3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

There is no other vacuum like it!

I had the original Bissell Lift Off vacuum when it first came out about 8 years ago in 2000. This vacuum is the Best ever! It picks up everything. Regular maintenance is required to prolong its life. I vacuum everyday, so about once a week I take both filters out and wash them really good. I air dry them and put it back together. I have had one problem with it getting clogged but it was my fault. Don't ever vacuum cooked rice from a kitchen floor!LOL. I't comes apart easily. The motor finally stopped and it was time to say good-buy to a long time friend. So I went out to the store and there was no question in my mind that I was going to buy a New Lift Off.! Needless to say they have improved a vacuum that I thought wasn't possible and now its the Best Of Best-est vacuum in the world!

Best as a boat anchor

I purchased the Bissell Lift Off Revolution 2 vacuum because I have 4 cats, and liked the idea of the lift-off feature for vacuuming upholstry. I only owned it for 24 hours before I returned it to Lowe's. It is the worst design ever. I will detail my nightmarish experience below; one could write a horror movie about this piece of machinery....

1) The hepa filter and air vent are in the back, and the exhaust blows on you as you vacuum, so that after 15 minutes I was literally having sweat roll off my forehead. (I'm 5'5" and weigh 125)

2) The lift-off hand held cleaner is great in theory, but the hose its too short, so even with the telescoping wand, I had to hold the lift off canister with my left hand - which gave out after 10 minutes, or drag the thing around on the floor. When you hold it with your hand, you literally cook off your left leg from the hot exhaust blowing on you.

3) The filter clogged up excessively. In the first hour, I had to clean it 5 times! All the pet hair lodges up in the filter, so you have to open up the easy disposal container, reach up and pull out the hair clogged filter, pick all the hair off the filter, then WASH the dust off the filter and put the whole thing back together. I almost puked it was so gross. Not to mention, all that dust, pet dander and disgustingness just went back into the air again. Ew!

4) Dust seems to seep through the thing, so even with the hepa filter, dust was escaping back into the environment. After 1 cleaning the back of the vacuum had was coated in dust. You would think I hadn't cleaned the house in a year!

I would only recommend this if you are a massochist or want to put yourself on a torturous weight loss program which envolves being cooked, drenched in sweat, and coated with dust. Run from this product! Run fast, run far!!!

Decent vacuum with minor bells and whistles

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Turbo Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum was given to me by a family member when he upgraded and I am happily surprised how good of shape it is still in after he had it so long. It doesn't suction as well as I would like, but for day to day use, it does just fine for me.

Maneuverability
This vacuum is heavier than many I had used in the past, but moves around surprisingly well for its size. It is a little heftier in size so if you need to carry it up stairs, it isn't overall very easy.

Ease of Maintenance
I've had no issues with this vacuum. I do deep clean it a couple times a year as the bagless nature of it makes it dusty and dirty all inside.

Suction Performance
This is my least favorite thing about the vacuum. I wish it had more suction. It does fine enough for normal use but when I need it to suction especially well for a rug or a tough spot, it doesn't always cut it.

Versatility
I like all the attachments this vacuum comes with. I feel like that makes this very versatile.

It's red, which isn't a personal favorite color of mine, but that doesn't matter when it comes to effectiveness. It's odd that you flip a switch on top to turn it on, as I've always had a button by the floor on all other vacuums, but it's easy to get used to.

I would call this a fairly durable vacuum, but I'm not very hard on vacuums.

Bissel Lift off Revolution Turbo Bagless

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Turbo Bagless Vacuum:

It picks up most of the gravel and dirt, but if I had to do it over again would not choose this vacuum.

Maneuverability
You can get to most areas with this as you can detach a smaller vacuum from the bigger and go where some vacuums can't.

Ease of Maintenance
I like bagless, just dump when the canister is full and resume vacuuming.

Suction Performance
Like I said you can get most of the dirt and gravel, but it does not pick up everything, so you have to go over areas a bit more so it does pick it up.

Versatility
Being able to take the smaller part from the larger makes it easy to get to small spaces so this I do like.

Needs a bit more suction for my tastes.

It is a durable vacuum as for the outer shell, but it on occasion will get hot and turn off, so in a nut shell do not buy.

• Versatility:

disappointed by a long way

from Johnson City, TN

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Turbo Bagless Vacuum:

i am very disappointed in the quality of the newest bissel vacs. i have bought bissel before, but the last one i had lasted less than a year. the motor started making a terrible noise and i just stopped using it. sounded like the gears were stripped. also, it came w/ a turbo brush that has never worked. all in all, i am disappointed in the quality of this vacuum and will likely not buy another one.

• Versatility:

It will do until I can afford something better.

from Belle Plaine, MN

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Turbo Bagless Vacuum:

While this vacuum is better than some I have had, I find it frustrating overall. There are numerous filters to clean. The suction is adequate, but by no means impressive or sufficient. To be fair, we do have a lot of "stuff" to vacuum up, with cats, a dog that sheds like crazy and two kids. But, I have to actually sweep the carpet before I vacuum, because it does not handle the dog hair well at all. And, although he sheds a lot, he is a short haired dog. As they say, it will do until something better comes long. I just know that I dream of getting a new vacuum every time I use it, and I have been dreaming since I used it the first time.

Ease of Maintenance
There are multiple filters to clean. And, when emptying the cup I actually use a shop vacuum to catch all the spills. It's kind of odd to have to have another vacuum to clean the vacuum.

vacuum nirvana!

from Bay City, MI

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Turbo Bagless Vacuum:

It is two vacs in one, handheld vac detaches easily for stairs, vehicles, furniture! No bags, pet hair attachment, easy to clean filter, has one disposable filter too for extra allergy consideration. Has VERY long cord!!

Maneuverability
It is heavy, but lots of features.

Versatility
Removable handheld vac, very long cord, long wand.

• Versatility:

A rock start of a vacuum--outshines my old Dyson!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Turbo Bagless Vacuum:

Yep, that's right, I said it!  My new Bissell vacuum cleaner works and is more effective than my Dyson.  Now, I know vacuum cleaners...I have five cats, a teenager and a husband.  I am the ultimate guide to vacuums and this one is it!This vacuum is a one swiper.  Just have to go over the smutz once whether it be cat hair, paper giblets or whatever.  The vacuum is a time saver and has a large dirt container.

works really good for a bag vaccuum

from Rawlins, WY

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Turbo Bagless Vacuum:

I purchased the new vaccuum after my old one died and like the bissell brand.  I couldn't afford the bagless with one toddler and an infant on the way so downgraded to a bagged vaccuum.  I do like the quality of the new one.  I would recoment those that dont have a lot to spend to check into the bissell vaccuum.

GREAT VACUUM

from Macomb, MI

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Turbo Bagless Vacuum:

I JUST BOUGHT THIS VACUUM LAST WEEK AND I CAN'T BELEIVE HOW IT PICKS UP THE PET HAIR. IT ALSO CLEANS HARD WOOD FLOORS SO I DON'T HAVE TO SWEEP ANYMORE. IT IS A GREAT VACUUM. I BOUGHT IT AT LINENS AND THINGS FOR A GREAT PRICE. DON'T FORGET TO USE THERE 20% OFF COUPON AND SAVE EVEN MORE.

its so so for the price

from Marquette, MI

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Turbo Bagless Vacuum:

I guess what I really like about this product is the price. I purchased this at my local walmart and it seemed pretty decent for the price. I really enjoyed the suction power on it and I think that it was nice to be able to clean out all of the filters on my own. Sometimes hwen you purchase more expensive vacumms they come with the pricy parts that you need to replace and so on and such but with this one its just the 3 basic compartments that it ocmes with and you can just fill up yuor sink with some warm water and soap and let them soak for a while and then rinse them clean with water. I usually let them air fry for about 3-4 dauys othewise they tend to stink. I have a dog at home and sometimes I can still smell the scent so you can spray some perfume on them and let it sit for a qhile and then they dont smell as bad. Over all I would rate this about a 3star based on the price and the quality. I would buy again.

The Bissel Lift Off gets pet hair off of all surfices.

from Clarksville, TN

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Turbo Bagless Vacuum:

Bissell Lift off Revolution Pet Vacuum is the best vacuum I have owned.  I would recommend this product to anyone, even if they did not own a pet. You can turn off the rotating brush so it works great on hard floors; it doesn't spit the particles out in all directions like other vacuums tend to do.  It does a great job of picking up pet hair on all surfaces, even on furniture. The filters are easy to clean, just throw them into the washing machine and let dry. It even has an indicator that tells you when they are dirty. You do need to clean them regularly though or it doesn't get good suction. The cord is super long so you don't have to unplug and use another outlet.  I can use one outlet for half the house.  The attachments are handy and easy to use. They include a turbo brush for small areas and an adjustable extending arm for the hose. The canister is also detachable for those tight spots.