3.7
Birdseye Steamfresh mixed vegetables

Birds EyeBirdseye Steamfresh mixed vegetables

3.7

Very Fresh Vegetables

I just tried the new **Birdseye Steamfresh mixed vegetables** and really loved them.  I am a vegetarian, so I cook a lot of vegetables and this new product is not only so easy to make, but they taste great.  I picked up the cauliflower and brocolli variety and was delighted at the taste of fresh picked veggies.  The bag is microwavable so all you do is take it from freezer to microwave and in five minutes you have fresh vegetables.  The calories are small and the nutrition is high, so you can't lose with this.  I was a little disappointed at the high price and it is a portion for one, but it is great to add to any meal and the vegetables are much better than those that just come from the freezer and are cooked.

Just steam them the old fashioned way.

As I've said before, I love convenience products.  So, I thought that the idea behind the steam fresh veggies was a great idea.  But it turned out that I wasn't exactly crazy about this product.

First off, they are a little more expensive than all other frozen vegetables.  Secondly, the serving size is much smaller than regular frozen vegetables.  I would have to buy two bags of these veggies to feed my family of four.

Like I said, the idea is nice.  Just pop the entire bag in the microwave and you'll have steamed veggies in minutes.  Well, the veggies weren't very good.  They didn't heat evenly.  I had some vegetables that were overcooked, and others that were still frozen.  I had to throw some of it away and reheat the rest of it.  It ended up taking longer than if I had just steamed them on the stove like I usually do.

I wouldn't buy this product again.  Next time I'll just steam them myself.

Dissapointed

from Az

Comments about Birds Eye Birdseye Steamfresh mixed vegetables:

How about some brocoli in the brocoli...nothing but woody stems and a few flowers. Too pricey for what you get.

Asparagus tasteless like eating a stick

Comments about Birds Eye Birdseye Steamfresh mixed vegetables:

Asparagus corn carrots steam fresh. Corn and carrots ok, won't purchase again as asparagus consisted of hard fiber, no tips. They should discontinue this product.

Healthier And Tastier Than Canned Mixed Vegetables

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Birds Eye Birdseye Steamfresh mixed vegetables:

Years ago I thought that vegetables were vegetables and even if you were eating canned vegetables it was better than eating a baked potato or piece of bread with a meal. This mix contains peas, cubed carrots, corn and green bean sections.

When I had a heart attack I started paying attention to where all of the sodium in my diet was coming from and canned vegetables had a lot more than what I expected. That's when I started getting frozen vegetables when I couldn't get fresh vegetables.

The mixed vegetable assortment from Bird's Eye in the Steamfresh line is great to have with a meal, to add to a soup base or as a late night snack. Since you can steam it in the bag it retains a lot of the moisture that could be lost when microwaving it in a bowl.

Birds eye steam fresh vegetables.

from Deltona, FL

Comments about Birds Eye Birdseye Steamfresh mixed vegetables:

Just picked up a bag of the mixed family size Birdseye steamfresh vegetables. It contained carrots, corn, green beans and peas. I cooked them on top of the stove for 6 minutes as suggested. Since they said to keep it frozen till ready to use, I had done that but the vegetables were still part frozen after 6 minutes. I kept cooking them for 2 more minutes and stirred them a few times. Then I shut the stove off and let it sit with the top on for another minute. I got everything ready we were going to eat then put the vegetables in a dish with a little butter and tarragon. My husband said they not only looked fresh and plump and juicy, they tasted like fresh picked from the garden. He said he would serve them to anyone visiting us. I had to agree, they tasted delicious and were so fresh tasting, you could taste the flavor of the vegetables. I would serve them to guests anytime. Definitely worth trying.

Birdseye Steamfresh are the BEST vegetables!

Comments about Birds Eye Birdseye Steamfresh mixed vegetables:

I think I've had every single kind of Birdseye frozen vegetables since I was a kid, and once the Steamfresh variety was available I made sure to get all of them at least once. The mixed kinds are my favorites with mashed potatoes and chicken or roast beef, especially the carrot, cauliflower, and broccoli or corn, peas, and green beans. It's SO simple to make them when all you have to do is pop the bag in the microwave just like popcorn and they're steamed to perfection, not too hard and not too mushy with all of the flavor.

Making veggies more simple one bag at a time.

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Birds Eye Birdseye Steamfresh mixed vegetables:

Birdseye Steamfresh mixed vegetables are making veggies more simple one bag at a time. When cooking dinner is a chore that is a must do in a rush, thank god for steamfresh mixed vegetables for helping us to keep our family on a balanced eating plan. Salads used to be the quick fix vegetable solution for my family. Now I can make cooked veggies quicker than making a salad while making the other parts of the meal - all without doing anything more than pushing a button on the microwave. It is not only convenient though. I originally figured I would need to adjust the cook time a bit and fuss around with it slightly. But, much to my surprise,it came out cooked it came out cooked just right from the very start. My only suggestion though, is to fully open the bag and empty the contents as soon as it is done to prevent over steaming. Other than that, you're good to go.

Frozen mixed vegetables ready to steam right in the bag.

Comments about Birds Eye Birdseye Steamfresh mixed vegetables:

Birdseye Steamfresh mixed vegetable are as good as any other Birdseye Frozen vegetable, however the Steamfresh vegetables are quicker and easier because you microwave them right in the bag. They are no mushier or less flavorful then traditional frozen vegetable. These are a great busy night shortcut.

making dinner easier one bag at a time

Comments about Birds Eye Birdseye Steamfresh mixed vegetables:

I am a college student. Working and raising my daughter who is almost a year. I love to bake and cook for my family but sometimes I just cannot find the time to spend a hour making dinner. These vegetables go great with anything. I put chicken breast in the oven for a hour and when they are almost done i put the bag of vegetables in the microwave for 5 to 8 minutes while I am making mac n cheese or rice. Then while the chicken is baking I can use that 40 minutes to do homework or spend it with my daughter. These bags are great for a snack too. When I want something filling I can eat these veggies and still have piece of mind that I am staying on track. There are so many different types of vegetables to try that come in the microwavable bag. I like the mixed veggies and the corn. So easy to make. I like that I do not have to dirty a bowl or pan to heat my veggies in. One less dish to have to wash.

What are in these? They spark in the microwave!

Comments about Birds Eye Birdseye Steamfresh mixed vegetables:

It concerns me when the vegetables spark and flames ignite when reheating in the microwave. What are in these vegetables? It is not trace minerals as some have said. That is a joke! Take a few basic chemistry classes and you would know better. I have an extensive science back ground and this product alarms me. What are we feeding our kids?

good if you like insects with your veggies

from Redmond, WA

Comments about Birds Eye Birdseye Steamfresh mixed vegetables:

I used to like this a lot, but last night heated up a bag, saw a bit of a brown fleck in a floret... teased it out and it was a whole, inch long, plump, flying insect -- quite ruined my dinner experience. I complained to their site and was told that it was a 'natural process' and that if i had been eating it, there would be no problem... I guess bugs are good food? .... be careful and search your food before eating!!!