Other Vacuums:

Bissell Little Green ProHeat Deep Cleaner

Pros

Cons

This Can Save Your Carpet

We bought this carpet cleaner when our son played with a science experiment in his room unbeknownst to my husband and I and we were left with a very large blue stain on our white Berber carpet. Since our home was for sale at the time we thought that we were in big trouble, it would have been really hard to fix and we were hoping we could avoid replacing the carpet. We knew it would be completely dishonest to cover it up or move furniture to hide it so I had to find a way to fix it! Secretly, I've always wanted one of these, I even watched the infomercials when I was still at home when I was younger and knew that eventually I'd like to own one. Now that we had a very large, blue stain I was a little bit excited to have a reason to finally justify purchasing my very own Little Green Machine! So, long story short, I put in some time and some elbow grease with this cleaner and honest to God the stain came out of the carpet and we were able to sell our home without a huge blemish. I've found that with hard to fight stains or large areas its really good to immerse the area with a lot of water/cleaner and then when you turn it on to clean use small, circular motions and it will work. The extra liquid along with gently moving the fibers of the carpet does a really good job of actually taking the stain out of the fibers of the carpet. One of my favorite things too is that its not obvious where you've worked on the carpet, the fibers don't look smooshed down and since the stain comes out completely, wherever you've cleaned is well hidden. Seriously, you couldn't pick the area that was cleaned if I asked you to show me. If you have kids, pets or a messy husband you really can benefit from having this in your house. I'm only wishing I had purchased this earlier. Its fun and easy to use and it really works. Its sooo satisfying dumping out the dirty water and knowing that your carpets no longer carry that dirt. I love it!

Little Green cleans small areas well

I actually LOVE this little machine, so let me explain why I didn't give it a higher rating.

I am on my third portable Bissell cleaning machine. I purchased two Little Greens and now my new one is the SpotBot Pet series. My first two worked wonderfully, but then after about 1-1/12 years the tank and hose got an awful musky smell.

I always drained the water and even rinsed the tank with bleach, but this smell never seemed to disappear and would even transfer the smell to the carpet or whatever I was cleaning.

After reading the comparisons on the Bissell website, I noticed that Pet Series products all have microban protection. I love, love, love this feature. I have now purchased the Spot Bot pet portable cleaning machine, the ProHeat Pet Deep Cleaning machine as well as the Healthy Home vacuum cleaner from Bissell.

The problem of mold and mildew is a worry of the past!

I have a very mold-sensitive asthmatic child and these products are a life saver.

The Little Green proabably gets used more than any cleaner in my household. It's such a great, compact size and works wonders on the stairs, in the vehicles and just about anywhere the big machine can't get to!

I buy the Bissell cleaning products as well, since I've tried out the store brands and just don't think they do as good of good as the actually Bissell cleaners do.

Overall, i would recommend a portable Bissell cleaning machine, but just get the one with the microban tanks.

Bissell Little Green ProHeat Deep cleans spots gone!

from Canton, OH

Comments about Bissell Little Green ProHeat Deep Cleaner:

I clean my carpets on a regular basis. But with kids and pets I always seem to find a spot somewhere. My Bissell Little Green ProHeat Deep Cleaner is how I handle those spots. It's so convenient to use. Much easier than dragging out the full sized carpet cleaner every time I find a new spot on the carpet which is a couple times a week in my home. It really saves me time and saves my back! It works great. Lifts stains just as well as the full sized cleaner without all of the work. It lifts stains quickly. Does most of the work itself and saves time.

Maneuverability
There really isn't a factor in maneuverability with this machine because you just sit it where the stain is. It isn't necessary to maneuver the machine around.

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to maintain. Just empty it and rinse and wipe down after each use.

Suction Performance
Suctions just as well as the full sized machines.

Versatility
Versatile enough for me. It gets the stains out of anywhere you need it to.

The design is perfect for what this machine is made for.

Very durable any machine that holds up to use in my home and keeps going is durable!

Bissell Little Green was low power

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Bissell Little Green ProHeat Deep Cleaner:

We purchased and used a Bissell Little Green Pro Heat Deep Cleaner and found that it didn't have very much suction. This product is fairly light weight which is nice for transporting and using to steam clean your vehicle. When we tried to use it at our home we found that it didn't have very much suction and the rotating brush barely moved. I did like that the tanks were easy to fill and empty. The tanks are fairly small and so it does require frequent emptying. The heat feature is nice, however it is just as easy to put hot water in the tank and so I don't think that is a necessary feature. The unit that we used had two attachments and we only found the basic one to be useful. The rotating attachment looked very nice, however we found that ours didn't work well. The spraying mechanism does sometimes have issues. When I was using it the other day it was barely spraying. I had a hard time getting it to work

• Versatility:

It was good at first but stopped working after awhile.

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Bissell Little Green ProHeat Deep Cleaner:

I was really excited when I first got this. I wanted a steam cleaner for spots on my carpet, but I didn't want a big and bulky one. This seemed like the perfect solution. This machine lasted us for about half a year before it stopped working well. At first this worked great. I could see all the dirt getting sucked up in the solution/water and it helped a lot with spots on our carpet. It's pretty easy to set up and use also. I really liked the size of it and how easy it was to carry it from one place to another. My problem was that little by little it lost it's strength. The suction power went, the water wouldn't heat up as well and it just didn't do anything after awhile. I ended up having to toss it. I remember being so frustrated when I would have the water and solution on the floor, but it wouldn't suck anything up. I ended up with just a big mess. I tried multiple times on different days, but it just wouldn't work. I was really hoping that this would keep working because at first I loved it. I wouldn't recommend it for the long run or at all. I would look for a different cleaning machine.

Maneuverability
It was easy to move around and use.

Suction Performance
At first it does, but not after awhile.

It's a neat design and shape. It's easy to store.

• Versatility:

Great addition to my collection

Comments about Bissell Little Green ProHeat Deep Cleaner:

There is nothing that I feel makes my home feel dirty more than dirty floors and rugs. As a result I am a bit of a vacuum/carpet cleaner junkie. I LOVE my full size carpet cleaner but it is a bit of a production to take it out to use. When I take it out I want it to be to clean a whole carpet, not just a little spill that one of the kids or pets create all the time. The Little Green is perfect. It is small and lightweight so it is nothing to pull it out for a quick clean up. It gets both new and older stains out quickly and easily and I have been really pleased with how quickly and thoroughly it removes most of the solution from the carpet, leaving it really close to dry so that I then don't have to spend hours keeping the kids away from the spot. The other thing I love this for is stairs! We have two flights of carpeted stairs in our house and another flight with a runner. And they get dirtier than anything else in the house. I vacuum and vacuum and still don't feel like they are really clean and using the full size on them is borderline impossible and not very efficient. This is a great little machine to have on hand!

• Versatility:

Im in love with my little green.

Comments about Bissell Little Green ProHeat Deep Cleaner:

I bought this bissell little green proheat deep cleaner right after I brought my italian mastiff puppy home. With my puppy being so young and going to get big quick i had to house train him fast. He had a few accidents before he was fully house trained and this little green took out the smell and the stains. It saved me from the cost of replacing the carpet in my home. Now that he is house trained and much bigger he slobbers a lot . So I was noticing slobber pools on my carper. This little green takes out spots better then any other carpet cleaner I've had in the past.

• Versatility:

I adore this product! Perfect for spot cleaning.

Comments about Bissell Little Green ProHeat Deep Cleaner:

I bought this product because my dog has a very sensitive stomach which leads to him puking once or twice every few months and sometimes he doesn't make it outside in time. This exceeded my expectations. Every single stain on my carpet that had been there for either years or months was completely gone by the end of using this product.
The cleaning solution can be a little pricey but it lasts a long time (depending on how many spills and accidents you have, lol!).
Also, after the second year of owning this I didn't use it as much and when I did go to use it, it smelled very bad. I thought maybe it was my own fault so I cleaned it as well as I could but still could smell it, the smell mostly came from the hose.

Maneuverability
Can be a pain to move around and also could get a little heavy depending on how much cleaning solution you put in and how much area you plan to cover.

I feel like the design could have been a little better because it gets a little heavy and after 3 years of occasional use it started leaking from the cleaning solution compartment, and also as I mentioned before, after quite some time the hose started to smell really bad. I could only imagine that it was a minor clog from the carpet I was cleaning.

• Versatility:

This is a handy little cleaning machine!

Comments about Bissell Little Green ProHeat Deep Cleaner:

This is the third Bissell little green machine I have had. They just keep getting better and better. At one time I used my little green machine to virtually clean my whole carpet. They work beautifully and are the biggest bang for the buck I could find.

• Versatility:

Great product at affordable price!

Comments about Bissell Little Green ProHeat Deep Cleaner:

My mom moved in with my family about a year ago and brought her Pomeranian and her Bissel Little Green along with her :) Between our Yorkie and my mom's dog there have been a TON of "messes" on the floor. Keep in mind that we are renting an apartment so messes on the floor = money taken out of our deposit when we move out! Also, my mom spilled RED Crystal Light on our BEIGE sofa a couple of months ago. All I can say is that I am beyond thankful that my mom purchased this product - it has saved our floors and our couch!

The cons of this product are:

It's a little bit difficult to clean and refill the water reservoirs. We have spilled cleaning solution/water on the floor quite a few times!

Although the product does a great job of getting out even set-in stains, it doesn't cover a large surface area (although keep in mind I don't think it's really meant to) but if you are looking for an affordable and portable spot-cleaner it is definitely worth the extra time involved.

If you have an extension cord handy, this product is particularly helpful if you need to clean the carpet and upholstery in your car - just be careful to secure the water reservoir so that you don't spill water everywhere!

I definitely recommend this product, especially if you have pets and children!

• Versatility:

Great little deep cleaner.

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Bissell Little Green ProHeat Deep Cleaner:

Light weight & easy to use... I am very happy with my purchase. I have used this a few times since buying it a couple of weeks ago and am very pleased with my decision on this machine.

My only cons about this machine is that it does not get as hot as I would like and there are no rotating brushes like the larger machines.

Great for spot cleaning

from Westwego, LA

Comments about Bissell Little Green ProHeat Deep Cleaner:

This machine is not going to clean your whole rug or carpet. You'll need a carpet cleaner for that. But it will get spots out of your carpet or rug, even old ones will at least lighten up if not come out completely using this machine. It does have to be operated, its not like the Spot Bot which can be set on top of stains and then the machine scrubs away, but this allows you more control in my opinion. I've used this to get everything from baby stains to kid spilled drinks like fruit punch and every time, I've been more than pleased with the results. In one place where I lived, it actually took the old stains out of the carpet. It takes some work, but it will get just about anything out of your carpet, if you get on it right away. I've even gotten red snow cone liquid stains out of my tightly woven carpet.

It does require the use of Bissell's cleaning fluids, but you use such a small amount each time, a bottle goes a long ways, even with small kids running around on a light colored carpet!