4.8

Pros

Cons

It's an okay product

Comments about Bionaire Portable Silent Micathermic Heater:

I can't say that this is one of my favorite products. We have been using a few of them at the office. One of them is a bit damaged but it still works fine. Whenever you turn one of them on (even after it has been off for a day or so), it will have a burning smell that will last for about 5-10 minutes, which is a bit unpleasant. It does heat up pretty fast though and it seems safe and easy to move around with the handle.
It is able to heat up a small room very quickly and keep it very warm, not entirely a large one though. One would have to stay very close to the heater when you are in a large room to actually feel the heat. So, i would recommend this for smaller rooms or for individual use.

• Safety:

You get what you pay for - quality.

Comments about Bionaire Portable Silent Micathermic Heater:

This a a portable heater that is more than capable of heating up an entire large room, and does so with ease and elegance. I live that it can cover as an old school radiator in a room, and works very well overall.

This thing puts out a ton of heat, and does so without any issues. It can get quite hot so don't sleep too close to it, but do feel free to turn the heat up!

Like a lot of other models out there, the controls are very intuitive and easy to use. I can use them in the dark at this point and it gives me no issues at all.

I suspect that the Bionare could make it through a severe traumatic event with ease. It sure makes it through my kids lol.

The heater looks like a lovely old time space heater. It suits the rooms that I use it in just fine and is great.

Safety
Something this well built, and pricy has to be well built and true to form it is.

Very pleased

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Bionaire Portable Silent Micathermic Heater:

I purchased this heater because I was trying to save some money on my home heating bills during the winter. We have a 2500 square foot home but find that we spend a great majority of our time in one main area. I love this heater!

I set this heater in our main area while keeping my whole house heater off. It has saved me so much in our electric bill. This heater is so quiet that you would never know its on and I Iike that the sides of the heater aren't blazing hot.

It is the perfect size to roll into the bathroom to heat while we are showering and getting ready in the morning. I have been very pleased with this heater and it has held up over several winters for us.

Bionaire Micathermic heater

from Fox River Grove, IL

Comments about Bionaire Portable Silent Micathermic Heater:

I've had this Bionaire Micathermic heater for 4 or 5 years now, and it still works great! It's lightweight (unlike the oil-filled radiator style), and it's easy to carry from room to room. It starts heating up immediately when I turn it on, and it warms up our basement family room in about 20 minutes. It's completely silent, and it radiates the heat through the whole room. I couldn't make it through the winter without it!

Love this heater!

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Bionaire Portable Silent Micathermic Heater:

I bought the Bionaire BH3950-U Silent Micathermic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat 2-3 years ago during the winter so I could keep the house at a lower temperature and use it in the room I was in most of the time so i could save some money on my heating bill!  The thing I really liked about this unit is that it is very quiet!  Every now and then it will make a small noise as the ceramic plate heats but for the most part I can't hear a thing out of it because it does not use fans.  It uses a compact micathermic heating element, which uses 80 percent convection and 20 percent reflective heat to warm the air directly in front of the unit, which then circulates upwards into the room to provide consistent warmth.   It takes a little while to start warming up the room but once it is going it is highly effective.  My dogs really like it and will lay on either side of it to warm up.  I liked it so much that I went back a couple of weeks later and bought a second one to keep in my bedroom.  Now when I get ready for bed I turn it on 30 minutes before bedtime so the room will be nice and toasty when I get in there.  One con is that the ceramic plate is sealed tight in the box so for the first 2-3 days of use it has a weird smell.  Once you get past that period it will never have a smell again, even after taking the spring, summer, and fall off.  Put up with the smell for a few days and you will have a virtually silent and effective heater!