Other Toaster Ovens:
Black & Decker
Models:
TO1420B, TRO420, TRO480BS, TRO490B, TRO490W, TRO700B, TRO964, TRO355, TRO390W, TRO620 , TRO651, TRO700S, TRO4075B, TRO700W, TO1303SB, TO1313SBD, TO1373SSD, TO1303SB, TO1313SBD, TO1373SSD, TO1675B
Black & Decker 4-Slice Toaster Oven

Black & Decker 4-Slice Toaster Oven

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Certainly NOT just a toaster oven, that's for sure!

If I had to count, I have probably had 30 different toasters.  After years of replacing the white one with a black one because of it being too hard to keep clean, replacing the regular, for a wide slot, for bagels, switching to a 4 slot after having kids, replacing several due to the slide handle breaking, after a few of them just literally sparking, smoking and dying for no apparent reason....I said to myself.....why not try one of those nifty toaster oven thingies that have been out FOR YEARS!!!!! It would probably take care of all of these problems in one shot (provided I got a black one   :)  ).

So it was close to Christmas, and my Mother-in-law just loves to buy my husband and I neat kitchen gadgets (and usually expensive ones), so I dropped a hint...hee hee. Sure enough, that Christmas she bought us this awesome huge combination-toaster oven, rotisserie, convection oven thing. I have to admit, it was pretty cool! The 1st problem arose immediately. This thing was HUGE. Too big for a counter top, so we had to put it on a microwave cart. Then we found it difficult to clean. Then we found it hard to keep track of all of the parts (it came with two racks, a tray, several rotisserie parts). Then one day the spring mechanism on the door just decided to break and you couldn't open it more than two inches. Time for the next idea. By this time it was almost Christmas again. We told his mother that we did love and use the rotisserie, but still wanted a small toaster oven for the counter top for convenience. We didn't have the heart to tell her the thing only lasted a year. Low and behold, that Christmas she bought us the Black and Decker Toast-R-Oven...and the rest is history.

This is, honestly, an oven on your countertop! It does it all! It will bake cookies and cakes, it will roast a chicken, it will toast bagels and bread, it will reheat food...you name it, it will do it. It is not tiny, but just big enough to fit on your countertop, and fit things other than bread in it. It even has a convection on/off button to cook things twice as fast (most foods come with convection directions as well). It is VERY easy to clean, and has a crumb tray. It has 3 dials: a degrees dial, a timer dial, and a toast dial (light to dark). I have now had this model for two years, we must use use it 3 - 5 times a day, it still looks brand new, and WE LOVE IT! I HIGHLY recommend this product!

Not 100% Good or Bad

I had this identical toaster oven for about 6 months.  During that time, I could not ask for a better appliance.  I used the toaster oven with confidence because I trusted the company. Thought that I had made a good investment.

Not long after the 6 months had passed, I tried to use the oven and as I was turning the knob, it came off in my hand.  I could not believe that it would not go back on. The stem on the knob had cracked and split apart.  I called the customer service line, and they said they would send me a replacement knob free since it was not yet a year old.  That was good for me.  I was glad that it could be replaced.  However, the representative said that they had been having trouble with the knobs on that model and I was not the first to call them about it.  She suggested that I purchase a couple more knobs as spare parts when it breaks off again. Needless to say I was not happy with the suggestion.  I cannot see buying parts to repair an item before it breaks and especially for an appliance that is only a few months old.

I would suggest staying away from this model as I had no luck with it. I was really disappointed with the way the problem was handled.  By the way, yes another knob broke off shortly after I received the replacements in the mail..  Needless to say, I no longer have this toaster oven. I was not going to replace the control knobs every couple of months for such an expensive item.  The company needs to improve on this part of the toaster oven before they sell more of them.

why use an oven?

from Fort Lee, NJ

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Toaster Oven:

I live in an apartment without much counter space, so I thought twice as to whether or not I needed a toaster oven at all. I finally decided I did, and went for this Black and Decker model because it was very reasonably priced and seemed as if it would serve multiple purposes. I'm very happy I bought it as I've hardly used my oven since I bought it. Since there are only two of us, I rarely need a bigger space. I use this for pretty much all my oven needs - I make small meat loafs, cook chicken pieces, heat up leftovers and of course make toast!!! As far as the toast goes, I find it pretty easy to control the "doneness" using the knobs that control it. The controls I use most often are for the baking - I find it easy to set the time and temperature which makes it easy for me to "set and forget". It's easy to add time if I need to, but it's also easy to know I won't overcook things because I use the timer. All in all, I'm very happy with this product.

Excellent Toaster Oven

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Toaster Oven:

I got this toaster oven about three years ago, and I absolutely love it. You can toast four slices of bread at one time, and it does a good job. If you put only two pieces of bread in at once to toast, you get better toasting results. I have heated up leftover pizza in this, and I can usually fit two to three slices perfectly in it. I also use mine to cook chicken nuggets, which I put on the metal tray that comes with it, when my son wants to have chicken nuggets for lunch. It has bake, broil and toaster settings you can choose from when making different things. It also has a timer that can be set from 10 to 30 minutes, and has an alarm to notify you when it is done. I love the way it looks sitting on my counter, too, very nice. The crumb tray on the bottom is very easy to clean out as well. I am very pleased with this product and brand, and would highly recommend this item to anyone that needs or wants a toaster oven

Nice and toasty.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Toaster Oven:

My sister in law gave us this little toaster oven for Christmas. Since getting this unit I have used it in some way almost everyday. It works well without heating the whole kitchen and house. My son likes it for toaster pastries and such. I have all but forgotten my microwave since receiving this oven. I prefer to heat snacks and such in the toaster oven instead of the microwave. I notice a lot of things come out very soggy and wet more times than not. I have found that the temperature settings work well for normal baking as well as toasting as long as the item your cooking fits in the oven. I would highly recommend this toaster oven to anyone that was sick of microwaved foods or needed to cook and bake smaller dishes.

Even Heating
For such a small oven this unit heats and cooks very evenly, I was very happy with it's baking ability.

The oven is fairly easy to clean there is a crumb try in the bottem, to facilitate removel of any fallen food debris.

The design of the unit is my only real complaint it gets fairly hot on top and could be a danger to children or maybe some seniors.

Black & Decker 4 Slice Toaster Oven

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Toaster Oven:

I give this toaster oven a 10. When I think of Black&Decker I usually think of tools, but they really make some amazing gadgets to use around the house. I remember boring, old regular toasters. You could only make two slices of toast at once, and many times the bread would get stuck when coming out. This toaster oven is so versatile. You can make 4 pieces of toast at once, and there is a knob for changing the settings, so you can have it really toasted or just light brown. This is so much more than a toaster though. I routinely cook meals in this machine. I make thin sliced chicken breast, cinnamon toast, French fries, any types of frozen foods, and mainly to re-heat leftover pizza. I love how the outside is stainless steel so it looks modern and is easy to clean. The nicest feature of this in my opinion is the pull-out crumb tray. You can clean it any time, just pull it out, dump the crumbs, wipe it down and replace. I love this, so easy to clean! Great toaster oven and reasonably priced.

Eliminate the Need for the Oven

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Toaster Oven:

I used this toaster while awaiting my new stove to arrive. Every day for 7 days it prepared our meals, and other than being smaller than an actual stove (of course) I have nothing to complain about. I continue to use it now a couple of times per week when i do not want to heat the house up or when I am making something simple.

The toaster oven is easy to use and can prepare many different types of foods faster than what they would fix in the oven. The toaster oven is big enough to hold 4 slices of bread or a small pizza so the options available to you are endless.

There is a 30 minute timer on the toaster oven. This is a great feature because you will never forget foods again. And, thanks to the pull-out crumb tray the toaster oven is really easy to clean.

The foods prepared in this toaster oven taste great, they are easy to prepare and make life simple once again.

The machine is affordable to most any budget also,so this is definitely a perk that any shopper can appreciate.

Finally I like the size of this toaster oven. it is not too big, not too small, so you can make a variety of foods and easily store it on your counter with ease.

• Safety:

simple family friendly toaster oven

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Toaster Oven:

I always have great results with this toaster oven. One of our favorite things to do is toast our bagels in it and it also works great for all those other little things that just need a small space to cook or heat up.

Even Heating
After I set the temperature on this toaster oven it keeps a good even temperature inside throughout the whole time I am cooking or toasting something in it.

Safety
The simple design help my kids to know where they can tough and where they cant so this is really a family friendly safe model.

The smooth surface of this toaster oven make it easy to wipe down and clean when needed.

This particular toaster oven model is very durable and strongly made and has been with us for a long time.

I love the simple easy to understand design of this toaster oven model. The design is simple enough that even my kids can use it safely. All the buttons and settings are located conveniently.

• Safety:

Good product for the price!

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Toaster Oven:

I bought this oven on sale and to my surprise it works great. Though, it could have been a little more spacious, for the price this is a nice little toaster oven. It seems to heat very evenly and is easy to use. If you are looking for over the counter easy oven to work with, then this might be one. Nice, compact but perfect stuff. I love cooking with it and it is a great experience using it every time. Perhaps not for those who cook for a large family, it works well for a family of 2. I also bought one and gifted to my friend, she thanks me every time she uses it. If you are looking for a compact, over the counter, hassle-free, easy to clean oven, this might be one. Bake fresh cookies, pizza or whatever you can imagine doing in an oven. It won’t let you down and you will be glad that you bought one. I have this oven for over a year now, no complains yet and I do not see any problem coming soon. Will recommend it to my friends, best buy for the price!

Good Toaster Oven

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Toaster Oven:

I have been looking for a while for a toaster oven as an alternative way to cook. I don't like to turn the oven on for nuggets, or small things to cook and I don't like using a microwave unless I don't have any other options. So after much research we decided upon this toaster oven. We like the Blacks and Decker brand because they have been around for years and are trusted company. we felt the price of the toaster oven was very reasonable. It was smaller than we had expected. We were hoping for something a little bigger and will look for that with our next replacement purchase. The oven comes with a pan you can put items in, nuggets, corn dogs etc. You can also take it out and put the food directly on the grate as well. The oven has two different height settings. There is a light on the front of the oven that is red when the machine is on. There are also different tempeture setting for the toaster oven like there are for a full size oven. With this oven being on the smaller size it does not take up a lot of room on our counter. It fits perfectly in the corner. This cooks and toasts food great, we have had no complaints about that. The look of the toaster oven is very streamline and neat. The racks come out and this makes it easy to clean the bottom of the machine. Overall I would recommend this for someone looking for a small efficient toaster oven!

• Safety:

Perfect size for one, works well

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Toaster Oven:

Very nice little oven! We bought this mainly to reheat leftovers and find ourselves cooking in it a lot too. The smaller size is perfect for meals for one person.

We chose this model because of good reviews and are very pleased to agree with them. The unit is energy efficient and it also saves money by not having to heat up the big oven for small meals. It heats quickly and cooks evenly with very little fuss.

Bacon is a breeze and cooks perfectly in this oven, it's worth the price not to get splattered with grease cooking it on the stove. We've also baked chicken, pot pies, appetizers and cookies with great success. One thing to watch in this small unit is that it seems to reflect heat and bakes cookies in about half the usual time, so they might brown some.

The design is great, and it's very easy to use. It's also pretty, and looks nice on the counter. It's easy to clean as well, and spills wipe up beautifully.

• Safety:

Great price for a great product

Comments about Black & Decker 4-Slice Toaster Oven:

This is truly a great product for a great price. I use it all the time when I'm just cooking for myself or reheating food. There's no point in turning on the oven and making the whole kitchen hot or making a mess and having dirty dishes. It's very self explanatory and very easy to use. With just three adjustable knobs, anyone can figure out how to cook with this. Also comes with a very easy to use manual that gives you great tips for cooking in it.

Even Heating
I have cooked steaks, chicken and pork chops in this toaster oven. Every time the meat comes out fully cooked all the way through and it melts in your mouth.

Safety
This oven is super safe to use. I let my seven year old use it to make his toaster strudels.

The rack does come out for easy cleaning. I usually just wipe out the oven itself with a wet sponge.

This machine is heavy duty and works great.

It's not too big and not too small. It's the perfect size for storage. Also has just enough room inside of it to cook just what you need.