Other Juicers:
CJ525
Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer

Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer

Black and Decker Citrusmate: Great Juicing for a Very Low Price

Fresh- squeezed fruit juice is great for its health benefits and for its delicious, all- natural flavor. Juice can be extracted manually, but there are many electric juicers and one less expensive model that performs as well as its costlier cousins is the **Black and Decker Citrusmate, model CJ525**. **Juicer Commentary:**The Black and Decker Citrusmate is a small to medium- size small appliance. This juicer contains a one- liter pitcher to collect the juice and it comes complete with two different size cones: one for larger fruit and one for smaller fruit. The appliance takes up little space and it includes a cord storage wrap, underneath the juicer, to store the cord and release just enough of the cord to reach an outlet.

Black and Decker Citrusmate doesn't have an on/off switch. It powers up when you apply pressure on the reamer by pressing a piece of fruit down, to extract the juice. Once you release the pressure, the unit powers off. Press again, and it starts to turn again, in the opposite direction, maximizing the amount of extracted juice. **  **Black and Decker Citrusmate juicer is a very good juicer for many reasons and once you use this juicer a few times, you will understand fully why so many consumers like this small appliance and rate it so highly. It requires little effort to extract the juice and the reamer is just as effective as the more expensive juicers at sucking out every last ounce of juice. It works a little differently than some other juicers, due to the fact that you have to relieve the pressure to stop the juicer and make it move in the opposite direction. This is different, but it is simple enough and most consumers will have no problem following these directions.

Pulp is a concern with any juicer, and even though the Black and Decker Citrusmate has no pulp extractor (often found in the more expensive electric juicers), it still effectively collects the pulp and seeds in the strainer as you juice your fruit. Once the juicing is completed, you can scoop out the amount of pulp you like and add it to the juice itself. Some many not like this at first, but they will appreciate the lack of a pulp extractor when it comes time to clean up. In fact, the lack of bells and whistles with this juicer means fewer cleanups in the end, and this is another advantage of the Black and Decker Citrusmate. The pitcher, cone, and strainer need to be cleaned, but it is simple and all three parts are dishwasher safe. Storage is simple, too. You just remove the pitcher, pour out the desired amount of juice, attach the included cover, and place it in a refrigerator for future consumption. **Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**Black and Decker Citrusmate is a surprisingly good juicer that is offered for a very low price. There are other, more sophisticated juicers that offer extra features, but considering the performance and the ridiculously low price, this Black and Decker appliance is tough to beat.

Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer is okay.

Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer is okay, and can be a little messy. I wish they gave me more room for the title, so I can finish making my point. Anyway, it's a cute and simple design and it does work. The problem is that it is kind of messy. When I use mine, mostly for "limes and lemons"; I get some of the juice on me, which is kind of a drag. I like the way that this juicer will hold a lot of liquids in it. When I want to make mix drinks using juice this juicer makes it fun. It's pretty good at getting the juice out of the things you want squeezed in a quick fashion. It has “adjustable pulp control, strainer and stirrers” too. It tries to catch all of the juice, but it doesn't catch the juice every time. It really depends on what you are putting in this juicer. The less hard the fruits or vegetables... The better it will work. The design is simple because when you use it, you can see what's going on. It comes in a "small to medium" size which is nice. You can find a place in your kitchen for it, almost anywhere. I think the price is a little high for what it will do for you in the end. If you can get it on sale, then the price is fair. I don't like how noisy this juicer can be though. I give the "Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer" a "5.5" on a scale of "1-10". So if you're going to use this juicer on simple and not too hard items, you'll like it. I only give it (3 STARS) because of the reasons I listed above.

Black & Decker Handy Juicer

from Flint, TX

Comments about Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer:

I just wanted a small, easy to store, easy to clean juicer to try before I spent a lot of money on another high priced advertised juicer. I really like Black & Decker products and saw this smaller juicer and decided to buy it. It has done all that I expected it to do in the form of juicing fresh lemons, oranges and limes. I use it to make lemonade and limeade as well as orange juice. I also make a very refreshing cantaloupe drinks where I had to shred the cantaloupe with a fork before mixing with other items. I now can do it with the handy juicer. It works fast and the clean up is just as fast. It probably cannot do all the juicing that higher priced juicers do but for the reason I bought it, it has been a great product for me. I probably use it at least once a week to make fresh juice especially in the summer time. Mainly, it works well and it is so small that I don't have trouble storing it when not in use.

Good Product for price

Comments about Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer:

I always tell people that I love "my little juicer." I dont feel like I need a big fancy juicer to make my orange and grape fruit juice in the morning. This juicer does a nice job of getting all the juice out of my fruit, and while I think it is best for simple citrus fruits without too much pulp, I have never had any problems with it making delicious juice each and every time. it is easy to clean, and feels really durable...it has even survived a few falls from the high cabinet it lives in. Sometimes I wish I had a juicer that I could use to add carrot juice to my drinks, but for a simple juicer in this price range, you really can't go wrong.

Great economic choice!

from Middletown, OH

Comments about Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer:

My family and I became slightly health conscious last year and read up a ton on making juices and what not. We purchased this to try it on our own. The reason we selected this one is because at the time we didn't have the money to invest in a pricey juicer and just wanted to give it a try. I find that the product does its job well. The container isn't too large and it fits well in our small kitchen. The only issue I have had is making sure to keep it cleaned up so that it doesn't become sticky. I also don't let my kids mess with it. We have used it quite a few times since buying it and overall I'd say it does a great job and would be the perfect starter juicer for anyone wanting to try one out.

Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer is okay.

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer:

Good enough if your not the serious into juicer

from New Baltimore, MI

Comments about Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer:

Black & Decker Juicer is okay in my opinion. It's good for a person who wants to start out trying juicing. I found it very messy and the clean up is very hard. Not all the mess stays in one place some leaks out and makes it messy. I would recommened this to a beginner juicer such as myself. The price is good compared to the high tech juicers and it does do a good job but overall I will be upgrading to a better product one I get my use out of this product. It is small enough to place into the cabinet so it doesn't stay out on your counter top. The clean up is kind of messy so make sure you clean it in the sink to avoid a huge mess on the counter. I found that it works best with oranges and apples.

Great Juicer!

Comments about Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer:

I bought this juicer when I first moved out on my own and have never regretted the decision because the quality of juice that can be made with this product. With some good oranges or lemons you can make high quality juices. This product is also very easy to use and clean.

LOVE IT!

from New York, NY

Comments about Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer:

Nothing like freshly squeezed cold orange juice on weekend mornings at home and that's what you get from the Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer. It is a nice white kitchen appliance with a nifty feature that allows you to squeeze the orange one way and then the other, thus extracting maximum juice from the rind. Container is about 32 oz, so you can squeeze a lot before then removing the juice and squeezing more. It is easy to put together, clean, dry and re-use. A relatively inexpensive item that delivers so much value and health benefit. Also great for parties and brunches at home with family and friends. Only, it can clog if your orange is pulpy but otherwise, with non pulpy citrus fruits, it works fine.

Nice product!

from New Portland, ME

Comments about Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer:

I do like fresh citrus juice and it's a nice treat to have as a family and this product delivers. It is easy to use and the container is fairly large so you can gather up a lot of juice. I have several products from Black and Decker and their service is always remarkable. Recommend this easy to use product!

Works Decently

Comments about Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer:

I Bought this blender a while back and it's decent although in requires much effort to completely drain the fruits of their juice. Although the quality of the product isn't very good, and is cheaply made, it can get the job done as long as you put in the extra time to completely juice fruits.

it works

from Little Rock, AR

Comments about Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer:

the citrus juicer works but the motor is not so strong , it will take a little longer to extract juice. But for this price and for those who don't use it regularly can buy it. It is also easy to clean and the clear container is helpful to see how much juicer it extracted.