3.9
Bissell
Bissell Velocity Bagless Vacuum

Bissell Velocity Bagless Vacuum

3.9

Bissell Velocity is a plus!

from Oakland, CA

Comments about Bissell Velocity Bagless Vacuum:

I bought this Bissell Velocity vacuum about 4 years ago and it still runs great. I am satisfied with this product and in the future (if this one ever goes out) I would probably get anout Bissell. The plus for me is that it is so easy to empty out the dirt and just continue on, no need for vacuum bags or any of that. I also like how the hose is so long and I can get into all the corners. Once in a whole the hose will get plugged and the little green mark will turn read, meaning that theres a block. So its kind of irritating when that happens, buts its definately expected with a vacuum. Over all I am satisifed with this vacuum and it does a great job sucking up the dirt and dust. I have recommened this brandto friends and they have also got one and is satisfied.

The best bagless vacuum around!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Bissell Velocity Bagless Vacuum:

I am a mother of three small children, one is still crawling, so vaccuuming is a necessity.  The Bissell Velocity made my life easier.  It is so easy to manuever and the suction is great!  I couldn't believe how much I was able to pick up the first time I used it.  I must have vaccuumed three times that day.  Emptying the dirt container was so simple.  My girls love the purple color.  Another great feature is the cord length.  I could clean two rooms without having to plug it in again.  My only complaint is that if you don't connect the attatchment properly everything you vaccuum will come shooting out.  I would definately recommend this product to anyone with small kids.

This Bissel Velocity is a pretty good buy

from Parkville, MD

Comments about Bissell Velocity Bagless Vacuum:

I recieved the Bissel Velocity as a gift. In the beginning this was a great vacuum cleaner. It came with a lot of attachments, my favorite one was the turbo brush attachment. It's a little mini vacuum you can attach to the end of the cleaning hose to get into small tight spaces and still have the brush action of a beater bar. It has plenty of floor settings from bare floor to high pile carpet. We live in an older home with radiant heat, 2 cats and 2 children. Most of our flooring is original hardwood but we have 4 rooms with wall to wall carpet, and most of the carpet is old, ranging from very low to very thick pile. This vacuum has stood up to 5 years of our abuse. We don't use it every day, but we do use it often. I particlarly like it because the hose length is long enough with the extra hose attachment that I can use it to go all the way up my staircase to vacuum up the little bits of dust and cat hair that accumulate in the corners of the steps. It has a thin hose attachment that has been perfect for the edges of furniture and between the rails of our old radiators where dust collects. It has a suction indicator on the front that tells you when you may have a suction blockage. What I don't like about it is that it has 2 filters that need to be replaced often, probably because we live in a rather dusty home. The hepa filter, located on the side of the machine tends to get hot and the dust cup while for general use is easy to empty, but if you take the inside parts of the dust cup apart for cleaning, it can be difficult to re install the parts. We're pretty hard on vacuums here and this one has so far stood up to 5 years of pretty hard use, so for the price of it, it's a pretty good buy.

Does an adequate job but I wouldn't buy another one

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Bissell Velocity Bagless Vacuum:

The Bissell Velocity vacuum cleaner is a decent vacuum but the bottom line is that I would not buy another one if mine broke.

Pros: Cleans carpet well. The hose feature is convenient. I like the different adaptor pieces that it comes with (fabric, extension, and crevice tool). It is not too heavy to carry up and down the stairs. It has different carpet height settings. It has a long cord so that I almost never have to change plugs in my apartment. Bagless.

Cons: Will not pick up small things (such as hay and grass). Instead it kind of breaks the grass into smaller pieces that are left behind. The vacuum always falls over when I use the hose feature. It does not do a good enough job on linoleum. I tried vacuuming my kitchen and still had to sweep afterwards. Not a good choice for cleaning stairs because it will not stand up well when trying to use the hose on the stairs. The hose always gets clogged. I have to vacuum up a lot of hay and grass and it always clogs the hose. I have to stop vacuuming at least every 5 minutes to unclog the hose.

Very good vacuum cleaner

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Bissell Velocity Bagless Vacuum:

I have used Bissell vacuum cleaners for some time now and my most recent one that I purchased last is Bissel Velocity. I absolutely love this vacuum cleaner as it does a very decent job of cleaning all the dust from my home on carpeted area as well as non carpeted area.  It contains some of the very neat features such as you can turn the brush roller off when you are cleaning the hard wood floor and can turn on the brush roller when you are vacuuming the carpeted area. It also contains some neat attachments such as upholstery cleaner and extension. It contains a very long chord so you don't have to keep plugging it into different outlets. For any room or area you just plug it to a near by location and that entire area is covered. It is not extremely light but it is not very heavy either. Even though it is not self propelling vacuum cleaner, it feels pretty light once you turn it on and start vacuuming. One downside is that its dust container is little small so you have to keep removing dust from it every now and then.

The Bissell Velocity does a nice job.

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Bissell Velocity Bagless Vacuum:

We have had our Bissell Velocity Vacuum Cleaner for about four years and have been pretty pleased with it.  It was very reasonably priced compared to the other vacuum cleaners that had many of the same features, and the Bissell Velocity Vacuum Cleaner had good reviews.

It has very powerful suction and cleans pretty deep.  I like that the Bissell Velocity has many different heights to accommodate different carpets and even hard floors.  Although, I didn't think it did a great job on the hard floors.  It seemed to blow things around just as much as it sucked up.  But, I don't usually use a vacuum cleaner for hard floors anyway, so that wasn't a big deal for me.

The Bissell Velocity has many attachments that make cleaning easier.  The hose is pretty long and when you attach the extensions, it is easy to clean the corners of the ceiling.  This also makes it simple, and saves your back, when you clean along baseboards and in tight spaces.

Overall, I really like my Bissell Velocity and would recommend it to others.

Velocity has many plusses

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Bissell Velocity Bagless Vacuum:

I inherited a Velocity from my son. It's only a couple years old, and he doesn't currently have a use for it. If that changes and he wants it back, he might encounter resistance.

For 25 years I used a Kirby that I bought new. It cleaned well but was heavy and generally inconvenient.

When I got the Velocity, it was plenty dirty. I had to read the instructions, thoroughly clean a filter, empty the dirt bin. After I had done those things, it worked real well.

I love the fact that the Velocity does not have a bag to throw away. I sometimes wonder how many treasures got sucked up by the Kirby, never to be seen again. It's impossible to sift through the contents of a full bag of dirt in search of small items. I think my beautiful school ring went the way of the Kirby.

I also love the fact that all the attachments are self contained. Switching from upright to hose is quite simple. I can do it on the fly, instead of being inclined to vacuum twice through -- one for general dirt and the other to get the edges and woodwork, etc.

The Velocity has a nice little place where it can be grabbed and lifted, for carrying it around. It's probably almost as heavy as the Kirby, but its design makes it less cumbersome.

ehh.. not impressed with the Velocity

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about Bissell Velocity Bagless Vacuum:

We bought the Velocity to replace another (cheaper) bissell vacuum that died on us after 4 years of hard use. Most of the reviews we read we good ones at the time.  We also didn't have a dog then.

At first we liked it pretty well, not total love but liked it. A little loud but not too bad. Suction was good and it seemed to pick up. from day one we had a problem with the brush getting stuck. I have long hair and the vacuum hates it !                now I've had this vacuum for a little over a year, and have already had to take it apart multiple times to get all the stuck junk out. The filter part inside the dirt cup is a pain to remove, clean and replace. the suction is no longer as good as it once was even after replacing all the filters... It also doesn't get the dog hair up as well as I would like.

I am just not impressed with this one and can't wait to replace it

Easy to use and very effective!

from Buena Vista, VA

Comments about Bissell Velocity Bagless Vacuum:

I purchased my bissel velocity new almost a year ago.  I have been pregnant most of that time and now have a baby crawling around.  It's quiet enough not to wake her, effective enough that it doesn't take long to vacuum, and light enough that while pregnant I can carry it up and down the stairs.  Friends like it too because it seems to fluff up the carpet.  The dirt bin is very easy to empty and I have yet to have problems with dust flying as I dump the tray (just so long as I empty it once it hits the "full" line (which is clearly displayed).  I also like it's indicator telling me when the air flow is ubstructed.  The only downside is that I think one of the belts might be wearing out, but that's to be expected as my baby is learning finger foods and gets cracker crumbs on the floor regularly, so I sometimes vacuum multiple times a day.