Other Joint & Muscle Pain Medicines:
Biofreeze Pain Relieving Roll-On Gel

Biofreeze Pain Relieving Roll-On Gel

Pros

Cons

Biofreeze Pain Relieving Gel - 3 Oz. Roll-on It WORKS!!!!

So, I had never heard of this stuff before nor had I ever been to a Chiropractor. My husband had injured his back somewhat at work and was going once per week to get the kinks worked out. I am a sufferer of major migraine and stress related headaches and it seems that nothing I do will usually work for me. At one of his visit's, like usual, I was suffering a terrible headache and the pain was just unbearable. They noticed my pain and asked if they could try a few things for me. Willing to do or try almost anything at this point, I lay back in the chair and let them put this amazing BioFreeze roll-on onto my neck and upper back. I was absolutely amazed at what was to follow. Now some will probably say it doesnt work that well, and some will swear by it, for me, I LOVE this stuff. It was cool and the smell was nothing, and I mean nothing compared to Icy Hot or some of that stuff that just really smells so bad you cant go out in public and it take's forever to wear off. Cool and refreshing, and dried quickly without the greasy mess that the other stuff leaves behind. It's a little expensive, but not that bad. Well worth the cost for me as it relieves my pain like nothing I have ever known before ! I have never been without it since the trip that eased my headache so to the point that I could actually function again. If you have tired and aching muscles, or maybe even suffer from severe headaches such as I do, give it a try..... Hopefully it will help you like it has helped me. I think it is a wonderful product and I thank God that I found it !

biofreeze, smells great, but little else

While most people think I'm crazy, I love the smell of this stuff!

While most people think I'm crazy, I love the smell of this stuff!

My sister ordered a case of this stuff for her stiff muscles. She gave me a couple of the three ounce roll ons, and although the ball rubbed up against a sore muscle feels good, the product itself doesn't really seem to do much. After applying it, it does have a slight cooling feeling, but it doesn't really seem to do much as far as relieving any pain, or loosening tight muscles.

I've had shoulder problems for years, and when it started acting up again, I tried the Biofreeze. I was really quite disappointed. I expected it to sooth the pain, and instead, all it did was wet my shoulder and leave a pleasent scent behind. It doesn't seem to stain my clothes, but it sure doesn't do what it's suppose to either. I know my sister paid a pretty penny for this stuff, and I've heard it's suppose to work well. I wonder if maybe she got an old batch that had lost it's potency.

Works, But is Pricey

Comments about Biofreeze Pain Relieving Roll-On Gel:

My Chiropractor introduced me to Biofreeze when I threw my back out a couple of years ago. She said it was a great way to relieve muscle soreness, and tightness. She was right. It did do a good job with dulling those symptoms. The only thing it didn't do was dull the hit to my wallet.
Biofreeze is by far one of the most expensive mentholated medicines out there. While it does do a great job, I just can't justify the price tag. I honestly believe that Icy Hot is just as good.
The roll on version of Biofreeze does not go very far before you run out. However, the product itself does act fast, and will help the pain tremendously. I also liked the fact that it wasn't greasy, and seemed to evaporate dry on the skin. The draw back is that it tends to wear off fairly fast, and you will need to reapply several times throughout the day. As with any mentholated medicine I highly recommend that you steer clear of sensitive areas on the body, as well as away from eyes and nose.
Overall it's a solid product, but just needs to have the price dropped a little.

Works well with easy application

Comments about Biofreeze Pain Relieving Roll-On Gel:

This is one of my favorite products for pain relief. I love that it's made in the USA. It really does work and the roll on applicator keeps the gel off my hands. I don't really care for the smell, so it's nice to have the applicator. The smell does fade after the product dries. I started using it while I was pregnant. I had back pain and I was afraid to take regular pain pills. My doctor said this would be safe. I still use it for back pain and pulled muscles. I like it because you can apply it right where it hurts and it works right away. There's no side effects or waiting for it to work. The roll on makes for easy application but the product doesn't dispense very quickly with the applicator. I have to shake it a few times while applying and go over the area several times. Also, the directions specify to only roll on in one direction, not in circles or back and forth. Rolling the product in one direction does seem to help dispense it faster.

Biofreeze away the aches and pains

Comments about Biofreeze Pain Relieving Roll-On Gel:

I love Biofreeze. I work a very physically active job and at the end of a long day my body is just crushed; I am sore and achy all over. A warm bath helps alleviate some of the tension so that I can relax, but it does not take the soreness and pain away. I get a lot of pain particularly in my lower back because I do a lot of lifting and bending at work. Some times when I come home I am walking hunched over and feel as if I have become crippled. I have tried numerous pain relief rubs and patches, and in my opinion, Biofreeze has them all beat. It rubs on easily and evenly because it is just the right consistency, not too thick or thin like some rubs. What I love about Biofreeze is that it dulls the pain immediately and does not cause crazy burning like other rubs. The pain relief also lasts longer with Biofreeze, which I really appreciate. The reason I did not give it a full 10 is because it is a bit pricier than many of the other rubs, but then again, you get what you pay for.

Product feels good and helps a lot.

from Kenner, LA

Comments about Biofreeze Pain Relieving Roll-On Gel:

My exercise center sells and recommends this product. I have lower back pain that is relieved by biofreeze. I use it everyday..usually in the morning or after exerercising. The first feeling is quite cold and is a little shock, but right away you start to feel pain relief.

Cold therapy that works for temporary relief

Comments about Biofreeze Pain Relieving Roll-On Gel:

The Bottom Line: Biofreeze Pain Relieving Roll-On Gel is a cold therapy product that helps with all sorts of pains by creating this intensely cold sensation, which temporarily blocks the pain. It works quite fast after application, is not messy, and it has a pleasant minty scent. The 3 ounce roll on container is perfect for traveling, especially on long haul flights.

I first became familiar with Biofreeze while on a European vacation, and ended up buying the roll on gel container in a French pharmacy, because I had an excruciatingly painful neck ache and needed fast relief. I immediately loved how easy it was to apply. The roll on format allows you to really target the painful areas, without having to get your hands all greasy and tacky.

Within about 5 minutes, I started feeling the intensely cool sensation on my neck, and I have to say I was amazed at how great it worked at easing the pain. The relief felt great but it did not last as long as I would have wanted and needed to apply more Biofreeze about two hours later. It definitely works great short term, but is not intended to be used more than four times per day. Unlike other topical balms that relieve pain with heat, my skin did not develop any reaction or rash when I used Biofreeze, so I would also recommend it for people with sensitive skin.

This makes biofreeze even easier to apply and I love the bottle.

from West Virginia

Comments about Biofreeze Pain Relieving Roll-On Gel:

I have been a fan of Biofreeze for years since my mom would apply it to my sprains as a young girl. I love the tingly feeling of relief the product gives. I have used it in several forms but by far my favorite is the roll on gel. This makes it so much easier to apply the product and to roll it on where I need it. Because of the roll-on gel, I don't get the product on my hands as much. The only down side to the roll-on is that when I need to get in nooks and cranny's such as between toes, I have to roll it on and then massage it in with my fingers to get medicine where I need it.

When you first open the bottle, you have to roll the roller around on your skin for a few second before the product comes out because it's made to keep everything fresh. After you use it, you simply screw the cap back on.

This product has the same great formula as their original gel. It goes on cool to the touch and is a bit tingly and then the tingly sensation increases in a good way to help bring relief to the sprain or strained area. The smell is kind of like menthol and peppermint which I like and do not mind but it may not be a crowd pleaser for some.

I wouldn't recommend just relying on this alone if you have a long work day ahead. It can be used in conjunction with a minor pain reliever. It works best if you're planning on staying off the strain or sprain. It does take some of the sting away but it isn't going to allow you to be running marathons on a sprained ankle.

It really freezes the pain.

from Michigan

Comments about Biofreeze Pain Relieving Roll-On Gel:

I really love this roll-on gel it's not messy, gooey, sticky or thick. I went into my chiropractors for the usual check up and let him know i was having more lower back pain. The stretches were not working out. Nor were the pain pills i was trying to suppress the tingling sensation with. He told me he had something for me that will make me feel better. Looked around his i was waiting in the office thinking. "how big of a pain pill is he gonna make me take?" He left the room and popped back in with a box. He cut it open and pulled out the roll on gel, I was skeptical because it was the first time i had seen it. He let me apply some on and I could feel the gel working right on contact. It gave me a brief tingling sensation before working it's way into the tired muscles. It gave me back my strength and took away from the grittiness from bad experiences from pain relievers. I was genuinely shocked my relief came in the form of a roll on gel!

Good product; easy topical application

from Wisconsin

Comments about Biofreeze Pain Relieving Roll-On Gel:

Okay, the first time I used this, I thought, 'Who cares if it works or not, it feels good going on!' When I had a sore neck muscle that went down into my right shoulder, I loved it when my daughter or husband would roll this on me. It was like a mini-massage. And who likes getting their hands goopy or stinky from the creams, etc.? You have nothing to touch, so no hand washing afterwards. It doesn't take a whole lot to be effective, and it's nice that I didn't have to take pain relievers orally. Sometimes if pain gets severe enough, oral pain reliever along with the use of this Biofreeze can be a Godsend. It does double duty. For most instances, however, just the Biofreeze itself will be enough. The best part? If you want to wear this during the day when you have to go to work or be out and about, no one else will be able to smell you a mile away and think, "Ah, that person pulled a muscle!" It's scent is much more mild than other creams I've used. It isn't the cheapest stuff around, but probably one of the most topical body pain relievers I've ever used;.

Great pain reliever!

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Biofreeze Pain Relieving Roll-On Gel:

I have used Biofreeze for several years. I began using it when a it was recommended to a friend by her chiropractor for for sciatic nerve pain. I do not personally have a tremendous amount of muscle aches and pains, but I do have the occasional pain from an active day, or from my exercise routine. Biofreeze Pain Relieving Roll-Om Gel is perfect to carry around in my purse for those emergency applications throughout the day. The cooling effect it has when applied is so soothing, and it doesn't stain your skin green like some of the other brands do. I like the roll on because you don't have to get it all over your hands when you apply it. And you can put it exactly where you need it. There is an odor to it, but that fades away quickly. And it gives fast and long lasting relief for muscle aches. I am particularly prone to muscle cramps in my calves and this is the only thing that really helps me with that. So if you are looking for an effective, mess free and non greasy pain reliever, I highly recommend Biofreeze. It is a little expensive, but worth every cent!

Almost instant pain relief

from Palm Harbor, FL

Comments about Biofreeze Pain Relieving Roll-On Gel:

I first found out about Biofreeze from a physical therapist who sold me my first bottle. At that time the only way I could purchase Biofreeze was from a healthcare professional. Now you can find it readily available, which is great news for anyone looking for almost instant pain relief.This product is not messy and dries almost instantly.I prefer the roll-on over the other forms Biofreeze is available in as I find the roll-on to be very convenient and easy to apply. You feel a cooling sensation at the area you have applied the gel. Then the pain seems to just go away, or at the very least, it considerably less. When I travel I always make sure to take this with me to relieve sore muscles from that additional walking and activities one does while on vacation. Roll it on and you are good to go relatively pain free. While I do not find the odor of the product to be very strong, other people do. Rest assured that the odor disappears in about the length of time it take for the product to dry.