Other Toothpastes:
Biotene
Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste

Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste

Great toothpaste but make sure to get the Gel flavor.

Biotene Dry Mouth toothpaste is a fantastic tooth paste that helps with dry mouth and is very soothing and gentle on your mouth (unlike some other toothpastes I've tried that can actually start to burn and irritate your mouth as you use them). It also cleans your teeth very well and leaves a nice, clean feeling in your mouth once your done. Make sure to get the Gentle Mint Gel flavor though, instead of the Fresh Mint Original flavor because it tastes much better in mouth than the Fresh Mint (not that you'll be eating the toothpaste of course). It is also a low-foaming toothpaste so you won't have to worry about it foaming up too much in your mouth forcing you too spit it out too soon before you've finished brushing your teeth all the way. I've been using this toothpaste for years and it has served me well, as well as other members of my family who originally recommended it to me. I'm sure it would serve you well too.

Good for gum irritation, but dry mouth is dry mouth.

At our last visit, my dental hygienist described my usually healthy gums as "in trouble".  Seasonal allergies with mouth breathing, my TMJ retainer, and brushing too hard probably contributed to this situation.  So, on a friend's recommendation, I turned to Biotene.  I'm willing to believe that this dry mouth formula plus greater hygienic care on my part *did *ease bleeding and soothe irritated gums.  But Dry Mouth?  Like its famous cousin Dry Eyes, it is what it is.  Temporary relief is the best I've ever found for either condition.    And if relief is only temporary, I prefer it *with perks*.  Toothpaste perks for me are 1) refreshing clean-mouth flavor and 2) evidence that there is actually something on my toothbrush.  In regard to #1:  Biotene advertises "Fresh Mint" flavor, but either my tastebuds aren't working or Biotene's idea of  fresh mint is incredibly blah.  And #2?   Puleeeeze... is there actually something on my brush?  Biotene's "Gentle Low Foaming Formula" reminds me of The Emperor's New Clothes or Gertrude Stein's famous line "There is no there, there".  I admire Biotene's honest intentions, but I'm just not totally convinced by their toothpaste.  Biotene's mouthwash is a different matter.  Please see my review on it.  I'm not grumpy on that one.

Great toothpaste but make sure to get the Gel flavor.

A true blessing

from Concord, MA

Comments about Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste:

I wish I had learned about this product sooner, it has been a true godsend. I have been on perscription medications for most of my childhood and all of my adult life. I have suffered from drymouth for most of that time, and my teeth have also suffered as a result of that. I didn't know until recently that drymouth is not only uncomfortable, but it also really messes up your mouth. I have started using biotene toothpaste and mouthwash, and the results have been great. It tastes better than I thought, and it doesn't work perfectly, but I would say my mouth feels better 70% of the time. Also, it feels cleaner, and my gums are looking better already. The products are expensive, but I found some coupons online, and matched them up with a sale. I figure that preventative care with using these products is way cheaper in the long run than having to have extra dental work done because of dry mouth damage

No more Dental Caries

from Woodland Park, CO

Comments about Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste:

Since I have started using Biotene, with Xylitol, I have had no cavities over a span of eight years..Due to having Sjogren's Syndrome, which causes extremely dry mouth,  I am much more prone to cavities, so this is significant..Also, this tootpaste is very gentle in cleansing my mouth...I cannot tolerate the usual brands of toothpaste.

My periodontist, as well, has remarked on how healthy my gums have become, since using this toothpaste..However, the dry mouth still remains as a problem and Biotene, as well as, other products have not resolved that issue...I have to chew gum and drink water all day to help the symptoms of dry mouth..If someone knows what will resolve this, please let me know...However, I think that Biotene and regular dental visits have prevented me from having more serious dental problems.

Although a bit more expensive, it has paid out in fewer needs for dentistry.

Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste Needs a Flavor

from Jenks, OK

Comments about Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste:

Although Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste is a good product for those who need it,  Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpste would be better is it had a flavor.   A tasty, minty, clean flavor that would freshon the mouth and leave a clean taste

Its a wonderful toothpaste

from Houston, TX

Comments about Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste:

It's a nice smooth toothpaste, it's low on having suds and drooling down your mouth when you brush. Between  my power toothbrush and this toothpaste it cleans really well. Your mouth feels really clean after using it and I don't have any film left in my mouth after using it like other toothpastes that I have used.

This toothpaste didn't burn my mouth and it had a pleasant taste

from College Station, TX

Comments about Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste:

I recently decided to try Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste even though it costs more than other brands.  I'm glad I did.  My "regular" toothpaste burned my mouth and taste was overpowering.  By contrast, Biotene had a mild, pleasant taste, which I liked.  I bought this product because it contains enzymes that breaks up bacteria that cause plaque buildup on teeth.  I've used this toothpaste for well over six months now and within one week I noticed a difference in how clean my teeth felt.  I highly recommend it for those who suffer from dry mouth.

I don't have dry mouth, but it still works great!

from Floral Park, NY

Comments about Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste:

Okay, so here's the deal. I don't think I have dry mouth but I couldn't be sure since I've never really gotten it checked by a professional. However, I am not prone to dry mouth as per the causes. What I do deal with is being thirsty a lot (no, I don't have diabetes) Also what drives me crazy is that white slimy line that you get where both your lips touch when you put a lot of lip gloss. Women will know what I'm talking about. I tried many things, trying different brands of lipgloss/lipstick, but even chapstick would cause the problem especially on hot, sticky summer days. That's when I decided to try Biotene. After using biotene, I never seem to get that white line on my lips, no matter what gloss I use. I'm going to assume, it's the toothpaste most people use that causes that line. So I'm very happy I decided to try biotene.

The only two cons I can think of are 1) Way more expensive than normal, regular toothpaste 2) My mouth doesn't feel as fresh.

Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste Performs The Way It Says It Will

from Newtown, PA

Comments about Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste:

Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste 4.5oz. Does what it advertizes  to do. I take a lot of medications and they give me dry mouth. Using Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste does not dry my mouth at all. This the only toothpaste that I have found to do this

Biotene gives positive results to users with little or no saliva

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste:

Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste has proven to be a reliable product that has reduced the number of caries present at my last three dental exams.  Having used a prescription toothpaste sold to me by my dentist, I was still having problems with decay, even though I have shown exempliary dental hygiene.  I was very upset.  So* *I did some research at my local pharmacy, and that was when I first found Biotene.  The price was half the cost of the prescription toothpaste.  That was a big plus.  Another plus was that it did not burn my mouth.  Most toothpastes add a heavy mint flavor that anyone who has been without saliva for any length of time knows how that can burn your mouth and tongue.  Plus this toothpaste is low foam.  But, the best reason I have found  to continue using Biotene is the reduction of dental caries that I have experienced.  I have not had one cavity since I began using Biotene. As a result, I would highly recommend Biotene Dry Mouth Toothepaste to any person who must live without saliva and needs a reliable cost efficient product.

WOW!! This is great.

from Williams, OR

Comments about Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste:

I suffer from dry mouth, and have always had a tons of dental problems. I started using Biotene about 4 years ago and it has worked great. I have not had any dental problems since I stared using it and I also no longer wake-up in the middle of the night with my mouth so dry it feels like sand paper. This is the best toothpaste for dry mouth.*  *I feel that Biotene toothpaste has saved me* * from having ton's of dental problems by keeping my mouth healthy and reducing bacteria and gum irritations due to dry mouth. This toothpaste is gentle and low foaming and has a great fresh mint taste. I would recommend this to anyone who suffers from dry mouth and it's problems. I always make sure I use it before going to bed. I just can't rave enough about this product. The price is a little high but compared to the dental visits it has saved me the price is a drop in the bucket (so to speck). Great product, one that really works and does what it says it will do, and thats to stoop dry mouth and it does.