4.1
Black & Decker Quick'n Easy 8-Cup Food Processor

Black & Decker Quick'n Easy 8-Cup Food Processor

4.1

• Ease of Assembly:

Powerful but not too durable

I've owned this processor for a few years now. My primary use is for grating blocks of cheddar and mozzarella cheese. I only use it about once a month for 1-2 blocks. This processor hasn't really been able to hold up to the task. It has several broken pieces here and there. The blade has held up marvelously but the plastic bowl container and lid haven't done so well. I'm going to have to replace it very soon. I need something tougher. It does however hold up in the top rack of the dishwasher. If you are just needing something for light use, this is your machine.

Power
It's got the power to grind that block of cheese in no time flat. The bowl just doesn't hold up for my needs.

Safety
I've never had any safety concerns with this machine. Not even so much as cut my finger on a blade.

Ease of Assembly
This machine is almost self explanatory. The pieces fit together nicely and easily. You can switch blades easily too.

Since my primary use is grating cheese, cheese particles get stuck in lots of tiny places. If it weren't for hot water and the dishwasher, it would be hard to wash. I do like the fact that it's top rack dishwasher safe. If you weren't grating cheese it would be a breeze to clean.

I've not been pleased with the durability of the bowl and lid container(for lack of another word). Fairly soon after I got it a piece broke off the inside and I glued it back. It just doesn't hold up for hard cheeses like cheddar. Once you get to the end of the block that small piece that won't grate up spins on the top of the grater and clogs up the works forcing the lid to nearly pop off. I guess you could stop before that point, but I don't feel like I should have to take lid off, get that piece out and start again. The machine should be able to handle all of it. Design flaw in my opinion.

The Black and Decker Quick N Easy is neither quick or easy

The Black and Decker Quick and Easy is neither quick or easy.  The basic function of chopping and processing works fine.  The overall design is very durable.  The attachments to put on are confusing on how to put them on and secure them along with how they work.  When using the attachments to make chicken salad or anything that has a little moisture in it automatically clogs the exit shoot.  This means you have to continually take the top off and clean the exit shoot.  It becomes very frustrating and not worth using.  The blades themselves chop well and are very powerfull but the design is flawed when trying to use the attachments to shred items.  The exit shoot is too small and the attachments are to close to the top.  The processor is not difficult to clean but it is also not easy.  The Black and Decker Quick and Easy Plus overall works well when it comes to its basic function but all the attachments and extra functions are confusing and don't always work.

Waste of $$

from Twin Cities, MN

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Durable

Cons

• Poor results

• Finely chop/macerate vegetables

Comments about Black & Decker Quick'n Easy 8-Cup Food Processor:

Tried to use it to shred vegetables (carrots, jicama). I set the machine up per directions (correct side of white disc, correct side of shredding/cutting disc). Results are a lumpy mess that look like what's left after running items through a juicer. Photos & manual are completely misleading. Also, the cover doesn't lock adequately on the end by the dispensing chute.

Machine is fine for very finely chopping/macerating IF you you're using the curved blades on the end of the cutting wand. But if you want nicely shredded carrots, etc - save money & cleaning time and stick to a knife or manual shredder.

JUNK

from canada

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

Cons

• No Parts And Poorly Made

Comments about Black & Decker Quick'n Easy 8-Cup Food Processor:

base is good. top bowl is junk and breaks. no parts avalible

A really good machine.

Comments about Black & Decker Quick'n Easy 8-Cup Food Processor:

I bought the Black & Decker Quick'n Easy 8-Cup Food Processor FP1450 a few years back. I can say only good things about it. It comes with so many accessories that I didn't need any other machine in my kitchen. It has great power as well. I would use it for everything. I would puree my soups in it, crush ice for smoothies, and even blend raw beans. My favorite thing to make in it was hummus. It is just so easy to do. I just put in all the ingredients, close the lid, and start the machine. I wouldn't have to touch it again or do anything with it until it finishes. The same goes for anything I do in it.
      Cleaning the Black & Decker Quick'n Easy 8-Cup Food Processor FP1450 is not a problem. I remove the parts that are attached and I just wash them with a sponge and soap just like I would any of the dishes. I am extra careful however when handling the blade because I did get cut by it once when I was trying to clean it.
      The reason I don't have the Black & Decker Quick'n Easy 8-Cup Food Processor FP1450 anymore is because I gave it to my sister. She liked it so much when she saw me use it, I just packed it up for her in the box and gave it to her so she can use in her house.

Love it!

Comments about Black & Decker Quick'n Easy 8-Cup Food Processor:

I love my Black & Decker Food Processor. I have owned this processor for 4 years and have enjoyed using it at least once a week. I shred veggies for meals and salads. I make cookie dough and pizza dough in it. It is very easy to put anything i need chopped or mixed in it and save my fingers. Cleaning it easy. I use hand wash it. I have never had a problem with it not working, not chopping or shredding. I would recommend this processor to anyone looking for a nice processor. I leave it on the counter but if i wanted to store it's not the big and will fit under a cabinet very easy.

Power
      Great power. I have never had a problem with the processor not being able to process anything. It is fast and does the job.

Safety
      I love i don't have to worry about it turning on without the lid if i hit the power button by accident. The lid has to lock for the power to come on.

Ease of Assembly
      Everything locks into itself to work. The processor will let you know if anything is put wrong or backwards by not coming on.

Easy clean, i hand wash it with soap and warm water. Nothing ever sticks. It whips pretty clean with the first rinse.

The processor is made of a hard plastic that doesn't really look scratched or anything. Looks good after years of use.

Makes Food Prep Easy!

Comments about Black & Decker Quick'n Easy 8-Cup Food Processor:

I had been resistant to getting a food processor because I thought it would end up with all of my other small appliances, unused and put away. I will say that I was delightfully wrong! I leave this food processor out on the counter, and use it to make all kinds of things, including some delicious fresh biscuits! Who knew it could be used for baking, too! It is easy to use, very simple controls, easy to take apart, and you can throw the bowl, blades, etc. in the dishwasher!! Highly recommended!

• Ease of Assembly:

Kind of bulky but works great

Comments about Black & Decker Quick'n Easy 8-Cup Food Processor:

I have several food processors from large to small. I got this one as a gift because I am a cook by trade and people feel the need to buy me kitchen stuff all the time ;) I generally don't break this one out unless I am preparing a large amount of something because it find it to be a little bulky. There's several pieces to it (grater, slicer, blade, lid, lip attachment) so there is a need to have somewhere to store the extra stuff you aren't using and probably don't use a lot. I have also found that when using the attachment to grate into the chute out into a separate bowl, that sometimes the food becomes jammed in there and you have to stop, take it apart and start again. I also have a hard time finding a place for it to fit in my cabinets because of how its shaped. If you are going to be using it all the time for just processing I would recommend getting one that's a little more simple and takes up less space. It does run well and is pretty easy to just throw in the dishwasher to clean, though.

• Ease of Assembly:

I really like this little food processor

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Black & Decker Quick'n Easy 8-Cup Food Processor:

The Black & Decker FP1600B 8-Cup Food Processor is a nice versatile processor that can handle small jobs quickly without mess, plus it's easy to store being on the smaller side. I only use a processor every few months or so and this one meets all my needs.

Power
      This unit is powerful enough to make smoothies, chop onions and mix pie fillings. It's nice for smaller jobs and yet still large enough to handle everyday needs.

Ease of Assembly
      It is easy to take apart and put back together. You don't need to be an engineer to assemble it.

This processor is easy to take apart and clean with a minimum of parts.

I have only had this appliance for three months so I am not able to comment on durability yet.

Long lasting!

from Whitsett, NC

Comments about Black & Decker Quick'n Easy 8-Cup Food Processor:

We were given this as a wedding present years ago and it still works beautifully! We do not use it everyday but do use it frequently (a couple of times a week). It was also great when we made our children's baby food (for all 3 kids).

Power
      It grinds even the tough fruits and veggies.

Safety
      There are several parts to keep the food in and fingers out.

Ease of Assembly
      Super easy to put together and use (although there are several parts).

All of the parts make it a little cumbersome to clean but still fairly easy.

Absolutely! As I mentioned, we've used it for years and it still looks brand new.

A versatile kitchen tool

Comments about Black & Decker Quick'n Easy 8-Cup Food Processor:

A simple, yet useful kitchen aid to have around for occasions and events that you wouldn't expect. I grew up around this machine as a teen and so as I got married I was happy to receive one because I knew it could be handy in the kitchen. It can be used to make salsa, cut cheese, chop onions and a whole bunch of other stuff with ease and saves you the trouble of having to do it yourself. I biggest pet peeve is the clean up which can just be awkward for me and my big hands and trying to get the crevices but other than that it has been a dependable and good product. It is a very small product that makes for easy storage or just little counter space which is useful since we live in a small apartment.

Power
      It has the juice to get the job done.

Safety
      It has good guards but you have to care when switching blades.

Ease of Assembly
      Its pretty self explanatory.

With not too much effort its back to its clean self.

No problems in the few years we have had it.

• Ease of Assembly:

A nice food processor, but not very durable.

Comments about Black & Decker Quick'n Easy 8-Cup Food Processor:

I have a lot of black and decker products, and this one I bought earlier last year. However, though it worked very well at first, it broke within months. This was my first experience with a black and decker product that did not go all too well. Unfortunately, I guess that is how it is with food processors. It is very easy to put the "wrong" kind of food in, it gets stuck, things happen with the blade, and you have to buy a new food processor. \
      Nevertheless, this product was pretty inexpensive so I did not lose too much. Also, not only did it break, but while I was using it, I had a terrible experience with its noise level. Maybe this is how all food processors go, but this one was so loud!
      So I would recommend getting this food processor only if you need a cheap one to use occasionally to chop simple food like vegetables or something like that.