Other Vacuums:

Cons

Cars and carpet steps clean with B & D Platinum handheld vacuum

from Austin, TX

Comments about Black & Decker Platinum Series 18V handheld Vacuum:

We have owned a number of handheld vacuums over many years. Often they peter out and do not have much suction. However the Black & Decker Platinum Series 18V handheld vacuum is different. When using it in my car first I wanted to be sure it not only cleaned the carpeting in the car but also the upholstery with all the little pebbles, stones, and bits of leaves that get in there. It sucked all of that up instantly and effectively and it was actually able to get under my car seats as well... also in my husband's truck too. I found that it gathered hair as well and did not clog up but instead kept sucking up dirt at a pretty good speed and capacity. I also used it on the carpeted stairs in the house and found that some of the ingrained dirt from shoes came out pretty easily with this handheld which was very pleasing since others have not done as well. Cleaning the small filter and the inside was as easy as unsnapping it and shaking it. I found that the filter cleans very easily especially without the benefit of any scraping.

• Versatility:

Works great for the messes made by my kiddos!

Comments about Black & Decker Platinum Series 18V handheld Vacuum:

This is my favorite cleaning item I own! I would be lost without it. It is so powerful and it is easy to use. I don't know what I would do without it! Sweeping just isn't enough with my 3 kids. I recommend this to all parents!

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to clean. A push of a button and you can slide the dirt container off to dump. The battery holds a charge for a long time but when you do have to charge it it is so simple.

Suction Performance
This is the most powerful handheld I have ever used. Even better than the dirt devil I had to plug in to use.

I love that you don't have to plug the whole unit up to charge. Just unsnap the battery pack and plug that into the charger and you are good to go!

My kids like to help me clean and this unit has been dropped alot. It still picks up with great power!

• Versatility:

A must for homes with small children!

from Attleboro, MA

Comments about Black & Decker Platinum Series 18V handheld Vacuum:

We love this handheld vac. It is so easy to use, and so powerful- my first grader loves to help out with spills around the house, and those spills get cleaned up quite quickly with this little guy. I love that I can it clean and re-use the filters, too. Saves me time and money!

Versatility
The nozzle is a little on the big side- so it doesn't slide into crevices as easily

see above

• Versatility:

The Black & Decker Platinum Handheld Vac has awesome power!

from Mundelein, IL

Comments about Black & Decker Platinum Series 18V handheld Vacuum:

My favorite Christmas present this year is the Black & Decker Platinum Series 18V Handheld Vacuum I received from my mother-in-law. I have a bad habit of letting my toddler eat crackers on my bed, so I wanted something to quickly vacuum up the crumbs. This vacuum can take care of that easily, and much more. The power on the Black & Decker Platinum Series 18V Handheld Vacuum is really great; its powerful suction has easily picked up cracker crumbs, cat litter, cat food pieces, and crumbled dead leaves for me easily. I am very impressed at how quickly and thoroughly it cleans up my messes. The vacuum is also very easy to empty and requires no bags.

The Black & Decker Platinum Series 18V Handheld Vacuum comes with a removable, rechargeable battery that is interchangeable with lots of other Black and Decker products. I stash the vacuum in a closet and leave the battery plugged into its nice, compact little charger so it is always ready for me. If I had to name a drawback to this vacuum, I would say that it is a little on the large and bulky side for a handheld vac (it's over 18" long), and that it is also a bit heavy, especially with the battery in it. However, it is SO effective and useful that these are only minor drawbacks at the most. I'll have to wait and see how it lasts, but I'm hoping this will be a great cleaning tool for me for years to come.

Holds charge and works great

from Tremont, IL

Comments about Black & Decker Platinum Series 18V handheld Vacuum:

I received this Black and Decker hand vac from my husband for Christmas (don't worry, I asked for it and he even let me help pick it out)  We decided upon this one because of its versitility with the interchangable batter packs that fit with other Black and Decker products and the voltage.  For the price, it was the most powerful handvac.  So far, I have been very pleased with it.  it seems to get the job done well, sucking up even larger objects (I generally use it to clean up messes on the kitchen floor, as we rent and have carpet in our kitchen)  I also got it because I thought it would be great for cleaning in the car, which honestly I haven't used it for that yet.

I have also been very pleased with the way in which it holds a charge.  I am very surprised at how little I have to recharge it.  It seems that it is almost always ready and waiting for the job and it really does get the job done.

This is a very versatile product!

from Glasgow, KY

Comments about Black & Decker Platinum Series 18V handheld Vacuum:

The Black & Decker Platinum Series 18v Handheld Vacuum is extremely versatile.  It comes with an 18 volt battery and a charger dock.  The Black & Decker 18 Volt battery is interchangeable with my Black & Decker battery powered weed trimmer, which comes with two 18 volt batteries.  I now have 3 batteries to run the two devices.

The handheld vacuum is handy for cleaning small areas around the house.  I have a long haired cat that sheds a lot.  The Black & Decker Platinum Series 18V handheld vacuum is more than adequate for cleaning a cloth chair that my cat likes to sleep on.  It is easy to empty the dirt and pet hair by pressing a release button to remove the housing.

The charge on the batteries lasts longer than I expected, so the vacuum will maintain good suction for over a minute of operation.  This product is excellent for small clean ups but just doesn't maintain suction long enough to clean the floors and seats in a car, unless you use multiple batteries.