dry. It is also very easy and simple to clean up.

Does rice and vegetables together

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Black & Decker Rice Cooker Plus:

This handy device has really made me appreciate rice and vegetables in a whole new way.

The rice comes out perfect every time, so long as I add the right amount of water, and the vegetables are done well too. It doesn't burn the rice, so nothing sticks to the pan.

The pan has a non-stick coating that makes washing it simple. Nothing has stuck to it so far. And the pan is removable so that it can be washed in the sink.

I got directions for how much water to add to the specified amount of rice, plus the device takes the guesswork out of timing because the indicator light goes from COOK to WARM when it's time to eat the rice. And there is a little tray above the rice where I can put vegetables to be steamed, making it almost a one stop device to make a meal. There are lines marked on the rice pan so that you know how much water to add and there is a little measuring cup to use to determine how much rice to add.

I have had the device and used it quite often for over a year now, and nothing has failed. It's very sturdily made.

This is quite innovative in that it has a pan to cook the rice and a plate above the pan where steam can rise and cook vegetables.

Production meets the price.

Comments about Black & Decker Rice Cooker Plus:

It lasted for a long time. When mine broke down after four year's use, the biggest downside was I was just unprepared for it. No rice for a few weeks...

The rice was able to cook a lot quicker than on a stove top. That was the biggest plus for me when first beginning to use it.

I always hand washed the pieces of the rice cooker. One negative of the product was the coating on the metal cooker bowl began chipping off quite early and I was always afraid it would come off in the rice as well if I wasn't careful enough.

Can't get much simpler. Simply press down the lever and wait a half hour and then, walah! Rice is served.

Aside from the coating chipping off, I got great use from this for four steady years. Can't complain after not paying too much out of pocket for it.

A child could have probably designed this (it was nothing special). However, I was pleased that I was able to find a white one that went well with the rest of the kitchen appliances I then owned at the time.

Not bad for your first rice cooker

from Norfolk, VA

Comments about Black & Decker Rice Cooker Plus:

I'm someone who either overcooks rice or undercooks it. So after so many failed attempts I figured this was the best thing. The price wasn't expensive and it wasn't big and bulky to store in the kitchen. I'll admit the first few times I used it I messed the rice up. I either added to much water, left it on to long, I even forgot about the lid one time. However once you actually read and follow the directions it's easy to use. When you do cook the rice it does come out good, not as good as some other brands rice cookers (asian brands) but it's definitely much easier then cooking on the stove yourself. The one thing I really like about this rice cooker is the fact the inside bowl actually comes out so you can just put it right in the sink when it's time to wash it. My one complaint about it would be the rice sticks to it. Maybe it was just what I was doing at the time but I would have to use a spoon to get the rice that was stuck on the sides to come off while I was washing it. even tried soaking it but then I would be left with the " rice slime " on the sides from cooking. To me this is great for a firs time rice cooker. However quality wise I do feel some other brands cook the rice better, more like the asian restaurants. It really depends on your taste and how you like your rice.

Well worth the money!

Using this for over 3 years and NO problems a all

We cook rice everyday and this is the simplest way to make it, just was the rice, add it to the cooker insert, add double the amount of water and cook away. Fluffy white rice is ready and no need to keep an eye on it.
I even make brown rice in this ( just triple the amount of water or the rice will not cook well and stick to the bottom)

Non- stick insert makes cleaning easy

Just one button, Cook, super easy!

Mine has survived 3 cross country moves, Several road trips.

Standard design.