Other Blenders:

Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender

Pros

Cons

I love my Crush Master!

Let me start off by saying that I've had my Black & Decker Crushmaster for... 3 years now?  And I haven't once had to consider replacing it.  Other that the fact that I'm not the most fastidious person in the world, it still is going strong, and pretty much looks new.

It has these great features:

- 12 speeds with separate pulse

- 475 watts; Plastic lid with 2 ounce measuring cup

- Seperate Ice Crush button; Powerful Ice Crush function

- 42 ounce glass jar; Cord Storage

- 4 pane stainless steel cutting blades

I have used it for dips, smoothies, milk shakes.  It's great to throw a few ice cubes in with some cold coffee and a scoop of vanilla ice cream - instant cheapo coffee frap!

The only complaints that I have about my blender are:

- Sometimes the liquid "stalls" inside - thicker chunkier pieces, such as frozen strawberries, have a tendency to get stuck at the bottom, and the mixture doesn't churn together.  This can be fixed by turning off the blender, removing the lid, and stirring with a spoon, but this leads to my second complaint...

- The lid can sometimes be darn near impossible to remove.  I usually take out the center "cup" and this gives me a hole to grip and pull up on, but it's seriously a pain in the butt, sometimes.

All in all, it's been a good blender and I'm glad I have it!

Does the job if you can stand the noise!

I bought this Black and Decker Crush Master blender a few months ago when a national chain store was going out of business and offered discounted prices.

I've always liked the Black...Read complete review

I've always liked the Black and Decker brand so figured it was a good buy. The blender has l6 settings for Hi and Lo, making a total of 12 blending choices. It does a great job mixing everthing I've tried and does a good job mixing things added to the blender later.

The blender parts are easy to wash and assemble. That's always a plus.

One major problem is that it makes a horribly loud gear grinding noise when in use. We put up with it only because there was a no-return policy a the store and the manufacturer didn't offer a replacement guarantee.

The Crush Master has had good reviews so I'm thinking we happened to purchase a defective one. We'll stick with it and continue to use it until it gives up or I find a good deal elsewhere on a better model.

It works but it is loud.

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Stable

Cons

• Loud

• Drinks

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

I think the Black and decker crush master is great for blending up a morning smoothie or mixing up some margaritas at night. This blender has ten settings which really help to give you a desired result. I love using it for smoothies mostly. I never have to pick out chunk's of ice and it is always evenly smooth. I also thought the price for this blender was outstanding. I think it looks great on my counter top and it never makes a mess. It is fairly easy to clean if you rinse right after using it. If you wait to rinse its a nightmare to clean. I do however think its a very noisy blender. I don't like that I feel like I am waking up the entire neighborhood when I use it. I would recommend this to someone on a budget that does not mind the loud noise.

Great crusher, blender, and mixer. Very durable.

from West Virginia

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

I like that this blender labels the speeds with options such as pule and crush etc. because it gives you an idea of which setting you need to get the job done.

The container--the container it's is huge. It's also glass. This is nice in that it's so easy to clean and it's more durable and doesn't get banged up easily, but I don't like it in that it's heavier, it's more dangerous if you drop it, and it really hurts when you drop it! Been there and done that. It's a little more tedious to store and you have to be more cautious but I like that it's easier to clean and doesn't have all the cuts/chips in it that my old plastic one does.

The lid also has a nice measuring cup/top on it. The lid is actually plastic which is good because sometimes pieces fly up and bounce off of it.

The blades--they are stainless steel and have held up for a couple years now. I don't notice any real decline in the sharpness of them or the power.

The blender itself does a good job with ice, smoothies, coffees, icecream shakes, pretty much anything you'd use a blender for. Occasionally it gets stuck and stops spinning because something is too heavy and then you have to turn it off and mix it up a little before restarting but this happened with my last two or three blenders so it's not too big of a deal. I can say though, that sometimes when you need to do this, the lid seems to self seal or something and you have to fight a little to get it off. But again, this happened with my old blender. I think it just makes suction or something during the blend.

Sometimes it takes a little longer on ice and the bigger pieces hide at the bottom of it so you don't realize until you start pouring that pieces of ice or fruit are stuck at the bottom. That's a minor hassle though and again, same issues with other blenders.

Finally, the blender seems kind of loud. They all do but this one in particular seems louder than other when I do ice beverages. I think it may be because of the glass. It's not unbearable but it's not so pleasant either.

Blending Power
Blends up nicely but occasionally ice and large fruit pieces sink to the bottom or it stalls out and you have to hand mix with a spoon for a second before stating it back up.

Versatility
I can do gravy, mashed potatoes, cut up onions and peppers, make mixed drinks, smoothies, shakes, and I can use it for salsa. It's very versatile.

It's really easy to clean and glass seems to get cleaner than plastic but it's a little heavier and bulkier.

Very easy to use, however, I do kind of wish it had "speeds" instead of "options" such as grind, pulse, etc. It would be nicer if I had numbers to go by so I could judge how fast I want it to go.

I like the design but the glass makes it heavier and bulkier. I do like that the buttons are lengthwise instead of across the width of the blender.

Very durable, even when making iced beverages with large chunks of ice.

Great Addition to My Kitchen

from Virginia

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

I just recently started using my Black & Decker Crush Master Blender after a year of owning it. I am trying to eat healthier and found some smoothie drinks that requires the use of a blender. This particular blender has a wide variety of settings and it crushes and blends anything from ice to vegetables. The power of the Black & Decker blender is amazing, it takes only seconds to blend, it's switches power levels easily, and the pitcher holds a lot. I enjoy waking up and blending fresh or frozen fruit with ice and yogurt. I've replaced my coffee maker with my blender. We recieved a foot of snow, I made fresh snow ice cream with my Black & Decker and my girls loved it! Clean up is a breeze, just be careful when cleaning around the blades because they are very sharp. For the price I think this was a great buy. The Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender is a great addition to my kitchen and I think I will use it a great deal from here on out.

Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender is great

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

I have owned a Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender BL10450HB for the past few years and have always been happy with its performance. I can't say I use my blender too often but whenever I make a smoothie or a pumpkin pie, this model is fast, efficient and simple to use. It's inexpensive yet has 10-speeds to meet whatever blending needs you may have. It's easy to take apart to clean and is not complicated to put back together.

Blending Power
I have used this blender for smoothies and pies, and it mixes my ingredients thoroughly and quickly without any problems. It's fast and simple to operate.

Versatility
The Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender BL10450HB is a versatile blender for almost anything you need to mix or blend. It's not a fancy model but it serves the purpose and is great for milkshakes, smoothies and mixed drinks.

This blender is so easy to use that my teenagers can make virgin daiquieries, smoothies or milkshakes without my help. It's a breeze to clean and take apart and doesn't require being a rocket scientist to use!

• Versatility:

This blender is very durable, and easy to use.

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

I love this blender. It's lasted longer than any other blender. It has no prblem with anything. I use it almost every morning for smoothies or shakes, then in the evening we'll use it to make ice cream. I also purchased a second blender for a hobby. It can blend and be a huge asset in soap and lotion making as well. In no time this blender takes frozen foods and gives you a lovely smoothie.

Blending Power
I've had blenders in the past that manage to blend powerfully for a few months, then die. This belnder hasn't died yet, and has been in use for almost a year! It is wonderful for smoothies, or crushing ice. It really can handle a very wide array of foods.

One thing I look for in a blender is how easy it is to clean. I mean who wants to spend twenty minutes cleaning up after making a smoothie in like two minutes? This blender is super easy to clean. Just take it apart as much as you can, and either dump all the parts in a dishwasher, or take the five seconds and wash them yourself. It really doesn't take any effort on your part. The wonderful thing here is that is goes back together as easily as it came apart! You just have to stop being lazy for like five seconds and actually put the blender back together before you lose parts.

Even my 7 year old can use the blender under supervision. I don't have to worry about the lid flying off, or wonder if my food is going to get well blended. This blender really has been a life saver.

Cheap but it works.

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

I would have to state that I was given this particular brand blender as a gift Upon reviewing the blender, I could tell from just looking at it that it was of a chaper brand. However, I figured since it was a gift, it only made sense to use it. For me it does that basics that anyone can ask if a blender. However, I really detest the fact that it sounds so loud. If not for the abnoxious loud noise that it makes, I would use it more often. You can put large amounts of ice in it. You have to put the ice in in increments. If not the blades are pratically non functioning. In regards to the appearance and design, it does appear much smaller than most blenders. Then to again one has to look at the price one is paying for it. I would recommend this particular blender for small things such as mixing drinks. Or making smaller versions of drinks that would require ice being included. I dont know the extent at which one could blend vegetables. However, I am sure that it is limited.

Easy to use and Powerful

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

I have had this brand of blender for a while and it really gets the ice crushed for my smoothies. Love the different levels and very easy to use!

Blending Power
crushes ice while mixing smoothie ingredients

this can handle anything

dishwasher safe and easy to take apart

parts are easy to put together

sleek and modern

thick glass handles the heaviest of ice

• Versatility:

the smoothest smoothie i have ever tasted!

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

I thought for the price I was buying a blender that would last me a few months until I could afford better. what I got was excellence. the design is great. I will admit I bought it mainly because I needed the color to match the rest of my kitchen appliances and the height was perfect, as it would not hit my kitchen cabinet. I started off with milk shakes then my fruit smoothies then my ethnic foods. and it has worked like a charm. everything I have thrown in there has blended wonderfully.

Blending Power
it blends excellent. once I finish mixing my ingredients in the blender and pour them out, I am ready to go .

Versatility
I go from making excellent milk shakes to fruit smoothies to sofrito (those of Puerto rican descent know what I am talking about) to my daughter's iced coffee within minutes of each other. I use to mix my baking products and everything I need to mix for cooking

this blender cleans pretty well. I have no trouble with it, which surprises me as all my other blenders rust out

as I mentioned earlier, pretty easy to use.

I am amazed at how long it has lasted me, more than a year, considering all the different uses I have for it.

All rounder blender

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

This blender serves all purpose for my family. An optimal size for 2 to 3 people with great blades and features. I have been using this for several months and find it useful for all my kitchen needs. It can grind bot wet and dry products so I don't need any other attachment. I have been using it to prepare smoothies, batter, milkshakes, juices, onion or tomato paste. Also I use it for grinding spices, nuts, rice powder, chilly flakes and other dry products. There are several options such as grinding, blending, grating, ice crushing and several more making it an all in one blender. It is a portable, handy, easy to store in your kitchen space and elegant blender perfect for small family requirements. And the most amazing part is that it is very easy to clean with detergent and water. Till date I have no complains with any of its functionality or any deterioration in its appearance.

• Versatility:

Great Blender even better for the price

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

My wife and I bought this blender about 6 months ago after we moved into our new home. We use it for everything from making smoothies out of ice and frozen fruits and to grinding up food for our 9 month old and it has not had a single problem doing that or anything in between and the blades are still as sharp as the day we bought it. It has plenty of speed options which goes fast enough and has enough power to do anything you could ever need, honestly if you can fit it in this blender it will grind it right up no questions asked. I am completely impressed by this blender. I would recommend it to anyone looking to buy a blender

Blending Power
Beyond enough blending power to do anything you could want

Versatility
Can chop up anything you throw in it

The bottom just unscrews and the blade and seal just pop right out. And super easy to put back together

Just push the buttons for the speed you want and it goes

We have used this to chop and blend everything from ice cubes and frozen fruits to carrots