Other Food Processors:

Black & Decker One Touch Electric Chopper

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Assembly:

Great for pureeing baby food

I received this as a gift a few years ago and it just sat in my kitchen in the box this whole time until I recently started pureeing organic baby food.  I was all ready to go out and buy an expensive baby food pureeing set and I thought I'd give this a shot first, because you really only puree a baby's food for a few months until they move onto table food.  Well it took me a few times getting used to learning the machine's capacity, but I really love it now.  It is perfect for my purposes.  I puree everything in it - sweet potatoes, apples, pears, green beans, squash, spinach, peas, beans, etc.  I also like the fact that it is so compact and doesn't take up much space in my small kitchen.  It's also easy to clean and operate - as there is only one button.  I can't wait until this summer to try making fresh pesto in it.  This probably isn't the right machine for a master chef due to the capacity restraints, but it's perfect for someone who just needs to puree small amounts of things every once in a while.

Not the typical B&D quality I'm used to.

My mother in law bought this for me to help me in the kitchen with all my onion and garlic chopping needs and, at first, this was one appliance I felt I couldn't live without until I needed it for a bigger job of chopping carrots and/or celery. It was at that moment that I realized it was easier and faster for me to do that job with the gold standard knife and chopping board. What I find is that it is great for less dense/hard veggies or those without thick veins within such as tomatoes and onions but when I tried carrots and celery, I spent the majority of the time removing unchopped portions off the blades and then returning them only to do that again! I grew tired of that game quickly and decided that the best use of this product is for onions and garlic with added tomatoes for salsa. Beyond that, it isn't very useful in my kitchen.

Bottom line...consider a different maker with a more powerful motor for better chopping results.

Sandy

Easy and fast, makes my baking a breeze

Comments about Black & Decker One Touch Electric Chopper:

I really love this chopper. I like it for a number of reasons mainly nuts and onions. Baking has become so much easier to add flavor to my banana nut bread and walnut cookies since it allows me to chop the nuts into tiny pieces. I also like how easy it is to dice onions and peppers for all of the authentic dishes my wife is making me cook lately.

Power
Absolutely no complaint from me here. This is a great machine with plenty of power to quickly chop through nuts and vegetables for everything that I need.

Safety
I really like the locking feature on this. I like knowing that if I let go of the lid my toddler won't be able to shove his hand in there and hurt himself.

Ease of Assembly
Just a couple of pieces snapping together. I wish bookshelves were this easy.

I like how everything comes apart and goes back together. It is quick and painless and I am sure that everything is clean.

I have not had this machine very long so it is hard to really judge the durability but I can say that I have chopped a lot of nuts and the blades are still sharp enough to dice an onion.

• Ease of Assembly:

Decent chopper, but not for all recipes

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Black & Decker One Touch Electric Chopper:

The black and decker one touch electric chopper quickly chops up a vegetable or fruit with the touch of a single button. However, there are specific instances when it would be good or not good to use the chopper. In my opinion, the chopper often chops things too finely for my liking. When using it to coarsely chop nuts, I usually end up with my nuts too finely chopped, or not a good even mix of chopped nuts. However, if I wanted to very finely chop peanuts for example, it does a very good job. This is the same for when chopping vegetables. It is good for mincing things very finely, but not if you want them coarsely chopped. Therefore, it is very dependent on your recipe and may not be suitable for everyday use. In my opinion, it is a little too powerful. Perhaps if there were varying speeds or power, it would be a more versatile appliance, but it would no longer be a one touch chopper. It is very safe to use and is easy to assemble. I've never had a problem with setting up the chopper. It is somewhat easy to clean, but not as easy as just cleaning a single knife.

• Ease of Assembly:

nice food processor, but a bit flimsy

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Black & Decker One Touch Electric Chopper:

After my old food processor broke down I purchased the Black & Decker One Touch Electric Chopper. I was impressed by the simple design of this chopper and most importantly it lived up to its name. This device does an excellent job of cutting up everything I throw at it. What I really love about this food processor is that it dices up food in to tiny pieces without turning it into a smoothie. The only downside to this is that some pieces will come out shredded instead of chopped nice and tight. My only concern for this device is that the canister doesn't feel too sturdy. When I'm putting the canister back on after cleaning I have to be very careful because it has a tendency to easily bend beyond it normal range of motion. It's extremely flimsy and I worry about its durability in the near future. I would definitely recommend the Black & Decker One Touch Electric Chopper because it does exactly what it's supposed to do every single time without fail and it's easily replaceable if it breaks.

Chop Chop!

Comments about Black & Decker One Touch Electric Chopper:

This chopper is quite powerful for something so small. Its an easy way to chop most anything, while also being small enough to fit anywhere. It takes away the hassle, and is also very easy to clean up, which can be a worry with some since you don't want to make extra work cleaning. Great for needing a bunch of items chopped quickly. Can also put in different foods at once.

Power
Have to give it a 10 here, as it really packs a punch for something so small. You can puree something into mush if you want, but obviously can also do it just enough to chop different foods up.

Safety
Pretty safe to use, obviously safer than using a knife on a cutting board.

Ease of Assembly
Not much to it really, and its already together.

Easy to just undo and pop the tub into the sink for a rinse.

I'm sure it isn't perfect, but it works very well so far! Never had a problem and haven't seen of many other having any major issues with it either.

Compact and works great!

from Greer, SC

Comments about Black & Decker One Touch Electric Chopper:

I love our little food processor! One thing we looked for when buying a food processor is size. We wanted a compact one, and this fit what we were looking for. It's super easy to assemble and reassemble, use, and clean. All the parts of dishwasher safe which makes cleaning it even easier. It does a fantastic job of making salsas, nut butter, hummus, and baby food puree. With the touch of a button you can make a ton of different foods for your family. We have really loved having this in our kitchen and would highly recommend it. It's so much nicer to have something small that can be stuck away in a cabinet and doesn't take up so much room. A lot of the other food processors we saw were huge and not attractive looking. They looked bulky and like a space waster. We have been really pleased with this little guy, durable, easy to use and clean, cuts through food easily -- just a great product!

• Ease of Assembly:

Saves Lots of Time Chopping!

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Black & Decker One Touch Electric Chopper:

I love my Black and Decker One Touch Electric Chopper. I bought this about two years ago as I was tierd of lugging out my regular size food processor for small jobs. I hate to cut onions as well and my regular food processor would make them to liquidy so I decided to buy this one. This is a life saver! It chops onions, peppers and all sorts of vegetables perfectly and does not make them come out liquidy or pureed. I don't have to wipe the tears off my face from the onion aroma either. I make a lot of salsa and this chops all the ingredients for the salsa perfectly. It is super easy to use and has just three parts. It has to be put together correctly in order to run. Since there are only three pieces , it is really easy to clean and store. It does not take up much room which is nice and can be stored easily. It has a good amount of power as well. So far it has been very durable and has lasted a couple of years so far without any problems. The price is very reasonable and I have seen it on sale for great prices. It is great for beginner cooks as well as advanced cooks. I recommend this chopper.

AaMAZING!

Comments about Black & Decker One Touch Electric Chopper:

I was given this food processor as a housewarming gift. I couldn't imagine my life without it. I cook for my family every night and I think I would be lost without it. I wish it crushed ice better and could hold a little more, but I wouldn't be able to make my famous salsa without it!

Black and Decker One touch electric chopper

Comments about Black & Decker One Touch Electric Chopper:

For being such a small electric chopper this thing has some power! We use this all the time and for a lot of different food items and it is the best little chopper ever. You can mince up onion and peppers in mere seconds. I also use it to make mayonnaise dips to make sure everything is mixed up properly. It is very easy to clean and it is so small that storing is no problem at all. This is also great to use if you like to grind your own coffee beans.

Power
Has a lot of power, I minced an onion in roughly 30 seconds. Dips are mixed up and chunks smoothed out in under 20 seconds.

Safety
The lid locks into place and it will not start up if the lid is not properly on so it is very safe.

Ease of Assembly
You just have to put the container on the base, pop the blade in, and put on the lid. Easy as that.

It is only three parts so cleaning is very easy. Just be careful, the blade is very sharp!

We use this a few times a month and have been for a while now. It has held up very well, blade is still as sharp as the day we bought it.

This Chopper is Awesome!

Comments about Black & Decker One Touch Electric Chopper:

This is one of the best little food choppers ever. I got mine as a gift a couple of years ago, and I absolutely love it. I use it to quickly chop up onions, green peppers, carrots, nuts and much more. I have even used it to make bread crumbs. It makes cooking and baking so much easier, and quicker. It is very easy to use, whether you are a beginner or expert cook, and it is also easy to disassemble clean when finished. One thing with this product is that you have to make sure the lid is properly on, or it will not turn on if the lid is not in the correct lock position. I am very happy with this product and would highly recommend it to anyone, especially if you hate chopping up foods.

Power
It is pretty powerful for as small as it is.

Safety
The lid has to be on properly and securely in the lock position for it to even turn on.

Ease of Assembly
It is very easy to assemble.

It is very easy to disassemble and clean when you are finished using it.

Black and Decker One Touch Mini Food Chopper

Comments about Black & Decker One Touch Electric Chopper:

I received this mini chopper as a Christmas gift a few years ago and I use it often to chop carrots, onions, celery for soups, chicken salad and tuna salad. It is great for little jobs, and is much quicker than trying to chop all the veggies by hand.

Power
This mini chopper is very powerful and does a great job chopping veggies for little jobs. It would not work great for bigger jobs, but is perfect for small chopping jobs.

Safety
This mini chopper seems to be very safe. It won't work unless everything is lined up properly.

Ease of Assembly
This mini chopper is very easy to put together and take apart. It goes together quickly and makes chopping veggies very easy and much quicker than chopping by hand.

This mini chopper is very easy to clean. The blades come right out and everything is very easy to rinse out.

I have had this mini chopper for many years and have had not trouble with it. It works great every time I use it.