4.8

Cons

Great for dorms!

from Kansas

Comments about Black & Decker Cup-at-a-Time 12-oz. Personal Coffee Maker:

I had this Black & Decker Cup-At-A-Time Coffee Maker when I lived in the dorms during my first year of college. This is seriously a college kid necessity! It takes up very little space but makes a great cup of coffee. It is convenient to be able to make one cup of coffee, especially if you are on-the-go, like I was my first year of college. You can also use it for simply boiling water, which is great for making ramen noodles or those to-go macaroni and cheese cups [more college kid necessities!]. My roommate and I used this machine a few times a day and never had any problems with it. This comes with a built in filter but if you are not careful you can lose the small piece. Sadly, I somehow lost this machine when I moved! I highly recommend this, especially for college kids who have to live in the dorms.

Brew Performance
This quickly makes a tasty cup of coffee.

Very simple to clean.

All you had to do was push one button and then wait for your coffee [or boiling water if you were using it for other purposes].

Compact design that is great for small spaces.

I only had this device for a year but we never had a single problem with it.

• Brew Performance:

This is one of the most reliable appiances I own.

Comments about Black & Decker Cup-at-a-Time 12-oz. Personal Coffee Maker:

I have been using this Black and Decker single cup coffeemaker for several years and it just keeps on going. I love that I can make a single cup of coffee to my own specifications, sometimes stronger or weaker, or blends of several. I purchased this same machine for my parents and my in-laws years ago and they are still using theirs as well. The only downside I have found is that it takes #1 coffee filters and those are not easy to find in the stores. If you don't find using a substitute, however, the #2 filters do the job just as well and you can get them relatively cheaply just about everywhere.

Brew Performance
The brew on this can be as unique as you want since you are measuring each cup separate. It is easy to also do the half caffeinated and half decaf or any similar combination you prefer at different times of the day.

With the disposable filter it is just a matter of tossing it into the compost pile.

Pour a cup of water in the holder and set the same cup under the spout, put a filter in, measure what you want, turn the button on. It is very simple to use.

I have had mine for years as have several family members and it works the same as the day we got them.

• Brew Performance:

Great for making a cup og coffee

Comments about Black & Decker Cup-at-a-Time 12-oz. Personal Coffee Maker:

I really do like this coffee maker. I am the only one in the house that drinks coffee and I need a ways to save money on the amount of coffee being used. Not only that, but it makes a cup of coffee in 1 min. We are always on the go. So, it is nice to have a quick and cheap cup of coffee.

Brew Performance
I love it. Do not have to worry about getting coffee beans in the coffee itself.

I throw the coffee beans in the trash and rinse it. Then I am ready to go for the next day.

I fill up my mug and then put the water in the coffee maker. Then but the mug under it and but my coffee in. Then turn it on.

I don't really care for how it looks but I love how well it works. It makes my morning easy.

It has lasted a year for me. So, doing good so far.

Compact and durable.

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Black & Decker Cup-at-a-Time 12-oz. Personal Coffee Maker:

I bought a Black and Decker Cup-at-a-Time Personal Coffeemaker in my starving student days, but mine is black. I say "is" because I still have it, though it's packed away at the moment. That little thing is so durable that it can still make a passable cup of coffee, and it's light and small enough to be perfect for road trips, when you can't be sure if the hotel you stop at will have an in-room coffee maker.

The Black and Decker comes with a permanent filter that is not gold-toned, but is actually easier to wash than any of the gold-toned filters I've used. If you lose that filter you can use a small paper filter instead, but the permanent filter isn't difficult to keep track of. I've still got that, too.

I didn't just make coffee with this thing, either. I boiled water for oatmeal, hot chocolate, even ramen noodles using this machine. It can boil a full of water cup hot enough to cook all kinds of quick foods. This little machine has served me extraordinarily well, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to gift a college student.

Brew Performance
Brews very hot water at a decent speed.

The filter is easier to clean than a gold-toned. The whole machine can be cleaned with a vinegar brew followed by water.

It really doesn't get easier than this.

This is extraordinarily designed for the simple thing that it does.

I still have this machine and it is still in good working condition.

• Brew Performance:

Great little coffee maker!

from New Haven, CT

Comments about Black & Decker Cup-at-a-Time 12-oz. Personal Coffee Maker:

I had been using a french press for coffee for nearly ten years and was a little leary of switching over. But this little coffee make is great! It makes just enough coffee for one, is really quick, and it tastes great! I also really like the mug it comes with - I've noticed that the plastic lid on a lot of travel cups start to get "yucky" over time. They smell and taste like coffee making it difficult to use the mugs for anything but. But this one stays nice and odorfree. And for the price, with the coffee cup, this is a great deal!

Cup-at-a-Time perfect for us

from Suburban, NY

Comments about Black & Decker Cup-at-a-Time 12-oz. Personal Coffee Maker:

When we created our wedding registry, a coffee maker is listed as a must have item. Neither one of us drinks a great deal of coffee, but nonetheless, we got a 12-cup coffee maker which sits on our countertop and is used almost as much as our china and even less than our Kitchenaid.

My mother-in-law lives alone and bought the Black and Decker Cup-at-a-Time for herself. She was so pleased with it that she purchased another one for us. At first, we weren't sure how much we'd actually use it, but it turns out that it has been a great appliance to have around. There are many times when a member of our family stops by for a brief visit and we can offer them a cup of coffee without making an entire pot. Even when we have a larger crowd, each person can have the coffee of their preference (regular, decaf or flavored).

The machine includes a removable, machine-washable filter so there is no need for paper filters. The coffee maker is small and light enough to pull out and put away with each use, keeping the countertop clean.

If you don't like coffee, you can easily run water through for hot tea or cocoa in a couple minutes.