Other Lawn Mowers:
Black Decker
SPCM1936

Black DeckerBlack & Decker 19-Inch 36-Volt Cordless Electric Self-Propelled Lawn Mower With Removable Battery

Pros

Cons

Best Rechargeable Mower

Comments about Black Decker Black & Decker 19-Inch 36-Volt Cordless Electric Self-Propelled Lawn Mower With Removable Battery:

This is the only self-propelled electric rechargeable lawn mower I was able to find. 36 volts has enough power to mow my entire property with power to spare. This is especially noteworthy since my grass is tough St Augustine floratam. Not having to store gas, get tune ups and worry about ethanol gas fouling the carburetor or spark plugs. And the propulsion has a variable speed control.

Okay Mower - Pros and Cons

My husband and I bought this mower because we had a house with a decent sized front and back yard. We own plenty of other Black & Decker products that we like, so we decided to give this mower a try. We like it well enough, but we don't love it. It does trim and cut, but the charge on it doesn't last very long - our lawn isn't huge by any standard, but we can't get through the full lawn on one charge. Our lawn was also very uneven, hilly, and bumpy and it was difficult to maneuver this mower around. It struggled to make it over some portions of the yard. I think it would have done better on a smoother, more even yard, but it didn't do great with a rougher terrain. And with a mower, a big thing for us is that its easy to handle and move and operate. One pro is that it is cordless, which is great, but I do think for the money, there is a better choice out there. It's not awful. It cuts grass - it does its job, it held up nicely with frequent use (several times a month), and it's fairly powerful, but if you have concerns about a yard that's a little rougher or large, then I'd consider looking around for a different one.

• Engine Power:

Dispointing - both in quality and in performance.

from Toledo, OH

I bought the Black & Decker SPCM1936 19-Inch 36-Volt Cordless Electric Self-Propelled mainly to do the trim and places that our lawn tractor could not do. I was very disappointed with this mower. First off it is very hard to maneouver even without the bag on it. It is light weight but it just doesn’t turn easily. Second the charge seems to die fairly quick, so quick in fact that sometimes I don’t have enough time to get all my trim done in my yard. The material that the body of the mower is made from is not very good either. I already have a couple of chips in it and I do not abuse it, the chips are from normal use. It has a small cutting path but since I got it to use mainly on trim work, I didn’t care that much about that. I like the fact that it is cordless especially since I do have a large yard it is very convenient, but I don’t like the short charge life. I have a lot of other Black & Decker products that I love so I was disappointed with this mower.