Other Vacuums:

Bissell CleanView Helix Plus Bagless Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Love this vacuum, great value, great price!

We actually loved this product so much this is our 2nd. My future mother-in-law gave us a previous version many years ago when my fiance and I got our first place together. After several years, a dog, and child and many moves it got old, dusty, and run down plus our little one punctured the hose. I purchased our new Bissell cleanview Helix Deluxe right after it was put on the shelves at our local Target. I have loved it ever since. It has a great filtration system and Hepa filtration technology. There is a turbo brush attachment as well as the other 3 optional attachments. The cord releases easily and winds up neatly. There is 5 carpet length options including bare floor. It offers dual edge cleaning, as well. This vacuum does the job and is very lightweight. I find that it is very easy and convenient to store in a closet. I love the bagless technology; also with that is an easy clean dust container and the filters clean easily too! I highly recommend this product.

Don't waste your money!

This vac was the biggest disappointment in a purchase I have made in many years! I thought it would be a nice, inexpensive vac, but I was so wrong!

ManeuverabilityRead complete review

Maneuverability
For an upright vac, this one moved around pretty well. It certainly wasn't as good as ones I have owned in the past, but I could "deal" with it. It did not clean near base boards well, didn't do corners well, and didn't clean well under the edges of furniture and bedding.

Ease of Maintenance
Changing a belt or anything else in this model was a major pain! I have had other models that were a bit challenging, but this one makes it almost impossible. My daughter usually can "fix" just about anything, with ease. This model gave her such trouble that she simply refused to do anything more than empty the dust container.

Suction Performance
This model was a total disappointment in suction performance!! I had to go over the same areas multiple times and it still wouldn't be "clean". It does not pick up cat hair very well at all! Kitty litter made the unit fail completely. I have used cheap vacs before than would clean better than this one. My ex used it one day to clean the tracked out litter from around one of the litter boxes, and that literally killed the vac. Since I use a premium scooping litter, it's a very fine consistency, so this should have not been an issue. It should have not been any worse on the vac than cleaning up sand from the beach, but that was the final blow to kill this unit.

Versatility
The unit was just ok in this department. The included tools with the unit work fair, but I have owned other units that have been much more versatile in function than this one. I am not impressed at all.

The unit looks nice. It's not super heavy, and it looks like it would be a fairly good upright vac. But in this case, looks are most definitely deceiving. The unit looks like you can clean with ease, but that is not the case.

This unit was just awful when it comes to durability. I had this unit for less than three months when it died. The worst part, I didn't even use this one all the time during that period of time. I used my old vac a lot, since it picked up cat hair better and would clean around the base boards and such better. I was just shocked when it died after such a short period of time. It wasn't like this was the cheapest vac at the store! Sure, it's not a top of the line vac, but I have seen cheap little stick vacs work better and last much longer than this one did. I will never waste my money on this product again. I did contact the company when the unit died, to see if they would fix it or replace it. They wanted me to pay to ship it to them, which would have cost more than I had paid for the vac, with the added fees for insurance and such added in and they would determine if they would do anything then. Needless to say, I did not ship it back to them. I tried several times to get them to concede to repair this unit or replace it, since it was only a few months old, but they never would give in. I will never buy a product from them again.

Bissell Cleanview bagless vacuum

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Plus Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum is not the best out there. Right out of the box it worked great, after just a few weeks of use it would take me three or four swipes on the carpet to get it to pick anything up. I bought this at a big box store so no warranty unfortunately. The hose and attachments, which were necessities to me, only worked for a short time as well. I used the attachment to clean the stairs mainly and after a while there was just no more suction. It would get very hot and just stop working mid vacuum. I would have to let it sit for a while to get it going again. Don't waste your money.

Maneuverability
This vacuum is very heavy! I have a very long staircase and I could not get it upstairs without a struggle. It was bulky to get around furniture and under tables too.

Ease of Maintenance
This vacuum has a large filter that collects dust and needs to be cleaned constantly. Dumping the container out was the only easy thing on this.

Suction Performance
Horrible, I could barely suck up a piece of hair.

Versatility
It comes with several attachments and a fairly long hose.

It is very big and hard to put away in a closet.

Lasted me just a few weeks before I had problems with it.

Love this vacuum!!!

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Plus Bagless Vacuum:

My husband surprised me a few months ago with a brand new Bissell CleanView Helix Plus Bagless Vacuum and I could not be happier! Every time I use this vacuum, it makes me wish that every room in my house was carpet! I love this vacuum so much that I am actually thinking about putting in a lot more carpet! It has great suction! It picks up rocks, paper, plastic, pesky animal dander, and even the occasional screw that I did not know was even there! It is a little loud, but I am okay with that. My dog does not try to attack it, so that is good too. It picks up cat hair too! I use it on my hard floor sometimes and it is easy to go from the carpet to the hard floor. All I have to do is turn a knob on the front. I do like the hose, but not the brush. When I put the brush on the hose, it seems to lose a lot of suction. If I ever have to buy another vacuum cleaner though, I have every intention of buying another one of these!

It is worth the money

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Plus Bagless Vacuum:

Overall, this is a great vacuum. I am able to use this vacuum to clean almost anything….from the carpets to the baseboards to the vents to the stairs. The vacuum works well on my carpet and really deep cleans. The suction hose with attachments also allows for a deep clean of the baseboards and vents and stairs. Each attachment is easy to use and easy to attach. The vacuum itself and the attachments are easy to clean which is a bonus. I also like that it is a bagless vacuum. I like the convenience of this. I can dump the dirt in the trash and wash out the clear part the dirt goes into. The first time I used this vacuum I was flabbergasted with how much more dirt and dust it sucked up than my last vacuum. My son struggles with respiratory issues and it seems to be helping this as well. The vacuum is also reasonably priced for the excellent job it does at cleaning.

Maneuverability
It has a long cord and it glides easily across the floor. It also is not too bulky so it is easily moved.

Ease of Maintenance
It is very easy to clean and keep maintained.

Suction Performance
I believe this does a great job at sucking up dirt and dust in hard to reach places or in areas you cannot vacuum.

The design is good. It is not too bulky and has a wide base for easy and quick cleaning.

I have had this vacuum for a few years so I would say it is quite durable.

Great Vacuum, However

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Plus Bagless Vacuum:

I purchased this vacuum really wanted to like it. It is from a reputable brand and I have been happy in the past with vacuums from this brand. I do like it, however it is sort of big and awkward to handle, especially in tight spaces.

Maneuverability
It maneuvers well in wide open spaces, however falls short in tight spaces, and it does not roll easily under beds and other furniture.

Ease of Maintenance
It is very easy to maintain this unit. Each time I use, I wipe it down with a damp rag and call it a day. I also like that the filter is very easy to get to.

Suction Performance
This does a great job with suction, however not so great on indoor/outdoor carpet.

Versatility
Somewhat versatile, although it tends to drag a little when moving from different surfaces

I like the overall design and the styling and color of the unit, works well with the decor of the home.

I will say this, when I make the mistake of having my kids to vacuum, they pick up everything under the sun. So far this unit have held up to that, so I give it a 10 for that reason.

• Versatility:

The best vacuum I've had in many years.

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Plus Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum is fantastic! It adjusts from bare floor to thick pile carpets, has three different attachments (including the turbo brush for deeper cleaning) and seriously sucks. The power and handle release are both easy to hit with your foot. Everything has it's place and fits back in nicely. Throw in the fact that it is light and easy to maneuver and you've just created my perfect vacuum.

I gave it a 9 out of 10 because cleaning out the canister can be a bit messy.

Maneuverability
It's so light and easy to use. The hose is super flexible and plenty long. I couldn't be happier about it's maneuverability.

Ease of Maintenance
It's easy to clean, but it's not uncommon for me to make a little bit of a mess with the canister contents.

Suction Performance
With the height adjustor, you can do everything from a bare floor to deep pile - and it will be clean!

The front is low enough to get under counters and the bristles have great reach. Bravo!

Very powerful vacuum!

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Plus Bagless Vacuum:

The Bissell CleanView Helix Plus Bagless Vacuum is a powerful and versatile vacuum.
This big boy comes with a wide cleaning head and large canister. There is a hose attachment for cleaning up high and in tight spaces where the body of the vacuum cannot fit. But this hose is not the ineffective nozzle you may be used to, it has its own cleaning brush, the suction is powerful enough to move a second beater bar located inside the paw shaped attachment that goes on the end of the hose. It can actually get those hard to reach areas clean rather than just picking up some of what is there.

Maneuverability
Like most bagless upright vacuums, this one has 2 stationary wheels, meaning the movement is highly dependent on your ability to steer. It cannot get into tight spaces or under a bed but the attached 'claw' style hose can.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to maintain, just remove the canister and empty into a trash bag.

Suction Performance
Great suction that keeps going until the canister is full! it does not quit early.

Versatility
Relatively versatile considering the hose has a very cool cleaning attachment that has its very own cleaning brush to get those hard to reach areas truly clean.

Attractive enough.

Very durable, we have bashed this into furniture legs and walls (not on purpose) and it is holding up well.

Bissell Cleanview Helix Plus Bagless is the right choice

from Lexington, Kentucky

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Plus Bagless Vacuum:

I just moved into my new home with wall to wall carpet throughout the upstairs and also including the staircase so I went out and bought a new vacuum, the Bissell Cleanview Helix Plus Bagless. I am very happy with my choice and how easy it is to keep my new carpet clean.

Maneuverability
The Bissell Cleanview has a wide cleaning path for easy and fast cleaning in wide open areas and the powerful upright converts to a portable canister making the staircase a breeze to keep clean.

Ease of Maintenance
Maintaining the new Bissell is as easy as lifting off the dirt container and emptying it into the trash can. I never have to worry with buying bags and replacing them.

Suction Performance
The suction is really great in both the wide brush and the revolution system extends suction power when I need the lift off container for cleaning smaller areas.

Versatility
The Bissell Cleanview is versatile in both the wide brush or the lift off container unit making large and small jobs both easily done.

The design is like an upright vacuum but with the lift off I can just press grab and go.

The Bissell Cleanview seems to be well made and very durable.

• Versatility:

This vacuum does it's job and well!

from Nazareth, pa

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Plus Bagless Vacuum:

My husband surprised me with this vacuum one morning after ours had broke. I could wait to get it together. It is so light weight and was so easy to assemble I didn't need him for anything. I usually make him vacuum our stairs and carry the vacuum upstairs, we have a spiral staircase, and I can do both myself now.

Maneuverability
I love how lightweight it is to move around but it is a little on the bigger side to get into tight spaces.

Ease of Maintenance
This vacuum has very easy to clean sections. All the filters are able to be risened out and air dried to clean. The "tank" that collects everything comes out very easily and you just dump it and go back to using the vacuum.

Suction Performance
I have three children, a dog, and two cats and this gets every mess they can make for me up with ease.

Versatility
This is a little bulky to get into tight spaces and to do stairs but other than that it works great.

The design is very good could use to be a bit smaller.

I've had mine going on about a year and it still works great. It has held up to my family well. I honestly figured I would have had to replace it by now because my husband does not do all his research before buying something like this.

8 years and still going strong

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Plus Bagless Vacuum:

I love it,just had to replace the brush part and the belt and relaced all filters after having it for 8 years.

Maneuverability
easier on less fiber carpet

Ease of Maintenance
too many filters in my opinion to clean

Suction Performance
It has some powerful suction

Versatility
It's a bit clumsy when picking it up and carrying it

I love the design but a bit bulky

8 years before I changed everything and it still picked up well before I changed everything.

This vacuum is AWESOM!

from East Moline, IL

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Plus Bagless Vacuum:

I love this vacuum. I love any bissell vacuum I have been using bissell for the last 13 yrs. I use it in my bathroom and my kitchen. It is good for animal messes too. Not having to change the bag is great. I even use it on my furniture. It isnt extremely loud either so I can vacuum anytime I want so it doesnt bug my neighbors since I live in an apartment. I would say it is thebest vacuum I have ever bought.