3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

Black and Decker cofffeemaker-- so good to wake up to!!

I had the smaller model before, but I kept having to make two pots in the morning, and there just isn't time for everything, so the old, small model had to go! I purchased this one almost 2 years ago and have been extremely satisfied. I like pouring the water and adding coffee grounds the night before, then setting the timer and getting up to fresh brewed coffee. A word of experienced wisdom: You have to add te fresh coffee grounds if you expect coffee. I emptied the coffee strainer, put it back, poured the water, set the timer... And, woke up to fresh brewed hot water.

However, the Sneak-a-cup feature is really nice so that you can take a cup before it finishes brewing. If I get up at the same time the coffeemaker starts brewing, I can sneak a cup before getting in the shower and starting my day. It shuts off automatically, which is one less thing I have to remember when leaving the house in the morning (while I am trying to remember two children, all that they need for their activities and my own stuff). However, it would be nice to have a weekend button so that I can have hot coffee all morning on Saturdays and SUndays when I donot have to be anywhere and can sit at home drinking coffee to my hearts content. The measuring markings are very clear and have not come of fin the dishwasher, another big plus. The coffee pitcher comes apart for easy clean up. And, it can be easily put back together.

I do not have the carafe feature, which means that once the coffee maker shuts off, I either have to microwave it or re-brew it. And, it does need to be cleaned when the blue cleaning light goes on. It will eventually quit in the middle of brewing and then stop working if you do not clean it. It is a bit difficult to put water into the reservoir. Sometimes it comes back out and spills all over. And, I am not exactly sure about what to do with the charcoal filter that is in the reservoir. I know it is supposed to be changed every so often, but that is about all I know about it. And, I am not exactly sure where to purchase replacement charcoal filters to fit inside the filter holder that was included with the purchase of the coffeemaker. I felt the instructions were a little vague in that regard.

It is a little gaudy sitting out on the counter, but it does fit well sitting on the counter beneath the cupboard, except when you need to fill the reservoir, then it needs to be pulled out so the top can be opened. Once the reservoir is filled, it can be replaced.

Leaks like crazy when you try to pour water into it...

I bought this product to replace a very expensive model that broke and I didn't have to money to replace.  I had come very spoiled with my old coffee maker and this one just can't compare to the quality of the other one.

Anyway, I went this  model because I liked the features it offered and it was cheap.  As far as brewing goes, it works great. I really like that it's programmable, I love waking up to coffee already brewed and waiting for me! I like that it has the "sneak a cup" feature, this is great when you really need that first cup of coffee. The automatic 2 hour shut off is great because I am very forgetful and would leave a coffee pot on all day if it didn't have automatic shut off.

What really makes this coffee maker a 2 star product is that when you go to fill the reservoir with water, the water runs down the sides of the coffee pot and makes a big mess. This is super frustrating, especially when your half asleep and need your coffee, no a mess to clean up.

I thought I was the only one that had this problem, but I see that others have this exact same problem so I know it's not me..lol.  Black and Decker needs to redesign it's pot so that when you pour water into the reservoir so it doesn't run down the side of the pot. I've only had my coffee maker since mothers day and I'm already looking forward to getting rid of it as soon as possible.

Black and Decker Coffee Maker

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Cons

• Everyday

Comments about Black & Decker 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This coffee maker brews some delicious coffee.

This is the perfect coffee maker!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Black & Decker 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I honestly have owned so many coffee makers in my lifetime, but this one truly is my favorite. Last year when my old coffee maker broke, I purchased this Black & Decker 12-cup Programmable coffee maker at Kohl's. It was cheaper than most of the other coffee makers there, but I gave it a shot anyway. I am so glad I did. If you are looking for an inexpensive and reliable coffee maker, this is the machine for you.

Brew Performance
    Whether I choose for the brew to be strong and dark or weak and light, it always comes out perfect and steaming hot every time.

Like most coffee makers, it is not the easiest task to clean, but it is definitely easier to clean than most of the others I have owned in the past.

This coffee maker is easy to use as long as you actually follow the instructions that come along with it.

It is simple, and it matches everything in my kitchen.

I have owned this coffee maker for a year now, and I truly have not had any problems with it at all. It's strong and sturdy, and that is what I like most about it.

Set! Ready! Drink!

from Mccomb, MS

Comments about Black & Decker 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I use this percolator everyday. I love that I can make just enough coffee for my husband and I or make a full pot when we have guest. It is easy to clean and measure. The programmable feature is great in that I can wake up to the fresh aroma of brewed coffee! It also turns off after a reasonable time so there's no fear of accidents or coffee 'gravy'. The only problem I have with this percolator is that, unlike my husband, I prefer my coffee hotter than this maker keeps.

Perfect for Large Groups

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Black & Decker 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This programmable coffee maker is capable of preparing 12 piping hot cups of coffee at once, making the machine a great choice for large groups, big family and those who really love their coffee.

The coffee maker is stylish and sleek, equipped with all of the latest technology and features that you want, minus the expensive price that you do not want to pay.

It is easy to use, and since it is programmable you can easily set it to prepare your coffee before you get up in the morning if you want. The coffee this machine makes tastes great, and you c an always select how strong you want it to be.

The feature I love the most is the sneak a cup. When you just don't want to wait for the entire pot to finish brewing you can pause the action and pour yourself a cup.

There is a alarm that alerts you to the coffee brew being done, and an auto-safety feature that shuts the machine down after 2 hours.

All in all this is a great coffee maker worth your money.

Gets the job done

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Black & Decker 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This coffee maker did a pretty good job for 2 years. It got the job done while we had it and the coffee tasted good.

Brew Performance
    The coffee always tasted great. There were no issues with the taste or the timing.

The filter and the pot were able to go in the dishwasher. I took a rag and wiped down the rest of the machine and it was clean.

It did take a few goes but after you figure out the programming was simple.

It was a cool looking coffee maker. It looked nice and it went with the rest of my appliances in my kitchen. The neat thing was the filter. You do not have to buy filters it has one in it already. You can take it out and clean it too. It suggests that you do clean it every so often.

The only down side to this coffee maker was the fact that it only lasted for 2 years. It was working fine all along and then all of the sudden one day it would not pour the water through the coffee grounds. I turned it on after putting the grounds in and it nothing, just stopped working.

It Makes Coffee!

Comments about Black & Decker 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

We received this coffee maker as a gift for our wedding. Neither of us are big consumers of coffee, but it's nice to have on the rare occasion that we do or if we have company over. We haven't put it through any heavy duty use, but the few times we have used it, it does exactly what it's supposed to... it turns water and grounds into coffee. What else could you ask for?

Brew Performance
    Coffee is made easily and quickly. The quality of the coffee of course depends on what brand of coffee grounds you buy.

Not much cleaning required. The machine itself never gets dirty, since you're just putting clean water into it. The chamber that contains the filter can be wiped out easily with a paper towel. The pot is glass, so just stick it in the dishwasher, or rinse it in the sink and you are all set.

Put in water, filter, and coffee grounds, press the "On" button and make coffee. Very simple.

It looks and acts exactly like a coffee maker. The design is classic, exactly the way it should be.

We haven't put it through its paces, since we are not avid coffee drinkers, but so far so good. We've used it about a dozen times and it still works. Take it for what it's worth.

Very Useful Coffeepot!

Comments about Black & Decker 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Nice price point and easy to use. This product is from a trusted household brand name. It is dependable and reliable without breaking the bank. This is an easy to clean coffee pot and I like the way it looks on the countertop. However, the pot does drip a few drops of coffee when pouring a cup of joe. This is the only complaint that I have for this product. All in all, a very good, dependable, affordable product. I drink coffee every morning.

• Brew Performance:

Easy? Yes! Affordable? Yes! Long life? Sorry!

Comments about Black & Decker 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I shopped carefully for a coffeepot that would not take a rocket scientist to operate. Something that would fit are tight budget and still be a name I could trust. I really thought I'd found it in this product with it's programmable option, brew stop convenience, and a well known company name. It lived for six months before major brewing problems started, like taking 1/2 hour or more to complete a single pot!

Brew Performance
    Initially I was satisfied with this products performance. I was not long before becoming very regretful of my purchase. The maker just went from a regular brew cycle to taking upwards of 1/2 hour to brew a single pot in six months.

The pot stained permanently within a month. The filter/coffee holder is deeply grooved requiring much more than a standard kitchen sponge to come clean.

I will give it an A for simplicity. I really liked the option to program for brewing time,then we had our first power outage and could never get the clock to reset, so no clock, no programming!

This coffee maker is a nice sleek design for it's price point. I did like having a digital clock, until it quit working at month two. It's silver and black finish was really smart looking. It's only drawbacks in design are A: the pot is not very good at giving an easy pouring experience. & B: The grooves in the coffee basket are so deep that ease of cleaning was an issue.

So disappointed in the longevity of this product! Six months lifespan is way less than was expected from this Brand name company!

Another badly designed product

Comments about Black & Decker 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I used to really like Black and Decker Coffee Pots. I had two that performed well. However my last two have not including this model: Black and Decker 12 cup programmable coffee maker DCM100B. Like my last poorly performing Black and Decker Coffee Maker this coffeemaker requires the filter basket and pot to sit perfectly together otherwise the coffee perks and fills in the filter basket and never pours into the glass carafe and then the water and coffee grounds overflows out of the filter compartment all over the coffeemaker, carafe, filter basket and countertop. The coffee maker looks nice and is very affordably priced and has plenty of features. Too bad it doesn't perk coffee correctly. My experience has been in order for this pot to function correctly I would have to stand and hold the pot together with the filter and coffeemaker until the coffee brewed start to finish. Who has time for that? Not me.

• Brew Performance:

Great deal for the money

Comments about Black & Decker 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I still prefer the 12 cup drip machines over the single cup at a time (K cup) coffee makers and this one suits my needs perfectly. Great tasting coffee, brewing time is quick and looks good on my counter top. It is easy to operate and easy to clean.

Nice modern design.