3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Great for pet lovers who also can take care of a vaccum

There are a lot of mixed reviews on this vaccum, and after owning it for a couple of years, I can see both sides.  Let me start with the...Read complete review

There are a lot of mixed reviews on this vaccum, and after owning it for a couple of years, I can see both sides.  Let me start with the positives:

1) It really works.  If you own cats or dogs, you know what a pain it can be to get rid of all of the fur they leave behind.  This vaccum is very adept at picking up all of the fur that my previous vaccum left behind.  It actually worked so well that my brother and sister-in-law bought one as well!

2) The included tools help you get the job finished!  I have a friend who is allergic to cats, and after using this vaccum, he came over while they were locked in my bedroom and had no issues.  He actually thought that I had gotten rid of the cats because the vaccum picked up all of the fur!

3) It's bagless, which means if you accidently suck something up you need, like a stray lego, or one of your kid's (or pet's) toys, it's easy to find without getting too gross, and the clear design of the hose and canister help to identify clogs before they become a problem.

4) HEPA filters keep my allergies in check, and keep excess dust from making it's way into the air.

5) Almost every part is detachable for easy cleaning.

Now the negatives:

1) If you're the type of person who vaccums once every month or two or more, then you'll be frustrated at going through belts for the rotating brush (this vaccum was meant to pick up a week's worth of hair at a time).  Anything more than that, and you're just overloading it!

2) The filters aren't cheap, but they get the job done.

3) It's a little bulky and heavy.

4) If you're someone who doesn't like to do regular upkeep on a vaccum (keeping the hoses and brushes clean), this vaccum will be too high maintenance for you.

All in all, the Pet Hair Eraser is a great vaccum for a great price, that if you take care of, will be a loved appliance for years to come.

Dissatisfaction with vacuum AND Bissell customer service rep

Have owned the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum for 7 months...problems began in month 3 (brush did not turn consistently). Now the brush only turns on highest setting and suction is diminished. Spoke with Bissell customer "service" rep, who said he doubted what I told him about my never having to replace a belt in the first year with any vacuum I owned. He suggested that I only vacuumed "once a month or so" with other vacuums...and was using the Bissell more often. Overall, I can say that my dissatisfaction with the vacuum is only surpassed by my dissatisfaction with Bissell customer service.

This Vacuum cleaner is Powerful

from New York

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient

Cons

• Heavy
  • Poor Design

• Carpet
  • Hardwood Floors
  • Pet Hair

Comments about Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Dual Cyclonic Vacuum:

this vacuum cleaner is powerful and easy to use and remove all dust and hair from carpets ,, it always makes the home clean and tidy

• Primary use:
  • Personal
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Good but few issues

Comments about Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Dual Cyclonic Vacuum:

This vacuum worked great for a while and is a good overall vacuum, but there was a few things that annoyed me about this machine. For one the flip-down "pet eraser" on the front of the machine does absolutely nothing. Going over pet hair with it down and up does exactly the same, and the thing flipped down just seems to get in the way. The pet hair attachment also did nothing. There is one attachment that seems to do really well, but after multiply uses it now just seems to just clog up with hair. It is also very hard to get into to unclog the pet hair. The base machine itself is very good. It gets up a lot of dirt and hair and is very easy to use. The canister to empty is very easy to open and dump. Every few months though I have to take about the inside of the air tunnel to clean out the pet hair. It is not hard to do, but time consuming and gets your hand pretty dirty in the process. I like this vacuum, but it did not live up to my expectations for a "pet hair eraser."

• Versatility:

Not a fan of this vacuum

Comments about Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Dual Cyclonic Vacuum:

I bought this vacuum when it first came out years ago. Perhaps my situation is not common. This vacuum was easy to put together, however, the first time I used it it would spit everything it was supposed to be picking up right out the backside of the vacuum. I thought maybe I put it together wrong so I had my father come over and look at it. He said everything looked fine. I then brought it to a vacuum repair shop and the guy took it apart and tried it in his shop. Same thing. Even he was baffled. The only thing this vacuum was good for was using the attachments for cleaning my stairs, although the vacuum is very heavy. I have since gotten rid of it and do not plan on buying another one. I am sure they have made improvements to this vacuum over the years since it first came out, but I am now partial to the Dyson Animal Vacuum.

Maneuverability
It's heavy but easy to push

Easy to clean

Suction Performance
Did not suck up anything. Spit it out the backside of the vacuum.

• Versatility:

Don't let this suck away your money!

Comments about Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Dual Cyclonic Vacuum:

We own nearly twelve dogs that come and go as they please in certain rooms of the house. For a time, those rooms were carpeted (we have since gone to laminate with much less hassle and easier cleanup).

This vacuum was recommended by someone who worked in a kennel with carpeted floors in the visitor's room. It might be fine for the indoor outdoor carpet but it was a disaster for ours.

First of all, don't use the hose and leave the vacuum stationary. I thought this was an exaggeration when I read it in a review before I purchased the vacuum. When you use the hose, the brushes keep spinning, as a result this destroyed a portion of my rug. There should be a pedal or latch on this vac to turn off the brushes or it ideally should click them off on it's own when the hose is in use.

Maneuverability
I'm used to vacs like this so maneuverability wasn't an issue for me.

Ease of Maintenance
If you own any pet larger than a rabbit or ferret running around, you'll have to empty this at least once per room for a small room and up to 3 times for a larger one. This is for moderate pet hair.

Suction Performance
It has great suction until it easily gets clogged. For a vacuum to be used on pet hair, the designers certainly didn't put any effort into making it less prone to clogging.

Then there's the hose itself. Unless you attach it just perfect, unlike other vacs where you just stick the hose back in after usage, you'll be greeted with an event not dissimilar to that of a Lewis film and you'll just love the ending when you have to re-clean what you just cleaned.

Died after 4 months.

Perfect for pet owners!

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Dual Cyclonic Vacuum:

I have a large breed dog, a German Sheppard and because he is a long haired dog and sheds constantly most vacuums die quickly on me. I bought this one in hopes that it might survive my animals. I could not be happier! It can not only keep up with my animals fur it but also gets all the dirt from the kids! The only down side? the clear inside makes it possible to see what all you picked up and yuk! That is certainly not pleasant to look at but I am glad this vacuum gets it all up! Bissell certainly named this product correctly as the ' pet hair eraser' because after using it, it is impossible to tell I even have pets!

Maneuverability
It goes everywhere I need it to go.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to maintain and take care of.

Suction Performance
This sucks up all the dog fur in my house which is what I had wanted, but was afraid it would not be able to deliver. Happily pleasantly surprised!

Versatility
It works on both hardwood, laminate and carpets equally as well!

It looks great I just wish it was not so bulky.

It can hold up to my kids, that says a lot.

• Versatility:

Needed a good inexpensive vacuum

Comments about Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Dual Cyclonic Vacuum:

Overall I am pretty happy with this vacuum. We found it at a local closeout store for under a hundred bucks, so for the money invested I think we got a pretty good product.

Maneuverability
It has fairly good maneuverability, I use the crevice tool the most for doing around the edges of the rooms where the dog and cat hair seems to accumulate and the pet brush to do the dog bed and couch.

Ease of Maintenance
There is a removable cup for cleanout, but if I have a lot of dog hair it gets stuck in the top part and I have to take the whole filter arrangement out and get it out with my hands, which is a little bit of a pain and make a bit of a mess that you have to clean up afterwards.

Suction Performance
Very good, it sucks up anything I have need for it to.

Versatility
I like the tools and especially the rolling pet brush for doing the dogs bed.

Pretty standard design I think, nothing exceptional or super fancy, which is good, simple is usually better.

I have been using this for over 6 months now with a long haired dog and two cat and kids and a boyfriend that likes to track muc in with his boots and it is holding up very well.

• Versatility:

Not fantastic but not horrible either

Comments about Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Dual Cyclonic Vacuum:

This vacuum cleaner is just okay in my opinion. It was not my first choice but it was given to us as a gift and we could not pass it up. We use it for our basement and it does well but I definitely think there are better vacuums out there. It still leaves behind dog hair, but picks up big pieces left on the carpet like leaves or pieces of paper etc. I hate that the cord does not retract on it. You have to unwind and then wind it again which is a real pain! I also think it is pretty loud for a vacuum compared to our other vacuum. But it has been durable and has held up well in all the different conditions it has faced. It maneuvers pretty decently though for its size but I do not feel like it does well on different surfaces.It just does okay, not fantastic but not horrible. I will continue to use this little vacuum until it dies and then I will invest in a nicer brand preferably a Dyson. It's not a horrible vacuum but it is not a product I would really recommend to my friends or family.

Does not work!

from Brooke tx

Comments about Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Dual Cyclonic Vacuum:

I purchased the vacuum because I read a lot of reviews that showed for this device to work very well specifically with dog hair. I have owned numerous a vacuum cleaners for dog hair and this was one of the ones that did not work at all. After using a couple of times it ended up breaking on me and got clogged up. It was not easy to clean and it just did not work right after that I do have a dog but he does not shed that much enough to break the vacuum. It was just a waste of money and I never used it after he broke down. I was able to use it about three times before it broke. It is also very heavy so it's not easy to use on stairs or if you use it throughout the house your arm becomes tired fast.

It's is nice but also very heavy.

I used it about three times before I had to stop using it so it's not very reliable and not meant for dog hair even though that is what it's advertised as I would not use it for that.

not so good

from Beaver, PA

Comments about Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Dual Cyclonic Vacuum:

This is an overall good vacuum for the price. It has not been holding up as good as I expected it to.

Maneuverability
The vacuum is easy to push and pull while sweeping. No different than any other vacuum.

Ease of Maintenance
It is difficult to change the belt. The bottom has to be removed with a screwdriver to get the belt on and off. However, I had to remove a clog in the bottom of the hose in the back and it was very easy to remove the hose.

Suction Performance
There is good suction on the vacuum in the head and through the hose. I use the hose with the pet hair attachment and it does a fairly good job at removing most of the hair.

Versatility
One thing it does not do is fit under our beds.There are several attachments that make this vacuum a good choice for different areas that need cleaned. Two attachments make the hose longer to reach high areas or way under low furniture.

This is my first and last bag-less vacuum cleaner. Emptying the canister makes a mess when removing from the body. Hair gets stuck in the upper filter and sticks to the dirt and then falls to the base and all over the floor. I would rather have a bag.

I thought that a pet hair vacuum would be more durable than another type of vacuum but it seems to be the same as any other.

Mediocre

Comments about Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Dual Cyclonic Vacuum:

I bought this vacuum cleaner because of price and the labeling. I thought it would be able to take care of the my pet dog's hair all over the house. Although I wouldn't say it is false advertising, I wouldn't tell people to buy this vacuum cleaner. The rollers underneath the vacuum gives me the feeling that it's just pushing the hair and dirt around rather than truly taking care of it and sucking it all up. Maybe it's the length of my dog's hair, but it doesn't seem to do the job. A part of me feels that at this price range, I shouldn't be asking for a lot and that we get what we paid for. Unfortunately, because it didn't fulfill what I needed it to do, I had to return it back to the store and upgrade myself to another vacuum cleaner.