3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Bissell 9400 ProHeat Is Great!

After moving into our house we were proud owners of nearly new WHITE carpet.  With a cat, grape juice lovingtwo year old, and a baby on the way, we were worried!  My husband did some research and decided that the Bissell Proheat 9400 Upright wet/dry vacuum would be a great match for us.

He was right!  We use this machine several times a week.  It has truely been a carpet saver!  It is very easy to use and it works.  It has gotten out grape juice, fruit punch, tomato sauce, cat vomit, soda, and coffee.

My only complaints are the weight and the noise level.  This machine is pretty heavy.  I have trouble taking it up the stairs when I want to use it in one of the bedrooms, but it is still worth the struggle since is works so well!  My other complaint is the the noise.  This is definitely not a vacuum that can be used during nap time since it is quite LOUD!!!

The benifts and quality of cleaning far out weigh the two negitive issues and I would reccommed this vaccuum to anyone!

magic carpet cleaner

i've been going back and forth for quite some time on whether i should hire someone to clean my carpets, if i should rent a cleaner, or if i should purchase a cleaner. after doing a bit of research for the past couple of months, i decided on the latter. i found a few carpet cleaners and narrowed it down to a couple and finally decided on this product. i ordered it online and anticipated its arrival. when it finally did arrive (a couple of days earlier than its estimated delivery date), i was quite excited to put it all together and test it out. i chose to test it out on two areas - one which had a stain from a spill that set in to the carpet and the other in a high traffic area which is right at the front door. after a quick run over the carpet in the stained/soiled areas, i was amazed to see the difference. i could clearly see that the bissell carpet cleaner loosened the dirt and whatever else was built up in there and left the spots clean. i had purchased a number of cleaning solvents, brushes, etc. before to try to clean the carpet; however, all couldn't do the job that the bissell cleaner did. i didn't have to mix, rub, scour, scrub, spray a bunch of chemicals either. i just put the cleaner together, filled up the water tank and formula reservoir, and plugged it in. it was that easy!investing in this carpet cleaner was a good choice because i can use it at my convenience without the hassel of calling a carpet cleaning company and scheduling a day/time for them to come out or having to rent one and go out to pick it up and then turn around and bring it back.

Makes carpet as good as new

from Beaufort, SC

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Upright Deep Carpet Steamer Vacuum:

I have had mine for a few years and it has worked without fail. My carpets honestly look as good as they did when I got them, but i use my steam cleaner often. about every 2-3 month i do a full cleaning and use it for spot cleaning as need be. I have kids so spills are frequent. Given how often it is used my results may be a little skewed. Either way it is well worth the investment.

Maneuverability
Wish the hose was longer so cleaning stairs was easier, but it's not overly difficult.

Versatility
I even use this on my couch

• Versatility:

VERY wet carpet, leaves hair/fiber wads all over.

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Upright Deep Carpet Steamer Vacuum:

This unit is very frustrating, not even half of the water that is used gets sucked back up. It takes around 18 hours for most of the carpet to feel dry and even then there are still spots that take 24+ hours before the damp feeling is gone. While shampooing, large wads of pet hair and carpet fibers are expelled from the unit, wet and nasty all over the carpet. Additionally, the design requires soap and water in different containers and they are not used at the same rate. You start to shampoo and the cleaner runs out, go refill, make a couple more passes and now the tank needs more water. Very time consuming.

Luckily for the unit, my carpets despite being a swampland, look great and the carpet seems fluffy again after it finally dries.

• Versatility:

A professional way for a homeowner to clean their own carpets

from Manchester, NH

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Upright Deep Carpet Steamer Vacuum:

I was impressed with the ability of this machine to properly clean

Maneuverability
This machine has a wide base and initially was a challenge for me, however as I became more comfortable I was able to navigate it smoothly

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to rinse and clean

Suction Performance
The suction is so goof the carpet seems almost dry

Versatility
the base seemed a bit bulky and the overall unit was extremely heavy

• Versatility:

Works good for a short time

from Overland Park, KS

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Upright Deep Carpet Steamer Vacuum:

I liked this product when I first got it but I have only had it a little over a year and already, it won't spray water. I am in the process of taking it apart to see if I can fix it and find the cause. For the amount of money I paid, I would hate to spend who knows how much to have someone look at it. In reading other posts on "how to " websites, this seems to be a common problem among this machine. I think the company needs to address and fix it initially.

Best Home Carpet Cleaner

from Lenexa, KS

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Upright Deep Carpet Steamer Vacuum:

THe BIssel home carpet shampooer is not perfect, but after trying different commercial shampooers, rentals and home machines, this one is by the far the best. The others would be lucky to get 2 stars (including the commercial companies). It is amazing how much dirt gets sucked up into the machine. When we had a dog and 2 cats in the house we used it bi-monthly (probably should have used it more often). Now down to one cat and having replaced some of the carpet with hardwood flooring, we just use it several times a year. It works okay on upholstery too, but not as well on older dirt. Carpets are its main claim to fame. We borrowed one from a friend to try it out since he had highly recommended it and were impressed enough to buy our own.

This Bissell Carpet cleaner works wonders!

from Nampa, ID

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Upright Deep Carpet Steamer Vacuum:

The Bissell Carpet Shampooer cleans carpets very well. It was very reasonably priced, and the Bissell cleaner liquid used is reasonably priced. The Bissell Carpet Shampooer is a must have if you have babies, kids, or pets. The Bissell Carpet Shampooer leaves the carpet clean after spills, baby spit up, and pet accidents. The instructions for use of the Bissell Shampooer are easy to understand and follow. As well as cleaning up spills and accidents, the Bissell Carpet Shampooer is capable of cleaning entire rooms of carpet, leaving the carpets looking like a professional has cleaned the carpet. The Bissell Carpet Shampooer was one of the best investments that I made after moving into a newly carpeted house. My carpets still look great thanks to my Bissell!

Bissell pro Heat

from Dayton, TX

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Upright Deep Carpet Steamer Vacuum:

We purchased the bissel pro heat carpet cleaner because we got tired of wasting money every six months to rent a carpet cleaner only to have to do an all nighter doing carpets and having to rush the machine back to the store. I honestly love it and when I'm done the entire room spells great!

Bissell Carpet Shampooer works great...at first

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Upright Deep Carpet Steamer Vacuum:

We got the Bissel Carpet Shampooer during a Black Friday deal last year.  At first we really loved it.  I especially loved that it was fairly quiet, and that the attachments worked so well.  We live in an upstairs apartment, so the shampooers that you rent were just too loud for us to use.  This was pretty quiet, only slightly louder than our vaccum.  The hose/accessories also worked really well.  I loved using it to clean our microfiber couch and chairs.  Also, it was great to be able to use the hose for spot cleaning, when I needed to scrub a stain but didn't want to haul out and shampoo the entire room.

Fast forward to the 5th or 6th month of use, and it doesn't work well at all.  We constantly have problems with it not spraying water from the hose or the main shampooer portion.  We have contacted customer service, but we are not under warranty and they simply tell us to "prime" it. Unfortunately, that no longer has any affect on our machine.

so while I think it's a decent machine, either buy their extended warranty or be prepared to get it worked on or replaced after a year or so.

Bissell Carpet Shampooer--A Great Product

from Glenwood, GA

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Upright Deep Carpet Steamer Vacuum:

I got this product at the beginning of the year. I have since loaned it out to several family and friends who then ended up buying their own. I love it. It is easy to operate and relatively inexpensive for the prices that carpet shampooers get up to.

The one problem that I had was that I ended up changing the water pretty rapidly. I have also used on limolium in the kitchen. I don't particularly like using it that way, but if the floor gets really dirty the bissell is a great tool.

Bissell Carpet Shampoer makes cleaning carpets easy

from Hernando, FL

Comments about Bissell ProHeat 2X Select Upright Deep Carpet Steamer Vacuum:

We bought the Bissell cleaner because we have two dogs a lot of company,live on the water and have a 2400 square feet house. Our carpet need cleaned several times a year and renting the cleaner was a hassle and exspensive. We bought the 7920 series with 12 amp power.    It heats the water for better cleaning and is easy to use. It can also be used for upholstery., it has a really short drying time picks back up so much water is almost dry when finished. When we were renting them a lot of times they wouldn't pick back up any of the water. Also had it professionally done a few times was that a mistake, took three days to dry.With the Bissell our carpet looks brand new and it is almost ten years old.We have had no problems getting the parts we need on line, belts we had to order the tank lid once because husband broke it, parts were here within two days.The biggest pluss of this machine is having it in the house when you need it.