Other Coffee Makers:

Black & Decker Brew 'n Go Personal Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

Coffee, tea or just hot water...Brew it and Go

I'm not a regular coffee drinker, nor am I entertain enough to friends who are coffee drinkers. So it eludes me how I ended up with the Black & Decker Brew n Go Coffee Maker. Recently though when a babysitter had asked if we had a coffee maker, we dug this one out of the basement and I'm actually glad we found it down there. I don't use this often though I think it's a good idea for coffee lovers on the go as it runs quickly and is very simple to use. It could be set up the night before, push the lever and boom there's your coffee for the morning. The machine saves me a little cash on the weekends when I can make my own specialty coffee as well.

Brew Performance
I originally used the Brew n Go when I was drinking tea while nursing my baby. I was able to take the loose tea and place it in the filter and brew it quickly. I found with tea that I needed to run the water through the machine twice to be able to get a full flavor for the tea. I have since used the machine a few times for coffee and it works fabulously. I did also use the machine just for heating water. It literally takes a minute to run water through the machine which is just as fast as I can nuke it, yet it's hotter.

The filter was fairly easy to clean. I’ve used the filter with both coffee and tea. The tea was definitely easier to clean out. For the grounds though all I had to do was hit the piece on the trash can and then rinse it out.

The process is pretty simple in that all you have to do is place the cup under the spout, put your coffee in the filter, pour the water in and watch it go. Within a few minutes it's ready for you.

The B&D Brew n Go Coffee Maker is pretty simple and works great for someone who only needs a cup or two of coffee. What you receive is the machine, a built-in filter and two travel mugs. It is compact and can sit on my limited counter space without being in the way.

Decent coffee, dependable

I wasn't really sure what to expect from the Black & Decker Brew 'n Go coffee maker. I normally don't associate Black & Decker with coffee, but I needed a small, inexpensive coffee maker for my desk at work. That turned out to be a problem as this coffee maker is far from quiet. And can be messy. I would recommend leaving this one for your kitchen or RV.

Brew Performance
The coffee maker brews a good cup of joe, but I highly recommend NOT using extra fine coffee because it will seep through the filter inside. Extra fine coffee grounds will go into your coffee maker and into your cup. Not a good combo.

My biggest complaint is how hard this is to clean. The filter tends to either overflow with grounds or allows grounds through the filter and into the coffee maker. Once the grounds are inside the coffee maker, clean up is NOT easy. Coffee grounds make their way into the water reservoir and the filter housing.

Once scoop of coffee, one cup of water. Simple.

Had mine for about a 4 months, but I do not use it everyday.

Simple, easy to use, good value for the price

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Black & Decker Brew 'n Go Personal Coffee Maker:

I really love this little coffee maker. If you want an alternative to the super expensive single cup brewers, this is it! My parents had one when I lived with them, and I loved it so much I bought one of my own when I moved into my own place. It doesn't have a lot of extra features, but that makes it simple to use and more cost effective.

Brew Performance
Great, but it doesn't use k-cups so there may be variances from cup to cup if you don't measure the coffee exactly every single time.

The reusable filter is super easy to clean, and there is no separate carafe to clean--just the mug!

Just one button to push and you're done!

Non-programmable, but I didn't mind that because it brews so quickly. It doesn't take up as much space as a regular coffee maker, which is great. It does not, however, fit taller style travel mugs. It only fits short travel mugs and brews one size cup only. When I needed a bigger mug I just brewed it into a regular mug and poured it into the one I wanted to use. No big deal.

This thing took a ton of abuse and just kept running! It had minimal moving parts, so there was a lot less to break! If my husband and I didn't drink so much coffee these days I would still be using it on a regular basis.

Good Coffee Maker

Comments about Black & Decker Brew 'n Go Personal Coffee Maker:

I received the Black & Decker Brew 'n Go Personal Coffee Maker as a gift this past Christmas. I am reasonable happy with it. I really like the travel mug that came with. It is a great size and fits into car cup holder with no problems. I am happy with the quality of the coffee that is made. Since I am the only one in the house that drinks coffee the Black & Decker Brew 'n Go is great for making just 1 cup. There are 2 things that keeps this from being a great coffee make. The first is the reusable filter. It is terrible to clean. I would rather have a regular paper filter that could be thrown away instead of gross coffee grinds to clean out. Yuck! The second issue is the way the water is poured into the top. The opening is rather small. This makes it difficult to pour the water in without spilling some. Neither of these issue will keep me from using the Black & Decker Brew 'n Go but they are thing to consider if purchasing one for yourself.

Review of Black & Decker Personal Coffee Maker Brew and Go DCM18

Comments about Black & Decker Brew 'n Go Personal Coffee Maker:

Overall the Black & Decker Brew and Go personal coffee maker is well above average and is well worth the price. This coffee maker is small and makes one cup at a time quickly with little mess and has held up well.

Brew Performance
This Black & Decker brew and go personal coffee maker is well above average in its brew performance. It comes with a reusable coffee filter and you just add a small amount of coffee and water and place your cup underneath and it brew quickly and well. You do have to make sure you do not put too much coffee in the filter or it will overflow.

The Black and Decker portable brew and go coffee maker is very easy to clean. The reusable filter just washes off and you can wipe down the coffee maker. Since it is black it also conceals some of the coffee drips.

The Black and Decker brew and go coffee maker is very easy to use. You just add a little coffee and some water and place your cup under the machine and it works quickly and easily. However, if you put too much coffee in the reusable filter, it will overflow.

The Black and Decker brew and go coffee maker is sleek and black and looks cool and modern and so its design is above average. It is also small and does not take too much room on the kitchen counter. It also comes with metal coffee cup with a lid that you can use when you travel.

This Black and Decker brew and go coffee maker is surprisingly durable since it is so cheap and so small. It has held up for me for the last five years.

Black & Decker Brew and Go Personal Coffee Maker

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Black & Decker Brew 'n Go Personal Coffee Maker:

Very nice, small compact coffee maker for one person. Works quite well and best of all, it's very simple to use.

Brew Performance
I mean it's a drip coffee maker and it works great as long as you don't want 12 cups of coffee in the morning to get you out the door. I simply add more or less coffee to get the strength of brew I want. There is no printed circuitry on this which I like. There is no need for all of the extra stuff when all you want is a cup of coffee in the morning.

Actually it's very easy. Pull out the filter basket and put in hot soapy water for a minute, rinse and you're good to go. I do recommend however running a mixture of vinegar and water through the maker every few weeks to keep it clean. That's a good rule for all coffee makers.

Put in water, fill the basket with coffee, shut top, turn on and that's it.

it's a very small coffee maker and takes up very little space. Great for a small house or someone with limited space. it looks good to me.

So far so good. I've used it about 100 times and it makes great coffee.

Decent coffee, dependable

Brew Performance

Once scoop of coffee, one cup of water. Simple.

Had mine for about a 4 months, but I do not use it everyday.

Fast and Always Fresh

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Black & Decker Brew 'n Go Personal Coffee Maker:

This coffee maker is easier to use and allows me to have fresher coffee. I used to drink coffee from a standard 10 cut coffee maker and I would typically brew about 3-4 cups at a time. The first cup was great, but the next couple were not as fresh or hot and also I often ended up throwing out some of the left over coffee.

I think it makes more sense to make a cup at a time. This coffee maker is great because it includes a permanent filter---no paper filters to mess with and it includes the coffee cup.

It's hard to make coffee because when you really want a cup of coffee you aren't thinking clearly and you are in a big hurry, so every second counts. It's nice to just scoop the coffee in and not worrying about paper filters. It's also greener to eliminate the paper and the used grounds can be put in my compost pail (it even smells good).

Also, brewing directly into the cup eliminates having to clean the coffee pot---which always seemed a pain to get really clean. It takes less time to brew a single cup too, so that's even more time saved.

QuickToEnjoy

Comments about Black & Decker Brew 'n Go Personal Coffee Maker:

This machine is extremely good for you that only want a single cup in the morning. It's easy to assemble to get the best brewed coffee in very short time. Once the coffee is ready just gran it and leave. It's convenient. You sane time and it take very little space in your kitchen. It is small enough to have one available in a small space of your office. Excellent product. This is the second one I have bought. The first one last more than 7 years and since them started to look to buy another one. The price is definitely very affordable and is worthy for all the benefits you will have. I very much recommend this machine. It is very convenient for travel, for small spaces, for student dorms and for office. Definitely it is a great option for gift, specially to those coffee lovers. Don't hesitate to grab one from your closer store. You won't be disappointed.

Brew Performance
Defensively the best and easy machine ever.

best thing ever

Comments about Black & Decker Brew 'n Go Personal Coffee Maker:

with this one cup; I can make one cup to go and that is it. I don't drink a lot of coffee and when I want some; I don't drink but one cup and the rest is thrown away and that is a waste of coffee. But, with the one cup coffee maker; I can just make one cup and nothing is wasted. I would recommend this product for anyone who just drinks one cup of coffee. This is the best thing that anyone could have invented. It is an ease to use and it is easy to clean up. There is no mess and best of all, you get to take the coffee with you in the travel mug that you get with it. What more could anyone ask for.

Brew Performance
Get it set to turn on and that is it. You can almost smell the coffee as soon as you turn it on. There is nothing like the smell of fresh brewed coffee

This is so easy to clean. There is not a whole lot of cleaning that is needed and it doesn't take long to clean. I love that.

It is so easy to use and you don't have to worry about messing up.

I love the design and there isn't nothing more to say about that.

• Brew Performance:

Well worth the small price tag

Comments about Black & Decker Brew 'n Go Personal Coffee Maker:

I really love this coffee maker. With a house full of kids, I just fill the cup with water, empty it in the coffee maker, put in my pod, slap the cup in and hit start. Quick, painless and delicious. I am buying one for my dad for Christmas for his daily commute as well. Can't beat it!

• Brew Performance:

Simple, cost-effective, and eco-friendly brewer

Comments about Black & Decker Brew 'n Go Personal Coffee Maker:

I broke down and bought this far-less-expensive single coffee maker after our second Keurig big the dust. We were not enthralled with the expense and waste of using the plastic pods, anyway, but, as my husband and I start our mornings hours apart, a single-cup brewer was necessary. So far, so good. We have had no issues with the machine, and it works well as a coffee maker, or for brewing tea. It is very easy to clean, as well.

Never any problems.

You can't just throw a pod away... but, it rinses clear in seconds.

So far, it has lasted longer than either of our Keurigs did. We shall see...