Other Waffle Makers:
Black & Decker Grill and Waffle Baker
Rca_2013_normal

Black & Decker Grill and Waffle Baker

Pros

Cons

• Uneven cooking (3)

• Settings/Features:

Waffles or pancakes -- your choice in one

I've trusted the Black & Decker brand name for many years.  And this waffle maker is proving no exception to that rule.  I've used this small kitchen appliance for years (I can't even remember how long ago I bought it) and received reliable service from it.  Years of reliable use makes this a good value in my eyes.  The heating is still uniform, without any overly-hot or cold spots.  Waffles come out evenly done.  But like most waffle cookers, you have to keep a close eye to catch them when they're perfectly done.

It's not the prettiest waffle maker on the market; just a plain chrome finish.  But I buy things for their function and value more than their looks.  The size is generous enough that you can make a family-sized batch of waffles in a short time.  The cooking plates will reverse (not too difficult to snap out and reinsert) to become flat griddles, so you can cook pancakes or make grilled cheese sandwiches just as easily.  The removable plates also allow for easier clean-up, though it is not recommended to put them in a dishwasher.

As other reviewers noted, the plates are not non-stick.  You must remember to either brush them lightly with oil or use a non-stick spray.  If you remember to do that, there should be no problem with your waffles sticking.  One treatment at the start of each use is all that is required; you don't have to re-spray between each single use.

Totally Unimpressed With Black & Decker's 3-In-1 Grill Waffl

I should have known that this wasn't going to be a great pick when I saw the orange clearance sticker on about ten of the boxes. None of them looked like they had been returned to the store or used so I took a chance and grabbed one. Given that Black & Decker is one of the biggest and most widely recognized names in tools, home improvement items and kitchen gadgets I was sort of expecting this to give me better results. While it is true that you can use this for multiple things, it doesn't do any of them with complete accuracy. I tried three different waffle recipes with this and it either overcooked them leaving you with dry, burnt edges or it failed to cook the entire waffle so you were left with a raw, mushy center. The temperature adjustment dial also leaves a lot to be desired because you never really know what temperature you are working with. The waffle plates can be removed so you can use this as a press for sandwiches but the lid doesn't have the weight it needs to function as a true sandwich press. You have to apply some pressure to the lid when you first put the sandwich or hoagie on / in it to get it to heat up. For simple things like grilled cheese this delivers decent results but if that is all that you are cooking, it is easier to get a frying pan out rather than finding a plus for this, heating it up then cleaning off the inside top and bottom of it. I have had other Black & Decker products in the past and never had issues with them but this one is poorly designed. If it worked as advertise chances are I would have it out on the counter all the time and use it multiple times through the week and on weekends for family breakfasts.

It's Waffles

from Little Rock, AR

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Consistent Results
  • Fast

Cons

• Uneven Cooking

• Brunch
  • Continental Breakfasts

Comments about Black & Decker Grill and Waffle Baker:

I think this product is okay. You'll have to make sure you don't burn yourself because it does get hot and will stick.

This product is reaareaallreareaarereaareaally good

from Ex, san diego. Ca

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Adjustable
  • Consistent Results
  • Fast

Cons

• Difficult to Clean
  • Difficult to Store
  • Heavy
  • Uneven Cooking

• Continental Breakfasts
  • Restaurant

Comments about Black & Decker Grill and Waffle Baker:

This is The best idea To show un my head i can use this for all things thanks for create this.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Totally Unimpressed With Black & Decker's 3-In-1 Grill Waffl

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Removable Plates

Cons

• Poor Temperature Control
  • Uneven Cooking

Amazing all in one!

Comments about Black & Decker Grill and Waffle Baker:

This waffle maker is convenient, fast and easy to operate, switchable ceramic plates for multi uses, easily cleanable, dishwasher safe, and affordable. What more could you possibly want. If I am being totally honest, I do not really use this as a waffle maker seeing as how I have so many different kinds of waffle makers already in my home that it is unnecessary to have an additional unneeded one also. I use this mostly for grilled sandwiches. My daughter is still very young, and cold cut meats and deli meats and sandwich meat all have a bacteria in them that preserves them which does not hurt adults at all, but for a little child it can cause them a lot of discomfort and health problems unless it is heated to the point that it steams. So I heat up her sandwich meat with this and also her sandwiches sometimes. It works very well for grilled cheese, tuna melts, breakfast sandwiches, and so many other kinds. Also it can heat up tortillas, and can even cook raw eggs like a skillet except they are not really fried, they are softer like you would get at McDonald's. Additionally, when I make grilled cheese sandwiches with this I can make one or two at a time depending on the breads size, but the cheese always seems to spill out the sides. With this though, the cheese does not burn or stick onto there! It is amazing for cleanups, a lot of the times I just wipe it down with a antibacterial wipe and put it away for next time.

A wonderful waffle iron.

Comments about Black & Decker Grill and Waffle Baker:

This waffle iron is really top of the line! It gets my waffles to the perfect crispiness every single time, without me having to constantly lift the lid and check on it. I also love to make Texas Toast in this. Dip thick bread slices in egg and cinnamon batter ( like French toast batter ) and then throw them in this griddle for a few minutes, delicious!!

• Settings/Features:

So no to Belgium Waffless!

Comments about Black & Decker Grill and Waffle Baker:

I bought this classic waffle iron because this is the one my mom used when I was a kid. Belgium waffles are so popular, that it's not easy to find a classic waffle iron. This Black & Decker model is quality built and I plan on it lasting a very long time. I wouldn't buy any other waffle maker. Only downside is that the irons are not dishwasher safe.

multi use and easy

from Baltimore Md.

Comments about Black & Decker Grill and Waffle Baker:

says non stick but batter will stick unless you time it absolutely right. There is a red light that goes out when the plates reach the correct temp but I still give it another minute or so otherwise you are scraping batter off of the grid. The plates are really easy to remove and wash or flip. and the griddle side is a dream for quick lunches. Make sure if you are cooking bacon or burgers that you put something down to catch the grease it runs off of the griddle in one corner but the book doesn't mention it and I didn't even notice the first time I made bacon and had a mess. can be used open or closed and makes about the best grilled cheese in the world and for a hot sandwich you can cook ingredients on one plate and heat bread on the other. finally add meat to bread, top with cheese put the other slice on top and close the open faced griddle for a pocket type sandwich. It's not something every kitchen needs especially since frozen waffles are so easy. But its a neat little gadget that does so much more and if you like your waffles a little special such as additions to the batter this make a better choice than frozen.

I have had it for 3 yrs and no problems

So fun!

from Carol Stream, IL

Comments about Black & Decker Grill and Waffle Baker:

This waffle maker is pretty good. I've heard a lot good reviews about it which is what made me buy it. However, I guess I was just used to my Mom's waffle maker that she has which is from William Sanoma. I feel like her waffles turn out better than my waring makes waffles. And in case you do buy this waffle maker...the trick to making then crispy is using less cooking spray.

Black & Decker Grill and Waffle Maker

from Grand Bay, AL

Comments about Black & Decker Grill and Waffle Baker:

I received this waffle maker from family, after my last one died, and it is a better quality than my last one. This waffle iron has the non-stick coating on the plates so you won't have to worry about it to begin with, my last one didn't.(boy was it a mess!)

You need to oil the non-stick waffle plates the first time you go to use them so be prepared, for this you need a small bottle of "corn oil" (Wesson-type).

Once treated with the corn-oil so as not to stick it cleans up wonderfully! No problems what so ever!

Just follow the directions as to the times on your package, and the times they recommend, and you should have no problems.

Awesome Waffle Iron and Griddle ALL- IN- ONE

from Saint Peters, MO

Comments about Black & Decker Grill and Waffle Baker:

Best waffle iron we have ever owned. Very easy to use, and produced wonderful waffles, and grilled cheese sandwiches.

The performance on this particular waffle iron/griddle was as expected. Our waffles turned out golden brown and had just the right amount of crispness to satisfy our particular tastes.

Settings/Features
    The settings and features are extremely easy to use. It has reversible plates, and folds out flat to make a griddle that will hold eight slices of bread at the same time. The versatility of this product is what makes it so amazing.

It is easy to clean, because of the easy removal of the reversible plates. It also has an easy to clean surface free of a lot of nooks and crannys. That make it so much easier to wipe it down.

It is very easy to use because of its simple design.

It is extremely durable. It has non-stick plates, and the outside of it is stainless steel, or it at least appears that way. This is much better design than the one we purchased twenty years ago.