4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

The Bissell Lift-Off Multi Cyclonic Pet Vacuum is easy to use.

The** ****Bissell**** Lift-Off ****Multi**** Cyclonic Pet Vacuum** is a cost effective solution for a difficult problem - *6 LARGE DOGS!*  With a Newfoundland, a Yellow Labrador Retriever, a Basset Hound mix, a Pitbull mix, an English Foxhound, and a large Great Dane, it became mandatory to obtain a vacuum which was designed for pet hair.

My last vacuum had a bag and it was difficult to tell when it was full.  The Bissell Pet vacuum is bagless (my first experience with a bagless vacuum).  I'm not sure I like it.  It is easy to see when it becomes full or becomes clogged in the upper cyclonic chamber.  However, it is really a mess when the dust container needs to be emptied.  Unlike a "bagged" vacuum where the whole bag is thrown away and leaves very little mess, emptying the dust cup on the Bissell can really be quite a mess.  When I got the cup off, and it does remove easily, I discovered the secondary cyclonic chamber had clogged and I needed to remove the yellow cyclonic core to finish emptying the dust chamber and deal with the clog.  Since the dust cup was full, it left nowhere for the dust and pet hair in the upper chamber to go.  The dirt, dust, and pet hair fell all over the vacuum, the recently vacuumed carpet, and myself, of course!  I do not think it is healthy to come in contact with the filth which has been vacuumed out of the carpet, but it was unavoidable.  After returning the empty dust cup to the vacuum, *I needed to vacuum the vacuum* as it was covered with dirt and pet hair.

The pre-motor filter should be removed and cleaned after each emptying of the dust cup.  I had waited until 4 emptyings of the dust cup and it was clogged with fine dust and pet hair.  Rinse it under water after 3 or 4 cleanings as it does collect a lot of fine dust.  Let it dry thoroughly before returning it to the vacuum.  I may buy another reusable pre-motor filter so that I always have a dry one to return to the vacuum immediately.

The model I purchased, #89Q9, did not come with a stair cleaning tool, a bare floor cleaning attachment, a shoulder strap, an extra HEPA filter (for when it needs to be replaced), or the Shed Away Pet Grooming Vacuum Attachment.  I suppose I will purchase those soon as I want to have the full use of the vacuum's capabilities.

The Press, Grab & Go feature, used to undock the vacuum from the upright handle-powerfoot assembly for use as a canister type vacuum, is very easy to use and simple.  Hey, it works!  Another thing I wish Bissell and other manufacturers would solve/fix is, in order to clean the rotating brushes in the powerfoot and the Pet Turbobrush, you must have a screwdriver and partially disassemble the vacuum.  This should not require the use of any tools so that the average user can remove these brushes, clean them, and return them to their proper places for continued cleaning.  It should be easy!

Altogether, I am impressed with the vacuum's cleaning ability.  It does a good job. * Now, I just have to adjust to having a bagless and learn how to clean up after it.*  ***LOL***

Bissell Multicyclonic Upright Vacuum

This Bissell Bagless Vacuum cleaner is a good deal for the price. The dirt container can be removed very easily but sometimes there is a little difficulty in putting it back in the right position to get everything to line up and create the necessary seal. The handle is very easy to hold on to. The wheels on the vacuum roll easy across the carpets. The electrical cord is nice and long making it very easy to reach all around an average size room without unplugging it and moving to a different electrical outlet. I did find it messy to remove and wash the filters. The filters dried rather quickly though and were easy to put back into the vacuum cleaner. The suction power of the vacuum cleaner is adequate and appears to pick up everything from my carpets. The dirt container is a good size and removes very easily to be emptied. It is also very easy to replace the dirt container. The on and off switch is foot controlled and the positional button is also foot controlled, both of which are easy to reach and operate.

One of the best Bissell uprights out there.

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off MultiCyclonic Pet Upright Vacuum:

This is a very versitile vacuum that cleans carpets like none other. This multi-cyclonic upright vacuum this vacuum has a lift off pod with dual motors one to control the brush bar and then a suction motor located inside the lift off pod. This was the first liftoff vacuum Bissell created and they now have other lift off vacuums that are new and improved and yet this one still last the longest. I would definitely recommend this for comercial uses along with resedential use.

Maneuverability
This vacuum is very easy to use and it's tools make it no problem to get into tight spaces.

Ease of Maintenance
The only maintance that is needed to keep this vacuum running is after every use empty the dust bin and then ounce a month rinse out the filters.

Suction Performance
This vacuum has better suction than many other vacuums.

Versatility
The lift off pod makes this vacuum one of the most versitile vacuums I have ever used. It comes with three tools that make all of your above floor cleaning mutch easier than traditional upright vacuums. The only down side to the lift off pod is that only one of the tools store on the lift off pod so you have to go back to the upright unit to get the tools you need. The power nozel makes cleaning pet hair off furniture and stairs easier than ever.

• Versatility:

Better than okay, but not great

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off MultiCyclonic Pet Upright Vacuum:

The Bissell Lift-Off Multi-Cyclonic Pet Upright Vacuum is better than ok, but not great. It has the power to suck up a lot (and I mean A LOT) of pet hair BUT it clogs often. Just about every time I use it, I have to unclog it. I know it does a good job of vacuuming up dog and cat hair because I usually have to empty the container multiple times while I'm vacuuming my living room. At least once a time thought I have to take it apart and find where the clog is. Sometimes it is easy to find and others, I end up spending over 30 minutes trying to unclog it. The cord is nice and long so I don't have to unplug it as I move from room to room. It is nice that the motor/canister comes off. It makes it easy to vacuum my stairs. There are several attachments that help you reach the nooks and crannies. There is even a motorized handle that is good for vacuuming off furniture and getting all the pet hair off my couch and recliner. It does not do well going from one type of flooring to another. I have an area rug over part of my carpet and going from the carpet to the rug it is almost impossible to vacuum the rug without switching the settings. I do like that you can make it so the brushes are on or off so if you're on delicate flooring the brushes don't run.

• Versatility:

Vacuuming doesn't have to be painful on the back and wrist.

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off MultiCyclonic Pet Upright Vacuum:

Our Eureka Boss Smartvac finally died on us. Loved the power it had, and you know it was sucking up stuff really well, but it was heavy. After purchasing the Bissell, it's like pushing a feather, and sucks just as well! You can see it in the bagless container.

Maneuverability
Very easy to mover around. The handle goes down far so you can get down.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy. unlatch the container, and throw away the contents. It can get a little dusty though.... so don't shake. When in doubt, add a little water in it and swish it around, and dispose.

Suction Performance
Very good. The proof is in the container. After the end of the vacuuming, it looks you just cut off a piece of dreadlock hair.

Versatility
I LOVE the detachable part! Very light. Great for vacuuming the inside of the car.

Very well thought out. Maneuverability is similar that of the Dyson Ball. Feels pretty ergonomic. Even my 4yr old daughter can push it around.

So far, so good. Always good to get extra filters.

• Versatility:

Bissell pet vacuum didn't win the fight against my dogs hair

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off MultiCyclonic Pet Upright Vacuum:

I have previously owned two different models of the Bissell lift off multi cyclonic pet upright vacuum and I absolutely hated both of them! I was convinced to purchase these vacuums because my dog sheds like crazy and this was the only vacuum I could find in store that was made specifically for dog fur and it also wouldn't break the bank.
It was very heavy which was pretty painful in a two story house trying to constantly lug it up and down the stairs. It was also not easy to maneuver around furniture and this vacuum is very wide so it couldn't reach in more narrow spaces.
It was easy enough to empty but this vacuum also got dusty and looked dirty after awhile. It also did not live up to my dogs constant and heavy shedding. Different parts needed to be replaced before the vacuum would completely die after a year. This happened with both models of this vacuum that I owned.
I have since moved on a couple months ago to the Shark vacuum and it works so much better then the Bissell pet vacuum. I would not recommend this vacuum for any dog breed then a short haired chihuahua.

Bissell Multicyclonic Upright Vacuum

from Hermiston, OR

• Versatility:

Very good if you have dogs that shed

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off MultiCyclonic Pet Upright Vacuum:

We have two long haired dogs that shed quite a bit and this vacuum does a very good job of picking up all of the hair and dirt in our house and has been very durable. We have purchased four different vacuums over the past five years that claimed to do a good job with dog hair. They have all worked rather well but the first three each lasted for only about a year before the motors blew. We have had this Bissell machine for over two years and it is still going strong. You will want to keep a few spare belts on hand-we have changed the belt about every six months. They are easy to change and we have not had to replace any other parts for the vacuum. It is also very easy to clean the individual parts of this vacuum. We have carpet throughout the majority of our 2050 square foot home and vacuum our house about twice weekly.

Maneuverability
It is a little heavy but has a nice handle in which to move it from one level of your house to another.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to clean this product and to also take apart and put back together.

Suction Performance
Can use for low or high carpet or hardwood floors.

Versatility
Also has many attachments for other special uses.

All attaghments are on back of vacuum and is easily stored in a closet.

Has lasted longer than any other vacuum we have had that specially touts its ability to work well for those of us with four legged family members.

• Versatility:

Ok vacuum, but not the best at cleaning up dog hair.

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off MultiCyclonic Pet Upright Vacuum:

This vacuum cleans up dirt and some pet hair from carpets. However, if I want to do a quick clean on my hard surface floors, with or without the brush turned on, ,it does a very poor job at cleaning up anything.

Maneuverability
Easy to maneuver. Doesn't fit in tight spots but it never claimed to. Kind of heavy to carry but its nice that the main unit does detach from the base for ease with vacuuming the stairs and making it much lighter.

Ease of Maintenance
No bags to deal with and that's always a plus. However, I have noticed that things get stuck in suction portion underneath the brush. That's not easy to get to. Other than that, it's easy to clean and maintain.

Suction Performance
Okay with vacuuming carpets. Definitely not the greatest for pet owners and poor suction on hard surfaces unless you are using the attachments.

Versatility
It came with a lot of attachments which can be useful. It came with an attachment to get pet hair off furniture. Sounds great but ours never worked. I gave it a 5 because of how it detaches from the base to clean the stairs.

very durable

Good Vacuum for pet hair

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off MultiCyclonic Pet Upright Vacuum:

We purchased this vacuum about 7 years ago. We had a different version Bissell vacuum, which we had just used to sweep the carpets and furniture. Upon using this vacuum, we picked up almost an entire canister of cat hair that our old Bissell left behind. I purchased based on Cat Fancy's recommendation. The Hepa filter may not be great as I still have allergy problems when the vacuum is running, but it does a really good job with pet hair. After 7 years of excessive use, this vacuum is still running good, but the plastic parts are starting to break. At this point, we have duct taped part of the canister, part of the hose, etc. However, with so much use, I would say this vacuum was well worth the price, especially for multiple pet homes. Other vacuums do not do as good of a job. My biggest complaint is the bulkiness of the vacuum. It's heavy and hard to get up and down the stairs for a smaller person.

Maneuverability
Hard to get up and down the stairs - heavy

Most parts are plastic.

Suction Performance
Picks up pet hair like a champ

Versatility
can use as a floor vac on flat and carpet, has removable canister part and hose to use on furniture.

Some parts are not well made.

Some parts are not well made.

• Versatility:

Great for light shedding pets

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off MultiCyclonic Pet Upright Vacuum:

After burning through several other brands of vacuums with our German Shepherd, I decided to give Bissell a try. This vacuum does it's job well, but there are some things that bug be about it. There are 2 screws that attach the handle to the trunk of the vacuum. I find myself constantly pushing the handle back into place to due to those screws loosening. The small attachment parts are constantly falling off; we've fixed that problem with a plastic grocery bag that hangs form a small hook on the back of the handle.

I have also found that the motor warms up much faster than my other vacuums. Our dog sheds alot all the time, so this vacuum had been put through the ringer on a daily basis. But the hot motor worries me. For the price I paid for this vacuum, I would expect better durability after only 6 months of use.

Overall, for light shedding pets, this vacuum is perfect. For heavy shedders, it will make do until something better comes along.

• Versatility:

One mean carpet cleaning machine behind pets of all kinds!!!

from Moscow, ID

Comments about Bissell Lift-Off MultiCyclonic Pet Upright Vacuum:

Great vacuum especially if you have pets. Great for pulling up pet hair from any surface. Easy to manuever and powerful. Puts a Dyson to shame for a quarter of the price! Easy to service and all the attachments are a major plus and all have a use.

Maneuverability
Maneuvers very well with little effort.

Ease of Maintenance
Filters are easy to get too but cleaning the brush is a bit of a chore.

Suction Performance
Not only pulls up cat hair but also a ton of dirt with every pass. Works great behind guinea pigs too.

Versatility
The lift off design makes this a very light weight but very powerful unit when you need to clean awkward or high surfaces.