Other Vacuums:

Bissell CleanView Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum

Pros

Cons

Good suction, but the Bissell Helix is one dust-spitting machine

This vacuum does a GREAT job sucking up cat hair from the rugs and furniture.  I have two cats who track litter and shed hair everywhere.  I also have a 9-month old baby who is crawling all over the place.  So I'm very finicky about making sure the floors are clean for her.   Compared to my last relic of a vacuum, the Bissell Cleanview Helix does a fantastic job picking up hair that clings to fabrics.  The room always looks spotless afterwards.

My biggest gripes with it are 1) an incredible amount of dusty debris is spit out of the vacuum and covers almost the entire surface of the vacuum - front, back and sides, top and bottom.   It's quite annoying considering i'm trying to get the place CLEAN.  So if all that dirt and dust is getting spit back out and clinging to the outside of the vacuum, now much is getting put back into the air and settling back onto the floors? I have to constantly wipe the vacuum down with a Lysol wipe, which is time-consuming;  2) The hose has very little stretching power.   So when I move around with the vacuum while using the hose feature, the vacuum almost ALWAYS tops over.   I've tried to stretch the hose out, thinking maybe it was just tight because it's still new.   But that doesn't help.   The hose it pretty long but doesn't extend well and causes the machine to fall over.

A Disappointment

We have hardwood floors & 3 large (no pile) area rugs.  After you minus the area being vacuumed by the furniture sitting on top of it there is not much vacuuming so you would think any vacuum would be a breeze..not this one!  It is like pushing around a piano!!!

Cleaning this (there are 3 filter areas that you have to clean yourself and 1 heppa filter that needs to be replaced) becomes a chore in itself.  In addition, ofter only 1 use, all the filters are clogged filled with dust again - I clean regularly so the vacuum is not being overworked.

When using the hose - I can only use it in corners & edges, (forget the stairs - it just doesn't work for stairs), if the vacuum falls over a dust cloud comes flying out (and this is still immediatly after being cleaned).  Also, if you try to stretch the hose, even a little, the whole unit falls over, again causing a dust cloud to come out and typically falls into you.  It also does not pick up small dirt particles.

I have only had this vacuum 6 months and only this long to try and give it a chance - it is the worst.  My 25+ year old Hover Run-about with a bag did an infinitly better job than this, sadly, it expired.

This vacuum is a is a total back-breaking nightmare.

It was a complete watse of money and has rendered itself useless!  As they say, you get what you pay for!

Bissell Bagless Upright Vacuum Works Well

from Berwyn, Illiniois 60402

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Cleans Well For Low Price
  • Easy To Use

Cons

• Cleans Carpet And Couch
    • Home

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I bought a Bissell Powerforce Turbo Helix bagless Upright vacuum to replace a six month old Eureka model that had stopped working. I am quite satisfied with this model. I have used it constantly since purchasing for a relatively low price as vacuums go. I use it on low pile area rugs in living room and bedroom, as well as for couch using hose and attachments. Great suction, easy to use, easy to clean, no bags to replace. Filter and filter cup can be washed and are easy to snap in and out. I would recommend this product and will purchase Bissell again next time I need a vacuum. I am actually planning to purchase a Bissell steam cleaner in the near future.

Allergen Free Guarantee

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I love this vacuum cleaner. There are several vacuum cleaners that claim to keep your home allergen free, but this one really got the job done. There has been an eczema epidemic across the land along with high pollen counts, dust mites, bug outbreaks, etc. Our daughter has been back and forth to the Doctor about her atopic dermatitis. We wanted to go as natural as possible since she is still very young. So we decided to go with the Bissell Cleanview Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum. This vacuum cleaner is very affordable and comes with a nice set of tools used to help with cleaning, deodorizing, and freeing your home of allergens. The Bissell Cleanview Helix Bagless Vacuum is great on carpets, car upholstery, stairs, etc. This vacuum cleaner has great power and suction, lightweight, easy to assemble, and maneuver. Also, the dirt container is easy to clean and replace for next use. Overall, this vacuum cleaner is top notch and well regarded.

Be Careful with the Filters

from Scranton, PA

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I received this vacuum as a wedding gift. Three years, and one toddler later, it's still going strong. I use it literally every day (if not more than once a day). When the filters are clean, I am very happy with the amount of dust and dirt that it picks up. I'm surprised at how much more dirt I see in the canister each time I vacuum. Like other vacuum cleaners, I'll notice the suction slowly go down and need to clean the filters. Sometimes I'll just take the big circular filter outside and bang lots of dust out on my deck to clean it. However, after a while, I'll still need to rinse out the filters, let them dry and put them back in. This is where my problem comes. No matter how long I let the filters dry on my counter, I still feel like there will be a musty smell when I vacuum again for a few days after I put the washed filter back in. I know that I could just go out and buy another new filter and not have that problem, but with the amount of vacuuming that I do in my house, I'd rather not be buying new ones that often. Overall, I think it's a good vacuum, (I like that it's good for both hardwood floors and carpets) but I do wish that the filters would dry out better.

• Versatility:

Powerful suction and reasonably priced!! :)

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum:

This vacuum is a great one to have if you have pets, children, dust...it keeps the floors spotless!

Maneuverability
    It's a little heavy but it's an upright vacuum so this would be expected. However, even though it is a little heavy, it still is able to be maneuvered and used amongst the walls and other aspects of the house.

Ease of Maintenance
    Buttons are very easy to get to and use, there are also adjustable parts that can be used for stairs or closed in spaces.

Suction Performance
    The suction is awesome!! You can even use it on hardwood floors! We even did a test run on the vacuum on a small part of the kitchen floor due to our cat having food on the floor.

Versatility
    Very versatile and as I mentioned before it can be used on all floor types! We even have used it on the thin rug we have on the front porch.

I love that it is bagless, this is what made me buy it! Bags are a pain and annoying to find! Another reason I purchased this is the part can be removed and cleaned in soap and water!

It's very durable and built well!

• Versatility:

Does the job without breaking the bank!

from Winchendon, MA

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum:

We received a Bissell vacuum similar to this 10 years ago as a wedding present and we liked it so much that when it died after 5 years of hard use we replaced it with another Bissell in this updated model. We don't have a huge budget for vacuum cleaners but we still needed something that would do a good job. Three kids, two dogs, and a cat and we generate a lot of crumbs, dust and hair! This does a good job of picking things up and I like that it can be used on both carpet and hardwood/laminate/tile.

The bagless feature was a must for us, I knew that I didn't want to have to purchase bags (and there was a good chance I wouldn't remember to either). When the canister gets full I simply dump it in the trash, pop it back in and keep going! Occasionally the filter gets a bit clogged and needs to be cleaned but everything can be washed out in the sink and air dried, no special treatment needed.

I do have a few cons, after a few years the adjustment for lowering or raising the beater bar (for higher carpet down to bare floor) stopped working the dial turns but the bar no longer raises or lowers. Also the part that the hose plugs back into (after being taken out for corners, or couches with attachments) cracked and the hose does not sit as snugly in it and I think this decreases the suction.

All in all for us the price is right and it has lasted us almost 5 years while still doing a good job.

Good pet vacuum

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum:

This vacuum helps keep my house free of shedding dog hair. I love my pets but I don't love all the hair that comes with it.

Maneuverability
    It glides across the carpet well and even the bare floor. I use the bare floor setting alot on the wooden floors because I don't think the broom gets it all. The hose helps me get into the corners and other tight spots.

Ease of Maintenance
    For some reason it gets awfully dusty. I pretty much vacuum the dust off itself. You can replace the hepa filter. My husband takes the other filter and vacuums it off with his shop vac. So its a little work to keep it running well but I figured I have to with all the dog hair.

It is lightweight which is awesome for me. It has a hose with multiple attachments. The one attachment is like a mini vacuum brush and it is great for the couches and stairs. It gets all the hair off my furniture.

I have had this vacuum for two years now and it has held up quite well. I have two dogs and one sheds so badly so it has held up through all of that.

• Versatility:

Great vacuum for the price

from Texas

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum:

Our vacuum broke and we needed to replace it quick but didn't want to spend a lot. My husband did some research and found this to be a great vacuum for the price so we bought it on sale at Target. We have had this vacuum for about two years and it still works great. It has five different settings to vacuum hard floors all the way to heavy carpet. I love this feature because my kitchen and bathrooms are tile floor while the den has thin carpet and the living room and bedrooms have thick carpet. I can use this same vacuum to get all these different types of floors clean with just a simple click of the height setting. The clear dirt container does seem to fill up quick and needs to be emptied often but that doesn't bother me because it's so easy to empty. I would say the only con I have is when we got new carpet this vacuum had a difficult time with the new carpet fibers and the hose would get clogged up. At first I thought it was broken and almost returned it but my husband was able to remove the clog and the vacuum still works great two years later.

Wonderful cleaning tool.

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum:

I bought this vacuum for myself 3 years ago. I couldn't believe my carpets when I had finished vacuuming that day! They felt as they had just been laid. It was great walking on them.

Maneuverability
    This vacuum is easy to steer.

Ease of Maintenance
    It's easy to empty the cup at the front of the machine. You are able at all times to see the amount of dirt and pet hair you have vacuumed up.

Suction Performance
    As I mentioned above I couldn't believe the feel of the carpets the first time I used this machine. It does does the same great job except now I expect it!

Versatility
    Great for having all the tools of the trade right on board.

Great design. You can switch from using it to vacuuming the floors to using the hose to clean off furniture with ease.

In the past 3 years I've had to replace nothing. After several uses I do wash the cup and filters out, which is easy. I did order more filters in case I need them (haven't yet) and was really impressed with their customer service department.

• Versatility:

I find the Bissell Helix amazing.

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum:

For the price of this awesome unique machine, I found it to be amazing.
    It's a nice easy to use bagless vacuum. It picks up particles that you would have never known were there. It Picks up pet hair great. It has a washable filter. A canister easy to empty, and I love the long chord.

• Versatility:

Good basic vacuum for the money

Comments about Bissell CleanView Helix Bagless Upright Vacuum:

This vacuum is good for homes that do not have a lot of carpeting. While it does perform adequately, it is difficult to manuever. Especially the on oard tools. The attached hose is always falling out if the holder and it is quite annoying. Also it does not have automatic cord retraction so the cord is in the way. Many times I have run over it and can wbecome frayed. You need to watch that. The tools are adequate.

Maneuverability
    It is heavy and a bit hard to push. The main part of he machine is large so it cannot get under a lot of furniture. You need to use the tools.

Ease of Maintenance
    It is very easy to empty the cup. However, the filter is not so easy to clean.

Suction Performance
    It cleans well. The tool suction is okay, ot great.

Versatility
    It is not that versatile.

I wish they had designed the onboard hose system better, it is always falling off the holder.

It is durable for the money.