Other Vacuums:

Black & Decker Dust Buster 9.6v Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

The Dustbuster is a quick, lightweight cleanup machine.

We don't use this dustbuster as much as we used to. It use to be our only little hand-held vacuum, but then we bought the Dyson handheld and that is now our main little vacuum. (You can read my review on that also). We still have this on hand in the garage. This vacuum has nice suction power and cleans up most anything I stick in front of it. The only problem is the small opening, so bigger, chunky items get stuck in the intake. They are easily removed so it's not a big deal, but you'll have to use something else if you're trying to clean up anything with large pieces. Cleaning out the "bag" on the inside is easy, push the lever and the cover comes apart and then empty into the trash. Then push the cover back on.

I would not buy this again.

I am not that very impressed with this particular dust buster. I've owned two of the same ones in the past six years. They both died. I haven't bought a new one since. ...Read complete review

Granted, I did use mine almost everyday. The main use for mine was to clean up under and around our kitchen table. I wasn't suctioning big stuff either and we didn't have pet hair to vacuum up.

Eventually, the battery charger that came with both of ours died, too. I remember having to leave our charged all the time.

I would say that it was very easy to use, though. You just pulled it off the stand and went to work. Not that very hard. It picked up lots of debris on our floors (dust, very small things on the floor, etc).

I also think the little filter got clogged up very easily. That had to replaced a lot. It wasn't worth to me to keep buying filters for the whole thing just to die every few years. I expecting it to last much longer.

Overall, I would not recommend this product. It's easier for me to just sweep with my broom under the table.

Maneuverability
Very easy to use and maneuver. Just vacuum over whatever you want. No big deal.

Ease of Maintenance
Maintenance was okay. I ended up having to clean out and buy the filters more often than what I thought necessary.

Suction Performance
Suction performance was okay, but I guess for this size you shouldn't expect too much.

Versatility
Not very versatile, but I wasn't buying mine for the versatility. I just wanted it to perfrom well.

The design seemed just fine to me. I don't know what I would've even changed about the design. I cared more about the performance.

Durability was very unsatsifactory for me. I really expected it to last much longer. My expectations were not met in this area.

works really well!

Comments about Black & Decker Dust Buster 9.6v Vacuum:

This small vacuum works really well. It works great when trying to pick up smaller messes when kids spill food on the floor or for when crumbs get brushed onto the floor. It's easy to use and small enough that it is very convenient when storing it so that it isn't in the way. The ease of use is definitely one of the perks of this small vacuum. All you have to do is turn it on and you're ready to go. Its also easy to move around as well. It doesn't take much strength and order to move this small vacuum around. Sometimes when you get those very large vacuums it takes all of your strength in you in order to get it across the floor to pick up the mess. This vacuum is light enough so that you can use one hand with it. And it actually sucks up the mess that you're trying to pick up too. It doesn't leave any crumbs on the floor. I would definitely recommend this vacuum to other people. It does the job that's needed of it and it is a durable product that you can count on being able to rely on for a good amount of years.

Almost perfect

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Black & Decker Dust Buster 9.6v Vacuum:

I owned the Black & Decker Dust Buster CHV9600 Vacuum about 3 years ago and I love just about everything about it. This vacuum is excellent at sucking up heavy debris with no effort. Because of it's shape I am able to clean my lint trap on my dryer with ease. This vacuum is pretty quiet compared to it's sucking ability. I really enjoy that the wall mount doubles as a charging port. I never once ran out of power while using this vacuum. I am also very pleased that I am able to use this vacuum for around 20 minutes and it doesn't lose suction power. My only problem with this device is that the motor blows air from the underside of the vacuum. Because of this it has a tendency of blowing trash around when I'm cleaning. This mainly happens on hardwood floors and it has no effect on carpet. Despite this design flaw I would still recommend the Black & Decker Dust Buster Cyclonic Action Cordless 9600 vacuum.

Handy to have around

Comments about Black & Decker Dust Buster 9.6v Vacuum:

For the most part I think that the Black & Decker Dust Buster is worth having on hand considering that it doesn't cost much or take up a lot of space. For what it does it is a good tool to have on hand, especially with kids and pets. When my daughter and I are baking cookies and half a cup of sugar ends up on the kitchen floor she can grab the Dust Buster and clean up the mess herself quickly. It doesn't do big messes or large areas, but that is what the regular vacuum is for. My biggest complaint is that they don't seem to last very long. This is the third one that we have owned and they all seem to start losing their charge really quickly after the first six or so months and within about a year and a half they won't hold a charge for more than a minute or two. I guess for the price that may be to be expected.

Maneuverability
It is small enough that it is pretty easy to get in almost anywhere and the tip is very narrow which makes it nice for narrow spaces and corners.

Ease of Maintenance
Emptying it is super easy, but the filter gets gunked up pretty easily. I got sick of replacing them and started trying to just rinse them out.

Suction Performance
Don't expect to clean your rugs with it but for cleaning up spilled sugar off of the kitchen floor it is great.

After the first few months I felt like the piece that held the canister on was wearing down and it felt like the canister wasn't on as tightly anymore which I think affected suction performance.

Black and Decker Dust Buster 9.6v CHV9600 Vacuum

Comments about Black & Decker Dust Buster 9.6v Vacuum:

Black and Decker has always made a variety of quality products, but I've not yet found a Dust Buster that worked as I had hoped. I absolutely love the concept of a Dust Buster, but have been disappointed with its overall functionality. With newer technology I had high hopes that this Dust Buster 9.6v CHV9600 Vacuum would be an improvement over the other Black and Decker Dust Busters I had used in the past, but I was sadly disappointed once again. I find this unit to lack suction power and lasting battery life, both of which are key components for any hand-held vacuum in my opinion. Over the years Dust Busters have certainly become more sleek and stream-lined, but improved looks do not always equate to improved quality and functionality, as is the case with the 9.6v CHV9600 unit. This model just looses power too quickly and is not powerful enough in terms of suction to work well for my family.

• Versatility:

Love my dust buster. It's a cat lovers dream!

from Hamden, CT

Comments about Black & Decker Dust Buster 9.6v Vacuum:

Perfect for quick clean up of pet messes.

Maneuverability
Very light weight and easy to maneuver. I love that it is cordless because it makes a quick mess clean-up a very quick task.

Ease of Maintenance
Cleaning the filter is quick and easy. Empties nicely, as well. I just push the tabs to release the compartment and shake it over the trash. I find it so much easier than sweeping on the tile, like I used to.

Suction Performance
I use this both on tile and rug for cat litter granules and pet hair. It picks up both and performs very well. It has a brush attachment which helps on the carpet. I use this in addition to my regularly sized vacuum and it helps extend my time between lugging that vacuum out and maintaining a clean home.

• Versatility:

Love this better than my old shark.

from Muscle Shoals, AL

Great purchase!

Maneuverability
Very good. Attachments reach small spaces well.

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to empty and to charge.

Suction Performance
Cleans my couch and chairs better than my hold shark handheld. Picks up the tinyest crums.

Versatility
This is versatile. I can use it in my car, van, house, and office.

Only suggestion I would have is to make it a little lighter weight.

Has lasted longer than my last two hand helds. Love this product.

Love my dustbuster!

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Black & Decker Dust Buster 9.6v Vacuum:

Between a toddler and a small dog, my Dust Buster gets a regular workout! I use it frequently to vacuum up crumbs, pieces of cereal, fur, and dirt tracked inside by my family. I love the convenience of this dust buster; the battery holds up well and it has enough power to get up the messes my family leaves all over our hardwood floors. I will say that it tends to get clogged with long hair, and if I go to suction up a larger piece of cereal or food, the little flap that's inside tends to get those items stuck in it. But no matter, it's easy to clean. Just press the button, pull the motor apart from the suction end, and dump everything out. Easy to use and easy to clean. It's a must-have for a mommy!

Easy to use

Ease of Maintenance
No problems with keeping it running

Suction Performance
It does struggle a bit on bigger items (like cereal or goldfish crackers, i.e.)

Versatility
I use it on the counters, hardwood floors, and in the high chair.

Easy to use, easy to pull apart for cleaning, and easy to put back together

It has held up well with frequent use!

• Versatility:

I would not buy this again.

from Elizabethtown, KY

Maneuverability
Very easy to use and maneuver. Just vacuum over whatever you want. No big deal.

• Versatility:

The Dustbuster is a quick, lightweight cleanup machine.

from Sherwood, OR

Not too impressed

from Sarasota, FL

Comments about Black & Decker Dust Buster 9.6v Vacuum:

I love dust busters. I NEED a dust buster. I think this one does it's job, but it has some flaws. As a mommy of two little ones we have quiet a lot of crumbs and I use this dust buster daily. It has good suction and the battery lasts a fair amount of time. I just find that if I suck up something that is on the bigger side (i.e. a goldfish cracker) it can get stuck in the flap that holds the collected material back. It will keep sucking up more crumbs but building up outside of the collection chamber. The second I turn it off and the suction goes away everything falls on the floor! I have to remove the blocked item and redo my cleaning that is now on the floor. I don't dislike this product, I just wonder if there is something better out there.