Other Vacuums:

Bissell 3574 Upright Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Not the best, but certainly not the worst vacuum.

For the money, this isn't a terrible vacuum. If you're looking for something to keep your house clean for not a lot, this is the best option in my book!
Read complete review

Maneuverability
As a Dyson owner, I have to give this just a 3 because it doesn't have the maneuvering skills of a ball vacuum. It just can't compete in that arena. However, for a normal floor vac, it does better than the Hoover I've owned.

Ease of Maintenance
For a bagless vacuum, this does pretty well for ease of cleaning. It has 3 filters that can be washed by the user so they don't need to be replaced all the time. The filter that is in the canister does tend to get dirty enough that it may need to be replaced just a little more often than the foam filter around it. It can get dust build-up in the crevices of the canister so you have to take cotton swabs to get it out. Other than that, caring for the vacuum is fairly easy.

Suction Performance
This doesn't seem to get the best suction until you turn it to the lowest floor setting or bare floor setting. It's nothing like a Dyson, but slightly better than the Hoover I have owned before. It seems to miss the smaller sand particles that the Dyson just breezes over.

Versatility
I use the bare floor setting all the time because that's where I seem to get the best performance. It does tend to have a harder time going from a bare floor to a low pile carpet, so it doesn't move from floor to floor as easily.

It's a good design for a bagless vacuum. It's just your basic upright design, and it works for Bissell.

My coworker also has this vacuum at home and she said hers is now about 4 years old or so, and she hasn't had a problem.

cleans well

I have this vacuum for like past 3 years. It serves its purpose well, but has started making noise lately. It is kinda heavy too. The suction works well, it picks up small particles out of the carpet . I have a small kid at home so it is useful for me. This is a good one if you do not want to spend a lot of money on a vacuum.As I mentioned above, it picks up almost everything and the dirt cup is easy to clean too. But Mind you, it is heavy and noisy! So I wouldn't recommend running it at night , if you are living in an apartment.

Once in a while you get more than your money's worth

from Hazleton Pa

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Noisy

• Carpet
  • Hardwood Floors
  • Pet Hair

Comments about Bissell 3574 Upright Vacuum:

We had one for six years. Cleaned after five kids, a cat, and a dog. When it finally went, because a balloon ribbon wrapped around the rotary brush and melted the bearing cap, we went right out and bought another one.
it is a very powerful, reliable, problem free machine.
It is not a fancy "piece of eye candy", but it is one heck of a vacuum.
Easy to empty, easy to clean the filters on too. Belts can be changed in five minutes or less with an ordinary screwdriver.

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Bissel Vacuum Bagless

from Vincennes,IN

Comments about Bissell 3574 Upright Vacuum:

I purchased this vacuum as it was affordable and bagless. This vacuum is easy to use and push. I have shag carpets and it picks up my pets hair really well. I like how it has an adustable high or low setting for the floor. As far as the suction of the vacuum it works good. I have noticed, though, that the removable part of the vacuum that collects the debris should be emptied often in order to have the best suction. I like how all the parts are removable and can be hosed down to clean (very easy to clean and maintain). I have had this vacuum a little over one year and it seems durable as I also use the attatchments to clean my rabbit cages regularly. There are removable attatchments such as a hose extenstion and brush attatchment as well, that are handy to have for cleaning furniture. I use the narrow attatchment for cleaning hard to reach areas and floor and ceiling edgings too. Overall I like this vacuum and believe that it deserves a good review.

My go to vacuum

Comments about Bissell 3574 Upright Vacuum:

If you are on a budget and only have a small amount of money, but need a high quality vacuum cleaner, than this product is for you. As always, Bissell goes above and beyond with this vacuum and makes it not only affordable, but reliable as well.

Maneuverability
This may be an upright vacuum cleaner, but it still gets in all of those small spaces that you would never think of vacuuming. This product is very easy to maneuver.

Ease of Maintenance
I do love this vacuum, but I wish it was a little but easier to clean out. It is rather difficult to keep it clean if you use it all the time.

Suction Performance
You get more for your money with this product. The suction on this vacuum is outstanding.

Versatility
This product is very versatile.

The design of this vacuum is decent, but it could be better, in my opinion.

I love how durable this vacuum cleaner is. I have owned it for a very long time, and it has never let me down once. It is definitely worth investing your money into, because it will not disappoint you.

This thing is a tank

Comments about Bissell 3574 Upright Vacuum:

The Bissell 3574 is a tank. In both good and bad ways. It is very solid and feels pretty indestructible which I really like. Unfortunately it also weighs a lot and can be hard to handle as a result. If you have a lot of open area and not a lot of stairs this is a pretty decent vacuum, especially since it is quite inexpensive.

Maneuverability
When vacuuming on open areas this isn't too heavy or difficult to maneuver. Because it is so heavy it can be hard to maneuver into small spaces or around big furniture.

Ease of Maintenance
The canister is super simple to empty and the filters all remove easily for washing and are easy to wash, I just wish they didn't have to be washed so often.

Suction Performance
As long as the filters are clean this has great suction. Unfortunately I feel like the filters clog up REALLY easily. We do not wear shoes in the house or make huge messes on a regular basis but I still feel like I need to clean the filters at least every other week when using this vacuum every other day or so. Considering that the one of the filters takes at least 24 hours to fully dry that is kind of a pain.

I have pulled/knocked it down many times as well as dropping it partway down the stairs (because it is such a pain on the stairs) and it is still going.

Survived a kid,3 cats and a sewing hobby for nearly 3 years

Comments about Bissell 3574 Upright Vacuum:

I bought this nearly 3 years ago when i accidentally ran over the cord to my beloved dirt devil that was 9 years old and left wires exposed. I wanted another dirt devil cause my last one lasted so long,but had a small budget so we bought this vacuum. It did its job for nearly 3 years before it could no longer suck anything. Hubby took it apart and couldn't find anything clogging it its no longer picking up stuff.

Maneuverability
Its easy to use and maneuver around the house,furniture and even in the kid's room.

Ease of Maintenance
Its a breeze to empty the canister and take the upper filter out and clean it also.

Suction Performance
For nearly 3 years it had great suction power and I accidently sucked up many things in it. but now nearly 3 years later it no longer sucks. I have 3 cats so it has sucked up plenty of pet hair,plus a child who drops stuff and then I sew so i try to pick up strings but it has sucked up many of those also.

Versatility
It has several floor settings so I could vacuum my kitchen floor or do the carpet .

Its alot heavier than my 8 year old Dirt Devil but other than that,it has a long cord and a few attachments (which i seem to lose) and a easy on/off pedal.

I wasn't too impressed that it stopped sucking at nearly 3 years old when my dirt deliver was 8 years old and still going strong when I ran over the cord.

A very good vacuum!!.

Comments about Bissell 3574 Upright Vacuum:

This is a very good vacuum. I like how it sucks up this very easy. It has the best suction of any vacuum that I have had. the attachments works really good especially on the stairs. Usually it is very hard to vacuum the stairs and usually the weight of the vacuum is alot heavier than this one. So doing the stairs is a lot easier and not so much as a workout on the arms. And I like how there is not bags to mess with. It is so easy to dump out the all the hairs and everything else you suck up. And with all the filters on this vacuum makes the air a whole lot fresher when done. Love this vacuum!!!

Maneuverability
Very easy to move around just about everything.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy maintenance and clean up with no bags to mess with.

Suction Performance
This vacuum really suck up just about everything. Not always good!

Very light weight.

Design is easy the haul around and looks nice.

Has lasted a long time and still going. I haven't had to change the belts or filters too often.

• Versatility:

Two years down, maybe one more to go.

Comments about Bissell 3574 Upright Vacuum:

This vacuum wasn't too expensive so I'm happy with the fact that it has lasted me longer than my last Bissell vacuum. Although I will say that while I enjoy being able to choose the colorful vacuums that Bissell offers, this will probably be my last one from this company. My last vacuum, and now this vacuum as well, both still run, but they sound awful. This particular vacuum makes a squeaking noise when I go to power down, and I don't have a pet so I know I don't use this as frequently as others might. The biggest plus is that although there is obviously something wrong with the thing, it still picks up the mess just fine!

Moves smoothly.

Ease of Maintenance
It's easy enough to remove and clean all of the filter parts.

Suction Performance
Gets the job done without having to go over the area a million times.

Versatility
Includes several different cleaning heads for the vacuum hose.

I wish they would have made the hose longer, but I enjoy the colors of the vacuums that Bissell offers.

I don't know what the life cycle of a vacuum should be these days, but it's been two years and it still runs, so I'm happy with that.

• Versatility:

Reasonable performance from a reasonably priced vacuum.

from Cedar City, UT

Comments about Bissell 3574 Upright Vacuum:

I purchased this Bissell vacuum several months ago, and have been reasonably impressed with the quality of its performance. This is a lightweight model with good features, including multiple air filters to help eliminate dust particulates from the exhaust. Lightweight is important because I live in a multi-level unit, and so frequently have to transport it up and down a long flight of stairs. This vacuum works well on carpets, area rugs, and bare floors, with only a slight adjustment needed to accommodate each. I wish that the attachment hose was longer, but the tools provided have been sufficient to meet my needs. Full disclosure: I don't have pets or small children so this vacuum doesn't get a heavy-duty workout, but instead is used for normal light housework for a household of adults.

It Will Sweep You Away!

from Sullivan, IN

Comments about Bissell 3574 Upright Vacuum:

The Bissell 3574 Upright Vacuum has a lot of bang for the buck. While there are many other vacuum cleaners saturating the market with much higher price points, I have found that this model is very effective in keeping my home neat and tidy without having to break my wallet. The bagless feature is both economical and convenient. I have found that this vacuum cleaner if well maintained, has excellent suction and is very efficient at what it is designed to do. The extra attachments come in handy to clean hard-to-reach places. When looking for your next vacuum cleaner, I would recommend to skip the expensive brands and opt for this cheap but effective alternative.

It does the job

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Bissell 3574 Upright Vacuum:

We have 2 cats and 2 dogs and carpets. My wife wanted something for the pet hair, we got this Bissell. We used it on the whole carpet let me rephrase that we did the carpet but had to stop numerous times not to fix or rest but to get rid of the 'junk' this vac picked up. WOW I think this product would be better if i came with spare filters so while one is drying you use the vac.