3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

This is a blender that does the job, but is nothing special.

This black and decker blender is of medium quality. It is not a high end blender, however it gets the job done. Its good for making fruit smoothies or ice cream smoothies. The setting it includes is pulse, fast clean, grate, beat, liquefy, whip, blend, chop, puree, crumb, and stir. Honestly, I do not find that each of these functions really do anything different from each other. They all do a basic blend. There is an ice crusher option which really does work. You can make a smoothie using frozen fruit using the ice crusher, or you can make a smoothie with fresh fruit and use a the basic blend option.

o.k. but not great

Very mediocre

Each time I clean the machine I wish that the pieces came apart more. It becomes bulky in the sink. I don't know if i am not doing something right, but either way I find this machine a big pain to clean

It's a basic machine so its easy to use.

The machine has a sleek look. Mine is black, and sits on my counter next to other small appliances. It contributes to the style in my kitchen.

I have it over a year and it's in perfect shape.

I paid for this product?

The Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender is just horrible. It is cheaply made, it's basically all plastic. It's loud and wobbly. It quits working very quickly. Then there's the whole part where it started smoking while I was using it.

I bought this primarily for making smoothies in the mornings. It's basically all plastic. It's not high quality at all. The first time I used it I noticed how loud it was and it would wobble around everywhere. I didn't like using it in the mornings because it was so loud it would wake the others in my home up! It takes quite a while for it to crush up ice, which is amusing since it's supposedly the "crush master".

One time while using the blender it started smoking from the motor area. I wasn't blending anything that was difficult to crush, just frozen fruit. No ice or anything. I stopped using it for a while after that incident but needed it one day on a whim and it stopped worked half way through using it. I think the blender lasted 2 months and I was only using it a few times a week!

DO NOT buy this blender!

I paid for this product?

from Kansas

DO NOT buy this blender!

Unreliable

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

The blender stop mixing the second time it was used. It appears to overheat because if you let it cool for a while it will start up again.

Blending Power
Decent power when it runs.

Versatility
You get blend. I say 10 speeds but basically very one is just blend.

Very easy to clean, all pieces can be separated and washed separately.

Push a button, can't get much easier that that.

Basic blender design, nothing special.

Again seems to overheat frequently but I still am using it.

Get what you paid for.

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

The blender was good for a while but with less than 20 uses, half the buttons stopped working. When it was working properly it did take quite a while for it to blend up the ice for our smoothies. It would be nice if it came with a poker bar that could push down the chunks whiles you're using the blender.

• Versatility:

This is THE ONE AND ONLY Crushmaster that you will ever want.

from Old Lyme, CT

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

This is my 4th blender and will be my LAST blender thanks to Black & Decker. Where other blenders wimped out after a few battles with ice cubes, this one pulverized the cubes in seconds. My smoothie was smooth and my shake creamy. All completed in virtual silence. Look no further if you want a sturdy; efficient and quiet blender that is easy to clean and easy on the eyes.

Blending Power
Thorough and efficient. Very quiet.

Versatility
It blends; crushes; purees; and whips everything and everything.

Glass jar is easy to clean and dry.

Buttons are easy to read and do not stick like some other blenders. A word of caution to people with arthritis or hand weakness. The jar is very heavy. Use two hands.

The piece on the cover that comes off so that ingredients can be added is great for that purpose. However great care needs to be taken not to grab this piece when removing the cover. Easy t drop.

Very sturdy overall. Glass jar is heavy and will not crack like other plastic blender jars.

Black & Decker Crush Master Blender

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

I've had this piece of kitchen equipment in my house for about 6 years. I purchased it because I wanted a blender which would master the crushing of ice plus the delicate blending of cooked veggies into soup. It's biggest purpose for me, by far, is the making of home made smoothies. It copes with the blending of yogurt, milk, frozen fruit or ice cubes admirably. Cleaning up the machine means taking apart the glass top, lid, blades, rubber seal and plastic holding cup which does take a few minutes if you want a good job doing. There is apparently a 'fast clean' button on the machine which, to be honest, I haven't used as I feel somewhat uneasy about taking the quick/lazy approach especially when my most common ingredients are all dairy and therefore potentially bacteria carrying. Other options are whip, liquefy, beat, grate, chop, puree, crumb and stir, but to be honest, I have tried these but I felt that the end result was always the same - totally blitzed ingredients! Blitzing, is what this piece of equipment does extremely well.

• Versatility:

Very good blender for a cheaper price!

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

We purchased this blender not too long ago when our older one broke down. I wanted something cheaper, it was around the holidays and I didn't want to spend a fortune on a new blender. We came across this blender and the price was very reasonable. Took the blender home and it worked very well and got the job done no problem! We love smoothies in our home, and it blends the fruit up perfectly. The older blender we had before this one didn't seem to blend properly and left us with chunks or having to completely start over with the blending process. We use this blender a few times a week and we love it! It's also very durable which is important when shopping for a blender. I recommend this product to everyone who needs to shop for a new blender but doesn't want to spend an arm and leg to get one, it's very reliable and for the money, it works great!

Blending Power
It gets the job done, I've never had an issue with the blending.

• Versatility:

I love my Black and Decker Blender!!

from Milo, IA

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

I really love my blender. It works really great. It is really easy to use and easy to clean. The buttons are easy to push and labeled so you know what you are doing. It has great power and I use it all the time. The cord is decently long so you don't have keep it in one spot on your counter. I love the pull out on the lid so you can pour more in while blending so that you don't make a mess or have to stop the blender. I love that it is so easy to clean. Although you do have to be very careful when you clean the blades but that is to be expected. And I love that it doesn't take long to work either. It is quick and easy. I love that you can put the top of it in the dishwasher. And it wasn't super expensive so it was definitely worth the money that we spent on it. I'm a bargain shopper and I don't like paying to much for anything so I was super happy to find this blender that was sold at a great price but works like a more expensive model.

Great Blender

from Harrisonburg, VA

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

I got this blender to puree berries to make jelly, to make milkshakes, and to crush ice to make slushies. So far, I haven't had the chance to make jelly, so I've only used it to make milkshakes and to crush ice, and it's done a great job. Some of the other reviewers had trouble crushing ice, but it's worked well for me. The key is making sure you have enough liquid and to put it into the blender before the ice. If the ratio of ice to liquid is off, the blender will have trouble crushing the ice, and you'll be disappointed.

I recently used a Kitchen Aid blender to make slushies at a party, and I actually found my Black and Decker to do a better job. My only complaint about this blender is that it can be difficult to clean if you don't rinse it out as soon as you're finished blending. If you're looking for a blender for occasional use and don't want to spend too much, this blender is a good option to consider.

Great!

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

This product is the best blender I have ever used!!! I used it for 6 years nearly everyday and it hasn't broken until last year. But it is pricier than the other brands but it is worth it. I got another on just like it. It's great for making spaghetti sauce, soups, baby food, smoothies of course, mixing if you are feeling lazy, juice, and the list just goes on and on. I love this blender so much! However, sometimes half the ice doesn't blend and stays stuck. Maybe that's because I tried to blend only ice. But otherwise it's fantastic. It's also not as noisy as other blenders. This is top notch and top line. Wouldn't want to spend my money on anything else. Also, this cleans easily like most blenders I've used. Just pour in warm water and dish soap, put the lid on, and blend it at the lowest setting until you think it's clean enough and then rinse. Super easy and you don't cut your fingers on the blade.

Disappointed

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Black & Decker Crush Master 10-Speed Blender:

I admit, I was expecting a blender that would last me for several years. I should have looked more closely at the parts. The big drawback, and what died, was the connection between the motor and the blade. In this model, it was a piece of plastic. The plastic broke, the motor lurched and mess ensued. Turned out the motor died at the same time so it wasn't even worth getting a new blade assembly.

This was replaced with an Oster which has a metal to metal junction between the blade and the motor.

Blending Power
IF you didn't put in too much ice at first, it would make a decent frozen drink. If everything was liquid, it did a good job.

The blender pitcher and blade assembly was easy to take apart and clean.

It was easy to use.

I liked the crush feature and that worked well at first. As time wore on, the motor would begin to complain about crushing ice. That happened within the first year. After that I would need to baby it to get it to do the crushing.