4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Mixing Performance:

Okay starter mixer, but not amazing.

Not a bad mixer for being on the cheaper side. However, you may want something with higher quality for long-time use. The extra money would be worth it, for someone who uses it more than once or twice a year.

Mixing Performance
The mixer does fine at blending. The whisks are tiny, however, and require constant attention - for example, if you are mixing anything thicker than frosting, you will need to frequently stop and clean out the little spaces in between the whisks. Otherwise it gets muddled up and just rotates a ball of dough. But if you keep an eye on it, it will mix.

Tedious to clean. Also, the case that it comes with is difficult to clean.

The biggest complaint I have about this mixer is the speed system. The box boasted "slow speeds", which would be great for mixing powdered sugar and the like. However, no such slow speed exists on this mixer. At speed level one, I shot powdered sugar all across myself, my stove, and my counter top. This mixer means business, and definitely has a twisted sense of speed.

Easy to hold while mixing. Nice grip area - my hand never feels cramped.

So far, the only thing that has broken in the storage box it comes with. But until this point, I have had no problems with the mixer itself.

Black & Decker Mixer - anything but convenient

I puchased this mixer approximately a year ago. I thought it would be very handy to have a case to keep it all together. This is not the case, in order to put it in it's case you have to disconnect the cord from the mixer and wrap it up seperate. Then reopen it once you clean the peices to put them away. Not nessessarily a deal breaker but so many extra steps. I used the mixer less than ten times for cakes and cookies. I pulled it out and gathered all the pieces last week for the first time in a couple months and it lit up and looked great but when I pushed start it simply said "click" and nothing happened. So I will need a new mixer now.  It it also very heavy compared to most which makes it a little harder to use. Another drawback is the beaters are not the standard fit so they can not be replaced with a simple trip to the store, not that you will need to replace them since the mixer itself does not outlast them! The case is not worth all the hassle that comes with this mixer and I will not buy this brand again. Oh yeah, the beaters were very thin and whimpy and would fall out during mixing if you didn't have them in there just right.

Wonderful mixer that gets the job done

from north augusta sc

Comments about Black & Decker PowerPro Hand Mixer:

I love the black and Decker power pro hand mixer! This mixer is incredibly powerful and mixes the toughest dough's that I make. The blades are incredibly durable, and they have not bent in the three years that I have owned this mixture. The motor has not burned out on me yet, and I make some thick dough for bread and muffins. I also love the design of this mixer! The black color goes well with my other kitchen appliances. This mixer is very easy to clean as well. The blades pop off and I do not even have to put them in the dish washer. I simply rinse them in the sink. Food does not tend to stick to the blades, which makes it easier to clean. This mixer is easy to use as well. I simply insert the blades in the mixer, and I am ready to go once I plug it in. There are a lot of different mixing speeds on this device, so the job will get done with minimal mess to clean up. I only wish that it was battery powered so that the cord does not get messy with whatever I am mixing. Otherwise this gets a very high score from me.

I've owned it for three years without issues

Not Fancy, but Great

Comments about Black & Decker PowerPro Hand Mixer:

I don't bake much, not my thing, but I do sometimes get in the mood. This is perfect, as it does not take up much room and it is not overly fancy. It is a simple mixer for basic needs and works wonders. Quickly and easily blends ingredients together to make anything smooth. The mixers are strong and work very well. The handle make it easy to control.

Mixing Performance
It blends everything together very nicely,

We all know the best way to clean this...lick the mixers! They easily detach for this and then of course to wash. They click right back in, no struggle to take them off to clean.

This is very basic, just a hand mixer. You use your own bowl, whatever you like and send this in after plugging it in. No fancy controls, so if you are looking for that, look to another product.

Nothing special, but it looks nice with the black color. Pretty much it looks like every other hand mixer though.

It holds up well, and the mixers are quite strong. Stronger than they may look before you attach them to the mixer.

Black & Decker Powerpro hand mixer

Comments about Black & Decker PowerPro Hand Mixer:

So if you are unlucky like me and have a small kitchen with no counter space than this is a great mixer to have. I have no where to put a regular stand mixer so I had to compromise and get a small hand mixer that can be easily stored in a cabinet. I bake a lot so this hand mixer comes in handy to make cakes, cookie doughs, frosting, and to beat my egg whites. With that said it's low speed is not really all that low so beware when you first turn it on, you might get splattered. I use an extra big bowl now so I am okay with this but some people might not have big bowls to use for mixing. Other than that this a nice hand mixer, has several speeds and an eject button for easy cleaning of the beaters.

Mixing Performance
Mixes very well, but the low speed tends to be faster than it should so beware of this.

Very easy to clean. Just hit the eject button and the beaters pop right off to hand wash or stick in the dishwasher. I just wipe any splatters off the main part with a damp rag.

Very easy to use, just make sure to keep it deep in the mixing bowl or you and your kitchen can get splattered.

Nice sleek design.

So far so good, no signs of slowing down yet!

Black & Decker PowerPro Hand Mixer MX217

Comments about Black & Decker PowerPro Hand Mixer:

My sister got me this Black & Decker PowerPro Hand Mixer MX217 for Christmas a few years ago. She knew I had been needing a new one, I usually go through a mixer a year. I bake a lot and a mixer is one of my biggest necessities in my kitchen and the other ones I had purchased were not lasting over a year. I am very satisfied with this one, it was the best gift I could have ever gotten. It works great and does everything I need it to do, also a big plus is that it is still working. I recommend this anyone looking for a long lasting hand mixer.

Mixing Performance
The performance of this mixer is great, it does exactly what I need it to do.

I love the ease of cleaning the Black & Decker PowerPro Hand Mixer, the beaters can be washed in the sink or you can put them in the dishwasher, whatever preference you have. I just wipe the outside of the mixer off and store it.

This is very simple to use, mixes ingredients well and does everything I need it to do.

I love that the Black & Decker has been more durable than any hand mixer I have owned and believe me I have owned a lot throughout the years.

Best mixer I've ever owned

Comments about Black & Decker PowerPro Hand Mixer:

Overall, this is a great product. The only complaint I have is some things I'm mixing tend to move up the beaters and I have to turn it off to clear them off.

Mixing Performance
I don't like the way the batter moves up the beaters as I'm mixing sometimes.

Very easy to use. My daughter (who is in no way kitchen-savvy) is able to use it. It is the one of the few things she hasn't broken in my kitchen.

I like the design. Mine also came in a box to keep all the pieces together and that is very helpful.

• Mixing Performance:

The best gift I got so far

from Lakeside, OR

Comments about Black & Decker PowerPro Hand Mixer:

I use it every day. I use it for making breakfast and sometimes dinner.

Mixing Performance
It's blends great from cake mix to dough.

Put the mixer blades in the washer and give the base a quick wipe.

I like how you push a button and the blades just pop out. And just pop them in again when you want to use them or change them out.

Decent hand mixer

from Fort Knox, KY

Comments about Black & Decker PowerPro Hand Mixer:

It works well for small jobs and short mixes, like for cakes or frostings. Its certainly light weight and doesn't hurt the hand and arm when mixing.

Mixing Performance
It doesn't have much difficulty mixing harder substances, like butter or chocolate chips, but it does occasionally slow down if the butter is not softened somewhat. Straight out of the fridge it cannot do.

I don't like the vents sucking in the flour and sugar, even on the low settings, but most hand mixers are like this, so I can't complain too much. And the beaters are easy to eject.

I don't like the beater eject button and the power surge button being so close together. It makes me nervous sometimes that if I am in a hurry, I'll hit the wrong button and shoot that beater out of the machine.

Similar to most other hand mixers, it doesn't really have any outstanding features. I stated above that I didn't like the vent placement, and the button placement, but it is following the mold of most other hand held mixers.

I would like the motor to not get hot after only a few minutes of mixing time, but it does cool down quickly.

• Mixing Performance:

easy hand held mixer, durable and easy to use

Comments about Black & Decker PowerPro Hand Mixer:

I love the style, the attachments and the ease of using. Wish it had a lower speed to start out with, makes a mess when adding a dry ingredient. Love the cookie blending beaters and the ease of changing beaters.

Mixing Performance
Again, I would have like to see a lower speed to start out with. Otherwise it blends just fine. Love the cookie beaters. also I like the ease of changing the beaters.

Simple to clean, love the case to store it in. Beaters are very simple to clean. The mixer just needs a wipe off and ready for the next times use.

Very, very simple. Very easy to switch beaters. Easy to pack away and convenient to store.

Beautiful design, only got it in Black, wish we could have gotten a brighter color. Easy to handle, even my grandchildren love to use it.

No problems, the beaters look like new even though I have had this for over 2 years. The mixer is in excellent shape and the case looks great.

Definitely a good mixer

Comments about Black & Decker PowerPro Hand Mixer:

I bought this mixer about six years ago, I finally decided to retire my moms very old hand mixer. This came in a black carrying case which is good so it doesn't get dusty or dirty, kneading and a whisk mixer. I'm always baking, cookies,cakes, brownies so I need a mixer that will get the job done with no problems, and this has a been a great addition to the kitchen. It mixes in seconds with no problem, no lumps and it leaves no ingredients unmixed, I hate when there's dry ingredients at the bottom of the bowl. The mixer is very easy to use, anyone can use this without a problem, the lowest setting is very powerful so I guess that's great, don't over mix! Cleaning it is no problem, it's just like cleaning any other mixed, all the pieces work great, they don't fall out while in the middle of mixing, which has happened in the past with other mixers. Unfortunately while I was using it one day it started making this very loud noise, I knew it was time to get a new one, I will definitely be repurchasing this mixer.

Great Little Mixer!

from Austin, TX

Comments about Black & Decker PowerPro Hand Mixer:

Love my mixer! I've had it for a few years now, & it hasn't let me down. I burned out 2 other mixer right before this one, & now no problems. Creaming butter, mixing eggs for meringue, cake batter, cookie dough, it's done it all! Holds up to everything, and it's ready for more. The only thing it's missing is a stand to mix on it's own.

Mixing Performance
This mixes very well! Batter & dough, eggs & butter, everything comes out exactly like it's supposed to!

Very easy to clean. Wipe it down with a paper towel, pop the beaters into the dishwasher, and you're done!

This has been SO easy for me to use! Several settings, boost button for a little extra power, easy to eject the beaters. Not much more you could ask for.

I really like the design. The black color and matching black box to hold everything. Very convenient! I also like that it comes with different beaters, so you can use it with batter, dough, or whatever.

Stands up to everything I've put it thru. Especially around the holidays. Seems like that's when all the birthdays are as well. All the baking & cookies I've made with it, it's still going strong!