Other Vacuums:

Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vacuum 37602/4

Pros

Cons

Great Even For Homes Without Pets

This is a great bag-less vacuum cleaner. It has great suction and a lot of levels of adjustment for carpet length.

My biggest problem with bag-less vacuums has been emptying them without getting the dust *everywhere*! This model has a very easy to remove and empty dust chamber (my toddler's even accidentally opened it). I also like that the chamber separates most of the finer dust particles, so you have less dust to sift through if you do need to try and retrieve something that was sucked up accidentally.

I also enjoy that I can turn the brush off and on. That way if I want I can suck something up that might have otherwise gotten all twisted up in the brush. When the brush is on, it only spins when you are actually pushing the vacuum around. This ends the problem of the vacuum sucking something up that gets twisted in the brush when I need to leave it for just a second to move toys or other items out of the path of the vacuum.

I like the filter indicator, because otherwise I would never know when to change the filter. The only real draw back is that the filters are not solid plastic like the Dyson's are, so you can't just take it out and clean it the same way.

The attachments are all sturdy and have put up easily with a little boy playing with them (all of them have been mauled except the pet specific one). I really like the tube extending attachment. It has an easy twist lock that makes it so that I can keep it at any length that I want.

Bissel Lift Off Vacuum has some negatives

A few years ago I invested in a Bissel rug shampooer and was thrilled with it's performance, so when it was time to replace my old vacuum, I immediately went looking for a Bissel. I decided on the Bissel Lift Off Vacuum for a number of reasons.  As I live in a Townhouse with a first and second floor, I especially liked the lift off canister for use on my  stairs.  I also liked the fact that it was bagless and had a hepa filter.  The fact that it was bagless was a no brainer for me, no more running out of vacuum bags!  The Bissel Lift Off also has washable filters and although it is recommended that you change the hepa filter every 6 months, they are very inexpensive.  My Bissel Lift Off Vacuum did a beautiful job for the first month that I used it, however, after that the suction was non-existent and I found that I had to go over the same area over and over which really became annoying.  I am extremely disappointed with it's performance and with the store I bought it at.  They were not very helpful, nor was Bissel when I contacted them.  I really cannot recommend this vacuum.

Great Cleaning Vaccum

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vacuum 37602/4:

I recently got Bissell Lift Off Revolution Pet Vaccum from my friend. She said it was too heavy for her to use easily, so she decided to buy the lighter one. The vacuum has been used for about 2 years, but it still works very well. For me, it is a great size vacuum. Well, it is quite heavy for a petite-size body of mine, but it is not a big problem because the cleaning power of this product is really great. With wide cleaning path and dual edge cleaning, this vacuum really does a great job cleaning our home. It also has several switches which I can choose for different varieties of surfaces. So i can easily clean the carpet and floor in almost the same time. The suction is very powerful, it cleans the dirt and dust very quickly. And I really like the brush that can be turned on or off, which is very useful for taking off the sticky dirt on the carpet. I don't have pets, but this vaccum is still very useful for cleaning off the hair that we don't usually notice falling off everywhere. Especially now that we have a baby, it is very comforting to have clean carpet. It also has the canister that can be removed easily so I can bring it to clean the hard-to-reach places, and the hose is long enough to reach far places without me having to take out the plug. I'm so happy that I got Bissell lift off revolution for free. It is really a great vacuum that I'd surely recommend to others.

• Versatility:

The most effective, most powerful, easiest to maintain vaccum.

from Freeport, PA

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vacuum 37602/4:

The best vaccum I have ever owned. Suction is excellent. Picks up hair like crazy for homes with pets. The lift off feature is so convenient if you have carpeted steps to clean. It is belt-less! Maintenance is almost non-existent except for occasionally cleaning the filters. Absolutely the best vaccum ever.

Nice convertible vaccuum

from Conway Springs, KS

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vacuum 37602/4:

We got this vaccuum sweeper in black (perhaps a slightly older model too) in 2005 for our wedding. In nearly 6 years of fairly regular use - this vacuum is still a great tool! It does fill up fairly quickly, and you have to clean out two filters (one I didn't find until this past year (yikes!)) But if you clean them out regularly - the suction is still GREAT. I love the versatility of this vacuum because you can lift off the middle part and carry it around and use it like a cannister vaccuum, The crevice tool works great for sweeping the edges of the kitchen floor and in cracks like those between the washer and dryer. It really seems powerful. I don't use the other tools very frequently, but one tool I would like is a bigger flat one that could be used for general vaccuuming like the kitchen floor. The vaccuum also has nice adjustability for the pile of the carpet. We have frieze in one place and it works well on it, as well as on the plush carpet elsewhere in the house. The edges don't have the greatest suction, I usually have to go back over the edges of the room with the front of the vaccuum. Still, it is my one and only vaccuum, and I really do like it.

• Versatility:

Perfect for picking up pet hair!

from Lake Villa, IL

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vacuum 37602/4:

When my Hoover finally broke down, I looked at the Bissell Lift-Off Pet Vacuum because it was on sale and looked to be good for picking up pet hair. Having both a dog and a cat that shed constantly-and looking at online reviews-I purchased the Bissell. It a pretty good bag-less vacuum. The suction is consistent and the dust chamber is fairly easy to remove and empty, though it does fill up fast and can get a little dusty.

There's a filter indicator, but all you have to do is check it depending on how much you use it. There are plenty of attachments that should meet your every need (including a rotating brush, but when it touches carpeting the speed drastically decreases, affecting its efficiency). I even use a few of the attachments to clean my pool by inserting one long hose into the pool vacuum to manually pick up dirt deposits!

I absolutely love the long length of the hose, as that's one of my biggest pet (sorry, no pun intended) peeves about vacuums. The only problem I've had is like most vacuums, string from area rugs can tend to get caught in the large brush, which means I have to shut the vacuum off and manually remove the string. All in all, however, it does the job in an inexpensive way.

• Versatility:

Bissell Lift-off-picks up dirt,and pet hair well

from Portland, OR

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vacuum 37602/4:

I first bought the Bissell Lift-Off several years ago. Since purchasing it, I have not had any probelms with it. Regular maintence and cleaning is all that has been required. I have changed the filter twice, and clean it regularly.

I have a lab-mix breed dog, so there is quite a bit of dog hair in my house. I have been happy with how it sucks up dog hair. We have short carpet, and it manages to get stuck dog hair out well.

Being able to lift-off the cansiter part of the vaccuum is so helpful when vaccuuming places like your car, or small spaces. It is very handy, replaces the need for two vaccuums.

The only disadvantage is with not having any bags, when emptying the canister some of the dust can fly up when emptying. This can cause my allergies to act up. But I am always impressed with the amount that is in there that the vaccuum has been able to suck up.

• Versatility:

Great vacuum for the price I paid.

from Denham Springs, LA

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vacuum 37602/4:

Bissel products are great. I use my vacuum to vacuum my floors, furniture and car. I especially love the fact I can easily lift it from it's base and take it outside and vacuum my car. There are attachments for the small places, and extender for the hard to reach places. A special tool for pet hair. I don't have a pet, but I am sure it would pick up the hair. The only problem I have had with this vacuum is the switch went out, but it was covered under warranty. Also, it now has a short. The vacuum stops and then starts. This only happens when I take it off of it's base.

Nice vac for the money

from Cottontown, TN

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vacuum 37602/4:

I like it almost as much as my previoius vac. The only beef I have with it is that it gets stopped up constantly with medium sized stuff that my electrolux had no problem with. On the good side though, you can completely take it apart and get the clog out with a little elbow grease. So it's a workable problem. It has good suction power and love the no bag idea!

Bissell Lift-Off is durable!!!

from Clermont, FL

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vacuum 37602/4:

I bought this vacuum back in 2004 and still use untill today...I get a little tired of cleaning and washing the bucket and some of the filters and other parts, or even buying new filter every year or so (I do vaccum a lot!!!) but it's well worth the price I paid and cleans perfectly till this day. not to mention that I moved 4 times and my bissell did his job in any environment. So what I deslike is the clening part, but I love that I can have accesories attached to the vaccum, so I don't get them lost, and that I can take it anywhere; like cleaning the car or something up high and off course, it makes easy when you have carpeted stairs! I also had a chance to use it on bare floor, and guess what...it works perfectly as well! So even though you might have to keep up cleaning to have a good clean carpet and floors, it's durable and very good, really worth your money!

It's not the best I have had, but ok.

from Sumter, SC

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vacuum 37602/4:

This is not the best vacuum I've owned and I have owned at least 7, most of them Hoovers or Bissells.I bought it to replace a Hoover that was wearing out,and with my 5 indoor/outdoor cats,my allergies and my husbands allergies, we are satisfied with this vac,but it's isn't the best. It's quiet, it's easy to get around with and is very portable, not heavy, and you can take off the canister for those tight spots, or stairways.It does pick up more than the Dyson I owned, and of course, is much cheaper than a Dyson. I do think the canister is tiny and could have been bigger. You will need to empty it often. The cansiter is open when you remove it, so you are "breathing" the stuff that's filled it and it could spill. I think the prongs that hold that canister could break easily. I'm not sure I would purchase this item again, and wish I had researched it more before my purchase.

I can't wait to get a different vacuum.

from Grove City, OH

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off Revolution Pet Vacuum 37602/4:

We received the Bissell Lift-Off Vacuum as a wedding shower present from my mother and father in-law.  I thought it would be really good because I had read that it could pick up pet hair really easily.  We did have a dog at the time so I was excited to receive it.  As soon as I used it I realized that it left a lot to be desired.  When there are bigger chunks of things to vacuum up, such as tiny bits of gravel from our driveway or chunks of mud, the Bissel Lift-Off will suck it up but shoot parts of the gravel or other chunk out of the bottom at the back of the vacuum which will then hit my legs and make my floor dirty again!  I do like the rotating brushes underneath as well as the adjustable heights.  I go from hardwood flooring to area rugs to carpet very easily with this vacuum.  However, when I go to clean out the container dust flies everywhere through the air and all over the bottom of the vacuum and floor when I open it.  This is just an OK vacuum but I would recommend another.