Other Trimmers:

Black & Decker Grass Hog 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger

Pros

Cons

• Handling:

perfect for our small but unruly yard!

This trimmer has been great!  It is light and easy to use, you just pop the battery in the back and you are ready to go.  It easily tackles the tough weeds that constantly sneak through our fence without damaging the fence or side of the house.  I'm only 5'1' and it's easy enough for me to handle without any trouble.  In fact, its so convenient I've actually used it as a replacement for our lawn mower (we have a very small yard), when I don't feel like dragging a bulky mower out.

Our last trimmer was gas powered and was so smelly and disgusting I felt like I needed a hazmat suit to do any yard work, this one is so clean I feel comfortable letting my kids play in the yard while I work.

If there is a downside, the battery doesn't last forever, and you must make sure it is fully charged before using it or it will last mere seconds.  If I need to go all the way around our yard (about 15 by 20 feet), it will be starting to slow down by the end of it.  But we have several black and decker devices that all run off that same battery so there is always one battery in the charger at all times (and it is very convenient to be able to swap out a fresh battery on any tool in the the line).

Overall, If you had a huge yard this might not be the product for you.  But if you need something light, managable, and still powerful to keep your yard looking good without any hassle, it's a godsend.

Don't bother if buying to cut down foot tall grass.

The weight of this product was good considering I have a bad back.  I was trying to cut down grass that has grown to about 1 ft tall.  This trimmer will not cut this.  The grass just went back and forth.  This trimmer might be good if you do your lawn every week but not for those who have a tendency to let it get overgrown.  Took this trimmer back and got a corded trimmer by Black and Decker.  Haven't used yet but will review it when I use it tomorrow.  Going to miss the cordless feature alot.

Gets the job done!

from Edmond, OK

About Me Do-It-Yourself

Pros

• Easy to Handle
  • Ergonomic Grip
  • Lightweight
  • Powerful

Cons

• Hedging
    • Straight Edging
    • Trimming Around Rocks
    • Weeds & Tall Grass

Comments about Black & Decker Grass Hog 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger:

For the price, this has been well worth the money! I can take care of tall weeds, grass, and trees, along the part of my property that backs up onto woods, and still have enough battery power to edge the driveway, side walk and bush line. I love how easy it is to go from trimmer to edger and haven't has an issue with the string yet. It goes a long way in keeping my yard looking nice without breaking the bank.

Great!

Comments about Black & Decker Grass Hog 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger:

I bought this Black & Decker Grass Hog 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger online from Craigslist. It was already a few years old, but it was worked extremely well, to my surprise. I really like how well it cuts and how well it runs. I have not had any problems from it, and I have used it a lot. Not only have I used it to trim the edges of the lawn, but I used it on the entire large backyard before we put grass in - it was overrun with weeds over two feet tall, so I was unable to use the lawn mower. This trimmer/edger worked like a champ. I like that it is electric because I do not have to worry about running out of gas and it is lighter because of not having to have a gas container. I was frustrated to run out of the thread part that spins in the middle of edging one time; I could not finish for a couple of days until I had time to run to the store and purchase more. Other than that, it is a great product!

I bought this used, a few years old, and it works wonderfully!

• Handling:

The Black and Decker 18V Cordless Trimmer - a power (grass) hog!

from Orange Park, FL

Comments about Black & Decker Grass Hog 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger:

The Black and Decker 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger is lightweight and easy to use. It quickly changes from trimmer to edger. The batteries switch out easily, although need to be recharged after each use.

The performance of the Black and Decker 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger is great - nice clean cuts and powerful enough to cur through FL edging!

A quick button start and you are ready to go!

Handling
    Very easy to handle - light, doesn't shake too much

Considering I am a first time homeowner I've been using my The Black and Decker 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger for over 2 years and it's still running great!

• Handling:

Makes the job quick and easy!

Comments about Black & Decker Grass Hog 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger:

I'm not a fan of yard work, so I truly appreciate a tool that makes it go quick and easy. Being able to flip back and forth between weed-eating and edging means less walking back and forth and that means I get done faster. I love that it is electric and cordless because that means less smell (who wants to inhale gas fumes?) and nothing to trip over or cut in half.

I've had mine for a year and haven't managed to damage it; and I'm a bit rough with my tools!

• Handling:

Economical and low maintenance.

from Troy, NY

Comments about Black & Decker Grass Hog 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger:

Light weight, low noise, with enough power to finish edging and trimming a small/medium size yard. It came with 2 batteries which is a must. Easy conversion from edger to trimmer. The variable extension allow people of different height to adjust appropriately.

Good enough for a small/medium size yard.

very intuitive

light weight.

• Handling:

Light, long lasting charge and spool, I love it!

from Sulphur, LA

Comments about Black & Decker Grass Hog 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger:

By far the best cordless trimmer I have used.

Nice, no bumping for line, it has an automatic spooler.

Handling
    Unbelievable, weighs less than a gallon of milk!

Seems strong, cord lasts long, I have and acre and have trimmed it 5 times all around and have not changed the cord spool.

Charge lasted 10 minutes...bad

Comments about Black & Decker Grass Hog 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger:

I just bought this trimmer and the charge only lasted 10 minutes after it was fully charged. I think that is poor. I have used a gas trimmer in the past and they have been to heavy for me. I should return this but am hoping the charge time goes up the more AI use it. This was not a good purchase for me.

• Handling:

Lightweight, great for small to medium yards

from Syracuse, NY

Comments about Black & Decker Grass Hog 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger:

Didn't want to spend the money for a gas trimmer that leaves me smelling like gas fumes and mixing oil/gas. This was a great alternative because it was cordless and running on battery packs. Granted the battery really only lasts about 20 minutes when running continuously, but the unit came with 2 batteries. Keep them both charged and you can swap the battery and finish up the job for a small to medium yard. Does great at edging the walkway/driveway/landscape border with the simple twist of the head. Happy with the performance as it's proven to be helpful in my weekly maintenance of the yard. Don't think this can handle thick grass, but then again I'm not sure a gas trimmer would be any more beneficial. Great lightweight product that saves money on gas and easy to maintain.

The black and Decker electric hedge trimmer does the job year in

from Ocala, FL

Comments about Black & Decker Grass Hog 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger:

The Black and Decker electric hedger trimmer is a piece of equipment that I have used for two decades . When it comes to reasonably priced dependable hedge trimmers , Black and Decker is a leader . They know what the average weekend do -it -your -selfer needs.The ease of use and the professional results are easily achieved without too much time invested.However , as with all cutting equipment, safety is of prime importance. Always be careful and aware of your immediate work area. And watch out that you don't accidentally cut the power cord. To avoid this, I have sincr purchased , and now use the Black and Decker cordless hedge trimmer.It is great! No more cords to worry about. It is lighter and easier to maneuver without sacrificing neatness. Keep up the great work Black and Decker!

I'ts lightweight and does a great job!

from Little Falls, NJ

Comments about Black & Decker Grass Hog 18V Cordless Trimmer and Edger:

Due to my carpal tunnel, I've had trouble with other trimmers in the past because of bulk and weight.  I really like the **Black & Decker NST2018Grasshog 12-Inch 18-Volt Cordless String Trimmer/Edger**.  It is lightweight and gets the job done.  I find it easy to use in any direction that I need to.  I am able to trim and edge my front lawn and back yard in no time flat.

There is also not alot of vibration from the machine.  This makes it much easier for me to handle.  I no longer need to stop several time to rest my arms.

Even though the battery life is a bit short, it came with a second battery to switch out with and they charge up quickly.

While it does work tackle smaller jobs better, the ease of this tool makes it more likely that I keep on top of my yard chores.