Other Juicers:
Black & Decker

Pros

Cons

• Versatility/Number of Features:

Easy to use citrus juicer.

The Black & Decker HJ30 Juicer is very simplistic. It's very quick and easy to use. All you have to do is press the fruit into the cone, and it juices it until you completely remove the fruit off of it. It also has a filter which separates the juice from the seeds and the pulp.

I wouldn't recommend this for people who like to make complex juices with different kind of fruits and vegetables all into one. But this simple juicer is great for making lemonade, limeade, and even orange juice. If you want a nice fresh squeeze glass of orange juice for breakfast everyday this is great for that because it easy to use, and it's not a hassle to clean either, like other juicers are.

If you aren't looking for a complicated or fancy juicer and just want a plain citrus juice, then I would definitely recommend this.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
It does it's job and separates the juice from the pulp and the seeds. I never find any extra seeds or pulp in my juice, which makes me happy. You can't really control how much pulp you do or don't want. If you want pulp then I guess you could put it in the juice. If you want it without any and some accidentally gets in it you can strain it.

Stability While in Use
It's inexpensive but it's very stable and good quality. This juicer doesn't shake around when you use it either.

The juicer comes apart easy and is very simple/easy to clean. It's no hassle at all. I just dump out the pulp and seeds into the garbage can, and wash it with dish soap and water so it doesn't get sticky.

It's very durable and stable. It's well made and doesn't shake around when I use it.

Versatility/Number of Features
It has no versatility because you really can't make any other juice besides citrus with this. There are no features either. You just press down to use it, and release to stop it from moving.

I like the design because it's nice and easy to use. It's easy to put together, and you just have to press down to use it. The design also makes it easy to clean as well.

Messy and exhausting

I bought this juicer a few months ago because of it takes up so little space in the kitchen and there are smaller, fewer parts to clean. However, over time, it is exhausting cleaning up the mess left behind by this juicer on our kitchen counters and we used this juicer less and less till it was packed away for good and put out in the garage! Significant amount of force needs to be applied to the citrus halves to get reasonable amount of juice, using this juicer. Depending on how many citruses you are trying to juice at a time, pulp needs to be cleaned out repetitively and constantly so the juice can flow into the reservoir. Also, if the pulp dries up around the juicing contraption, it is a pain to clean it our completely. This means that you will always have to have about 10 minutes on your had to clean up immediately after you use this juicer! Another thing about this juicer that bothered me is that some of the smaller seeds landed directly into the reservoir with the juice. I had to use a strainer afterwards so my toddler would not choke on seeds. Overall, a disappointment.

Love It! Fast and Easy Cleanup!

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Black & Decker HJ30 Juicer:

I have a juicer, a larger one, but I wanted one a little smaller and found this one for the right price at Walmart. It has enough space to do a single glass of juice, which is just what is needed sometimes. It's much more convenient using this than my larger one, and is especially easier on cleanup. I would much rather make several glasses of juice with this little machine than using my much larger juicer.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
I love pulp so really this isn't a problem for me. I know this little machine leaves a lot of pulp in the juice so it's not a suitable juicer for those that hate pulp. However, the pulp is where a lot of the nutrients. It would be a waste of money and nutrients in my opinion to not drink the pulp. However, since this machine does leave so much pulp than I ranked it lower.

Stability While in Use
This is not that stable. I don't like that fact, but it isn't that bad and it sure beats the cleanup of using a much larger machine!

This is what I love about this little machine, it is so easy to clean up! Just add soap to the container, spray it out, making sure to rinse it well. Wipe off the other parts if anything got on the machine itself and it's done. As easy as one, two, three!

I've had this machine for almost three months and it has been a great machine. I use it almost three to four times a week so it really is a durable little machine. I could really see it lasting me for years. If it doesn't, I will definitely rewrite this review.

Versatility/Number of Features
It doesn't have any features or versatility. It's just a simple little juicer. If you want versatility than I'd suggest buying a large machine. However, I don't like the cleanup of a large machine.

It has a simple, clean design.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Black & Decker HJ30 Juicer:

When I went in search of purchasing a juicer, I was looking for something that was kid friendly and easy for children to use. I was very happy when I found this Black & Decker HJ30 Juicer. I found the price to be reasonable. I also loved the idea that there was no metal parts exposed which would have made it difficult for young children to use and not be safe. This juicer has a clear jar which kids love because they can watch the results of their efforts grow. The handle is sturdy and not too big for children's hands to hold onto while they are twisting fruit down over the cone shaped center. The cone is not sharp but is very good at removing the juice from the fruit. All the components of this device can be easily separated for cleaning. I found this device to be easy to clean also. Even children love to clean this item so it will be ready to use the next time they want to help in the kitchen.

Great for simple juicer

from Utah

Comments about Black & Decker HJ30 Juicer:

We like to juice our own oranges, and we occasionally juice other fruits as well, usually for recipes. I was a bit hesitant to get a Black and Decker juicer, because I wanted a quality one that would last a long time. But the price was low enough for me to give it a try, and I have not been disappointed.

Stability While in Use
The lid does not wobble in the bottom bowl even if using quite a bit of force to get the juice out.

Strands of orange can get stuck in the top part, and they are especially difficult to remove if they are left on too long and dry onto it. But I usually wipe it down with water when I am done, and they come off easily. It is then very easy to wash later with soap and water.

So far, it has held up great without showing any signs of wear or cracking.

Versatility/Number of Features
This juicer is manual and simple. It can't do as much as a fancier electronic one, but it also costs less. So if you just want something simple for getting the juice out of the fruit and you don't mind putting a little work into it, then is is still a great product.

Your Simple Juicing Machine

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Black & Decker HJ30 Juicer:

This is a simple, no frills kind of juicer. With this juicer you can juice grapefruits and oranges and other types of citrus fruits with ease. If you want to do other types of fruits, this might not be the juicer that you want to use. Also, your juices will have tiny amounts of pulp in them, so again, if you don't like that, you might want to choose something else.
This juicer doesn't have all of the fancy buttons and functions on it, either. Personally, I like an easy-to-use machine, so this one is pretty cool in my eyes. The affordable price is also something that I like. Juicers can be very expensive, but not this one. It is affordable to ANY budget.
There's not a lot of parts on this juicer, so cleaning is also a snap.
This is a simple juicer that makes simple juices.

Versatility/Number of Features
There aren't a lot of features on this machine... just your basic juicing functions.

Nothing fancy here, so if you're looking for a big, fancy contraption, look elsewhere.

More of a hassle

Comments about Black & Decker HJ30 Juicer:

This is the most basic of any power juicer that I have ever used. I thought it would be great for just a small glass of juice in the mornings when I wanted orange juice, but I was wrong because it ended up being more of a hassle. The strainer that catches the seeds and pulp is such poor quality that you end up having to restrain the juice. On top of this, you have now made extra dishes to wash in addition to the juicer. It is very simple to use because you just push down the piece of fruit on the top of the machine, it turns on and spins which extracts the juice, and when you release pressure it stops spinning. This might be perfect for kids who want to open a real lemonade stand. For people who juice every day, this is not the model for you.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
Simply does not work at all.

Stability While in Use
You have to hold it while you push the fruit down.

Makes you waste extra dishes that will you have to wash.

Versatility/Number of Features
The most basic juicer out there.

Basic Easy to Use Juicer that is Smple to Use

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Black & Decker HJ30 Juicer:

This is a no frills, basic juicer by Black and Decker. Black and Decker always puts out a quality product for an inexpensive price and this is another one of them. This basic juicer is great for orange juice and lemonade and other citrus drinks such as grapefruit juice. It is simple and easy to use. There is pulp in the orange juice when you make it so if you don't like pulp , you may have to strain it. It does not take up much room on your counter or in your cabinet. it is very stable and does not move around when you use it. The design is simple and so are the features. It is just a basic juicer. Clean up is a breeze and you can either hand wash or put it in your dishwasher. It does not have a lot of fancy features and is manual. I really like the way the juice comes out and I would recommend this juicer to anyone who wants a simple, basic, no frills juicer that works hard and does the job it is supposed to do.

Perfect For Small Juicing Jobs

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Black & Decker HJ30 Juicer:

I make use of a lot of different cookbooks while preparing meals at least 4 times a week. A lot of recipes will call for fleshly squeezed lemon, lime, orange or even grapefruit juice. This handy juicer is perfect for using while taking on small juicing jobs. There is nothing need to use big bulky high powered blenders if one only needs to juice citrus fruits.

This particular juicer is very simple to use and the parts are dishwasher safe. The juicer and very sturdy and we'll made and has last me over 2 years and it's working just fine. I have made lemon cupcakes, orange and cranberry bread loaf, stir fries and so much more with the help of this mini juicer. One of my favorite things to make with this juicer is homemade fresh lemonade. There is nothing better than making your own tasty lemonade during the summer months.

If you are a avid cook like myself and a lot of recipes that you use call for freshly squeezed citrus fruits, this is the kitchen gadget for you. It's cheap in price, effective and not need to worry about having to use bigger commercial blenders for small cooking jobs.

• Versatility/Number of Features:

Easy to use citrus juicer.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Sounds like road work

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Black & Decker HJ30 Juicer:

After a back and forth bargaining event with my family, we decided to purchase a very inexpensive juicer. We settled on this model - initially the main determining factor was the price. We already have too many appliances and I wasn't very sympathetic towards my children's need to participate in the latest trend. For the most part, this juicer is pretty standard. It is supposed to control and contain the pulp but I don't think it is as effective as it should be. Once the juicer is finished doing it's job, I tend to pour the mixture into a strainer that has a coffee filter in the bottom of it, that seems to do the trick. I should note though, this model has an adjustable pulp capability. It also has a base top on it that holds the fruit down and shields from spills and splats as well. The juicer cone in the middle reverses by itself to get as much juice out as possible. In my opinion it really does a good job. The only issue I really have is that it is incredibly loud! Seriously, it can be quite an annoyance so make sure everyone's awake before you decide you want to make fresh juice. Although it's loundness is an inconvenience, it's ease of cleaning and extremely inexpensive price is more than enough of a trade off. I believe it's an awesome small and inexpensive appliance packed with a good amount of power.

Pulp Setting Effectiveness
Has an adjustable pulp setting.

Versatility/Number of Features
It has a simple design and detachable easy to clean parts.

• Versatility/Number of Features:

An inexpensive, basic juicer.

Comments about Black & Decker HJ30 Juicer:

The Black and Decker HJ30 juicer is an inexpensive and very basic juicer. It has the spear for you to manually juice fruits such as oranges and lemons. Do not be fooled just because I called this a "basic" juicer - it is fully capable of producing very fresh and high quality delicious beverages, such as fresh squeezed orange juice and lemonade. Because it is a manual juicer, you should expect some pulp and it will take more time than automatic juicer.

Just scrub with detergent and rinse with water.

This Black and Decker juicer is very durable. I have not experienced anything breaking or cracking with it. As long as you take care of it and do not drop it onto the ground or anything, this juicer should remain intact.

Versatility/Number of Features
It's a juicer, and nothing more. Still, this Black and decker juicer can concoct a myriad of delicious beverages, including cool orange juice, citrus juice blends, and more.

The design is very simple but easy for anybody to figure out how to operate. The design is conventional and familiar, and looks great in a kitchen.