3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

My new favorite brand

Omg when I first started looking for a new and bigger vacuum, it was a pain. It was probably so hard because I was being picky with the brand. When I realized the brands I wanted were either expensive or not powerful enough I settled with this vacuum. I was going to bring it back if it didn't work the way I needed it to, but I ended up keeping it because I LOVE IT!!! It's perfect, especially with a cat in the house.

Worked great until the teenagers got a hold of it.

I wont even use our Bissel Powerforce Bagless 12 Amp Vacuum anymore after our teenagers got a hold of it and some how totally screwed it up. Before they got their grimy mitts on it, the Bissel Powerforce Bagless 12 Amp Vacuum worked great. The Bissel Powerforce Bagless 12 Amp Vacuum had great pick up power and I loved the fact that I never needed to buy any bags. Just empty the cup and reuse. After the teenagers got a hold of it they clogged it up and kept using it and wondered why it would not pick up. I think they burned out the suction motor some because after I had to take a hour to unclog it, the Bissel Powerforce Bagless 12 Amp Vacuum never had they same kind of pick up power and would constantly get clogged up after that and I gave up on having to unclog it and left it for the teenagers to use exclusively. I got a shark for me and my wife to vacuum the bed room with and it is good enough for that and now I leave the unclogging of the Bissel Powerforce Bagless 12 Amp Vacuum to the teens who clogged it up in the first place.

Best Vacuum To Date

from Portland, TX

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Heavy

• Carpet
  • Pet Hair
  • Tile Floors

Comments about Bissell PowerForce Turbo Bagless Vacuum 6585/:

This product was bought as a last resort because my previous vacuum cleaner stopped working one day and it is no longer sold in stores. I am so glad that I bought this vacuum because it works so much better than the one I had before. The thing that I really love about this vacuum is how much it sucks up and how well it works. My carpet looks brand new after each use of this vacuum. Another thing I love about it is the extension for upholstery. Before, I would have to use a small extension, which made upholstery vacuuming very time-consuming but with the upholstery extension, I can get my entire living room done in only minutes. I would definitely recommend this vacuum for individuals who have pet and have to tackle pet hair daily!

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Decent Vacuum

Comments about Bissell PowerForce Turbo Bagless Vacuum 6585/:

If you are looking for a super heavy-duty vacuum that will last forever you should keep looking but if you are looking for something inexpensive that will get the job done this vacuum does alright. I love that it is a bagless vacuum so you don't have the added expense of bags and you can wash the interior parts to help save on costs. I notice that when it starts to get fuller it doesn't suction as well so you have to be vigilant about cleaning it out. The vacuum isn't too heavy so it's good if you have to haul it up and down stairs. The suction power does alright if you only need minor cleaning done. I wouldn't recommend it for heavier duty things like pet hair.

Maneuverability
The vacuum is a bit bulky and doesn't really go under furniture easily so you will have to move it to get underneath.

Ease of Maintenance
Cleaning the parts is doable but can get tricky so if you do get it be sure to save your manual so you know how to take it apart and put it back together each time.

• Versatility:

Definitely a return on this one

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Bissell PowerForce Turbo Bagless Vacuum 6585/:

Like the title said, this vacuum was a return within two weeks if that. The bissell power force turbo bag less vacuum was more of a has sell than actually having to clean. From the beginning, the weight of the vacuum was like pushing a shopping cart. I did not expect it to be that heavy even though it is somewhat of a large vacuum, but still I've had large vacuums that were not that difficult to pull around. The name power force in their title for this vacuum is a throw off because it did not have a powerful suction. I don't know if I just had a defect, but for a bag less vacuum that I could see if the dirt was clogging it, which is wasn't, it did not pick up things well, and right before I returned it, it seemed to be spitting dust out of it. Besides the bag less feature being the only good thing about it, I would say definitely a big no on this one. Not to mention even though the suction for the stairs seemed a tiny bit better, it seemed to be clogged way more than any other vacuum I've used. Not easy to maneuver around and to get under hard to reach spaces being it is a bulky machine. It wasn't easy to use and when you need to get a lot of an area of carpet, it doesn't need to be more difficult than it has to be. I wouldn't recommend.

Great for pet hair!

from Bloomington, IN

Comments about Bissell PowerForce Turbo Bagless Vacuum 6585/:

I recently purchased this vacuum after my vacuum I had for 5 years finally gave out. I was really wanting a bagless vacuum to save on the cost of having to purchase vacuum bags. After I put the vacuum together I decided to give it a try on the living room floor. I was pleasantly surprised at how strong the vacuum was. I could see the dirt and cat hair in the filter and I was amazed at how much the vacuum was actually picking up considering I vacuum a few times a week. After I vacuumed the whole downstairs I was SHOCKED at how much was in the vacuum. This is a great vacuum for the price, power and overall suction. I also love how long the cord is. I was able to vacuum a very large area without having to move the cord to a different location. I also LOVE that all of the filters on the vacuum are all washable with warm water... that is a BIG plus! I love the hose and the attachments as well. The entire vacuum is built very well and I think it will last a long time! This is a great price for such a wonderful vacuum. Now, I enjoy vacuuming!

• Versatility:

The Bissell PowerForce Turbo will not disappoint.

Comments about Bissell PowerForce Turbo Bagless Vacuum 6585/:

The Bissell PowerForce Turbo Vacuum is a powerful vacuum for its price, making it an excellent value. Its maneuverability is great and it has lasted a few years with no repairs or replacements required. The bagless feature makes it just that much better.

Ease of Maintenance
Although it doesn't require messy bags to remove, it does have a filtration system that needs to be cleaned regularly. It isn't too difficult to get it back together. You just have to make sure you get all of the trapped dust out of the filter to maintain the proper suction performance.

Works great...at first.

from Michigan

Comments about Bissell PowerForce Turbo Bagless Vacuum 6585/:

It didn't seem to take long for this vacuum to start going downhill after I first bought it. The price seemed right at the time. A few months after I purchased it, the suction power seemed to degrade. It seems easy for the vacuum to get clogged. When you take the dust compartment out, it is very easy to make a mess and breath the crap in. It is a messy vacuum. It is somewhat easier to maneuver. The square edges don't always fit where you want it to go. I can't seem to get into tight spots. This vacuum is very loud. When something gets stuck in it, it seems like the vacuum just wants to break easily. The attachments seem harder to attach than they should be. When you pull the hose out of the bottom hole, it is hard to get it back in. The vacuum loses suction easy. It is not very light either. It is a pain in the rear to lug around the house. It seems like it takes up a lot of space too. It is a bit clumbsy with all of the hoses and attachment spots. It isn't easy to do stairs with this vacuum or anything that is high up. This isn't a vacuum made for dusting.

Good Enough Until I Need A New One

from Virginia

Comments about Bissell PowerForce Turbo Bagless Vacuum 6585/:

When my last vacuum blew up I bought the Bissell PowerForce and was thrilled when I first used it. It had great suction, picked up deep with in my carpets, and when I emptied the canister was pleased at how much dirt and hair was in the container. It's a full size vacuum and is kinda bulky to move from one room to another. I wish it would pick up closer to the edges of the carpet but it's bulky at the front part of the vacuum. It has a long cord to reach from room to room but the hose on the vacuum works but just isn't long enough and I find myself not wanting to even use that part unless I have to. I was excited about the extra filters on this machine, when I see heap filters I think it's cleaning my air as well. But these filters are a pain to keep clean or change but if you don't the quality of suction goes down a great deal. Overall it's a good vacuum, I won't replace it until something happens to this one. Would I buy another one? No, but it's paid for and still doing it's job.

Maneuverability
Bulky and hard to move from one room to the next

Ease of Maintenance
Too many filters, easy to dump canister.

Suction Performance
Good suction until the filters need to be changed. It's a hassle to clean everything so often.

• Versatility:

The best vacuum I have ever owned

Comments about Bissell PowerForce Turbo Bagless Vacuum 6585/:

This is the best vacuum I have ever owned. It has great suction power and gets the carpet really clean. I love the retractable cord onto e newer model. The attachments are easy to use and the filters are easy to clean. I will never have a vacuum with a bag again!

Great product

Excellent vacuum cleaner

Maneuverability
Moves easily and you can take hose to get to the tough spots

Ease of Maintenance
No bags, you can wash the filters

Suction Performance
Gets the dirt up. Plus we have a indoor dog that sheds a lot. It gets the dog hairs up

Versatility
Great

perfect

Tough. mine has been through a lot and still works great

This vacuum is terrible.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Bissell PowerForce Turbo Bagless Vacuum 6585/:

I bought this vacuum because it seemed like a good deal for what I paid. I have had it now for three years. Needless to say, I have been very disappointed. I have to go over every area I vacuum at least three times in order to sufficiently suck up what ever is on the carpet. I vacuum once a week and I live in a small apartment, so there is no reason why it should take so much work to vacuum such a small area. The vacuum never feels as though it is doing a good job. Also, the small hand held vacuum attachment broke after two months. It completely snapped inside the hose. I used it to clean up some cat hair; it was the first and last time I used it. I bought this vacuum at Walmart. I definitely do not recommend this model of vacuum. It is worth paying a little bit more money for a better model that actually works. If I had known that this model was going to be so terrible when I purchased it, I would have to taken more care to do more research.