Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Treat your skin well and it will return the favor.

This product is touted as being more effective than the leading scrub, without damaging your skin.  It exfoliates and refines, and helps your pores breathe a little easier.  With 50% more gentle exfoliating spheres, this creamy, oil free formula exfoliates better to give you the unclogging power you want without the irritation.  Gentle enough for daily use.

I received a gift card for a facial at a local day spa and I finally got around to using it about  one month ago.  After the facial, my skin was clean and soft and I wanted to keep it that way.  So, I purchased two new cleansers, one a daily gentle foaming cleanser by Olay and also this Biore product for exfoliating several times a week.  Since I live in a very sunny and hot area, I have to worry about dirt clogging my pores after a spell outside working in the garden or a long walk on the beach or bicycling through the parks.  When you get hot and sweaty, you know your pores are going to take a beating!

I have to say that I do really like this product.  I have been using it faithfully over the past month, along with my sunscreens and moisturizers.  My face still feels as soft and supple as it did the day I had my facial.  Since my skin tends to be sensitive, I cannot use a harsh exfoliant.  This product does not irritate my skin, but it does the job.

I like the entire Biore line of products and this particular one will remain in my skin care regimen.  I would recommend this product to any one seeking a good gentle but effective facial exfoliant.

Just Okay

I have used the Biore Pore Unclogging scrub in the past to deal with the oily build up around my nose. Honestly it works okay, but there are more effective products out there. I feel that if they would change up their formulation a little the product would work so much better.
I wouldn't really consider this much of a "scrub". While it does have scrubbing beads in it, it is very sparse, and you don't really feel them when applying it. Adding a few more of these to the formula would really help loosen up dirt/oil, and exfoliate the skin.
Also this product has a menthol additive that makes your face tingle, and tightens up the pores temporarily. However, I don't really see any benefit to this a couple hours later when the tightness wears off.
Overall it does an okay job. You need to use it daily for it to be effective. However if you want a better cleanser I would look into Clean and Clear products.

I wouldn't say this product is super effective. With some adjustments, it could be so much better.

Ease of Application
Easy to apply. Just massage a small amount into the face, and rinse clean.

Has a little bit of a medicine smell, but not too bad.

A gentle cleanser that works at combating clogged pores

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub:

I have been using Biore products for years. I don't use them exclusively because I am to much of a beauty care junkie to stick to only a couple things. However, I really liked this facial scrub. It contains salicylic acid which is in most acne control products. This is good for getting off dead skin cells and cell turnover. It also contains little exfoliation beads which aid in this effort also. Both of these qualities keep your pores open and able to be deep cleaned preventing clogged pores. It is budget friendly and I can usually find coupons to make the cost even better. It is widely available at drug stores and mass market retailers.

This did an excellent job of removing the dirt, grime, and oil on my face. I have combination skin and tend to get little bumps around my chin and temples. This did help reduce these which made me happy. I also get dry skin patches occasionally on other areas of my face. This did a good job of removing the dead skin. It made my skin feel soft and smooth. It did not leave a residue and made my face feel clean and comfortable. This did not irritate or burn my sometimes sensitive skin.

Ease of Application
This is easy to apply and use. It only takes a small amount and will lather up when massaged into the skin.

This has a light scent. It is not overpowering in any way.

Biore's Pore Uncloging Scrub Has Limited Effectiveness

from St. Louis, MO

Comments about Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub:

I was really enthusiastic when I first started using Biore's Pore Unclogging scrub. The delightful scent, as well as the gentle exfoliating beads make for a really fantastic washing experience. However, I found that overall the product did not have lasting results for me, a fact testified to by the long line of facial cleansers I have tried since.

I have normal skin, in that it is not particularly dry or oily. However, though I am 29 I still get acne flare-ups every time I'm on my period. My pores are also large on my nose, between my eyebrows and in places on my chin. I thought this would be great for clearing out my pores and keeping bad flare-ups at bay. That is was just not the case. While the cleanser felt great (a little tingly which really helps with waking up in the morning) I did not find it to be especially effective. My pores seemed no more clear than with any other variety of facial cleanser.

Overall, this may be a good product for someone who has normal skin and does not experience much acne. However, for someone like me, it is not really enough to do the job.

Just Okay

Ease of Application
Easy to apply. Just massage a small amount into the face, and rinse clean.

Has a little bit of a medicine smell, but not too bad.

• Ease of Application:

My pores did not change much

Comments about Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub:

I have had really oily skin my entire life. Therefore, I have used a lot of face washes that are targeted towards cleaning out pores. I found this one and bought it based on the hope that it would help unclog my pores, especially on my nose. I had mixed feelings about what it did for my skin. On a positive side, my skin looked great while using this. It made it really soft and smooth. I definitely did not have breakouts while using it. However, my pores did not unclog either. The amount of blackheads on my nose did not change at all while using this. It prevented breakouts but did not clear out my pores.

It was really effective at getting my skin clean and smooth. However, it did not clear out or unclog any of my pores. The amount of blackheads I had remained the same even after using the entire bottle.

Ease of Application
It is really easy to use. I used it in the shower and at night before bed.

The scent is fine. It smells really clean.

Perfectly clean!

from Cummings, KS

Comments about Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub:

I tried this facial cleanser after browsing the aisle at the store. I do not have problems with acne, but I figured my skin could use a bit of a boost. The first time I tried it I was hooked! It has a wonderful smell to it and the little blue beads in the wash made my skin feel so much cleaner! The scent is invigorating. It left my face feeling wonderfully cool and clean (which certainly helps in the humid Kansas summer weather). My only complaint: the blue beads. While they do wonders for my skin, helping to buff it smooth and clean, they also get stuck in my hairline. The first time I used this facial cleanser, I was picking them out of my hairline all day! The second time I wised up and decided to use this wash in the shower. Problem solved! I wish I would have had this facial cleanser in my teen years. I will definitely be using it again (in the shower...darn blue beads!). Thanks, Biore!

Works okay

Comments about Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub:

I tend to get a lot of blackheads, so I'm always trying out new products that promise to keep my pores clean and free of blemishes. I recently decided to try out the Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub. It worked just okay. While I was using it, it made my face feel clean and like it was really exfoliating my skin, making it clean and smooth. After using it repeatedly, I didn't notice any big difference to the amount of blackheads I was getting.

The scrub is really easy to use. I just get my face wet, and then scrub a small amount of the scrub into my skin. Then I rinse it off with warm water. It is gentle enough for frequent use, and it didn't dry out my skin at all or make it more sensative.

This worked well as an exfoliator and it kept my skin smooth, but I don't think it really worked to unclog my pores.

Ease of Application
This product is really easy to apply. You just scrub it into your damp skin, and then rinse it off.

• Ease of Application:

Good for cleaning face, not much on pore unclogging

from West Virginia

Comments about Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub:

I actually like this product as a face wash. It does a good job of giving just a hint of exfoliation and it helps leave my skin feeling soft and fresh. It doesn't do much as far as pore unclogging though. My blackheads on my nose and chin are just as noticeable as ever even after giving this product a month to work. It just doesn't really help. I did notice when I used another product, this one helped to keep the pores unclogged and clean after the first product did the hard work. But overall, it just isn't a pore unclogger for me. It's more of just a very light exfoliating face wash.

It didn't unclog my pores. It did make my skin feel nice, helped my acne tone down, kept me clean and fresh, and was a nice gentle exfoliate, but it just didn't unclog my pores in my nose or chin. I noticed it did help with my forehead but not the deep down blackheads which are the ones that matter most for me.

Ease of Application
Easy to apply, but I felt as if I had to add a little extra product after I started washing my face. It does have the flip cap, which is great for the shower and using one handed. I notice this one doesn't hurt my finger tips either like some other exfoliates. It is also good on the chest area. Easy to apply, but takes a little extra product.

The smell of this kind of smells a bit more like a clay mask to me. It's not unpleasant but it isn't very lively.

• Ease of Application:

A great scrub for your face thats gentle and not harsh

Comments about Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub:

I love how since this is a scrub its gentle and its not harsh like those other scrubs out there. Its really pure and it exfoliates any dead skin cells. It cleanses away all my makeup and clogged up dirt I have. My face feels refreshed and I always feel like I have this glow of a clean face. It also keeps my face feeing hydrated. Its really gentle to my face so it doesn't dry it out. Its really deep cleaning and it gets deep into my pores. I have noticed that my blackheads minimized and they don't come back. I would recommend this to anybody who just wants a good face cleaning its gentle to use everyday but only use it once a day. I love how my face doesn't feel oily after and how it just feels pure clean. Its a mild cleanser that does deep cleaning. My face felt a lot smoother and I felt as if my skin was really soft. I love how it doesn't have harsh chemicals in it so it makes me feel good to use.

Didn't do much.

Comments about Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub:

Biore is always on sale at the store I shop at all the time, and I seem to come across coupons for it quite often. So it was a no brainer that I should try it out. At first I liked it - it worked pretty well. However, after a couple weeks, my acne got a little bit worse. I noticed the effectiveness of this face wash was becoming worse over time. Of course I had already told my mom I loved it so she stocked up when it was on sale. Unfortunately it stopped working for me. I have used other Biore products since then, but I just was not impressed with the results of this one after a couple weeks. Also, this is called a "Pore Unclogging Scrub". So you would think that it unclogs your pores, correct? Wrong. I noticed no difference and so that just added on to the fact that I was slowly losing my confidence in this product. So this has joined the list of many, many face products that I unfortunately will not be returning to.

• Ease of Application:

only facial cleanser i ever use

Comments about Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub:

This is the only facial cleanser I ever use. It really helps me keep breakouts under control and exfoliates my skin. If I try to switch to anything else I break out and I can tell that my complexion looks duller. I also love the smell of this stuff. It makes my face feel and look amazing.