3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Use Biore Ultra Pore Strips if you like looking at nose gunk!

I've recently started using **Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips **after many years of not using Biore Pore Strips.  I used to use the regular Biore Strips, but I find the Ultra Strips work a lot better.  For one, I feel these strips really clean out my pores effectively.  After I peel that strip off, I'm just fascinated at all the gunk that was previously clogging my pores...I honestly look at that strip for a good 10 minutes!

The main problem I have is that the nose strip tends to "puff up" as it dries, and it doesn't affix itself to my entire nose area.  I wish I knew a trick to prevent this, because I feel the strip misses a good portion of my nose and thusly, nose gunk.  Of course, the strips are quite painful to remove, but I attribute that to the deep cleaning effectiveness of the product.  And, as they say, beauty is pain!

Overall, I rate this product 4 out of 5 stars for it's great cleansing abilities and overall effectiveness.  It's nice to see the dirt getting cleaned out and visibly smaller pores.

I'm bored. Hey, I know! I'll rip the skin off my nose! Cool!

***Quick View:*** I suppose the no pain, no gain adage comes into play here but I'll pass, tyvm. These strips hurt and I just don't think they can be good for my skin being as harsh as they are. They DO get some really yecky looking gunk out of pores though. ***About Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips* **One day, when I was gazing into my 10X mirror (see review), I saw my pores. They looked like manhole covers! Wow. I don't have generally large pores but at 10 times the magnification, I could see inside my face and it wasn't pretty. I bought some **Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips,** determined to strip my nose area of everything that could possibly be in my pores. These strips are individually wrapped. You unwrap one, wet your nose area and then stick one on across the bridge of the nose. The strip covers the sides of the nose. Then you wait until the strip dries. This takes around 10 minutes or so for me. When the strip is hard and crackly, it's ready to be removed. Or, in my case, ripped unmercifully from my skin. I did everything right then ripped off the strip. HOLY MOLY! That really hurt. The area was red and none too pleased with me, I sensed. The strip did have some fun looking "stuff" on it though. Little black pieces of what looked like tiny hairs which I assume were ... pore dirt? Eww. After my poor nose settled down, I applied an alcohol free toner and moisturizer and all was well. But I really didn't see much difference in the overall look of my pores. I did study the area in the evil magnified mirror and my pores were clearer. So this does work. But I don't think ripping strips off my face is too good for the delicate skin I am trying to preserve. I won't use these strips again. I use facial scrubs and they seem to work just fine without the pain. ***My Viewpoint*** I think **Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips are **made more for those with oily skin who tend to break out and have large pores. I have dry skin and never break out around my nose, of all places. I usually get on pimple a month in the same spot on my chin but not much else. Since my skin probably isn't the right type, that could be why I really had an unpleasant experience. That and I have heard that gently peeling the strip off is much less painful. I ripped it off like the sadistic lady who gave me a bikini wax ripped the wax off me. Not smart. These are fine for what they are but I don't want to use them. ***I give them 3 stars based only on my experience ***but I recommend them. They may work wonders for you.

Pull out very few black heads.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips:

The Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips are supposed to be amazing for pulling out blackheads from clogged pores, as well as built up dirt and oil that is stuck deep down in the skin. They are also supposed to help reduce the appearance of the pores on your nose.

I wish I could say I had a positive experience with this product, and even after giving it many tries over and over again, I can say that this did not work well for me.

If you have never used pore strips the way you are supposed to apply these is by getting your nose wet, peel the plastic off the back of the strip, apply it to your nose, and let it dry for about fifteen minutes.

I found that it was hard to apply it to my nose the right way because it if wet your nose too much or not enough it won't apply the right way. I also found it hard to use because you have to try and keep your nose still otherwise the strip starts to come off. I also found that it takes quite a long time to dry. They say to give it 10 to 15 minutes, but I found that I had to wait almost 20 minutes or even longer.

When I pull the pore strips off of my nose I find it to be quite uncomfortable, because I feel like it pulls more on my skin then my blackheads. I found that the pore strips removed very little blackheads from my nose, didn't remove any dirt or oils, and my pores were still very noticeable, and not only to add to that my nose was very red. I also found that sometimes it pulled on my skin so hard that it caused my nose to peel which was very uncomfortable.

Overall I would not recommend this product to remove blackheads, because it barely removes any at all. I would save my money, and save up on a good blackhead face cleanser.

The only good thing I have to say is that these are decently inexpensive so I didn't really feel too bad that these didn't work.

Also if you have dry or sensitive skin these probably wouldn't be good for you, because they really do pull hard on your skin.

I always saw people have good results with these blackhead strips, so when I tried them out I was really disappointed with the results I had. It barely pulled out any blackheads, maybe a few here and there, but it definitely didn't pull out a whole strip full. Also using these made my nose peel, and feel kind of raw. I would rather squeeze them out instead of using these strips because that is more effective. I literally got 4 blackheads out with these strips. They were a waste of my money.

Ease of Application
These blackhead strips are very inconsistent and sometimes uneasy to use. If you wet your nose too much, or don't wet it enough its really hard to make it stick to your nose without moving it around. If it doesn't stick properly it won't remove enough blackheads which I find is the main problem with this product. It's also hard to remove it from your nose without hurting your skin. I find more times it pulls and damages my skin rather then getting rid of the blackheads, also I find that it leaves a lot of sticky hard adhesive behind, and I have to scrub it off my face.

They don't have much of a scent to them at all, kind of like a faint clean scent to it. Nothing that noticeable.

• Ease of Application:

They used to work much better

Comments about Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips:

Years ago when I was in my teens, I used these strips all the time. It was super rewarding to pull them off and see all of the nasty stuff you got out of your pores and off your face. It made you feel so much better. My face hasn't changed much. I still have blackheads in the same areas, but these strips just don't work as good as they used to. Your supposed to wet the area on your face just a little then apply the strip and smooth it out. You wait maybe about ten minutes or until it feels dry and you pull it off. If it's too hard to pull off, then just get it wet again and it comes off easily. The good thing is, you can cut the strips to fit your nose or to add a little piece to a different part of your face if you like. I never really thought they had much of a scent, so that wasn't bothersome. When used more recently, they did help a little, but it was nothing compared to the way they used to help. Overall, they are decently priced, easy to use and may be really effective for some people. They just happened to stop working good for me. They are worth a try though.

• Ease of Application:

Works in the short-term, but hard to see the long-term results

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips:

I love the idea of these Biore deep cleansing pore strips. They are very simple to use, simply wet the back of the strip with a small amount of water and smooth it onto your skin. Then you wait the allotted amount of time (while the cleansing strip gets extremely hard and firm and on your skin and tingles a small amount) and then you get to the fun part: ripping it off! It is always exciting to see what the strip pulls out--and you can definitely see it!

I have used both the nose strips and the forehead strips. I prefer the nose strips (but maybe that is because more of my pores get clogged on my nose), however I am still not fully convinced to the effectiveness of this product. In the short term, the seem like they really do the job. I mean, you can actually see the oil build-up that the strips pull out. But, in the long-term, they don't seem to actually do much to minimize the size of pores or prevent them from getting clogged.

So, in short, if your goal is simply to clean out your pores, then this product is for you. If you are trying to minimize the size of your pores, or find a more long-lasting solution, you may want to look elsewhere.

So long clogged pores

from Harvard Il

Comments about Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips:

Wow, who would have thought that there was that much gunk in my pores? Thanks to Biore I now know how to remove all of that excess junk. It's so easy, just moisten your nose ( just a tad or it won't stick at all) bend until the seams are broken and then apply to your nose. Leave it on until it's hard, this part feels funny and it's hard to move your face very well, but this is how you know it's ready!! Now for the hard part, ripping this baby off, OUCH!! But it's well worth it, when you look at the pore strip you will see all of these spiky things sticking up. That's all of the stuff that's been clogging your pores. Rinse your face off with lukewarm water just to get any of the sticky residue off and you should have clearer looking pores on your nose. Do this at least once a week, your nose will thank you for it. This is so much better for your skin than pinching or squeezing the clogged pores. So glad I found these little guys!

• Ease of Application:

A good product, if the timing is right

from Santa Fe, NM

Comments about Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips:

I have been using Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips on my nose for quite a few years. I don't use them very often, maybe once every month or two, but I am always glad that I do. The strip is very easy to apply and, if I let it dry just right, it really pulls a lot of gunk out of my pores when I peel it off. I used one just yesterday, and I was amazed to see the amount of stuff that came out on the strip. But, as I mentioned, letting it dry just right is the issue I sometimes have with this product. If it gets too dry, or is not just dry enough, it is ineffective. Because I have used them many times, I usually get it right, but I remember having issues with this several times when I first started using them. The strips have no noticeable fragrance, and are not irritating to my skin in any way. I will continue to use them, and I would recommend trying them to anyone who is interested. They work, and I only have the one complaint, which others may not experience, and can be easily worked out.

Prepare To Be Horrified By Your Own Pores

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips:

I never realized how gross my pores were until I tried Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips. When I peeled one off my nose for the very first time and saw all the nasty crud it had pulled out of my pores, it became a personal osession of mine. I challenged myself to scrub so well that a Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strip would come off completely clean. To date, I have still not found a "pore cleaning" product that accomplishes this goal. Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips really live up to their name. They honestly give pores a deep cleansing. I like to follow with a good strong facial astringent so I can feel each newly-opened pore getting thoroughly cleaned out. It's indescribably refreshing (and I think is what has kept my skin so nice between weather changes). I would recommend this product to anyone with a strong stomach who thinks they have clean pores. Good luck.

Not worth it...

Comments about Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips:

Let me start off by saying that I used these as much as I could before I became serious and more knowledgeable about my skin and the care of it. I thought that these strips were pretty amazing and the answers to most of my problems but I was wrong. These strips are actually harmful for your skin and can easily make it worse than what you started with. The problem is that it pulls out too much and your skin and body have to work to replace it all. Yes, it all comes back. I have since learned that it is much better and more effective to treat and prevent.

This product is decent at pulling the gunk out but it pulls too much out.

Ease of Application
Easy to use as long as you follow the instructions. It does not mention that you have to make sure your nose area is completely soaked with water instead of being damp like most would assume. This leads to it being extremely painful when you go to remove it.

There is no scent whatsoever.

Biore cleansing strips

Comments about Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips:

These should be called Biore painful cleansing strips! These strips are supposed to pull out black heads and other junk that lives deep in your skin, well they don't! The first time I used one I put it across my nose. I left it on for as long as it said and ripped it off like it said. All I can say is Ouch! I saw nothing, and I mean nothing on that strip and my nose was so red I looked like Rudolph. My nose was stinging and bright red for almost an hour after I used the strip. I was sure at least one blackhead came out considering this strip felt like it was glued on, but nope not even one. I would not use these again.

I followed the directions word for word and nothing came out of my skin onto the strip. I was very disappointed.

Ease of Application
They are very easy to apply, taking off not so much. It hurt pulling this off, it was like it became super glued to my nose!

I honestly do not remember a scent. If these smelled at all it was not noticeable.

• Ease of Application:

Get rid of those blackheads.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips:

These little strips are probably the best invention for getting rid of all of those nasty blackheads on your face. These pore strips actually come in two different strips, one for your nose and one that is perfect for cheeks, foreheads, or even your chin. They are kind of a challenge to use, you have to wash your face and leave it a little bit wet and then you peel them off and stick them to your face in the desired location. They start to get kind of hard and really stick to the desired location. After about ten minutes it is hard and you gently pull it off. It does give a little bit of a tug and it kind of stings when you pull off of your skin, but when you do you will see how clogged your pores really were. It is amazing how much this actually pulls up and how many blackheads that you will pull out of your skin with it. After your skin feels so nice and clean and refreshed, I like to use these about one time a week to try to keep my skin and pores nice and clean.

Not the Best Cleaning Product

from Grand Rapids, MN

Comments about Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips:

The Biore' Deep Cleaning Pore Strip commercial looks really impressive, but alas, are deceptive. These strips really don't clean much at all. The strips are supposed to bond to black heads and remove them, but at best they just pull off the tops and sometimes just some dead skin. The adhesive in the Biore' Strips also is very irritating if you have even slightly sensitive skin.

I did not find that the Biore' Strips cleaned deeply or removed blackheads very well at all. I felt more like the strips were trying to rip off the top layer of my skin after they had dried.

Ease of Application
You have to be careful and meticulous about using the Biore' strips. Follow the instructions exactly. They are only to be used on areas of the skin with large, plugged pores or black heads, but should not be used on skin with pimples or white heads. Since most of us with acne have combinations of both black heads and white heads, that makes use very difficult. The strips do not also adhere correctly to the contours of your skin either.

The Biore' Strips really do not have much scent at all. The strips do not leave any scent on your skin.