Other Food Processors:
Black & Decker
FP1600B
Black & Decker 8-Cup Food Processor
Rca_2013_normal

Summary

Perfectly slice, chop, mince, mix and shred your favorite foods with the durable stainless steel chopping blade or the slice and shredder disk.

Black & Decker 8-Cup Food Processor

Pros

Cons

Good Value!

When I was looking for a food processor, I wasn't sure exactly what was a "must have" feature. I decided on this food processor because it was mid-priced and it seemed to have most of the functions of the higher priced processors. I just wanted a machine that helped me make salsa and other dishes quicker and I knew occasionaly I would use it to puree certain foods for my 8-month old. I've owned it for about 6-months and so far, it's a fantastic addition to our household. I was able to make salsa in 1/4 the time that it used to take. (I used to hand chop everything.) The feeder tube is a decent size. You still have to chop onions and other other vegetables that size into halves or quarters, but that doesn't take long. I put some chicken, celery, and carrots in it the other day from my crockpot to puree for my son. I added a little water and let it run for a while. It didn't degrade the food down to "baby jar" status, but it worked well enough for my son to eat the food without having any troubles. (He only has 2 bottom teeth at the moment.) When using the chopping blade, there are occasionally larger chunks that get missed somehow, but that usually isn't a problem for me. I just either take the chunk out and discard it or rerun the chunk through the machine again. It comes with a chopping blade, a slicing blade, and safety features. It has special locks that don't let you take the food container off the foundation unless you have unlocked the lid of the food container and you can't put the food container on the base unless the food container lid is unlocked. Sounds complicated, but once you get used to it, it's not a huge ordeal. It also has suction cup feet that keep it locked to the counter when the machine is running. I feel like this processor was definately worth what I paid for it. It wasn't all that expensive and it has helped my kitchen become more efficient.

Black and Decker 8 cup food processor gets the job done.

I purchased the Black and Decker 8 cup food processor in black because I was in need of a inexpensive food processor to aid in preparing meals for my family. I choose this particular one because it was the cheapest at the store I shopped at. It does and excellent job of chopping, making puree's, blending etc. It also does a pretty good job of shredding cheese. I've yet to use the slicer so I can't comment on that. I have really sensitive ears and I feel like I need ear plugs just to run this thing. It's ear piercingly loud. To the point that I've almost chucked it and bought another brand but being frugal I'll use it until it dies. If you're looking for a decent food processor and noise doesn't bother you then you'll love it!

The plastic piece that holds the shredding and slicing blade in has broken and it just doesn't work very well.

Strong food processor!!!

from Florida

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Handles Tough Jobs
  • Powerful Motor

Cons

• Mincing Meat
    • Mixing Batter
    • Soups

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Food Processor:

I bought my Black and Decker 8 cup good processor because my other food processor wasn't holding up to chopping nuts and some of the other tougher jobs.

It was a little more expensive than I wanted to at first but after bringing it home and starting to use it I was more than happy to pay the price for how powerful it is.

I mainly use it for mixing batter for cupcakes and cakes especially ones that involve nuts- as well as making soups and stews. It handles fruit, veggies, nuts and other stuff with ease.

The motor is poweful , and surprisingly quiet for how powerful it is. This is one of my favorite aspects of it , the close second being how easy it is to clean.

I would recommend this to someone who is looking for a heavy duty food processor that also works very well as a chopper and mixer.

It's a pretty good food processor

from Spring, TX

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Food Processor:

I would rate this higher except I wish it was a 10 cup instead of an 8 cup. When I make salsa or jam and I need to puree a whole batch it fills it to the top and if it goes above the lid line when it's turned on, then it leaks out which is really annoying. I don't like to have to do things in batches. Otherwise, it's a really good food processor. I read reviews on it and that's why we bought it. It has good attachments and things seem to fit together nicely as long as you remember exactly how they are supposed to fit. Then I like that there are just two speeds and it blends things up well. I like the suction cup base to keep it in place as well.

Power
    I think it's pretty good at getting things chopped.

Safety
    I like that it has the feed shield so you can put it in place when you turn on the processor.

Ease of Assembly
    It's hard to remember where you're supposed to start turning the base and then where the lid fits on.

Dishwasher safe! My favorite part!

So far so good, nothing has broken.

• Ease of Assembly:

The perfect food processor!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Food Processor:

I bought the Black & Decker 8-cup food processor two years ago, and I have been in love with it ever since. It processes everything I put inside perfectly. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a reliable food processor.

Power
    Considering the fact that this machine was made to process a lot of food, it has a ton of power. I never have any issues, no matter how much food I put inside of it.

Safety
    This food processor is very safe, and I actually would consider it the most safe food processor I have ever owned. The machine will not even start until the safety lock is in place and the lid is closed.

Ease of Assembly
    As long as you follow the instructions that come with it, you will have no problem setting it up.

This machine is actually really easy to clean. Most food processors I have owned were really a hassle to clean, but this one is quite simple. I just pop it in the dishwasher, and it's done.

I have owned this food processor for two years now, and I have not had any problems with it.

Great space saving processor

from Abrams, WI

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Food Processor:

I was given this as a gift, and it been my workhorse for mixing and blending. I typically use this when I need a mixer to cream butter and sugar and to make cookie or simple bread doughs. I also use it for my homemade salsa. I have an older 8 cup black and decker processor that takes up too much counter space and starts to have a burning smell when processing for too long or for making some doughs, so this processor was an upgrade that so far is working great. I can actually keep it on the counter for when I need it and so far it hasn't had any issues with the tasks I've used it for.

The cord holder is also a helpful feature for me, as I hate having to wrap cords around appliances.

So far, this has worked great for cookie doughs and simple bread doughs. I don't use it for kneading dough so I can't say if this can handle making regular bread dough. This processor isn't big enough for the yeast bread recipes I use so I would definitely recommend a bigger processor for anyone looking to use this for kneading/mixing bread dough regardless of the yield.

• Ease of Assembly:

Great for soups and dips

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Food Processor:

This little processor is excellent for creaming soups and making dips. Cleans up easily.

Safety
    If you overfill it, it will gunk up the mechanics. So pay attention to the fill line!

Ease of Assembly
    It is a little difficult to put together. But reading the directions and putting it together and taking it apart a couple of times is all you need to get the hang of it.

Everything but the base can go in the dishwasher on the top rack.

LOVE LOVE IT!!

from Coventry, RI

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Food Processor:

This food processor works great for what I use it for. I like to use it to make ice cream and it really does the job.... it just takes a little longer to liquidity the frozen banana and is a little loud, but otherwise I have no complaints. It also comes with a shredding attachment, which I have not, at this time tried out.

LOVE this food processor

from Reading, PA

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Food Processor:

I purchased this Black and Decker food processor at the beginning of the summer to help me in harvesting my garden produce. In the past, I had chopped/sliced/diced everything by hand but I am SO glad that I stumbled upon this food processor! It's made my food preparation go so much quicker and smoother!

I love how quick and powerful this little machine is! I've used both attachments - shredding and slicing! With both attachments, I've been very pleased at the job it's done! The processor is a little loud, but that is to be expected.

One of my favorite features is that it has suction cups on the bottom so it sticks right to the countertop or table and you don't need to worry about it tipping or shifting off the edge while in process. Everything comes apart/goes together very easily and it's also very simple to clean!

Lastly, I found this gem of a food processor at a VERY reasonable price! There were many food processors to choose from but I found this the most reasonable and it's a great quality for the price! Sure, it doesn't come with as many attachments as some of the more expensive processors, but it's perfect for what I need to use it for. If you plan to use it only on occasion - I think it will work great for you. I would highly recommend this product! You won't be disappointed!

• Ease of Assembly:

This appliance is a lifesaver!

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Food Processor:

This food processor is such a lifesaver in the kitchen. I'm a stay at home mom with two kids and a very hungry husband so I don't get a lot of time to spend on making dinners, lunches, etc. This gadget is my go to Kitchen prep tool. Not only does it puree chop, and blend. It also comes with a metal disc that shreds or slices vegetables and cheese. I've even shredded chicken with it. I had shredding cheese so if I can have a gadget that will do that for me, I'm sold. Highly recommend.

Power
    It gets the job done for sure. There are not any speed options to choose from just pulse and on/off , but honestly you don't need that. It works perfectly fine on it's own.

Safety
    I have never had a safety issue with this processor that caused any harm or injury. Common sense not to put your finger or anything while the blade is rotating.

Ease of Assembly
    It is so easy to put all of the pieces together and to disassemble.

My advice is always hand wash all parts, don't put in the dishwasher. The metal blade may start to rust and dishwasher may not clean it to your liking.

Very good food processor

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Food Processor:

I never really used food processors until I had my kids and would make their baby food in it sometimes, but not a big user. It was a smaller one. Then I started cooking more and making things like salsa and other foods so I wanted to get something a little bigger and worked better. I shopped around a little bit and read a few reviews before purchasing the black and decker model. Everyone said it was great and when I first used it, I loved it. It was so easy to use and was a lot more quiet than the last one I had. It really does a great job and helps me to get my kids to eat some vegetables. It's also extremely easy to clean and trust me I use it a lot. It is very powerful for chopping up food for the size of it. Don't be fooled by the price and think it is a cheap machine, it's definitely not. Great food processor for a great price. The way it's designed also doesn't make it hard to take apart so you won't have to worry when you want to wash it. I wouldn't let my kids use it, but it's as safe as a food processor could be.

Great product.

Comments about Black & Decker 8-Cup Food Processor:

This is just what I needed. I don't need one of those big food processors since it is just my husband and myself, and this is the perfect size. I had some smaller choppers, but got rid of them when I got this, it not only chops, it shreds and slices. I can do a whole onion without crying and make just enough salsa for two or four.

Power
    Pretty powerful, this whipped right through shredding two big zucchini's with no problem at all. It didn't get bogged down at all.

Safety
    The safety lock on it is a great feature. You can't take the unit off unless the portion with the blade in it is disconnected.

Ease of Assembly
    Very easy - you turn the bowl onto the main part to connect it drop the blade in and you just turn the lid to connect it. Super easy.

Super easy to clean - no hidden crevasses for food to hide in. Just be careful the blades are super sharp, which is what you want anyway.

I just bought this, but it looks really durable/sturdy and think it will last.