Other Waffle Makers:

Black & Decker Belgian Waffle Maker

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

It's a really great waffle maker the best I ever bought

- Non-stick cooking surfaces

- Cooking Area 7"

- Chrome exterior won't discolor; wipes clean

- Cuts waffle into 4 segments

- Easy to Clean!

- Ready light signals when preheating and when waffle is done

- Cool Touch Handles

I just love the Belgian Waffle maker. The Non-stick surface really works great.I also love the cool touch handles they really work. It's also really easy to clean. I just bought my dad one and he really loves it. You should go get one it's the best Belgain waffle maker out there.

Hinge fell apart

Purchased this on Saturday -- when I "conditioned" on Sunday the two pastic tabs protecting the hinge simply fell out and could not be snapped back into place.  This unit replaced another Black and Decker model that lasted 3 years before heat caused the handle to break -- the previous unit made nice, crispy waffles when the light went out but this new model did not -- waffles had to bake for an indeterminate amount of time to get them crispy and brown (versus light colored and soggy) -- this was a tremendous disappointment -- also, the insert in the package says not to take it back to the store but to call B&D -- why would I do that?  I, most assuredly, want my money back not some attempt to force me to keep this unsatisfactory appliance.

gooooooood

from Egypt

About Me Rarely Cook

Pros

• Adjustable
  • Consistent Results
  • Fast
  • Non-Stick

Cons

• Difficult to Clean

• Whole Wheat Batters

More remarkable Bs afraid Cleaning

Great waffle maker

from Utah

Comments about Black & Decker Belgian Waffle Maker:

I love this waffle maker. I enjoy having good waffles for breakfast, but I had not been able to find a good waffle maker for our house until I found this one. I have greatly enjoyed using it, and we have not had any problems with it. I would highly recommend it to anyone for home use.

The plates do not remove from the waffle maker, so they are a bit more difficult to wash. But if you use nonstick spray (which is highly recommended so that your waffle doesn't pull apart), then cleaning the waffle maker is very easy. It only needs to be wiped out with a wet rag and it will come clean.

Nonstick spray is highly recommended, and it can take a little while to find out how much batter makes a fluffy waffle without overflowing the maker. But once you find the right amount, then using the maker is very easy.

We have not had our waffle maker for more than a few months, but so far it has held up,well without showing any signs of breaking down.

Black and Decker Belgian waffle maker

from Denham Springs, LA

Comments about Black & Decker Belgian Waffle Maker:

The Black and Decker Belgian waffle maker is our current waffle maker. I love making waffles on this easy to use waffle maker. The pockets on the waffle are not deep enough in my opinion to call it a Belgian waffle. The waffle maker uses red and green lights to let you know when the waffle iron is heated and when the waffle is done at the users setting.

Waffles come out of the waffle maker cooked evenly and thoroughly.

Settings/Features
The Black and Decker Waffle maker has very basic features and settings. The waffle maker has a sliding cook temperature. You can adjust to really light to dark and crispy.

The waffle iron can be hard to clean because the cord. If you make sure to use a oil spray on the iron element before you put the waffle mix in it makes it much easier to clean.

The waffle maker is easy to use. You simply scoop enough waffle mix out and pour onto iron leaving room for spreading.

This waffle maker has lasted us a year so far.

• Settings/Features:

This is a great product!

from Elizabethton, Tennessee

Comments about Black & Decker Belgian Waffle Maker:

This black and dealer waffle maker is a really great product. My family loves to eat waffles, and after a little research, I chose this waffle maker. I have not been disappointed at all. It was a reasonably priced waffle maker, and alb tough it isn't overly fancy, it is easy to use (it came with clear instructions), easy to clean, and it makes evenly cooked waffles. My only complaint is that I find this waffle maker rather slow, and when you are trying to make waffles for five people that is a huge inconvenience. I would also like to point out that this black and decker waffle maker is very durable. We move ours around and store it at times, and it is still operating as if it were new, and I feel like any homes that include children will find this as a bonus! Also, make sure you research what store sell black and decker products prior to going to purchase this item because not all stores carry this brand. This waffle maker is a great purchase if you like to easily make homemade waffles!

Decent Waffle Maker for a Reasonable Price

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Black & Decker Belgian Waffle Maker:

This is an inexpensive no frills waffle maker. If you are looking for an easy to use, reasonably priced waffle maker, I would recommend this Black & Decker model. You can make large Belgium waffles very easily.

As with most waffle makers, things can get a little messy if you're not sure how much batter to pour in the first couple of times. However, the clean up is fairly easy as well. Waffles can come out a little over cooked if you don't pay attention the whole time. But, they are evenly cooked for the most part.

Settings/Features
There aren't any setting for this waffle maker. It's either on or off. This is why you have to watch it while it cooks. Don't want to over cook it.

This Black & Decker waffle maker is fairly easy to clean. I just simple a damp cloth and wipe it down after every use.

Extremely easy to use. Just plug it in, pour your batter, and wait for your waffle to cook. I'd just be careful about how much batter you pour in to avoid overfilling.

Durability depends on how often you use the waffle maker, it may last you a long time. I've had it for 2-3yrs. However, I don't make waffles everyday. Only once a week or so. u

• Settings/Features:

Hinge broke after second time using

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Black & Decker Belgian Waffle Maker:

There was a great deal at my local department store on kitchen appliances and I ended up picking up the Black & Decker Belgian Waffle Maker. This waffle maker looked good and felt very sturdy. My first attempt at making waffles with this device went well. I let the waffle maker warm up for about 10 minutes before I poured the batter into the divots and closed the lid. While cooking I noticed that the sides of the device was cool to touch, which was a blessing when I bumped into it by accident. My first batch of waffles came out fluffy and golden in under 2 minutes. Clean up was was surprisingly easy. I wiped away excess batter with a basic paper towel in mere seconds. The second time I made waffles was the last time I made waffles. The hinge that holds the top lid to the base nearly came off after I lifted the top in preparation to let it warm up. I was able to to make waffles, but the hinge did break when I left it in the upright position to clean. I definitely wouldn't recommend the Black & Decker Belgian Waffle Maker because durability is a major issue.

Excellent Waffle Maker

Comments about Black & Decker Belgian Waffle Maker:

This is a great waffle maker. I loved shopping for it because its price is comparable to other waffle makers, so you won't be paying too much. Oh yeah, it also works very well.

Works fast to get your batter turned into crisp waffles. I love how my waffles always come out crisp and doesn't have some parts crisp and some parts still cold and gooey. Gives a real even cooking.

Settings/Features
I like how easy it is to set how you want your waffles cooked. It's no problem at all to figure it out and I'm no expert in appliances or anything like that.

It's very easy to clean. I just unplug it and clean the inside with a wet sponge or even just a wet paper towel.

I like how easy it is to use. I just pour in the batter and wait a few minutes and we are done. No fuss at all just the way people need during those busy mornings.

I have never had a problem with durability with this waffle maker because it is built sturdy.

A great waffle maker

Comments about Black & Decker Belgian Waffle Maker:

I absolutely adore having this Black and Decker Belgian Waffle Maker in my kitchen. It is an appliance that is great to use and is easy to store. My daughter and I love making waffles together. Its a family bonding experience and I get to pass some fun recipes down to her. I love this particular waffle maker because it cooks so evenly. The waffles are never partially burnt or gooey in parts. I also love that this is an affordable appliance. I purchased mine for a great price and I use it often. It is a little difficult to keep perfectly clean but all and all I am really impressed with the durability. I do feel that this will last a long time and that it really does work.

I am so impressed with the performance of this appliance.

Settings/Features
Great features and settings.

Not that easy to clean, but worth the effort.

Easy to use. Even my young daughter helps me to make waffles.

Very durable.

Great, compact waffle maker

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about Black & Decker Belgian Waffle Maker:

I love this waffle maker mostly because of how small it is. It fits anywhere and you can make a waffle very quickly using it. I don't eat waffles that often, but I definitely enjoy them a couple of times a month, so I like to store it when I don't want to use it. I can easily fit it in a cupboard, or even a drawer, when I'm not using it.

This makes good waffles, though there are some parts that are usually cooked more than others. The waffles are pretty big so you really only need one to be a meal, which is convenient so you don't have to cook multiple times.

Like all waffle makers, it's not that easy to clean but it you spray non-stick cooking spray it makes it a lot easier to clean up, and if you don't overfill the machine with batter, there usually isn't anything to clean up.

It's a small waffle maker, and it's pretty durable. I've had my little cousins over and they've definitely played with it enough to put some wear and tear on it, but as far as I can tell there's nothing wrong with it and there's no dents or anything.

Don't buy it

from NA

Comments about Black & Decker Belgian Waffle Maker:

I purchased the Black & Decker Belgian Waffle Maker two years back. For the first three to three and a half months, the product worked perfectly. It was easy to use the waffle maker and since it was the first time I started using such a product, it was not tough for me to use it. I used to make waffles for my kids and they loved the taste. They used to keep asking for more waffles and I was very happy using this product which made my work easier. It was quite tough to clean the product after using it and had to struggle to remove the food pieces stuck in the edges and corners of the product.

After about three months, the hinge pins broke. I tried to fix them but I could not manage and gave it for repair to the shop from where I had purchased it. They kept it for a week and told me to come and collect it and apologized that the product cannot be repaired. They offered me to exchange the product with another one and so I thought to do the same as without hinges, it was useless to use this product.