Other Leaf Blowers:

Black DeckerBlack & Decker 18-Volt Cordless Electric Broom Hard Surface Sweeper

Pros

Cons

• Handling:

Great power and performance for its size

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Black Decker Black & Decker 18-Volt Cordless Electric Broom Hard Surface Sweeper:

If you have a small yard or property, this is the product for you! It is light weight making it extremely portable and easy to carry and use. It does a great job at clearing the leaves and other fallen yard waste. I won't go so far as to say it makes yard work fun, but it comes awfully close.

Weight
This unit is extremely light weight. The light weight makes it easy to carry for any job and so light almost anyone can manage it. It makes doing this task much easier.

Overall, this performs pretty well. It does its job to get rid of smaller amount of leaves and debris. However, because of its small weight and size, it is limited in power and is really best for smaller jobs. For what it is, though, it performs very well.

Handling
This is easy to handle. It doesn't have any pull back or odd sensations and you can target the areas you need extremely easily.

This unit is extremely easy to get started up and then to operate.

This unit holds up very well. It comes on and off our shelves in the storage area without showing any wear and tear. It also holds up well to the occasional drop.

Great for small jobs!

from VA

My husband decided to buy the Black & Decker 18 Volt Cordless Electric Broom when he had went to the hardware store to get a large push broom for our driveway and porch. He saw the electric broom, and thought it would be perfect. I was skeptical at first, but I really like using it! It is so simple to use, you just charge it up, which doesn't take long at all - under 2 hours, and then you can just grab it and use it when needed. It isn't super powerful, but works great for blowing off the porch and grass clippings from the drive way. It is really lightweight, and easy to handle. It isn't super loud either. And like most Black & Decker products, it is really durable. I honestly cannot tell you how many times we have dropped it, and it still works and looks perfect. We have had the electric broom for over a year now, and have had zero issues with it, and the battery stays charged up just as well as the first time. And it will stay charged for at least an hour of continuous use, weeks with very limited use. It was a great investment.

Powerful But Lightweight

from Va

I found myself over doing it physically when I did our yard considering I have lower back pain. I would sweep our driveway and wrack the leaves after mowing the grass with a push mower. My husband bought a Black & Decker Cordless Sweeper to help make my life easier and it really has! This blower is lightweight and is cordless. The battery charges in a few hours and will last all day to clear off the porch, sidewalk, driveway and yard. I find it easy to handle this small blower and love that it is cordless. I can literally grab it when I need it, push the large on/off button and get to blowing! This particular model of sweeper is not loud at all, I expected it to be loud but I'm able to talk over it in a loud voice when I'm outside with my children. I use it a lot on my sidewalk and driveway after I have mowed grass to sweep everything from dirt to grass off of the hard surface. It is so powerful that it clears inbetween the cracks in the sidewalk and I never have to lift a broom to clean. I think this is a perfect blower for people like myself who aren't strong and have back problems where it limits you physically. This blower has helped me tremendously on keeping my yard clean and beautiful!

Weight
Very light weight and easy to use.

Black & Decker Cordless Electric Broom Sweeper

We purchased this little piece of garden technology over a year ago now and we use it for all sorts of purposes. Clearly it is a great garden sweeper and leaf blower but it is also great at sweeping out the garage of dust, spiders and webs, leaves, bugs and litter all of which blow through the holes surrounding our garage door which over time becomes less flush with the door frame. My husband has also used it in the house to blow dust off the ceiling fans which we can't reach so well. It is a nifty and lightweight piece of equipment which charges up beautifully when placed on the electrical charging unit. We have this attached to the garage wall so it doesn't take up any floor space and it hangs neatly on the wall charger as well as any cell phone on it's charger. It's mighty powerful in the force of air it blows out, I can't imagine you'd need anything more powerful around the average house. I would thoroughly recommend the product as since we purchased it, it's needed no maintenance or expenditure.