3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Great little carpet cleaner!

Comments about Bissell Spot Lifter PowerBrush Handheld Deep Cleaner:

I have used this little guy several times and I love it. It is such a hassle to drag out a big clunky carpet cleaner when a small spill needs cleaned up. Instead I just whip out this handheld spot cleaner, pour in some of the cleaner fluid, plug it in, and clean up the mess really fast. Especially when the spill needs quickly cleaned so it doesn't leave a stain, or if it is too much of a mess to just sop up with a towel, this product makes it so easy to keep your carpets clean. I love how easily you can clean it too. All of the parts come off so you can wash and clean it when you're done. The brushes seem to get whatever your cleaning up pretty well and you can see what it is sucking up through the clear plastic facing on the front. You could also even spray whatever cleaner you wanted from another bottle and still clean and suck it all up without having to use the build in spray nozzle. Overall, it just makes my life so much easier, especially with two little ones who love to make messes everyday.

Bissell Spot Lifter - Okay but not perfect

from Newton, IL

Comments about Bissell Spot Lifter PowerBrush Handheld Deep Cleaner:

Several years ago, I bought this spot lifter to help clean up the light-colored rug in our living room. We have two cats that often throw up or make other messes, as well as two children who make messes on occasion. What we found out is that the spot lifter worked well with small, new messes. Large and/or older messes were harder to deal with and would usually need more than one pass with the cleaner. And, even though the machine sucks up excess fluid, it still leaves the carpet wetter than I expected. Caution is needed when the carpet is wet, so new dirt does not get attracted to it. Clean-up of the machine is not very easy - physically or visually. Its a bit gross, to put it bluntly. Of course, any cleaning machine will probably have dirt and grime to clean up, so that may not be a valid negative about this machine. I have never tried another machine like this, so I can't really compare at this time.

• Versatility:

great machine, if you are willing to put in the time.

Comments about Bissell Spot Lifter PowerBrush Handheld Deep Cleaner:

This machine is superior to other in its category, despite it small, compact size. It stays true to its claims, yet be aware that you need to put in the time to make sure it has a chance to do what it claims. You might want to pay your son or daughter to do it if they feel like making some extra dough and sip some tea on the porch!

Handy spotlifter!!

from SmallTown, TX

Comments about Bissell Spot Lifter PowerBrush Handheld Deep Cleaner:

I purchased this Bissell spotlifter powerbrush several years ago to help me clean the fabric on my furniture. I had visions of it bringing my furniture back to life. It did an ok job, but not what I was expecting. In its defense, all our fabric furniture was treated prior to delivery with a stain release, so soil does not sink into the fabric and it supposedly can be washed away with soap and water. I am thinking that this stain release inhibits the abiltiy to effectively clean the areas I have tried to clean.

There is a cleaning solution supplied with the cleaner and more can be purchased that you pour into the solution clean tank on the back of the machine. Turn the machine on and begin cleaning.

Bissell makes great cleaning products. Even though I feel like it just did an ok job, I realize there may be extenuating circumstances due to the stain release. Unfortunately, I don't have any furniture that has not been treated so I can't tell if it would do an outstanding job of cleaning if that stain release were not a part of the scenario.

I will still recommend this spotlifter because it did clean the areas of concern somewhat.

Spot Lifter does just that!

from Grayson, GA

Comments about Bissell Spot Lifter PowerBrush Handheld Deep Cleaner:

By reading the other reviews, I will say I had a little more success with using this to get out set in stains as well as fresh stains. We first bought this spot remover when we got our puppy and were living in an apartment. We needed a way to keep the carpet looking good and make sure we were hit with fines when we moved out. The spot lifter did just that. We used it to remove anything from food and drinks to doggy pee and the occassional upset doggie tummy. You can use whatever spot remover you would like with it, but we had tried many and found the Bissell Pet Stain and Odor remover worked best for us (with and without the spot lifter). The spot lifter is pretty light weight and easy to store and pull out when needed. A big con I noticed was just trying to clean the container and keep the machine clean. It was a little gross to empty and try to clean it; I definitely didn't want the stuff I was cleaning up to remain in there. We would soak the container in warm bleach water; it was harder to clean the suction area. All in all, the spot lifter lasted us about 5 years (that's 3 college years and 4 moves through those years). We now have the Bissell Little Green Spot Remover, but I definitely recommend this as a lower cost option that still gets results!

This saved me

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Bissell Spot Lifter PowerBrush Handheld Deep Cleaner:

Actually we bought it before shifting our apartment as they were some food spots remaining on the carpet ,so we used it and got rid of all the spots.we were on safe and not landed on any fine from the apartment people.This works with any carpet spot remover liquid ,but only one thing we should be careful is remove hair from the brushes every time.Im still using it after my second son,nearly 6 years.

absolutely yuck

from Garden City, MI

Comments about Bissell Spot Lifter PowerBrush Handheld Deep Cleaner:

We bought the Bissell Spot LIfter Powerbrush Hand Held Deep Clearner (1716 Series) primarily for the messes that our pets would make.  Twice a year, out of the blue, our 60-lb dog would start throwing up daily for about a week.  Then it would be gone.  The amount of food that a 60-lb dog eats is a lot... and the amount of vomit was also a lot.  So, after picking up the chunks, we wanted this to clean up the rest of the mess on the carpet.

(1) It did not clean up the mess.  It would get the carpet wet, but there was no scrubbing of the carpet.  After you spray on the water (and detergent), the machine sucks it back up.  But not enough.

(2) Clean up is GROSS!  There were so many parts and nooks and crannies.  It was just gross.

I'd rather use a wet towel and soap.  It does a better job and I can throw it in the laundry when I'm done.  This has not been worth our time or money, I'v been sadly dissappointed.

Great for small spills - gets them out!

from Wheeling, IL

Comments about Bissell Spot Lifter PowerBrush Handheld Deep Cleaner:

We inherited this machine when we bought our house. (The previous owners left it behind.) With 3 little ones, we have definitely put this to good use on our carpets and it has almost always worked. I can't say that this works well with stains that are hard to get out, but with lighter cleaning, this machine does the job. If you only have a few rugs or smaller carpeted areas in your home, this is the machine for you. It's not meant for huge jobs, but can handle the lighter work with ease. I love that it fits very easily into our linen closet and it's easy to clean and empty as well. We've even used it on our sofa when our kids have spilled drinks/food and it has gotten the stains out. It's light, very portable and easy to store. Unfortunately because we did not buy this ourselves, we don't have the manual for it so I don't know if it works with other cleaning solutions; however, the Bissell cleaning solution that was left behind with it works great also!

good for immediate spills- very very small spills

from Elgin, IL

Comments about Bissell Spot Lifter PowerBrush Handheld Deep Cleaner:

I have had this for about 3 years.  I bought it because I am a mother of boys and was trying to salvage the two year old off white carpet we had.  It works on some stains, expecially dirt.  But you can not expect too much from it.  It did not work well on paint drippings, but then again, maybe I was asking too much from it.  I tried to do it with the wet and dry paint.

It only will clean a small space at a time- about 3 inches at a time.  It works better if the stain is fresh rather than sitting for a while.  Also it soaks the carpet where you clean from it dripping.  It won't take out a lot of old stains no matter how many times you try to clean it.  It also has a tendency to leak the cleaner all over the place if you carry it wrong.  I use the carpet cleaner for full size cleaners in it, and it works the same, and the stuff for the full size cleaners is cheaper.

It is ok, but I am sure there are better out there.  If you are looking for something cheap though, it does its job, but I would not thoroughly recommend it.