3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

best griddle ever!!

My mom just bought this black and decker griddle for me for Christmas and I'm absolutely in love with it! I have a large family of 6 and cooking can be a nightmare around here. Im not the best cook out there when it comes to cooking in a pan of any sort. I burn things and can't ever get the temperature correct. I love pancakes but can't make them in a pan. I also mess up French toast so I was more then happy to see if I could cook them on this griddle. I finally made the perfect pancakes. The griddle is really easy to use. I just oiled it a little bit and set it to the correct temperature and started cooking when the light went off to indicate it was preheated. I also was able to make good French toast too. Nothing has stuck to the surface so far and I'm very happy to be able to cook messy things and have an easy clean up. The unit can be submerged in the water as long as the cord is unplugged and removed from the griddle. It has a neat little drawer under it to catch the liquid that it easily removable and washable. I like the temperature control so there is no guessing if the griddle is the right temperature. There is a light that is on when it's heating and the light goes out when it's up to temp. I also like the design and how light the whole thing is. It has a 16"x10" cooking surface and a fast heat up. It heats evenly and stays the correct temperature all the time. The handles stay cool so it can be moved while it is still hot. The griddle goes up to 400 degrees which allows for a wide range of cooking options. Its large enough to cook multiple foods at once and the large cook top is great for feeding a group. It doesn't take up too much room so I clean it and put it away in a cupboard. Now that I have this I can't live without it. If something happened to the one I have I would most definitely run out and buy another one. There are several foods I can't make unless I'm using this so it's a staple for me. I highly recommend this to cooks and non cooks alike!

Okay griddle.

I got this griddle as a Christmas White Elephant gift. I am not a big fan of pancakes so this griddle was fairly useless in my family. We use it occasionally and the first couple times it works great. The last couple of times the griddles would not get as hot as it used to be. Only one section gets super hot while the other side was fairly warm. It makes cooking longer and my pancakes get uneven if I cook it on the warm side. We used the warm side to cook eggs and sausages now. This griddle is good to make batches of mini pancakes and you can feed the whole family in a short amount of time. Clean up is fairly easy too. This griddle can be quite bulky and takes up lots of space so we put them up after using it. Our family barely uses it now and we found that cooking pancakes in a pan over the stove is better and faster. It would still taste the same and the preparation is shorter. We do not have to wait for the griddle to get hot. When we first got this griddle, the griddle would get hot fairly quickly, but now it would take some time for it to get hot. I would not recommend this brand of griddle but if you are on a tight budget or not gonna use it often, then this brand is okay to buy.

best griddle ever!!

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Perfect Fit

Cons

• none that ive found

• anywhere there is an outlet
  • dorm rooms

Comments about Black & Decker Family-Size Electric Griddle:

Great size, not a bad product.

Comments about Black & Decker Family-Size Electric Griddle:

Got this for Christmas, and I'm in love. The size is great for making a full meal and is definitely a step up for just a skillet on the stove. The grease drip drawer is a pretty smart idea, but in use it's a little clunky and other food ends up draining that you don't want to lose (like eggs and hash browns).

Breakfast Anyone!

Comments about Black & Decker Family-Size Electric Griddle:

Black and Decker has revolutionized breakfast forever. With this Griddle a family of five can have breakfast made and ready to eat within fifteen minutes. The options of food that can be cooked on the griddle is amazing. Also, you can cook more than one thing at a time.

Awesome pancakes

Comments about Black & Decker Family-Size Electric Griddle:

This product is great when you are trying to make a quick breakfast for a lot of hungry mouths. It heats up quickly and stays hot the whole cooking time. It is very difficult to burn anything on this griddle. Liquid drips into the tray and is very easy to remove and clean. Love how well this griddle makes perfect pancakes. Only slight downfall is its a little difficult to clean because it can't get wet in the sink.

Very convenient!

Comments about Black & Decker Family-Size Electric Griddle:

This is an awesome product! Our family loves this and uses it often. You can cook a lot of one thing or many different items at once. I can cook my family breakfast all at once and it cooks perfectly. The heat consistency is great and things cook even. There's not much you can't do with it.

Really even heat, great heat settings, fast and easy cooking.

These are made actually really well. They are very inexpensive yet extremely durable. Always a great value for a large family or single person.

Super easy to clean.

Really doesn't get much easier than this. We can't live without ours. I love cooking up breakfast all at once or even throwing down some steaks with grilled onions or even veggies. Anyone can cook on one of these. They are also fairly cheap and great gifts for the holidays or birthdays. I bought one for my brother in law before he went off to college. It was pretty much his only kitchen appliance for four years. Great brand, great product. Thank you.

Great product

from Enterprise, AL

Comments about Black & Decker Family-Size Electric Griddle:

I use this product to cook pancakes and eggs. Since I like 5-6 cakes and 2 eggs when I have a taste for these, I bought the family size model so every thing is cooked at one time.
Handy helper and it was very in-expensive when I purchased it.

I just take a wet dish cloth (with dish detergent) and wipe it clean. It has a non-stick surface so cleaning it is a breeze!

Key part of our griddle family.

Comments about Black & Decker Family-Size Electric Griddle:

My family owns three griddles that we regularly use. We kind of have an obsession with griddling things, and rare is a day when no griddles are used for meal prep at least once.

We use the Black and Decker griddle the most out of our three griddles. It's huge as far as griddles go; we can cook pretty much anything on it and have enough space to cook for everyone. It's especially good for making breakfast: now whomever's cooking doesn't have to wait to eat, because they can make enough for everyone on the first round! It's great for family meals!

One thing I love about this griddle is that despite its large size, it still manages to cook evenly. All the hashbrowns we cook on this griddle come out nice and crispy, despite where they are. I've never had any troubles with it losing heat quickly or cooking unevenly. We also often cook meat on this griddle (pork chops most often), and the meat always ends up cooked perfectly and evenly all around.

Overall, this griddle is great, especially for the price! It's easily the best griddle and the favorite in our griddle family!

Okay griddle.

from Pearland, TX

Comments about Black & Decker Family-Size Electric Griddle:

One of my favorite kitchen appliances!

Comments about Black & Decker Family-Size Electric Griddle:

When I bought this griddle, I had one use for it in mind…making lots of pancakes quickly for large family breakfasts. Since owning it, though, I have literally used it for cooking hundreds of things including eggs, bacon, grilled cheese sandwiches, fajitas, quesadillas, etc. The surface heats up really fast, and has a temperature dial that allows you to know exactly how hot you are cooking at. The stick-free coating has held up really well, and works wonderfully. The drawer compartment is handy for keeping food warm until other items are done cooking (like with bacon, especially), and then it makes a handy place to store the cord when not in use. Cleanup is quick and easy, with any grease and food excess being collected in the groove until cooking is complete. The weight is light and I can easily lift it to the top shelf of my pantry without any problem. Overall, I love this kitchen appliance and do not know how I lived without it before!

Disappointing; fails to heat evenly

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about Black & Decker Family-Size Electric Griddle:

This grill is supposed to be non-stick, but food frequently sticks to it. It takes a long time to heat up and does not heat food items evenly. For example, when preparing pancakes, some portions of the pancakes get cooked perfectly, but other sections end up either undercooked or overcooked.

It's difficult to cook even a small piece of food properly on this item. A single slice of bacon comes out raw on one end and burnt on the other, and larger pieces of food cook even more inconsistently than that.

Since it heats so unevenly and food sticks to it pretty much all the time, this griddle is not very durable at all.

You can wash some parts in the dishwasher, but other pieces require hand washing.

The controls are straightforward; if only the griddle worked better! The warming tray is supposed to keep food warm until you're ready to serve it, but it doesn't maintain a consistent temperature. It's easy to adjust the temperature control, but again this function doesn't work correctly.