Other Toasters:

Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster

Pros

Cons

Great Toaster

When you think of Balck & Decker, what do you think of. Tools, wrenches, and..........toasters?!?!?!? That's right, Black & Decker even makes kitchen appliances. I bought this black toaster that matches my appliances a few months ago and have not regretted my purchase yet. This is a rather unique toaster, because I have NEVER seen a toaster with a "Cancel" button. It also has  "Bagel" and "Frozen" buttons. It has a nice, modern, and clean design that could work well in any kitchen. And its inside chrome color makes it look even better. The performance of this toaster is outstanding, and it has six settings numbered one through six, yet one of my favorite features of this toaster is when it self-centers and self-adjusts what you put in the toaster. Moving on to price, it was reasonably priced, or I wouldn't have bought it. And with the "Black & Decker" name on it, I knew I would be getting the quality I trust and needed.

Average toaster

I bought this toaster to replace my old one when it broke down. I found the added features of bagel toaster and frozen setting desireable so I took it home. The black color matched my kitchen, and it doesn't take up alot of room. The first time it was used it took forever to toast a piece of bread, so I was thinking that I got robbed. The second time around it sped up a bit. But when a bagel is put in, and the bagel setting used, it paid for itself. The bagel was toasted perfectly. I then tried the frozen setting, and had the same satisfying result. I give the toaster three because I really don't like the plastic casing, but the toaster works fine. I don't expect it last as long as a metal toaster but I will find out. If you want a budget friendly appliance this works just fine.

A product that everyone needs.

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

Everyone needs a toaster in their kitchen. This is a quality product and good choice for this kitchen essential. If you only need two pieces of toast this will serve you perfectly, but if you are preparing for a large party than it may not serve your needs. The setting are easy to understand. Whether you want to toast a thin slice of bread or a thick bagel, this toaster can do it.

Toasting Evenness
This toaster will get toast very even. It is everything you expect from a toaster.

Safety
It is a typically safe toaster. As long as you don't do something unsafe like stick a fork into it. Also the outside gets pretty hot so do not touch it.

It is very easy to clean. All you have to do it remove the bottom tray and dump it out in the trash.

This is a good, durable toaster that should last a long time as long as it is properly taken care of.

It is a pretty sleek design. It fits well into counter space and is not too bulky.

Decent Toaster

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

This Black & Decker toaster is very efficient for many reasons: It quickly toasts items, is very small and compact, evenly provides heat to the items being toasted, and is easy to use as well as clean. It's overall quality is great compared to most toasters. I owned it for over a year, but switched to another toaster recently- I personally like to have a four-slice toaster myself, but this definitely gets the job done and does so in a quick manner.

Toasting Evenness
Very evenly distributes heat to the objects placed in the toaster.

Safety
Never had issues with the safety of this product. Very easy to plug in and out of the outlets in any space.

Simple to clean because of its small and compact size. Quick and easy.

Looks sleek and high-tech. Sure to blend in nicely in any modern kitchen.

Looks sleek and high-tech. Sure to blend in nicely in any modern kitchen. The black finish may gather finger prints relatively quickly however.

Nice Toaster

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

My husband and I got this as a wedding gift and it works really well. It looks nice sitting on the counter and it is inexpensive. Also, it isn't very big, so it doesn't take up a lot of space and cause your counter to be overly cluttered. It's durable and very well made. It toasts the bread perfectly and is very easy to clean because of the tray. You can adjust it to toast your bread darker or lighter, which is nice because I like mine toasted dark and my husband likes his toasted lightly. And you can set it for toasting frozen bagels or bread. It has slots that are wider than the average toaster, which lets you toast bagels or buns. One downside is that the cord is very short, so you need to place the toaster fairly close to an electrical outlet. It even has a cancel button that will immediately eject the bread or bagel if you push it. That's nice for if you forget to adjust the darkness setting before you start the toast. I really love this toaster!

• Toasting Evenness:

It makes toast ... what more can I say.

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

The Black and Decker 2-slice Toaster makes toast and toast bagels. Not much can really be said about this toaster that hasn't been said about every other toaster. It doesn't do anything great and it doesn't do anything sub par. I have mainly used this toaster to prepare waffles and bagels. I find that different types of bagels have different cooking times and heat settings. A plain bagel cooks faster than a blueberry bagel for some
odd reason. When i first used this toaster it smelled like electricity burning, but nothing was on fire. I wasn't too concerned because my new television gave off the same smell the first couple of days and it went away. My only issue with this machine is that the power cord is in the front. It's not a deal breaker, but it's just odd placement for a power cord on any device. Besides that there's nothing else about this toaster I find bad. I would recommend Black and Decker 2-Slice Toaster to anyone looking for a basic toaster that does a good job.

Basic is Good

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

I love this little toaster. I don't know why necessarily as it is a pretty standard basic toaster. This toaster a must if you ask me, it's on the cheaper side and does it's basic duties well. Basic can be good why risk ruining it with more? Fancy features aren't needed with toasters.

Toasting Evenness
Bagels, toast, frozen french toast, frozen little pancakes or waffles, it evenly toasts it all on both sides. It all depends on how much time you have it in for as to if will come out your desired toasted and/or heated level.

Safety
This toaster seems safe enough, to me the safety of a toaster relies on the person using it too. Just don't stick your silverware in the slot and you'll be a-okay. I don't feel like this toaster will cause harm from being plugged in or such, though to be on the safe side I never have it plugged in when not in use.

I just turn this lightweight toaster upside down and the crumbs usually come out, easy as 1 2 3. If not a shake should get the job done.

This toaster is very lightweight so moving it under my counter is no biggie. It's simple modern design is charming in a cute little basic toaster kind of way.

Great for the price!

from Ponchatoula, LA

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

I got this toaster on black Friday and the price was a steal. I wanted a new toaster that only had two slots because my more expensive 4 slot toaster took up a lot of space and we rarely needed 4 slots.the size is perfect, it doesn't take up a lot of counter space. The toaster is basic with a few setting differences. It does seem to take a bit longer to brown, but that doesn't bother me

Works Well

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

This toaster works exactly as it is expected to. It's possible to lift the toast higher with the lever to get it out if you'd like. The cancel button is very convenient when needed. The bagel setting works well on warming the outside and toasting the inside. The crumb tray is very easy to clean; you just need to remove it, wipe it off, and slide it back in.

One thing that I noticed was that the first few times I used it, there was a burning plastic smell. However, after a few days, this never happened again. The only other complaint I have is about the cord length. It is very short, so I need to use an extension cord in order to leave it on my counter. Other than these two issues, I haven't had any other problems with the Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster T2560B. I would recommend this toaster as it is a great buy for the money you pay and works well enough for all your basic toasting needs.

Quality Simple Toaster!

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

I have had this toaster for about 1 year now. I found it on sale, which was great! I really like its durability! I usually eat toast every morning for breakfast, and this toaster gives me the perfect golden brown coloring every time! The settings on it are true to the food you have it set to. I like not having to worry about my bread burning because the timing mechanism is inconsistent. This toaster is made with quality materials and is very sturdy. I keep my toaster on the counter. I think it looks clean and elegant. I like the black exterior. This toaster is simple to use because it only has a few settings. This works perfectly for me. I don't like having to fiddle with multiple settings. Also, I am able to just wipe down the toaster if it gets dirty. The exterior is very easy to clean with a mild counter top cleaner. Black & Decker is a brand I trust. I also have one of their family-size griddles. I know when I buy a Black & Decker kitchen appliance that it will last and be reliable for a long time!

• Toasting Evenness:

Quality toaster at a cheap price

from Forest, VA

Comments about Black & Decker 2-Slice Toaster:

Before I even begin, let me say this: if you are one of those people who have a large family that must be out of the house at roughly the same time in the morning, do yourself a favor and get a four slice toaster. You'll be thanking yourself later. As for the product itself, it is nice for what it is. It has the stainless steel look accent where the knob is that would partially match your other appliances if they are stainless steel. If you really like to match products, I would recommend getting something totally stainless steel as this does not have enough to really match your appliances.

As for functionality, it works like you would expect a toaster to work. The bays for the bread are moderately sized. If you plan to be toasting larger items, I would suggest looking for something bigger. Otherwise this will work fine for your everyday needs. It's not the fastest toaster around in terms of how long it takes to cook, but it does get the job done.

• Toasting Evenness:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

i've changed my mind

Toasting Evenness
Toasts a bit more on one side than the other. Frozen waffles suffer a little with patchy toasting. Nothing so bad, though, that the finished food isn't "satisfactory" in taste. Leaves the very outer edges untoasted on fresh bread slices.

No issues at all.

Quick to empty crumb tray, brush off, and reinsert, but about 20% of the crumbs aren't captured by the tray.

This toaster model, purchased in 2010, has been used heavily and hasn't dropped off in toasting performance.

Not a magazine cover model, admittedly, but an attractive functional design. The black shiny plastic exterior dulls rather quickly with use and cleaning, but it's overall appearance stays relatively appealing for those not enamored with stainless steel accents and shiny chrome buttons.