Other Vacuums:

Bissell 3-in-1 Vacuum

Pros

Cons

Great for Dorms or Small Apartments

We love the Bissell 3-in-1 38B1 Vacuum. It stores easily in the hall closet, weighs less than 4 pounds and cleans up the tiles bathroom and linoleum floors. It does a great job on the area rugs as well. Although this would not be a good vacuum for a larger home unless it was a second vacuum for quick clean-ups but for small dorm rooms or tiny apartments it is perfect!

Maneuverability
The size is easy to maneuver but the cord is short. It is adequate for a small room but is inconvenient in a larger area.

Ease of Maintenance
The dirt cup needs to be emptied often. To get to the dirt cup you have to open it with a single clip. If you don't keep a second hand underneath the body for support the body comes apart and spills the vacuumed dirt and debris all over. Not a pretty sight!

Versatility
Three in One: This little dynamo has a handle that comes off in a jiffy to turn the vacuum into a hand-held sweeper. It also comes with a crevice tool to reach in tight spots.

So far, so good. A tiny apartment doesn't need a lot of attention though.

I'm a clean freak that's always in a hurry

I bought the Bissell 3-in-1 vacuum about a year ago.  It comes with a floor attachment which has a thin 'brush' across, and one hole in the middle where everything gets sucked in...so don't be fooled by the ad pictures on Walmart's website - the picture where it's cleanly picking up spilled dirt from a plant while using the floor attachment is misleading.  There simply isn't enough suction from the machine to pick it up so well.  There is another attachment used for crevices and/or corners.  You can use the vacuum without them - it's like using a dust buster.  The handle is removable and everything connects and disconnects easily, but not Too easily.  The plastic the machine is made from is thick and durable.

The compartment fills up quickly, and when emptying you Must make sure you kind of beat the dirt out of the filter because it really can get worked in after a while and the suction becomes less powerful a little quickly.  I'm actually not sure where to get more filters for this... I haven't checked.

It actually picks up light 'dirt' really well.  I originally bought the vacuum because I moved into a very small apartment with thin carpet and two dogs.  It did well for the basics, but don't rely on this to do a job like a regular vacuum as it does not have a spinning brush to get anything that's been worked into a carpet (and I had cheap, office style 'carpet', the dog hair was still impossible to get out).  Sometimes vacuumed dirt slips out of the machine so be careful when you are finished using it.

The attachments are great, very helpful.  I like that you can remove the handle so it's easier to work with in very small quarters.  The cord could be longer for moving around a larger space but then it would be too bulky on the handle, so it's ok for the size of the machine.

All in all, it's alright to buy if you already have something better and just need something Real light for the kitchen or similar, but after a while it's probably not worth it.  I use it at work now to get light dust and hair off the floor, so it's not useless.

It has been a convenience

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Affordable by all
  • Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Has parts available on website
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • More color choices now

Cons

• Not great suction for rugs

• Emergencies
  • Small rooms

Comments about Bissell 3-in-1 Vacuum:

I had to go direct to their ordering website to find a pointed crevice tool and added in a replacement filter later on. It was a decent price and they had a discounted offer. It is easy to insert and the filter can be washed or cleaned with another vacuum. I love the fact that it can be detached and is often the way I use it in a small space. It is capable of fitting in many areas for storing and light weight to move about. Though I do have a rug, it is flat and so will assume it is not at the best form to use on a plush rug, shag etc. Then again, it won't pull it apart either. My main reason for the choice was because it was bagless and if all is considered also my preference in the future. I can view the interior and tell when it needs to be emptied and if any important things got sucked in. Now they would have more colors so my only complaint is I prefer something besides gray. It is light and it will pull up damp items, but of course for some things does not work the same as a canister. It also means if you ever pulled those types by the hose, it eventually rips down and things get stuck plus needs to be somehow pulled out. This will most likely always be an option for getting some type of cleaning which is better than none at all. Consider this also for work areas as it is quick to use and move about. After having backaches and problems with getting other vacuums in place, this has really saved me trouble and other issues. I also did not realize the low price range when first viewing all types and the negative will be of course not having the same suction as the powerful ones and knocking off the containment part. It is also easy to get back home even from the store so available in an emergency. I felt the customer service help I needed was worth considering as well. I never had owned this brand before though often heard about it. I already considered getting a stick type for someone and will look at this brand first.

• Primary use:
  • Personal

I love this stick vacuum, it is so easy to use.

Comments about Bissell 3-in-1 Vacuum:

This stick vacuum is one of the most versitile and easy to use of many you can buy. This thing is quiet and has suchincredible suction it can do much more than many other stick vacuums. I love the fact that the handle and cleaner head is so easy to remove so you can go from one cleaning job to another in seconds. Even thought his is a versitile vac Andy to an clean many things really well it is not suggested it replace your fulsize upright vacuum.

Maneuverability
The lightweight design makes it easy to Cary and move from place to place.

Ease of Maintenance
The only maintanence the Bissell 3-in-1 vac requires is you empty the dust bin after every use.

Suction Performance
This amazing stick vac has more suction power than many other stick vacs out on the market today.

Versatility
I love the fact that it can do anything from stairs to hard floors and low pile carpet.

The great design of this vacuum allows it to fit almost anywhere you can take it.

This stick vac I guaranteed to last at least one year after the date of purchase.

• Versatility:

Good for a dorm, not so great for a house

from Hackensack, NJ

Comments about Bissell 3-in-1 Vacuum:

I normally use this vacuum to pick up crumbs or little things that may have fallen to the floor. It works quite well for hardwood floors, but not so much for carpet. The suction power isn't strong enough for anything that gets stuck in carpet/rugs. But for a dorm, it's quite nice to be able to vacuum the floors, and take it apart to vacuum the desk, chair, or anything else.

Maneuverability
The fact that you can take it apart makes it quite versatile.

Ease of Maintenance
To remove the waste accumulated, you just open the compartment and empty it out. It's really easy.

Suction Performance
Great for hardwood, not so much for carpet.

Versatility
You can take it apart so it's just the handheld, or handheld with the wheels, which is good for tight spaces, or as the full vacuum, which is still really light.

The 3-in-1 ability gives it a very versatile function. It's also super light and portable. The skinniness of the vacuum makes it easy to store.

I haven't smashed it against the wall or floor, but it seems to hold up quite well and is still functioning fine. Just make sure to empty it once in a while.

Bissell 3-in-1 Vacuum 38B1

Comments about Bissell 3-in-1 Vacuum:

I had a hard time finding a small vacuum that I can just tuck away in a closet in my apartment. I finally found this product. I thought it would work wonders since my apartment was mostly wood and just had thin carpeting in two rooms. The vacuum works well on wooden floors and very thin carpeting and rugs. Even though it works well on them, the vacuum suction is not good enough. I wish the suction was much more stronger but I couldn't take a lot of the pet hair that was on the carpet. Sometimes I would use this vacuum in my car. It works somewhat. Of course, the suction was bad but it managed to suck up a lot of tiny dirt particles. It has a removable handle and nose. I love how its portable and you can just use the portable part, especially because regular vacuums are very heavy. This is very lightweight. My vacuum comes in orange. I don't really recommend this product because of the suction power.

Maneuverability
It moves well. It gets into tight spaces. It is very thin.

Ease of Maintenance
Just pop the plastic out and either wash it out or throw it out.

Suction Performance
I feel that it's very poor. It doesn't suck up all the pet hair on my carpet. It cannot pick up heavy mini items.

Versatility
I thought this was satisfactory.

Cool design. I like how it's thin. I could put it almost anywhere.

It's pretty good. I've had it for about 2 years now.

• Versatility:

Handy -- but not perfect.

Comments about Bissell 3-in-1 Vacuum:

Overall, this is a great product. It's ease of use and easy storage capabilities make it ideal for any apartment, dorm or small household. The only downside for this product is the strength of the suction, which isn't that great... but for the pros definitely outweigh the cons -- plus it looks quite nice.

Maneuverability
Goes around corners and under objects very easily, otherwise the handvac option works too.

Ease of Maintenance
Pretty easy to clean out, just disassemble and empty it.

Suction Performance
There's much to be desired in this area... but it is bagless so you can't expect too much.

Versatility
3-1 vac with easy storage is very tough to beat.

Nice sleek design, unfortunately all plastic though.

It's made of plastic, so I assume it can crack and break, just down throw it down the stairs...

• Versatility:

One of the cheapest yet best purchases I have made.

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Bissell 3-in-1 Vacuum:

I was extremely impressed with this vacuum. I use it everyday and for the price you can't beat it. Its great on hardwood it sucks up pretty much everything. You can take the bottom part off so you can fit it into tight places. Its very easy to clean out. Its very lightweight so its easy to move around. I have even used it on some of my rugs and it does a pretty good job. I have had it for about 18 months and I have BY FAR gotten my use out of it and never once had a problem with it. I love this little vacuum

Maneuverability
Removable parts allow for cleaning in tight or high places.

Very easy to clean

Gets almost everything.

This is my only complaint and its not really even a big deal but I wish that the cord was a little longer.

• Versatility:

Ok for quick clean up, not for deep cleaning

from Oakland, TN

Comments about Bissell 3-in-1 Vacuum:

I picked this up to use as a daily cleaner for my hardwood cloors and tiled rooms. I got tired of dragging my dyson out to suck up all the dog hair on a daily basis, and the swiffer vac was not cutting it. I chose this one based on price and the fact that my 9 year old can easily use it, and I don't have to worry about him banging up the floor or wall. It sucks up hair and dirt very well on the hard floor, and is easy to empty. The main complaint I have is the short cord... it is REALLY short- I have to unplug it and replug it frequently, and I don't have a large room. I'd LOVE it if it was cordless. I also like the fact it seems to be safer for floors than a vac with a beater bar.

I love my Bissell 3-in-1 Stick Vac

from Spartanburg, SC

Comments about Bissell 3-in-1 Vacuum:

I love my Bissell 3 - in- 1 Vac. My daughter gave me this as a Christmas gift because she knew how much difficulty I had handling my older, heavy vacuum cleaner. When I saw this small Bissell vac I thought well it'd do for quick clean ups for small spots. But I got surprised. I run this vacuum though the whole house! Yep, It is a quick clean up, but only because it works fast! So light weight and easy to use. Has no bags to deal with. Just snap open the cup and shake it out to empty it. You also can take it apart and compact it for storage if needed. But it is so small that I just put it in my already over crowed closet and shut the door and it amazingly fits. It has a supper long cord on it, so I can usually vacuum the whole room without having to unplug and move to a different spot and the cord wraps around the back of the Bissell for easy storage. My daughter got this for me because she has one for her college dorm room and loves it and figured I would love one also and she is correct. It is the easy to use vacuum I have ever used. I would recommend this to everyone, especially if you are unable to push around those heavier models!

• Versatility:

My Bissel 3-in-1 38B1 Vacuum is awesome!

from Johnson City, TN

Comments about Bissell 3-in-1 Vacuum:

I recently received the Bissel 3-in-1 38B1 Vacuum for Mother's Day & i love it! It is so hand to have around the house & to vacuum up with it don't seem like to be such of a job like it is when you use a normal size vacuum. Now some things i like about it is its very small,so it stores really well,is very handy cleaning up the messes from my boys. It is also very easy to empty which is nice & has a good long cord on it. Another good thing about it is you can take it off the stick part that way it makes it easier getting the couch,stairs and i have even went over my curtains with it. I really dont have any bad things to say about it,because i think its just great. However when i 1st got it i was thinking well this just dont seem to clean like my normal size vacuum does & was starting to think against it,but after putting some thought into it i think its a great product. I will run it throughout the week,when im pressed for time or just have little messes i need to get up in a hurry,but i still keep my normal vacuum on hand & at least vacuum everything with it at least 1 time a wk. However this vacuum is well worth it's cost & i highly recommend it!

Great for Dorms or Small Apartments

from Northern, FL

Versatility

So far, so good. A tiny apartment doesn't need a lot of attention though.