Other Coffee Makers:

Black & Decker 8-Cup Thermal Programable Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

It's cool... not in a good way.

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Thermal Programable Coffee Maker:

Because this coffeemaker doesn't use a hotplate to heat the carafe, the coffee is never hot to begin with. The instructions tell you, instead, to fill the carafe with hot water first and let it warm up for 5 minutes. Then you will have a warm carafe to receive the hot brewed coffee and it supposedly stays warm because it's a thermal steel carafe. I tried this, and even though the coffee is a little warmer, it's still not hot as you would expect. There's no way anyone would go through the trouble of warming a carafe with hot water. I just wanted my coffee. This was disappointing as I was really looking forward to having a stainless steel coffeemaker. It functioned properly well but that's about it.

also very disappointed

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Thermal Programable Coffee Maker:

The first time I used the machine it ran coffee down the side of the carafe and created a huge mess. The reason for this is the design of the carafe, it has a twisting top (locked or unlocked) and after a few minutes it seals for some reason and the coffee doesn't enter anymore and just runs down the side. After this kept happening I placed the entire coffee maker in a large glass casserole dish to catch the coffee if it spilt. Then I just started sitting and helping it along every morning (you can hold down the release button for the lid so it doesn't overflow on the way in!). I ended up tying a string to hold down the thumb lever so the coffee would flow in freely but by that time the power button stopped working from being soaked in coffee. If that isn't enough to deter you from buying this, its true that it won't keep the coffee hot after you brew it. Buyers beware.

Brew Performance
overflows a lot.

lasted 2 mo.

Very disappointed

from Marcus Hook, PA

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Thermal Programable Coffee Maker:

This coffeemaker was reasonably priced but I guess you only get what you pay for. The coffee plate does not stay hot after the coffee brews and the thermal carafe does not keep the coffee hot. By the time I am done my first cup, about 15 minutes, the coffee in the carafe is cold.

I am very disappointed in this Black & Decker product and would not recommend it.

It is very hard to see how much water is in the reservoir.

Does not keep the coffee hot

Decent Coffee Maker

from Oviedo, FL

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Thermal Programable Coffee Maker:

The Black & Decker 8-cup coffee maker is the coffermaker I used throught my college years. It is a decent product. It worked awesome at the begining, but my daily use of this product has started to wear on it. I like how easy it is to use. I often would get everything ready in the evenings (coffee filter, water, coffee) and just have to push "on" when I woke up. It brewed fairly quickly, but was a tad bit noisy. I always knew when it was almost done because I could hear the steam whistling. The sound has got increasingly louder over the years. I like how the hot plate kept the coffee very warm for long periods of time. I would make one pot and it would stay warm for hours until my roommates and I finished it. One of the things I didn't like was that it frequently dribbled coffee down the side when I was trying to pour it into a cup; I'm not sure how to prevent this, and it was frustrating. The sleek design was also a big selling point. it looks nice sitting on your counter. This was an excellent product a few years ago, but I think there are better products on the market today.