Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Biore

Pros

Cons

Great Facial Cleanser

Works best  from the steam of the shower to open and clean pores. My face feels soft and smooth after I come out of the shower. The cooling mint extract makes it smell nice and feels invigorating and clean. I like all of Biore products and I would definetely recommend them to all.

Biore Steam Activated Cleanser is pretty good.

**Biore Steam Activated Cleanser works fairly well.  I found when I used it as my sole face cleansing product it was not strong enough to strip off the day's dirt and grim like my old face wash.  It is great if you are in a hurry to wash up as it can be used in the shower, but I would suggest washing your face twice and letting it sit for a minute before rinsing your face off.  **

** **

**Biore Steam Activated Cleanser does not tingle or have a burning feeling while it is on your face.  It leaves your skin feeling fairly good.  It is slightly less expensive than the other Biore face washes I have seen, so it is a good place to start if you are trying out a new face wash, especially since it does not strip your skin like some of Biore's other face cleansers.**

** **

**The texture of the face wash is a little thick and takes a moment of lathering before you can put it on your face.  I can not see why the steam is needed, as I have not noticed a difference while using it in the shower compared to just at the sink.**

Great cleanser but no difference with or without steam

from West Virginia

Comments about Biore Steam Activated Cleanser:

I love this cleanser. It tingles a little and perks me and my skin up. It also just smells very clean and crisp and fresh. It's a wakeup to several senses at once. It does a good job of clearing away dirt and oil from my face, it also does a good job on breakouts that are mild to moderate. It doesn't do much for the deep down blackheads but it does keep them from getting worse. It's good for my face and my neck as well as other areas that break out such as the breast area which tends to break out on me after intense workouts.

I don't notice a difference however in this product as far as the steam activated aspect. It works just as well for me if I'm taking a cool, lukewarm, or hot shower. Regardless of the steam, I don't notice any difference in power. It does feel a little more tingly I think when my water is hotter but that may just be my perception. I do love that this comes in the flip cap bottle. That is one of my favorite aspects in a bottle design is one hand use in the shower.

It does a good job of getting and keeping my skin clean. It makes me feel fresh and perked up after each use and it's strong enough to help my acne but gentle enough to use twice a day on days that I need it.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use and it has the nice flip cap bottle. It lathers/foams up nicely. You don't need a whole lot of product to lather up on your face either. It doesn't harm my sensitive skin or finger tips like some products so it's a winner in my book.

I really like the scent of this wash. It is strong but in a good way. It's fresh and crisp and is very invigorating. It makes me and my skin up. I also like that it doesn't linger on my skin once I rinse it off. I like a great smelling face wash but I don't like my face to continue smelling like it once I'm done.

very nice facial cleanser

from Cedar Rapids, IA

Comments about Biore Steam Activated Cleanser:

i was very unsure if i would like this product or not but i fell in love with it. i already loved their other products but i really think this one might be the best one yet. i love how fresh my face feels after using it. also it really makes ur face soft as well and not super dried out.

my face was super clean after using it. also i have not had any pimples since i started using it 2 weeks ago.

Ease of Application
just rub and rinse very easy

not to strong

GREAT deep cleanser

from Plymouth, MI

Comments about Biore Steam Activated Cleanser:

I have been a fan of the Biore pore strips for a few years now - they work great of cleaning out my pores, so when I heard about the steam activated cleanser - it sounded like a great product that I just had to try out!  I was lucky enough to find a great coupon to try it out and have been super impressed with the results.  As someone else pointed out, it does apply thick, but it washes off well leaving a nice cooling sensation that you can feel it working deeping into your skin.  It definitely deeps clean and leaves your skin feeling super clean and fresh! I have used it out of the shower with the steam and outside the shower without the steam and it works great either way, but the steam does open your pores quite well.  Since delivering my second child in March, I have been battling acne breakouts and the Biore Steam Activated Cleanser is one of the few cleansers that actually fights against the acne and clears up my skin.  Very affordable price for a great cleanser!

Fresh feeling

from Terry, MS

Comments about Biore Steam Activated Cleanser:

Bottle is kind of small, but the good news is you only need a dollop in your hand per application. I use it in the shower, where it's easier to not make a mess. You do need a small splash of water, as I am not sure the "steam" would activate it. Good lather, and you receive a nice cooling sensation. The rinse is residue-free, but I would recommend that you pat your face dry immediately after using. If you allow your face to air-dry, your skin tends to feels stiff and tight. I would also recommend using some sort of moisturizer after you pat dry as well. Overall, it's a good product that I will purchse again.

Biore Steam Activated Cleanser - impossible pump

from Draper, UT

Comments about Biore Steam Activated Cleanser:

I have been using the stam activated cleanser from Biore for over a week now. I purchased this cleanser because I was interested in seeing if the steam activation really works. Biore claims that the steam from your shower allows their product to penetrate deeply into pores, leaving your skin refreshed all day. I was a bit skeptical that shower steam would really make a difference when using this cleaner. The first thing that I noticed about this product is that the pump is very stiff. It is extremely difficult to pump the product out while you are in the shower because you may not have a hard surface to set the bottle on as you pump. Once you do get enough of the product out, Biore steam activated cleanser actually does seem to clean quite well. The cleanser appeared to work quite well and cleanse deeply. My only complaint is that I believe Biore made a very bad design flaw. As I mentioned, this product is hard to get out of the bottle in the shower.

from Kapaa, HI

Comments about Biore Steam Activated Cleanser:

I just received a small free sample of this product in the mail and after using it for 2 days, I went out and bought a full size bottle. I use this product in conjunction with another product that exfoliates my face because I feel like it doesn't really exfoliate, but it does wash nicely. It was a nice surprise in the shower when I applied this product to have the nice cooling sensation all over my face! It was so refreshing. It made my face feel so fresh and clean after getting out. I didn't feel like my face was tight or dry either. It felt moisturized that I didn't even have to put a moisturizer on. (not to be mistaken for an overly moisturization feeling). I liked that it was a top beauty pick (it says it right on the bottle and the fact that it was pretty decently priced under 10 bucks. Can't go wrong with something from Biore. I've always been a fan!

Biore Steam Activated Cleanser does it's job.

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Biore Steam Activated Cleanser:

I bought this cleanser because I've seen it advertised in all my magazines.  I had a coupon for it and found it for a cheap price at Target.  I didn't purchase it to be my main cleanser.  It does state it needs steam to become activated and I figured I would throw it in my shower for after work outs or to use in the morning.  It comes in a decent size for the price and lasts a long time.  I only use one pump.

This cleanser is great for that.  I probably wouldn't recommend as your main and only cleanser.  When you pump it from the bottle, I recommend mixing it with a little water and making it a little foamy before applying to face.  When you do this, it doesn't go on so thick and is easier to rinse off.  It also seems to activate the cleanser better.  It seems to open my pores and makes my skin feel tingly clean.  I love that feeling especially after a long work out.  The tingly, minty feeling is great for the morning as well.  The scent is nice and not overpowering.

Biore Steam Activated Cleanser is the BEST!

from Long Beach, CA

Comments about Biore Steam Activated Cleanser:

I once got this cleanser as a sample with my Biore nose strips, but I always figured I would just stick with the products I had then and try it later on. A few months passed by and I somehow found it again so I decided why not and just try it. So when I was in the shower I squirted some in my hand; rubbed it on my face; and used my Clarisonic Mia to lather it in well. Let me just say the BEST thing that my face has ever felt!! The Biore Steam Activated Cleanser ONLY works in the shower. (This is for the best too because when you are in hot surroundings your pores open up!) So when you lather it on in the shower you will feel this tingly sensation on your face the very first time you put it on. It's not a horrible thing though! Don't worry! Then afterwards when your face gets used to it the tingly sensation will slowly start to go away! This product definitely helps reduce the chances of getting blackheads and pimples in my case. Please give this product a try! Hopefully you'll love it JUST as much as I do!

Steam Activated Cleaser: Another great Biore Product!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Biore Steam Activated Cleanser:

I have yet to meet a Biore product that I do not love. The Biore Steam Activated Cleanser with SteamActive beads is no exception.

I bought 4 bottles when they were on clearance at Walgreens. After coupons and Register Rewards, the products did not cost me anything. I even shared one bottle with a friend who is equally in love with Biore products.

The Steam Activated Cleanser says that it needs steam to work. I am happy to say that despite my showers not being very steamy, the Steam Activated Cleanser still works very well. It is actually easier to use than my beloved Pore Unclogging Scrub because of the convenient pump dispenser. No fooling around with opening it. I have this product in the shower next to the Pore Unclogging Scrub, but use it more often.

Like all other Biore products, this one leaves my skin feeling very clean and refreshed.

Biore Steam Activated Cleanser is the best ever!!

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Biore Steam Activated Cleanser:

This product is amazing! I am actually an off-brand kind of girl, or "whatever is cheapest" kind of girl. When I found some Biore on sale, matched with a coupon, I thought I would give it a shot, and I absolutely love it! I've starting using this product in December, only use 1 drop per wash, and I'm only about 1/8 through the bottle. I like to wash my face in the shower and let the steam help activate the product and cleanse my skin. My skin feels cleaner, smoother, and oddly enough - healthier. The first day I used Biore in the shower, I remember thinking "Oh Lord, YES!" It was a great feeling on my face. If you can find a great deal on this product or even use a coupon, I would highly recommend Biore Facial Cleanser to anyone!