3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

The Black and Decker Dust Buster rocks my boat.

I live on a sailboat and make my living as a writer. Things get a little messy aboard from time to time when I have lots of close deadline. I'm sometimes short on time, and always short of storage space. The Black and Decker Dust Buster is just the thing for vacuuming up spilled ground coffee, crumbs, and those inevitable unidentifiable bits that come aboard with me.

My boat is only 27 feet long, so a full-sized vacuum would just be ridiculous. However, the Dust Buster stores nicely in its neat black bag, along with really useful attachments. Whdn I'm done playing Connie Homemaker, the vacuum goes back in its back and gets tossed into its home in a cabin locker.

My boat is old and I've been doing some repairs and upgrades on it. Cutting and sanding fiberglass are common activities. Vacuuming up those icky shreds of fiberglass are necessary if you want an itch-free existence. The Dust Buster makes short work of sucking up fiberglass dust so I can move on to something that's a little more interesting.

The Dust Buster is also very handy when it comes to cleaning out my car. There is always some kind of dust or grass clippings that like to hitch a ride. All I have to do is carry this light little vacuum up from the dock, plug it in a nearby courtesy outlet, and voila' -- a neat and tidy vehicle.

Version 14.4V is VERY convenient.Th

We have owned a Black & Decker small hand vacuum for about a year now -- version 14.4 volt. It has "cyclonic" action and keeps the dirt inside.Read complete review

This has been the most convenient little vacuum to clean up small areas where toddlers make crumbs or where our lazy old cat leaves food or kitty litter messes.

It stays in a charger when not in use, and we can just grab it, suck up the offensive debris, and with the push of a button empty the contents into the trash. You can even extend the opening out a few inches so that it reaches into tighter spots.

The charging station is small and can attach to the wall, although we just keep ours on the edge of the kitchen counter (away from food areas).

One backdraw might be that, although it is as advertized as having an easy, self-cleaning filter, that is not quite the case. I've had to pull out dust bunches by hand (yucky!) to clear it. When clean, though, the suction is quite effective.

Even though this has been a very convenient and easy-to-use cordless hand vac -- usable anywhere in the home, for the car, etc. -- I think that we will invest in the Dyson version of cordless hand vacuums next time.

not a lot of suction power

from MA

Comments about Black & Decker DustBuster Cordless Vacuum:

I have owned this Dustbuster hand vac as well as a Dustbuster handheld vac and I ws not happy with either one of them .
This is a small hand held vac that you plug in to charge so it is always " at the ready" if you leave it plugged in. But if you charge it and take it out of the outlet, it will not hold a charge as long if you don't have occasion to use it right away .
This vacuum is ok for cleaning small , unexpected messes but I have tried to clean up dirt from a plant that my pet knocked over , pick up pet hair , etc and it is horrible .
If you are looking for a VERY light duty vac for quick touch ups and spills this is just ok - you cannot vacuum a small room with it and expect very good results . I would only recommend It as best used to vacuum out a car or for quick touch ups .
I was not at all satisfied with the suction power of this vacuum - it was more like a kid's toy than a vacuum cleaner to me . Not worth the money .

• Versatility:

Sucks that it doesn't suck!

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Black & Decker DustBuster Cordless Vacuum:

I was so excited to get the Black & Decker DustBuster Cordless Vacuum for small spills and messes. I kept it charging in my laundry room so that it would be easily accessible. Despite its full charge, the battery seemed unable to hold a charge for very long once I began using it.
The worst part was the lack of suction power. You can put your handover the suction hole and feel how little power is being put out. With the majority of messes, I had to come back and pick up particles with my hand after using the cordless vacuum.
I had high hopes of being able to use it to keep my car clean as well, but again, it was hardly powerful enough to get anything off of my seats or floorboard.
It is quite bulky for having so little engine power. I would like to see something smaller with suction power.

Easy to clean

Not much suction power

Versatility
Probably best for hard surfaces

The handle seems to be ergonomically designed

Barely able to hold a charge, didn't run very long even with a full charge.

Nice & Tough Hand Vac

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Black & Decker DustBuster Cordless Vacuum:

the DustBuster is a really lightweight, easy to use vacuum that can be used inside the home as well as outside. It is strong and powerful even with the small size and the lightweight design, and I appreciate the magnificent way that it can remove pet hair from furniture and other services.
There is great suction on this little machine, too. there's a cyclonic filter that I like, and it is also easy to clean.
Black and Decker is a quality name that i trust, and this cleaner certainly lives up to all of the expectations that I have of the brand.
The fact that the vac is also affordable only adds to the enjoyment of the product.
You cannot use this cleaner on the floor or on large surfaces, but for the small ones, there couldn't be a better choice in cleaners out there.

Maneuverability
This vacuum cleaner moves just the way that you want it to move

Easy to take care of

Suction Performance
Amazing suction power gets up everything from upholstery, carpets, furniture and much more

• Versatility:

Black and Decker cordless handheld vacuum

Comments about Black & Decker DustBuster Cordless Vacuum:

So this cordless handheld vacuum from Black and Decker works great, for about a week! I was so disappointed in this purchase and wish I would have gotten something else. It barely sucks anything up! It's not like I'm trying to vacuum up huge heavy pieces of debris either, I bought this to use for crumbs under the table and to vacuum the floors in my tiny bathrooms. This vacuum could barely suck up a piece of hair the suction on it is so bad. Maybe I just got a defected one, not sure but I would not recommend this nor ever buy another cordless Black and Decker ever again.

Maneuverability
It maneuvers easily enough, can get into some small spaces.

Ease of Maintenance
You just hit the button and dump it out, that is if you can actually get it to suck anything up!

Suction Performance
The one I bought had almost no suction at all, I had to go over something several times to get it to suck up into the vacuum.

Versatility
It is versatile, can be used pretty much on any surface.

It's a nice design, too bad it doesn't work.

I wouldn't know, mine barely worked past the first few times.

Only last 5 minutes

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Black & Decker DustBuster Cordless Vacuum:

I purchased the Black & Decker DustBuster Cordless Vacuum for my pickup truck. I figured this vacuum would be serviceable, but sadly it's a terrible piece of machinery. This vacuum is bulky, which made it difficult to get in between my seats and under them. The attachment brush bristles are very short and don't do a good job of lifting up lint. This vacuum is very underpowered and it made me pass over the same debris multiple times to get rid of it. My biggest gripe with this product is the battery life. I was only able to use this vacuum for 5 minutes and it would die. It took me a long time to clean the front and back seat. I was constantly recharging the battery. It felt like every time I recharged the vacuum it would charge less and less each time. I definitely wouldn't recommend the Black & Decker DustBuster Cordless Vacuum because it doesn't hold a charge long enough to do any significant cleaning.

Dust Buster is handy

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Black & Decker DustBuster Cordless Vacuum:

I have found the Black and Decker Dust Buster cordless vacuum to be handy. I remember using the Dust Buster when they came out years ago. They were new and fun for those of us who like to try the newest gadgets. I like to try new cleaning products because it's nice to see how they can improve my time and save my back too. I think that the Dust Buster has withstood the test of time due to it's longevity on the market. I think that the Black and Decker Dust Buster Cordless Vacuum is good for cleaning small areas such as inside drawers and cupboards. It is also useful for cleaning small areas in the vehicle and trunk. I like how it has a narrow tip to fit into tight spots. I like being able to empty the dust cup as well. I like that it is compact and light weight which allows you to take it with you on the road. I would recommend the dust buster to others as well. It is easy to store in small closets.

Great for Car and House

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Black & Decker DustBuster Cordless Vacuum:

I have owned various DustBuster models over the years and this has become one of my favorites. I use it mostly in the car, but it's great for the house as well.

The small size and the lack of a cord make this ideal for cleaning the car of leaves, pine needles, etc. It does a good job with sand as well, but it's not super powerful so it doesn't deep clean. But, it does get any large items off the carpet. It has successfully picked up spilled dry pet food and litter that has leaked out of bags.

In the house it's a little powerhouse picking up the litter behind the letterbox, cleaning sofa cushions of Cheerios and popcorn pieces, and sucking up the spilled dry food around the pet dishes. It also does an admirable job on the stairs!

If you have a small job the DustBuster can handle it. It's not for big jobs but it is the perfect solution for tiny jobs where you need power and versatility without bulk.

• Versatility:

Totally USELESS...in my humble opinion!

Comments about Black & Decker DustBuster Cordless Vacuum:

I tried, I really tried to love this portable vacuum cleaner. I really thought that with it being cordless and handheld I would be able to use it anywhere. What I discovered instead is that the everywhere I tried to use it left it with nowhere it would do a good job of cleaning.

This dustbuster is only good for picking up paper and small particles that are out in an open area. Don't try to get into corners or under things, it is designed to pick up dirt at only when held at a certain angle so that the opening can be placed where it can make contact with the surface you are cleaning. I thought that this would be an ideal vacuum for my car...NOT! The bulky body of the vacuum keeps it from being able to get into and around tight spaces.

The cordless feature should have been a feature to brag about, but it also fails in my experience with it. It charged the vacuum with a good use time for a while but then the battery must have started going bad because it failed to hold a charge for very long. Ugghhhh!

I would not recommend this vacuum at all to anyone! It's a shame because Black and Decker does produce and sell some quality products. This is just not one of them!

Maneuverability
Because of the bulky body and odd positioning of the suction opening it is difficult to maneuver it into any small area.

Ease of Maintenance
This is the only category that I cannot rate low. Why? Mainly because there is really no maintenance needed.

Suction Performance
No good suction from this vacuum.

Versatility
Is handheld, but that's about it!

The design of this vacuum does not fit the needs of the vacuum. The wide odd shaped opening makes proper contact with the surface being cleaned. The bulky body hinders vacuuming in tight areas.

The cordless feature fails to properly charge and maintain a charge. The plastic that the body is made of is not strong. I broke the little piece that snaps into place to hold the plastic casing of the collection chamber over the motorized end. Resulted in taping it together to be able to use it.

Great little hand vacuum

from Richmond VA

Comments about Black & Decker DustBuster Cordless Vacuum:

In my old apartment, we had just a few pieces of furniture and a couple of rugs that needed regular vacuuming, and we didn't have very much room for storage. I didn't want to have to figure out a place to hide away a huge, clunky vacuum. We picked up one of these cordless vacuums to see if it was the answer to our problems, and it did a very nice job.

Maneuverability
I had a little trouble getting this into some of the nooks and crannies, but overall it does a decent job of handling.

Ease of Maintenance
This is very easy to take care of. We never had any major issues with it and it is easy to keep it clean and emptied.

Suction Performance
This isn't exactly a high-powered vacuum, but if you just need it for light cleaning and maintenance of your furniture, it's really nice to have. It is also a lot easier on stairs than trying to lug a vacuum or hose up and down, and it worked great there.

Versatility
I was able to use this in several areas of my home.

It is easy to hold and not too heavy.

• Versatility:

Does the Trick--for years of constant use!

Comments about Black & Decker DustBuster Cordless Vacuum:

We have had this dust buster through many stages in our life and it is still working fine. The battery may not be as strong, but it still holds a charge after several years of consistent use. We have used this machine with pets. It can suck up unwanted pet hair from the corners of your home. It can suck up pet food and the tools come in handy when tackling the reside that long haired cats leave on nice upholstered chairs. It gets into tight spaces in cars when it comes time to spring clean leaves and debris. But, the true test came when we had children. We have tested this machine to it's cheerio-sucking limits and still it works. It is amazing at handling even the crumbiest highchair, the most food infested kitchen floors or couches, or in the mystery zone near the fridge. We love this machine so much that although we just ordered a new, fancy dust buster, we will still keep this one and "promote" it to the upstairs region of our house. There it will continue to suck up lint and art project scraps for, dare I say, years to come.