Other Electric Can Openers:

Black & Decker Gizmo Can Opener

My must have!

from Tennessee USA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Comfortable Grip
  • Convenient
  • Easy to clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Hands free
  • Leaves Smooth Edges
  • Portable

• Road trips
    • Travel
    • Vacation

Comments about Black & Decker Gizmo Can Opener:

This little gem is a must have in any kitchen! I purchased this several years ago. After getting it home and seeing how truly amazing it is I promptly purchased another one! Yes it's that good! I cook daily and use to struggle with opening cans of all sizes even with electric opener . That no longer is an issue. Just clip it on any size can and press. It goes around the can for you then automatically stops when completed with the lid firmly attached to the powerful magnet. It is totally hands free allowing me to do other things while it does it's thing. Fits the hand comfortably, releases easily, top comes off for easy clean, leaves smooth edges and so much more. I love that it is chargeable which means no cord and easy to take along on picnics, camping, on long road trips or wherever you may need an opener. I absolutely LOVE this product!!

This little opener is the greatest thing I've run into!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Black & Decker Gizmo Can Opener:

I love my Gizmo. I have Arthritis and I had an assessment done from an occupational therapist who works at the Arhtritis Foundation come to my home and help me figure out things that might make it easier for me to get around from day to day. It just so happened that one of the items she suggested was the Gizmo. When it arrived, I opened the box and started reading the material; I plugged it up all night, and the next day I just found a can of something I can't remember, and ever since then I haven't stopped using it. The one thing you have to remember is charge it up over night, then unplug it from the charger and leave it unplugged until it runs down, because if you don't, it will quit working. Once you take it off the charger, it should work for about a month depending on how many cans you open a day. I hope this helps!!

from Checotah, OK

Comments about Black & Decker Gizmo Can Opener:

This has to be one of the neatest gadgets in my kitchen drawer and if you have arthritis, you'll find the Gizmo an asset too.  No cranking, it doesn't take up valuable counter space, cleans easily and only requires a quick charge and infrequently at that.  One of the best Christmas gifts I received last year.  Let's hope Santa comes up with another this year.

Sad by the outcome

from Daytona Beach, FL

Comments about Black & Decker Gizmo Can Opener:

When the Gizmo first came out I knew I had to have it.  I went running out to get it, once I got it home I was disappointed.  It is not easy to get it to take hold of the can, and once on the can it wants to pop off before the can is open.  I dont have the time to be fighting the can opener.  I found it easier to use a hand held manual can opener and I still finished faster.  Just disappointed.

Gizmo: great adaptive tool for the kitchen!

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Black & Decker Gizmo Can Opener:

As an occupational therapist, I am always looking for gadgets that clients with disabilities or impairments can use in order to complete daily skills. This is definitely one that I would suggest to clients of mine with wrist or hand injuries or disabilities. I had a Black and Decker Gizmo Can Opener growing up as a kid and I loved it! My mother has carpal tunnel syndrome so it can be painful for her to be using her hands. This gadget made opening cans a cinch and I would definitely recommend it. Here are some reasons why it's great:

- It doesn't take up counterspace because it hangs under a cupboard easily.

- Simply attach it to the can and the gizmo zips around and does all the work!

- It fits on any size can and can cut through even thicker metal cans easily.

- The battery life is great! I can use it for a month before having to charge it.

- It's cordless so you don't have to worry about a cord getting in the way!

- It's relatively simple to use so kids and older adults can all use it without frustration.

My only issue with it is that it takes some getting used to. The first couple of times I struggled to get it to hold onto the can properly.

Very user friendly, reliable can opener

from Riverside, AL

Comments about Black & Decker Gizmo Can Opener:

My dad is all about practical Christmas gifts. So, the year I moved out he bought me this can opener, among other practical things. I giggled about getting a can opener for hristmas, but it has turned out to be one of the more useful gifts I have ever received.

I love that it mounts under the cabinet, so it doesn't take up and precious counter or drawer space, which I have always lacked.

It will open any size can with ease, and it come apart very easily for cleaning. You can even put the clip part with the blade, the part that gets nasty, in the top rack of your dishwasher.

I have been using this can opener for 7 years, and  it has survived as many moves and reinstallations. I have never had to replace to original mounting hardware that came with it, it is of very good quality.

My only complaint, or the only thing I would change, is there is no light that indicates whether you have it positioned in the charger correctly. You have to snap in it, and THEN push down on the bottom until you hear a click. If you don't hear that click, you will think it is charging because it is sitting in there right without falling out, but its not. It was something I learned to do fairly quickly.

It holds a charge for a long time, even after all these years of use. When the power went out last winter and stayed out for days, it opened all of the cans I needed it to over the course of those two days without losing its power.

I highly recommend this can opener to everyone.

Love My Gizzy

from Spencer, WV

Comments about Black & Decker Gizmo Can Opener:

My mom got me my Gizmo, and I absolutely love this thing.  She has one and loves hers too.   It is very easy to use, and I don't even remember when I charged it last.  The charge on mine lasts forever.

Very Disappointing!!

from Griffin, GA

Comments about Black & Decker Gizmo Can Opener:

I loved this when I first got it. But not long after I had this can opener it would not open a can at all. I let it charge for days and it still didn't have the strenght to even get started. Very disappointing! I honestly thought I had found the perfect can opener! Now I'm back to searching the shelves again!

Absolutly AWESOME!!!

from Cicero, IL

Comments about Black & Decker Gizmo Can Opener:

I love mine but my child got it wet and it got inside and stoped wroing so nowi am looking for another one and cant find one. Ihave tried all teh local stores withno luck so looks likeiwill beordering online, I dont know what i did with out it before!!! Cant wait to get a new one its easy for everyone to use my kids even love it!!!!