Other Frozen Foods:

Birds EyeBirdseye Steamfresh Sweet Peas

The Only Peas I Will Use When Making Stew

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Birds Eye Birdseye Steamfresh Sweet Peas:

I used to use the baby peas when I would make stew but they always ended up getting mushy or smashed in to smaller pieces. I tried canned peas, frozen peas and even shucking fresh peas and I always had problems with how peas would cook up in stew. When I saw the Steamfresh Sweet Peas in the freezer section of the grocery store I decided to give them a try but I waited until the stew was about 30 minutes from being done to add them.

They got soft, as peas should, but none of them were split or smashed up. They had more taste than canned peas and they were a lot lower in sodium too. One of my biggest worries about the peas was because they were a frozen food they would be clumped together in the bag and I would have to break them apart to be able to use them. Where there were a couple that were frozen together, for the most part they were loose and when I dumped the bag into the stew they had an amazing color to them.

When I make stew it is a huge pot; I usually take containers of it to my older neighbors that are widows and don't cook huge meals for themselves. When I switched to using these peas they all commented about their taste and that they didn't overpower the rest of the vegetables. When I made stew using other peas you would taste them more than the potatoes or carrots because they would break down or get mushy.

While these do cost a little more than other frozen peas they are worth it. Aside from using them in the stew I also microwave them as a side dish when I need something quick to serve with dinner. The cook evenly regardless of whether I cook them in the microwave or cut the bag open and heat them up in a pot; all you need is a little butter and salt and they are ready to serve.

SO much better than canned!

from Salem, SC

Comments about Birds Eye Birdseye Steamfresh Sweet Peas:

These peas are bright green and not mushy unlike peas from a can. They taste fresh and delicious! Since I started buying Birdseye vegetables, I stopped buying canned vegetables all together. These have a higher nutrient value than canned peas because they are frozen quicker after picking. They are quick and easy to prepare and look beautiful on our plates. You can usually find coupons for this product fairly easily, but they do cost a little more than generic brands without the coupons. I only wish I had started buying frozen vegetables a long time ago.

Birds Eye Steamfresh Sweet Peas: More peas please!

from Big Island, VA

Comments about Birds Eye Birdseye Steamfresh Sweet Peas:

I really thought that I did not like peas. I grew up on a family farm and there were plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits and peas were not from the garden. They were from a can and I just had no use for them with their bland to bitter taste and mushy texture.

Now that I've tried Bird Eye Steamfresh Fresh Frozen Vegetables Sweet Peas, I love peas!

Nutrition:

2/3 cup serving

-70 calories

-0 fat, cholesterol, sodium

-vit A 8%

-vit C 10%

-Iron 6%

Did you know that a serving of peas has 5 grams of protein? Wow, peas really are good for you.

Birds Eye Steamfresh Sweet Peas cook in the bag in the microwave in 5 to 7 minutes.

I can focus on my main dish (or else focus about it in the slow cooker) and whip up peas as a side dish by the time the kids get the table set and the ice in the glasses. I also throw these peas frozen into my stir fry for the last few minutes and they are perfectly crisp.

***My Viewpoint:*** I do like peas Sam I am, as long as they are Birds Eye Steamfresh fresh frozen.

Birdseye Steamfresh Sweet Peas are tops!

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Birds Eye Birdseye Steamfresh Sweet Peas:

I could eat peas most any day so finding these Birdseye peas as a steamed option is super. I recently discovered the bag of individual packs so I keep a bag of them in the freezer at work to always have available. They are sweet, no additives needed, and so handy!!

The most convenient vegetable steamer yet

from Franklin, MA

Comments about Birds Eye Birdseye Steamfresh Sweet Peas:

You can pay big bucks for a fancy vegetable steamer or you can steam your frozen peas in the bag.  This is so convenient and so easy, with almost no clean up mess!  The great thing about this is that the vegetables are steamed, not water-logged, or all sauced up.  They taste fresh and healthy.  Read the ingredients:  Peas.  That's it.  And that's exactly what they taste like:  peas.  Beautifully simple, wonderfully delicious.