Other Irons:

Black & Decker Iron with Auto Shut-off

Pros

Cons

Amazing Iron

I never even thought about owning an iron.  I always thought, "who needs an iron? What do I have to iron?"  But when me and my boyfriend started entering my Calico baby girl into Kitty Fashion shows and her dresses would wrinkle, I knew I had to buy an iron.  So I went blindly into the department store and bought the first iron I picked up.  Which thank our lord and savior, Jesus Christ, was the Black and Decker F67E iron WITH auto shut-off( just in case you forget.)  Now my baby girl looks amazing in her ballerina, and prom queen costumes.  I would never use another iron, and have no intentions to.  This iron has put my cat in first place in 6 fashion shows.  I even started ironing my clothes.  I iron my boyfriends clothes too, even t-shirts!! I'm so silly. But I just love using it, it's so easy and makes clothing look so wonderful.  Believe me, I had never even picked up an iron before this one, and I make everything look amazing.

Black and Decker F67E Iron is lightweight

Suffering from arthritis, I needed a light weight iron that was simple to use. While I was on the prowl for a new iron this one from Black and Decker caught me eye. Very small and ergonomically designed? Plus it was from a brand I trusted?! I was sold! Sure it was everything I was looking for.. but does it work? Like a charm! It did an exceptional job at ironing out the toughest wrinkles from all fabrics. It was so simple, without 40 different complex buttons- my husband could even use it. You would think with all the great features, it would cost you a pretty penny. Not at all! This was very affordable. I am very satisfied.

I would buy this product again and again

from owensboro ky

About Me Professional Cleaner

Pros

• Effective

Cons

• Heavy

• At Home

Comments about Black & Decker Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I use the product at home on special occasions... This product is very effective and i use it all the time!! This product is great for cooking for a big family meal!! I would recommend this product for all of my friends and family! The con of this product is heavy that's it..

Excellent Iron Delivered by a Trusted Manufacturer.

Comments about Black & Decker Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I own a couple of irons, and use them for different articles of clothing. However, this one is capable of ironing out the wrinkles of even the toughest pair of jeans. I love the different features and modes you can set the iron at. I also like the easy mist of water or quick jet, so you can easily control how much water is delivered. It is a steam iron, so you do have steam control jets, based on the temperature you set the iron at. It also has easy adjustment dial knobs, so you can increase or decrease the temperature with the slightest of ease, and do not have to stop in the middle of a job to do so. It also heats up in less than 20 seconds, so you can get started right away, as opposed to having to wait several minutes prior to ironing out wrinkles in clothing; the higher temperatures also means less time for tough wrinkles to be removed. Lastly, I love the auto shut off feature. If the iron is left on the board unattended (face down) for a few seconds it turns off; further, if it is left for a period of 45 seconds or more without use, it will shut off as well. This means no injuries, or possibility of fire when you turn your back.

This Iron Doesn't Work!

Comments about Black & Decker Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I was very disappointed after buying the Black and Decker Iron. I had gone through several different types of irons and was tired of always needing to buy new ones. I bought this one thinking that it looked heavy-duty and would last a long time since the entire bottom was metal and not cheap plastic. It is very heavy duty, but it would work better as a paper weight than it did as an iron! Even on the highest heat and steam setting it would hardly get the slightest wrinkles out of a dress-shirt, I had to literally, "press" the wrinkles out by pushing as hard as I could with the iron against the ironing board; it was exhausting trying to iron shirts for my whole family, especially if I needed to hurry. The highest steam setting was also a joke, I could hardly get a cloud of steam to come out at all. This iron was also very small, which also added to the time it took to iron a piece of clothing. So much for an iron that will last forever! It will only last forever because it doesn't work!

• Safety:

Old styling that still holds us

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Black & Decker Iron with Auto Shut-off:

We're very pleased with this iron. I like the retro look of metal and black. It has a nice weight to it unlike some of the other newer models we've tried that are too light weight. This one feels like it's doing half the work for you in that you don't have to press down so much to get the desired results.

It heats up quickly and is ready to use, with steam, in just a few short minutes. It will automatically shut off on it after non-use for a predetermined amount of time. We found that a little annoying, but we understood how it's a safety feature in case you forget to turn it off when you're done. But even off, it does take at least 30-45 minutes to cool down enough to put it away and not have to worry about it being still hot.

Safety
The automatic turn off is a good safety feature if you're the type to forget about turning it off when you're done.

If you tend to use anything more than water on your clothes (for steam), like starch or something, you will need to clean the bottom of the iron quite frequently. We also have have hard water, so I frequently rinse the interior with vinegar and wipe the bottom with vinegar to avoid build up. But it's easy to do!

Simple instructions and easy to understand controls.

Good so far. I expect it to last a long time.

Sleek and shaped well. Easy to get into tight corners on your clothes.

Buyer Beware Injury Can Occur

Comments about Black & Decker Iron with Auto Shut-off:

Not only do I iron our clothing but am a seamstress, quilter and crafter and have been for over 50 years. I need an iron I can trust that works. When my 20 year old iron died I purchased this iron. When we first bought it seemed like a nice, dependable and heavy duty iron. Until I ended up with Second degree burns from it! Please be very careful when you use this product. I see at least one other reviewer on here that talks about their iron spitting steam and hot water so obviously there is some sort of an issue with this product.

Constant malfunctions. The auto shutoff worked when it wanted to. The steam feature worked sporadically. Got too hot when I needed a cool iron and too cool when I needed a hot iron. Was terrible about sticking to fabric regardless of the settings.

Safety
This thing was terrible about spitting steam and hot water. Eventually it spewed steaming hot water down my arm resulting in bad burns. My husband threw it in the trash as soon as I got home from the hospital and bought and new one the next day.

Cleaned relatively easy.

A very heavy iron that for people with arthritis or wrist problems can cause fatigue.

Mine never worked right.

I simply cannot say enough about the bad design of this product. When a product injures you it obviously has some sort of design issue.

• Safety:

Amazing and innovative. Great for even the most fragile clothes

Comments about Black & Decker Iron with Auto Shut-off:

My family and I are very big on keeping what we wear looking good. Since I was young, my parents taught me how to use a clothes iron because they knew I would eventually have to at some point. I caught it really quickly and since then have pretty much ironed my own clothes, and I still do it more than my girlfriend. I had a pretty old one, from about 6 years ago, that had been great but got a bit faulty about 5 months ago and then broke last week. I decided to get a new one and, being a technology lover, found this mini-robot and loved it. Since I have had it I have been very impressed as it is surprisingly easy to use and it functions very easily. It is great that it has so many different settings and it auto shut-off, since my girlfriend almost burned her clothes more than once. I know that it is great with very delicate clothes because it is great on my silk shirts that I use for work and is good with heavy loads because I once used it for about an hour and a half ironing clothes. This is a great choice for just about anyone, except for people that like it to have really simple controls.

Old School Ironing

Comments about Black & Decker Iron with Auto Shut-off:

Let me just start out by saying - I hate wrinkles. On my clothes and on my face. Since I'm not getting plastic surgery anytime soon, I'll have to stick with battling wrinkled clothes. The Black & Decker F67E Iron with Auto Shut-off is a throwback to when irons actually did what they are designed for - removing wrinkles on clothes.

The Black & Decker iron works wonderful. What I like best is it is so simple in design. Simply fill it with water, press the button for steam and start ironing. While not heavy, this iron does have enough weight to it so that it actually feels like ironing. None of that lightweight plastic that does not seem to work - no matter how hard you press down.

Safety
The automatic shut-off on my iron has only been needed once - but that is enough! It worked fine once I discovered it about an hour later.

It has a self clean function that helps, but you will still need to occasionally hand clean it if you ever use starch.

Simplest iron out there in my opinion.

I've dropped it a couple of times, has always worked afterward.

Heavy Duty Iron

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Black & Decker Iron with Auto Shut-off:

This is one of the best irons that I have own in a long time. I have owned and tried many irons and have liked some and disliked many. The black and decker iron with auto shut-off is perfect. The iron is made from iron and aluminum soleplate, not plastic like a lot of irons made today. It has a fabric select dial, fabric guide and a thumb activated steam surge button.

This iron works great with pressing out my clothes, it heats up quickly and the iron doesn't leak any water onto my clothes. If I happen to leave the iron on for a while, the iron will automatically shut off on its own. I think this is a very nice feature to have for safety reason.

The black and decker iron is a great value and works very well. The iron isn't big in size, yet it's the perfect size iron for getting all of your basic ironing needs done. I highly recommend this iron. You won't be disappointed with the quality or functions of the black and decker iron.

• Safety:

A classic that still delivers.

Comments about Black & Decker Iron with Auto Shut-off:

After many other more modern irons that delivered less than satisfactory results I decided to buy the one my mother always relied on and I'm glad I did. It's well built and does what it is supposed to do with no hassle.

I find that it is a unit built with both quality and durability in mind. I can press the most difficult to the most delicate fabrics with ease and I a short amount of time. It sure beats the dryer.

Safety
Overheat and tip over controls are an improvement over the older model that it was based on.

Very easy. May get clogged from time to time but it's nothing a little hot water and detergent will not fix.

It is a little heavy which I could see would make it cumbersome for some users but I find it less of a problem than having to pass an iron over the same spot repeatedly due to poor performance.

Very well built with good quality materials.

The cord could be longer so that it would not get in the way as often.

Great iron!

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Black & Decker Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I don't normally iron clothes because I use a steamer, but sometimes I need one for special occasions when I wear formal attire so I decided to pick up the Black & Decker F67E Iron. This iron combines the simplicity of yesteryear with the technology of today. The temperature control slider is a blast from the past and the red-green auto shutoff LED is a touch of modern day machinery. The iron is very simple and doesn't require any previous knowledge to operate. It heats up very quickly, which is a major plus when you're in a rush. The sprout for water is very big which makes it easy to pour water into it
without spilling and also it doesn't leak. This iron is very heavy with and without water. This is excellent for pressing shirts and especially pleated dress pants. The only negatives I have for this iron is that I can't determine how much water is in it at a given time and there isn't a button to manually to release steam, but luckily this hasn't been a problem. I would definitely recommend the Black & Decker F67E to anyone looking for a standard iron at a low price.