3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Great vacuum with great features for a great price!

The Bissell Healthy Home Vacuum will give you a deep clean with very little effort.  It comes with a HEPA filter that purifies the air as you vacuum, so the dusty exhaust air you get with other vacuums is eliminated.  It also has an upholstery attachment that is great for cleaning pet hair off of furniture and rugs.   You can vacuum bare floors and carpeting, and with the included attachments you can even vacuum rugs, furniture, stairs, walls, and ceilings.

It is a bagless canister vacuum that is very easy to empty.  The canister is clear with a full line to let you know when it is time to empty.  The cord is also a great length at around 30 feet long.  The only downsides to this vacuum are the weight - it's quite heavy - and the storage for the attachments - they're not very convenient to get to and attach.  I would still recommend this vacuum to anyone - especially pet owners or people with allergies to dust.

Could have been better!

I really truly loved this product at first. Then I noticed it heated up when I used it and released a lot of very warm air while vacuuming. Vacuuming itself is hard enough already, who needs hot air blowing on them while they're doing it?! We clean it often and find that it's a real pain to dump the dirt, (It narrows at the bottom where the lid releases.) We have found that the vacuum doesn't pick up all of our dogs hair, and shes not really a shedder (short haired dog). I just recently went to vacuum my living room and found that the button to turn my vacuum cleaner on would not stay depressed. So in order to vacuum I have to hold the button! I've had my vacuum less than a year and am hoping to be able to call customer service and have it replaced. If that goes well with no problems the vacuum will definitely go up a few notches in my opinion! Great customer service means everything nowadays.

I contacted costumer service, and of course, they're outsourced in India!  The representative I spoke with actually had me take my vacuum apart and had me try to fix it myself! Not only that but the closest service center was in the middle of a ghetto, *not* close by. I was floored by their lack of help.

Not Worth the Money

from MI

Comments about Bissell Healthy Home Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I have had this vacuum for about 5 years, the majority of which I lived in a home with hardwood floors. That being said - it hasn't had a great deal of heavy-duty use since I've owned it, mostly just use on area rugs and bare floors. We moved to a new home about 6 months ago that is now primarily carpeted, so now this vacuum is really being put to the test. I have to say, I am really disappointed. For the price of this baby, it should really be doing amazing things. But, after less than 5 years of rather light use, it is already falling apart. The hose attachment in the back has holes in it and when I run it on the hardwood floors in the kitchen, rather than suck, it mostly just spits everything around. Another downfall - it is very, very heavy. Like, extremely heavy. We have two floors in our home and I hate lugging this thing to the second floor because it is just that heavy. We have an additional Shark stick vac that I use for lighter cleaning, and I much prefer that to this any day. Save your money - or if you are going to spend some money, shell out a little bit extra and go with a Dyson or a better vacuum than this. Disappointed.

So heavy.

Decent Entry Level Vacuum

from Iowa

Comments about Bissell Healthy Home Bagless Upright Vacuum:

This vacuum is ok as a starter vacuum. The opening on the canister broke off after one year, so it was annoying to have to buy an expensive part and pay for shipping. It seemed like it did a good job, but when I used the hose, pieces of dirt, larger pieces, etc. would easily get stuck in the area where the house and vacuum attached, which required me to stop what I was doing and clean out the obstruction. Emptying the canister is a bit of a hassle too. Sometimes it is hard to get the canister to snap back into place and once you get a bit of dirt in the canister, the vacuum does not seem like it retains its suction. It is heavy too.

Maneuverability
It is heavy and a bit difficult to maneuver at times. It isn't terrible, but it isn't easy either.

Ease of Maintenance
It is pretty easy to maintain, but has cheap parts on it that break easily.

Suction Performance
If the canister is empty it has great suction. If it has a bit of dirt or a lot of dirt in the canister the suction capabilities go way down.

Versatility
I like that you can use it for carpets or use the tools. They are versatile and help immensely.

It seems to be cheaply made. The hose gets in the way sometimes and is bulky and awkward.

As mentioned before, one of the pieces broke easily with little use and required me to spend more money to purchase the replacement part online and to ship it, which was annoying; however, I was glad that I didn't have to purchase an entirely new vacuum.

works very well

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Bissell Healthy Home Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I just got this attachment for my vacuum cleaner and I love it!I use it to do my stairs and it suctions very well and the thing spins very fast.Picks up everything it touches.I don't know how I lived without this for so long.I also use it for cleaning under the furniture and on the furniture.Also good for areas where you can't get to with the main unit.

Great product

from Russellville, KY

Comments about Bissell Healthy Home Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I actually won the Bissell Healthy Home vacuum cleaner on a Dr. Oz giveaway. It is a hypoallergenic vacuum and bagless, which makes it perfect for my family with asthma. This attachment works perfect for me to get in smaller spaces. We do not have carpet in our house, but it still works just as good on hardwood. I mainly use this attachment to clean the seats and floor in my car. This awesome attachment has wonderful suction and cleans all of those little crumbs that the children leave behind. Very powerful attachment. I'm so glad to have this vacuum and look forward to using it for a long time.

• Versatility:

A heavy vacuum but good on pet hair

from Goldsboro, NC

Comments about Bissell Healthy Home Bagless Upright Vacuum:

This had been a good vacuum for me, but it is very heavy and on the hard side to push and maneuver. It works well on pet hair and the roller attachment is phenomenal! There are a few extension options and they are all long enough and great for getting in corners and small spaces. The hand hose stretches very far making it great for stairs and high places. I like using a bagless so I can see how much I have accumulated and the clear canister on this vacuum lets me do just that. When you remove the canister you press a button and a little “door” drops down to let the dirt out. This did break on me once, and I had to call for a replacement. Also, twice I could not get it to turn on and after reading troubleshooting in the manual it turned out my handle had come a bit loose and this prevents the machine from turning on. Overall, I think it is a little overpriced, but for the most part I have been pleased.

• Versatility:

This attachment makes my vacuum so much more versatile.

from Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Comments about Bissell Healthy Home Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I love this attachment for my vacuum. We have pets and I have tried for years to find an effective way to keep up with removing fur from furniture. From sticky rollers to sponge hair grabbers, I've tried them all. This works! It's essentially a tiny beater-bar vacuum that attaches to the hose. It gets into small spaces easily and really grabs up all the pet hair. It's also terrific for hard to reach corners where the vacuum won't quite fit.

Maneuverability
It is small enough to fit into tight spaces.

I have had my vacuum for more than 3 years and it is still working great.

• Versatility:

Great vacuum that really knows how to suck.

from Clovis, CA

I absolutely love it.

Maneuverability
It gets where I need it to go.

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to dump dirt so you can get back to the task at hand.

great suction

Versatility
Goes from carpet to tile floor with no effort. Turn off roller and you are good to go.

The only problem I have with the design is the storage of the attachment brush. It refuses to stay on it's peg. I have had to remove it and is therefore not right there when I need it.

Seems very well built.

• Versatility:

This is a piece of junk.

Comments about Bissell Healthy Home Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I bought two of these new a couple years ago. They are crap. Both of them have shorts in the handles, BOTH. The thing will short out while you are sweeping and you have to stop, re-align it, start over again, over and over and OVER. A royal pain in the butt. The stuff won't come out of the tanke when you are trying to empty it. Both of my tank hingles broke off in the first few weeks, they are now duck taped back so I can empty them. You WILL have to stick your hand up there to pull the junk out. DO NOT BUY

Good Power Machine for the Money

from Kaukauna, WI

Comments about Bissell Healthy Home Bagless Upright Vacuum:

Okay the lowdown on this is that it's going to pick up even the most ground in dirt or the deep down stuff. The bad news is that it picks it up so fast that you may have to empty that cup a bit more often. I consider my house to be reasonably clean but I do have two dogs who shed quite a bit along with them bringing in a little dirt with their paws. This vacuum can handle it as long as I empty the container. I find that it suctions up much better after I empty that container.

Maneuverability
It pushes quite easily. It gets up tight next to the wall and does a pretty good job on stairs.

Ease of Maintenance
As long as you keep emptying that canister of dust, debris, you will have it running the best that it can. I didn't find so far (owned 4 months) that I have to do a lot to maintain it.

Suction Performance
I think almost any vacuum will have decent suction power..this one is not going to lift the carpet up but it will pick up everything. The filling of the dirt canister is going to tell you how good of a job it's doing.

Versatility
It works great on any length carpet. I use it on the hard surfaces as well. It does a fairly good job on the stairs.

Love the upright. It's easier on my back than a canister would be. I would rather push than pull.

Holds up good with average handler.

Its okay.

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Bissell Healthy Home Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I thought it would pick up dust better and pet hairs but it seems like any other vac out there to me. It does the job but nothing extra exciting. I read it has 9 cilnyder cycloon but it just doesnt do it for me. I do how ever really like the back piece that is for spot cleaning now that is very powerful and does its job. I would love the vac itself if it had that same power.