Other Vacuums:

Bissell Cleanview II Plus Upright Bagless Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Great Bagless vacuum for low money

The Bissell Cleanview Bagless vacuum is a excellent product for everyday cleaning . The price is very nice as well we got ours on sale at wal-mart for 79.99

I have a...Read complete review

I have a dog who is part Chow Chow and she sheds year around everyday , The bissell cleanview 2 is great at getting up the dog and cat hair I cant beleive all the hair it gets up you could Knit a rug with what it picks up everyday . its easy to use epically emptying out the dirt container you just slid the bar and dump in the trash . once a week or so you slide out the circular filter give it a shake outside and pop it back in .

This vacuum is not to heavy and has a pop in and out attached hose so there is no hunting for the attachments . It has lots of adjustments from thick rugs to bare floor . edges pick up well for those dusty corners .

Over all I think this is a excellent value and wonderful product and from what It see works as good as some much higher priced vacuums .

Wish I had a different vac

I have had to replace the brush on the bottom because the plastic ends keep breaking off or melting! Too mush plastic in this thing.  Also the belt rubs against something (my husband tells me) and it makes a horrible shrieking noise. It seems to pick up most of the time. I am just disappointed in the overall quality of this vacuum.  I have never had good luck with a hoover so I decided to try this one and wish I had bought something else.

Gets the job done

from Harvard Il

Comments about Bissell Cleanview II Plus Upright Bagless Vacuum:

I was given this vacuum a few months after the person who gave it to me had bought it. I was excited for a new vacuum and couldn't wait to try it out. I love clean spaces so a vacuum is a good gift for me. I was happy it has a hepa filter and a removable container to empty when it gets full of dust,dirt and grime. It also has a handy vac attachment that you put on the extender hose. I like to use this attachment for cleaning stairs or smaller messes that don't require the full vacuum. It is easy to use and clean. But I have found that the hose tends to get so packed with dirt and debris that it clogs the vacuum and therefore does not pick up anything but instead shoots dust into the air defeating the purpose of vacuuming.... I find that I have to clean the vacuum frequently because of this. I have never had to clean a vacuum this much before, I don't know if it is a issue with just this model or just mine....but either way I still think it is a handy vacuum to have and that it does do a good job at cleaning up messes.

Ease of Maintenance
clogs easily

Great Vacuum

Comments about Bissell Cleanview II Plus Upright Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum works great, I've had it for a year now, had no problems at all. Picks up really well, the canister is really easy to empty and clean. The suction power is really good, gets the down deep stuff. It glides over the carpet with ease. Has good attachments. I would definitely recommend.

We lucked out!

from Winchendon, MA

Comments about Bissell Cleanview II Plus Upright Bagless Vacuum:

When our last vacuum died we had just bought a house and were not in a position to spend a lot for a new one. We went to the store, deliberately picked the cheapest one we could find and crossed our fingers it would do the trick! Four years later and its still kicking! We have two dogs and three young children so it sees it share of almost daily action and works great! I love how easy the canister is to empty and that you can see when its full. The filter is easy to clean as well, just rinse and let air dry. Its been a wonderful vacuum for a wonderful price and we'll buy the same one again when our current one finally bites the dust!

• Versatility:

I think my bissel works great!

from Melcher, IA

Comments about Bissell Cleanview II Plus Upright Bagless Vacuum:

My Bissel sweeper is less than a year old.  I works really well.  We have a long haired dog that is an inside dog.  Needless to say this type of dog does shed quite a bit.  This vacuum picks the hair up the pet hair very well and the vacuum is really used a lot. The one thing that  I really love is that I do not have to mess with bags.  The really great thing is the filters can all be removed and washed.  When I do wash them I am amazed at how much dirt this vaccum really picks up.  The canister where the dirt etc. goes into can be washed so it really smells clean.  It has a really great feature in the fact that the tools are all stored right on the vacuum.  It is not self-propelled but it is not too heavy for me to use.  I have to go up a couple of steps from our great room and it is not at all heavy for me to lift. It has a light so even in the dark corners of my house I can see where I am vacuuming.l

Bissel is the best

from Upper Darby, PA

Comments about Bissell Cleanview II Plus Upright Bagless Vacuum:

Bissel Cleanview II Vacuum is the best full function vacuum I ahve ever used. I bought it almost 3 and half years ago from Macy;s when they were closing one of their stores. I love it because you can see the dirt as it goes inside the can that you can empty and wash once it gets full . The see threw part is the best because you know exactly when to empty the dirt . Also this is a very powerfull vaccuum it sucks the dirt from deep down the carpet and leaves it fresh and clean looking . I also love the attachments because they are easy to use . I talk about this vacuum to all my friends . I reccommend this vaccuum to anybody who wants to get something that works well and lasts a long time .

• Versatility:

Great all in one bagless vacuum!

from Spring, TX

Comments about Bissell Cleanview II Plus Upright Bagless Vacuum:

We bought this vacuum 6 years ago when we first got married and have loved it every year we've had it!  It has great suction and great attachments.  When we bought our first home, we got hardwood floors I was worried, even though this has a bare floor setting, about it scratching the wood floors.  I bought the deluxe wood floor cleaner and now I love this vaccum even more!  It's light weight to carry up stairs and really works like a charm!  Clean up isn't too bad either, you just take apart the pieces rinse them thoroughly with warm water and then let them air dry.  The only problem with that is that one of the filters usually takes more than a day to dry out so if I need it before then I have to use the hair dryer otherwise it smells like mildew.  Not something I want.  The only other problem we've had with this vacuum is that sometimes the drive belt slips off and the brushes don't turn.  I can usually tell pretty quickly when that happens so I just have to take the bottom guard off and slip the belt back on and we're back in business!

Suction Performance
Just remember to clean out the cups and filters on a regular basis.

Versatility
I use it on my hardwood floors with the deluxe hardwood floor attachment

We've had ours for 8 years now and it's still going strong!

• Versatility:

average but long lasting vacuum

from Eugene, OR

Comments about Bissell Cleanview II Plus Upright Bagless Vacuum:

We have had this vacuum for at least 4 years. I love that it is bag-less and has separate filters for dust. The dust filters are all removable, washable, and replaceable. It has a small brush attachment for the hose that was great for cleaning up pet hair, but after about a year the brush inside stopped spinning so it no longer works.

This vacuum is pretty sensitive as far as the settings it includes. The height settings go from bare floor to high carpet and if you have it on a slightly off setting it will either pick up items and spit them out our not pick them up at all. I've found that the setting just two notches above bare floor works best for our low pile carpeting.

I love the indicator light the flashes green when it's vacuuming up something and red when it's not. It helps indicate whether it has sucked up everything in the carpeted areas of our home.

Stood up to everything I have thrown at it

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Bissell Cleanview II Plus Upright Bagless Vacuum:

I was just using this Bissel Cleanview II Vacuum today and wondering if it was every going to quit working. I have had it for four years, however in that time I have used it at my work place, in new home CONSTRUCTION, in my house, and in my cars. With two little children it has preformed every task with a gusto! The hose is very handy, though the faster my children get the less I have time to use it! Ha ha! I haven't had to clean out the brush yet, so it might be time for that. I love the attachments and us them on my furniture. It has an attachment for stairs, and a crevice attachment for anything you might need that for, and an extension attachment. Very handy. I love the easy that it is to empty. You don't really need to read anything because it is just like you would think it would be set up. All the pieces can be hand washed and are very easy to clean as well. (this is very important)

Does a good job, but I don't love it.

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Bissell Cleanview II Plus Upright Bagless Vacuum:

I have had the Bissell Cleanview II vacuum cleaner for about three years now and have been satisfied with its cleaning ability, although I am not sure I would buy it again. It works well and mostly does what I need it to do.

**Things I like about it:**

- Seven options for different floor heights, including one for a bare floor - I like this because I greatly prefer vacuuming tile floors over sweeping them.

- Wide cleaning path - it doesn't get every last bit, but its ability to grab things close to the edges of its width exceeded my expectations.

- Bagless - no need to purchase replacement bags.

**Things I don't really like:**

- It's pretty heavy and bulky.

- Like most vacuums, it doesn't turn very easily.

- For me at at least, the hose attachment is sometimes difficult to detach properly. There is kind of an inner and outer layer, and the outer layer often comes off while the inner layer stays attached to the main hose. This is a bit annoying in addition to the fact that dirt can get trapped between the two layers, so when the outer one pops off without the inner one, dirt can fall out.

- Bagless - as you can see, this is a pro and a con. I like not having to buy bags, but I'm pretty sensitive to dust and dirt, so removing the canister grosses me out and causes lots of sneezing for me. Thankfully someone else will usually handle this part!

Bissell Cleanview Bagless Vacuums Suck (Awesome) Big Time!

from Napoleon, MI

Comments about Bissell Cleanview II Plus Upright Bagless Vacuum:

The title should read . . . Bissell Cleanview Vacuum.

I was a big fan of Speed Vacs, but when they brought the Phantom Fury to Canada they discontinued making the Speed Vac. Talk about disappointment, the Speed Vac was a great vacuum, light, powerful suction, bagless, and a great price.

I bought a Phantom Fury and was so very disappointed, and immediately started my search for a decent vacuum cleaner. All of them I tried would very quickly start spewing out dust when they were turned on. In the summer I was contending with very sandy conditions, and needed a well sealed vacuum that was easy to clean. I tried Hoover's, EuroPro's and other brand names only to quickly move onto the next. For a few years I was using a Shop Vac. Then one day I tried the new vacuum my niece had purchased. That was a couple of years ago, and I have never looked back. I purchased a couple of them and use them upstairs and down. I wouldn't trade my Bissell Cleanview Bagless Vacuum cleaners for love nor money.

Oh and I must tell you I am not just your average homemaker. LOL I ran a hunting and fishing lodge for years, and I know what I like in a vacuum cleaner.