Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:
Biore

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Strong smelling astringent that gets the job done.

I went through a huge Biore phase trying all their products and this one didn't miss the mark. The astringent really gives Sea Breeze a run for their money and for around the same price if you have a good sale or coupon.

It's very tingly when you first apply it and takes a little getting used to. For me, using it once a day in the mornings was plenty but it could be used at night also. I just wouldn't use it more than once a day. It's a little drying but overall not unpleasant.

I noticed that it helped out on my chin quite a bit and my forehead. My acne and stress breakouts are less and are lessened when I use this product. I don't care much for buying the wipes to go with it but it's necessary because a cloth absorbs too much product.

Overall my take on this is that the strong astringent is tingly and zesty and wakes up my skin and my nose. It's affective for acne but not for blackheads. It helps my stress bumps and doesn't over dry me but stick to once a day usage.

It does a great job of pulling out excess oil and it gets rid of dirt, makeup, and sweat. A great morning or night time wipe after your regular routine.

Ease of Application
It's easy to apply, just takes a little longer to add to a wipe.

Convenience
It would be more convenient if it came with premoistened pads.

Side Effects
I noticed I got dry if I used it twice a day and sometimes if I used it several days in a row, but it cleared up in a day.

Immediacy
It is affective at removing dirt immediately and even helping my stress but sometimes it takes a few days to tone down my acne and uneven skin tone.

Makes My Skin Feel Fresh

I'm not really sure how effective Biore's Astringent is, but I continue to use it because it makes my skin feel great. I usually use it after I wash my face and after dabbing it on with a cotton pad, it makes my face tingly, so it seems to work. At first, there was noticeable change with my acne, but after a while, it was hit or miss. Another benefit is that it does not smell horrible like other acne products. One bottle also lasts you for a long time because you just use a little bit each day. Although it can be a little bit pricey, I usually just wait until I can find a coupon for it.

I don't recommend using the Astringent as a replacement for a face scrub or cleanser though. I think it's a good addition to your face regimen. Biore recommends that you should use their line of products which include toners and cleansers, but I think you can mix this in with another brand and it will still be as effective.

Strong smelling astringent that gets the job done.

from West Virginia

Ease of Application
It's easy to apply, just takes a little longer to add to a wipe.

Convenience
It would be more convenient if it came with premoistened pads.

Great skin care product

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Biore Triple Action Astringent:

I tend to get acne breakouts and have used just about every acne product there is for sale in the stores. Most of them either dry my skin out or cause it to turn red and get irritated. Biore Triple Action Astringent was recommended by a store employee. I thought I would go ahead and try it. I was running out of options. I decided to use a new approach and only lightly rinse my face and use a little scrubber to remove the dirt and make up on it, then I pat my face dry.I then apply the Biore Triple Action Astringent and it seems to close my large pores, give my skin a healthy glow and it prevents my face from breaking out. The scent could be improved a little bit, but that's not a deal breaker for me. I use this product every morning and every night. It seems to exfoliate my skin and tone it at the same time.

Immediacy
I had to use this product twice daily, I started seeing results within a week. My skin looked much healthier and alive.

Comments about Biore Triple Action Astringent:

I was searching for an astringent that worked, but I needed one that didn't burn my face. I had use a lot of different astringents prior to the Biore Triple Action Astringent. Every one of them burned my face as soon as I put it on, and then my face would be red for days. I had been using a Biore cleanser for a few months before I purchased the triple action astringent. The cleanser was gentle and left my face feeling smooth. The first time I used the astringent, it felt nice on my skin. It did sting a little bit on the pimples I had on my face, but it didn't bother the rest of my skin. The stinging only lasted for a second, and it didn't irritate me skin at all. I noticed that my skin was already clearing up the next day. After using this for about a month, my skin is much softer and clearer. I have trouble finding this astringent in any stores, so I order it from Amazon. One bottle will last a long time!

• Immediacy:

Great product to keep acne at bay

Comments about Biore Triple Action Astringent:

I was looking for an acne product to use and help with my breakouts I would get on my forehead and chin. After purchasing a couple different products that didn't help me much or at all I decided to try Biore Triple Action Astringent since I have used other Biore products. Initially, I was a little leery to use this product because of the smell but was surprised it worked well. However, while it is a terrific product for stripping my skin of grit and make-up residue, it also stripped the natural oils that produced tiny bumps on my chin and forehead.

This acne treatment is effective at helping stop future outbreaks but this product contains alcohol that for some skin types might not mix by either completely drying out the skin or giving an almost sun-burned feeling.

Ease of Application
This product is very easy to apply when using a cotton ball to spread the Astringent to affected areas. The product is neither too thick nor too thin.

Convenience
The Biore Triple Action Astringent is convenient to use at home but the size of the bottle might be hard to take on the go to use elsewhere.

Side Effects
Using this product could produce side-effects such as dry skin, bumps almost rash-like, a burned skin feeling. For me, using this product resulted in tiny bumps and drier skin.

Immediacy
I saw positive results within 2 days of using this acne treatment. My break out became virtually non-existent and the pimples I did have reduced every day.

Not a huge difference

from Tacoma, WA

Comments about Biore Triple Action Astringent:

I have tried several astringents ever since I started getting acne. Many of them dry out my face and burn. This product, however, does not have the same effect. Surely, it can sometimes feel like it is dehydrating my skin, but that problem can easily be fixed by applying moisturizer. The astringent is very easily to apply and it feels great when it comes in contact with your skin. The scent is better than most too. I have tried products before that smell like straight rubbing alcohol. I gave this product a try for a month or two. Unfortunately, I don't see a huge difference. I still occasionally break out when I am stressed. My pores are still the same size, and the white heads are still present. However, I did notice a decrease in black heads. Although I did not receive maximum results, I still continued to use Biore Triple Action because I liked how it made me feel fresh and clean. Unfortunately, my search for a favorite face astringent still continues.

Biore Triple Action Astringent is Powerful

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Biore Triple Action Astringent:

I have used many different products from the Biore acne care line in the past, and I really like the Triple Action Astringent. I have used several different astringents in the past, and most of them are extremely drying and very irritating to my skin. I found with the Biore Triple Action that it was not quite as drying as some that I have tried, although it is still a product that will dry your skin out as that is the nature of the product. I found that even though it was drying it did not irritate my skin like many other types of astringents. I like using the Biore because it is a brand that I trust and not a knock-off brand. They have tested their products very thoroughly and have a variet of products that will fit the many different needs of different skin types. If you have acne that needs to be dried out without the rest of your skin being irritated, I would definitely recommend trying Biore's Triple Action Astringent.

I love this product!

Comments about Biore Triple Action Astringent:

This Biore astringent was actually recommended to me by a teacher in college. She raved about how wonderful is was and how it drastically reduced her breakouts. I was very skeptical, I admit. I have tried several other Biore products, and have been surprisingly satisfied with all of them, so I decided to give this a shot. The first week wasn't good. My skin went crazy. I had random breakouts which really discouraged me, but I kept trying. After a few days they began to clear up. My pores actually began to shrink, and my breakouts were few and far between. I loved the all day clean feeling I would get when I used it. The downfall was that it dried my skin out, and having oily skin already, I didn't like using moisturizers. That's the only complaint I have for this product.

I kind that everyone had different reaction to face cleaning products, but this one was very effective for me.

Ease of Application
It's also very easy to use. I simply dab a little on a cotton pad and wipe it on my face. You will be surprised how much make up and dirt this pills from your face, even after it has been washed.

Convenience
It's pretty convenient to use as long as you have cotton pads it balls available.

Side Effects
The only side effects that I experienced were the breakouts in the beginning, which seems to happen to me everytime I start a new product, and the skin dryness.

Immediacy
You can begin to feel results in about a week or so.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Biore Triple Action Astringent:

I have tried different astringents over time. Biore Triple Action Astringent is the one I like the most. It has an easy open and close top. The bottle is easy to hold onto with one hand while applying the astringent to a cotton pad. The astringent dispenses easily. I like using this astringent in the hot summer months because it effectively takes off any remaining residue from my facial cleaner. It leaves a nice, clean, cool, refreshing feeling on my skin. It doesn't dry out my skin and does not leave a residue or a build up. I normally have normal to dry skin, but when it is really hot, I will have isolated areas of oily patches on my face. I put a little of this astringent on a clean cotton pad, and a few wipes removes the oily feeling. It works as a great touch up during the day. I also apply this astringent over my neck and collarbone area. It is so refreshing and I feel clean after using it with minimal effort. This is a definite product to have on hand and to travel with.

• Immediacy:

Gentle on the skin but hard on oil and acne

Comments about Biore Triple Action Astringent:

Biore Triple Action Astringent is gentle on the skin but hard on oil and acne. I have combination skin which gets very oily on my nose, checks and forehead. I often experience clogged pores and adult acne. I have tried various astringents to control the shine and keep my face clear and acne free. The other products dried out my skin leaving it looking red and dull. Biore really delivered on it's claims to control shine while preventing acne. The astringent felt very good going on my skin. It did not burn, feel hot or make my skin feel like it was sizzling. It was actually refreshing. My skin also felt very good after use. After using this product for a few days, I did notice that my skin did not appear as oily and my pores were not clogged. After two weeks of use, I noticed that the amount of acne I experience was less. After a month of use, my skin was free of acne and looked and felt soft to the touch. As a result I have tried various other products by Biore. They are all effective yet gentle.

Biore is very effective at controlling shine and acne.

Ease of Application
Biore is very easy to apply. I applied Biore to a cotton ball and applied it to my skin.

Side Effects
This is the only astringent that I have ever used that did not cause any side effects.

• Immediacy:

Great quality but can dry out skin.

Comments about Biore Triple Action Astringent:

I think that this triple action astringent is really great quality. I am a big fan of this brand and I liked this product. I have really oily skin and so I am always looking for acne treatments. I have to treat my shoulders, back, and chest as well as my face. I like to try new treatments so my skin doesn't ever get used to one. I was a fan of this astringent. My only piece of advice would be to pay close attention to your skin while you use it. The astringent is strong to fight acne so it can also dry out your skin. I had to be really cautious about how much I used it so my skin would not dry up. I would recommend this product for fighting acne though.

It definitely was effective in clearing up some of my acne. It didn't totally eliminate it but it made a noticeable difference.

Ease of Application
I put it on a cotton ball and the applied it to my face, shoulders, back, and chest.

Side Effects
It can cause your skin to get really dry due to the power of the astringent.